Judaism & Christianity

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
wistfall1
wistfall1
135 Followers

The former "Saturday Night Live" star and now Tea Party activist sparked national furor when she [criticized "Glee" for showing a same-sex kiss—