Jewels

Story Info
An intimidated young woman doesn't recognize her own beauty.
10.2k words
4.66
81.8k
42

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/15/2022
Created 05/23/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Callicious
Callicious
1,841 Followers

You ask me to describe Jewels? Well, Julie Holmshire is 5' 5" tall and weighs about 120 lbs., but don't tell her I told you that. She has long black hair that reaches almost to her waist. She has a nice figure with a small waist and breasts on the small side of medium. Her feet are. . . . But I'm really not describing Jewels am I. I'm just telling you about the outward appearance, which, while a gorgeous package, is not the real Jewels. What you are really asking is for intangibles. How do I describe the beauty one does not see, or who Jewels really is? I cannot. When I try to talk about Jewels everything seems to be wrapped up in a bundle of . . ., well I can't even describe that! Jewels is Jewels! That should explain it well enough for anyone who knows her. There is no other person like her anywhere, and how do I get to even walk on the same earth? That is not my doing. You would have to talk with my parents about that.

I met Jewels for the first time 18 years, 3 months and 2 days ago when I was 18 months old, and she was a whole three days new. Her mother and mine were college roommates their freshmen year in college and they hit it off so well they stayed roommates all the way through graduation. My mother introduced Jewels' mother Sandy to Brad Holmshire midway through their sophomore year. She and Brad worked together in the Dining Common at school. Mom was dating another guy at the time and thought Brad and Sandy would fit well together. They did, and married two days after graduation. Mom and her guy split, but she met Dad during her senior year. They held off their wedding until two weeks after Brad and Sandy's so they could get back from their honeymoon in time to stand up with them. Why they didn't just have a double wedding I really don't know. They have remained close friends ever since. We live two blocks from each other and get together frequently. In fact, when we were little kids Jewels and I played together almost every day. Oh, you want to know why I call her Jewels? Simple, I couldn't say Julie when she was born. It came out kind of like Jewels, and the name has stuck with her within our families since.

As we grew older Jewels and I kind of drifted apart. When I was eight I came down with rheumatic fever, and was pretty sick for almost a year. I had to stay in bed for over nine months, not even getting up to go to the bathroom for half a year. My mother tutored me that year so I didn't fall behind my class. I was lucky in that I had little lingering side effects following it other than a little bit of heart murmur that would prevent me from joining the Marines. As a consequence I didn't get to play sports and I tended to be more inclined to a good book and board or card games. Jewels, on the other hand was able to participate in all activities, including being an All-State Volleyball player her senior year. She was also one of the most popular girls in her class at school. Being almost two years older we didn't share any classes or anything, so we didn't have all that much in common. Our families, however, continued to get together regularly, so I saw her frequently.

We also vacationed together at least once a year at my grandparent's cabin on a small lake out in the country. It wasn't remote, or anything like that, but it was over an hour outside the city. My grandparents had owned a farm that had about half of the land flooded when the government built the lake. As a consequence, about a mile of the shoreline was in our family, with several semi-secluded coves that came in off of the shoreline. The cabin had been built on one of these coves, and unless one went out a ways the rest of the lake could not be seen. This gave a great sense of privacy, yet full access to everything on the lake. I called it a cabin, but that is just what our family always called it. I guess cabin doesn't really describe a five bedroom, six bath house with a wrap- around veranda on three sides of the house. It also had a widow's walk on the roof with a nice railing. It was a great place to sit in the evening and watch the sunset, or after dark and look at the stars. You sure could see a lot more stars there than you could see in the city!

About half a mile from the shore line was an island that was probably a half of a mile in length and about a third of a mile in width. It as the hilltop on which the old homeplace had been built, but when the land was condemned the house and barn had been torn down. There was nothing left there but a grove of oaks, a few fruit trees, and a gravel drive, or what remained of it anyway, that ran across the island. I loved to take a canoe across there and sit up under one of the old oaks with a good book and enjoy the peace and quiet. Occasionally I would take along a pup tent and a fishing rod and camp out overnight. There is nothing better than roasting a freshly caught fish over an open fire. I'd wrap a couple of potatoes in aluminum foil and bake them in the coals and eat them with the fish. Wonderful eating! In the fall on occasion I would go up there alone with a pellet gun and shoot a squirrel or two and roast one of them over an open fire. That is as good as it gets! Peace and quiet, with no one bugging you about what you are going to do with your life, or dealing with a boss, or putting up with annoying customers. . . . You get the idea, but then this was about Jewels, not me, wasn't it.

Jewels was one of those girls who has no clue of their beauty. She was a late developer, and with her slight, slender figure didn't think she was attractive. Actually, she intimidated most of the guys in the High School, and she had no time for the obnoxious jocks that did try to make a play for her. She was much too intelligent for them. Most of the time, she walked around with her eyes downcast and didn't notice the guy's eyes on her as they passed in the halls. Girls can be funny that way! It isn't like she was just waiting for someone to flatter her beauty or anything like that. She really did not think herself pretty.

Anyway, this story happened in June a couple of weeks after her graduation from High School. Both of our families were spending the week at the cabin in celebration, and for our annual vacation. My Dad and Brad always spent some time each trip doing light maintenance on the place. They joked it was awfully cheap rent for the cabin, but honestly I think they both enjoyed it. Due to my heart murmur I was left out of much of it, which on one hand I appreciated, but on the other hand I felt excluded. Anyway, this year they were painting the soffit and fascia around the second story. They had erected two ladders with jacks for a walkboard and were getting quite a bit done. It was one of those freak accidents that one does not foresee happening. One of the ladders had been set up over a buried rock that seemed stable until they were both out on the walkboard reaching for the outer edge of the fascia. The rock shifted in the sandy soil. It wasn't much, but it was just enough to tilt the board. Had they not been stretched out as they were it wouldn't have bothered them. Brad lost his balance, and when Dad tried to grab him they both tumbled off. Neither was hurt really badly. Dad broke his collar bone, and Brad broke his wrist, but obviously they had to go to the hospital. Mom asked me to be sure to take care of Jewels while they were gone, and said they would probably not get back overnight. We each had our cell phones, so it wasn't like we were lost in the wilderness or anything. Jewels obviously didn't need anyone babysitting her either, but it made Mom feel better. They promised to call us and let us know everything was OK, and when they would be back.

Cooking was one of my hobbies, so for lunch I broiled a couple of catfish with lemon pepper, basil, and a little cayenne pepper. It was one of my favorite fish dishes along with some homefried potatoes and some corn on the cob. I also opened a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc since the parents were gone. I knew my parents wouldn't mind since we would not be going anywhere, and we would not be getting drunk. I wasn't sure about Jewels folks, but I figured she was eighteen, and no one was around to ask. We enjoyed our lunch, and then Jewels helped me clean up. There was just enough wine left to pour us each a small glass that we took out to the verandah to enjoy. It was just enough to give us each a nice mellow buzz.

Because it was Monday afternoon things were very quiet. On weekends one could hear the speedboats and jet skis out on the lake, although one could not see them from the house. During the week it was only the locals or those who were renting places for the week, but nobody was within a couple of miles of us. My grandfather had built a nice sand beach at the end of our cove, which was around a bend and could not be seen from the lake. I suggested we put on our bathing suits and go down for a swim. Jewels agreed, so I quickly changed into my trunks and grabbed some towels. I also grabbed a couple of flotation cushions to take along. Both of us were excellent swimmers, but we had the rule that we never went swimming without another person along, and we always took floatation devices along just in case of emergency. We never needed them, but that was the point. We didn't want to need them and not have them available! Jewels came out of the house wearing her bathing suit and a robe over it. Like I said earlier, she did not understand her beauty, and thought her slight figure was unattractive. If only she knew what I thought! We walked down to the shoreline together making small talk of no real importance, then dropping the towels and floats I ran into the water. Jewels took off her robe and quickly walked in self-consciously. I couldn't help watching! She wore a very modest one piece that came up high on her chest and had low cut legs. Granny suit if ever there was one! I'm surprised it didn't have a skirt on it, but still, it was Jewels. She had wrapped her hair in a bun so it wouldn't be down in the water, which I found disappointing, but it did make sense from her point of view, I guess. I jokingly said we could even go skinny dipping with everyone else gone.

"Ha! Right!" she said, and then kind of under her breath said, "As if anyone would want to see my body."

Wow, was she wrong! I would! And so would any other male who had eyes in his head! But then, I told you, she didn't see her own beauty. Sure, she didn't have great big boobs that would put a guy's eyes out, but hers were very well suited for her frame. Besides, I like them on the smaller side! They don't get all saggy and droopy. Hers were pert and looked wonderfully holdable. Is that a word? It is now! I don't know any other way to describe them. I just wanted to hold them and caress them and try to think of all kinds of things to do to enjoy them! Of course, her suit was fully lined, so I didn't even get a hint of nipple, but still I enjoyed spending time with Jewels all alone like this.

We had a net set up sort of like a volleyball net in the water that we had fun hitting a ball back and forth across for a while. Of course, I tried to make her reach up out of the water as much as I could just to get a little bit of a look. Yes, of course everything was hidden, but I could imagine what was there. After a while we got out of the water and grabbed towels and began to dry off. She let her hair down to dry it. I thought that was the sexiest thing I had ever seen. She didn't put on her robe right away as she didn't want to get it all wet, so she stood there in her bathing suit and bent over with her hair hanging down and squeezed the water out of it. Her long legs were amazing, and watching her wring out her hair had me hardening in my trunks. I wanted to run my fingers through it for her. She saw me watching her wringing out her hair and said, "What are you looking at? Haven't you ever seen anyone dry her hair?"

"Of course I have, but no one with such beautiful long hair as yours!"

"You're silly," she said, and swung her head making her hair swing around and hit me with the wet ends. She then took a towel and somehow mysteriously bundled it all up on her head and tied it off like a large turban. Tilting her head back to capture it all it made her breasts stick out beautifully. Of course, I watched, but tried not to look like I was staring. I still got caught. She quickly grabbed her robe and put it on blushing.

We walked back up to the house together without talking much. I know I was just enjoying her company, and I hoped she was doing the same with me. I mentioned how she was self-conscious about her looks and her body, but I didn't mention how self-conscious I am, just about being me. Due to my health limitations I had not participated in a lot of group activities in school because they were mostly geared toward physical things. As a result I tended to be a little shy and reserved. I guess we were a pair In that respect.

I got changed into a pair of cut-off jeans and a tee shirt, but feeling daring for some reason didn't put on any underwear. It was one of those things that I can't explain. I guess it was the feeling of freedom with the parents being away and just plain feeling good. It really didn't have anything to do with Jewels, but in the long run was going to have an impact I couldn't have imagined. I came back into the house after putting all the gear away and hanging my wet stuff on the line to dry. When I went upstairs to my room I found Jewels' door ajar and saw her sitting on her bed brushing out her hair. She was fully dressed, but I thought her hair was the sexiest thing I had ever seen. Jewels saw me at the door and asked if I needed something. I said, "No. I was just going by and I saw you brushing your hair. It is beautiful! I wish I could brush it for you!"

"Really? You want to brush my hair?"

"I'd love it, "I said. I wasn't comfortable going into a girl's room, so I said, "Why don't we go down to the verandah and I'll brush it out for you." She got up from her bed and swung her hair around over her shoulder and came out. We walked down the stairs together and went to the verandah and sat down to brush her hair. It felt so silky and soft between my fingers I kept letting the brush alone and just ran my fingers through her hair from top to bottom, separating the strands and gently parting the tangles. Every once in a while I would massage her scalp a little bit with my fingertips, and would tickle her ears with the ends of her hair. She would giggle and squirm a little, but I could tell she enjoyed it. I had her hair about half brushed out when she asked, "Do you think it would be OK if we opened another bottle of wine? I really liked what we had for lunch."

"I think so," I said. "Wait right here and I'll get some." I got up and went back into the house and picked out another bottle, a Chardonnay this time. "Here, give this a try. It is a different kind."

She took a little sip and rolled it around on her tongue, savoring the flavor. "I like it. It's a little different, but I'm not a very experienced wine drinker." I settled back down behind her and started brushing her hair again. "You know, I ought to have you do this for me every day. This is really nice. You don't know what a pain it is to take care of long hair all the time."

"Oh, but it is so beautiful," I said. "I love the way it shimmers in the light, and the way it flows over your shoulders and down your back. I think every girl ought to let their hair grow!"

"Do you really like it?"

"I do! I think it is beautiful, and I love the way it frames your face. It really accents you."

Jewels dropped her head and looked down as she took another sip of her wine. "I feel so plain sometimes. I think that is why I let my hair grow. I need something to make me attractive." Her eyes started tearing, but did not spill over.

"I don't know what you are talking about! I think you are a beautiful girl, and I don't know a guy who doesn't think so!"

"You're exaggerating, but I thank you for saying so."

"No exaggeration!" With that we grew silent for a while as I continued brushing and stroking her hair. I just couldn't get enough of the softness as it caressed my fingers. I stroked her scalp and down her neck and across her shoulders causing goosebumps to pop out over her skin. Jewels finished her wine and started to say something as she set down her glass, but remained silent. I continued brushing enjoying the peace and quiet and being with the friend I had grown away from. I was recognizing now what I had missed. Again she took a breath as if to say something, but then stopped. I gathered her hair together from under her ears and back to the nape of her neck, dragging the tips of my fingernails across her skin. Again goosebumps appeared and I let her hair pass through my hands all the way down to the very end. She took a deep breath and asked,

"Can I ask you a personal question? Will you tell me the truth and not laugh at me?"

"Of course," I said. "I'll always be honest with you, and I won't laugh, I promise."

She dropped her face into her hands, and blushed. "This is so hard, and I don't know how to say it."

"It's OK. I'll not laugh at you."

She let out a little nervous laugh herself, and said, "That's really why I wanted the wine. I didn't think I'd have the courage otherwise." She looked up at me out of the corner of her eye, with her hair hiding most of her face. "Do you ever look at porn?"

To say I was surprised would be an understatement, but I wasn't really shocked. I hesitated a little bit and then said, "Yes, I do sometimes. I'm not proud of it, but most of us guys do."

"Why?" She looked up at me again over her shoulder. "What are you looking for?"

I had to stop and think. Why do I look at porn? What real reason for it was there? I couldn't really think of one that made sense. I know she sensed my hesitation, and she said, "You don't have to answer if you don't want to. I'm sorry I embarrassed you."

"It's not that, I just don't know what to say. I guess it comes down to fantasy. I know most of it isn't real, and most of the pictures are photoshopped to make them look better, but it is fantasy."

"Thank you," she said. "I know that was embarrassing, but I didn't know who to talk to. I can't ask my Dad!"

"It's OK. That's what friends are for."

"Last year one of the girls on my volleyball team brought one of her brother's magazines to practice and showed it to us in the locker room. I'd never seen anything like it before. All the girls were so good looking, and they had such big breasts, and I knew I'd never look anything like that." Jewels hung her head down and covered her face in her hands and sniffled. I could hardly hear her saying, "I knew I'd never look good enough for the guys to like me."

I got up from my chair and moved around in front of Jewels. I knelt down on the floor in front of her and took her hands from her face. She kept her head down and wouldn't look at me, so I took her chin in my hand and lifted her face to mine. "Jewels, you have no idea! You are a beautiful young lady who intimidates all the boys around because we don't think we stand a chance with you. Those pictures you saw aren't real! They have all been photoshopped to take out all blemishes, and the girls breasts are enhanced to get guy's attention. That isn't real! You are real!"

I took her by the hand and lifted her up. "May I show you something? Will you trust me?" I asked. She nodded slightly with her eyes still brimming with tears. I led her back into the house and up the stairs. We went up to her room. This time I didn't hesitate at the door. I was on a mission. We went to her closet where we could stand in front of a full length mirror. I stood behind her and said, "Stand up straight and look in the mirror. Tell me what you see."

Callicious
Callicious
1,841 Followers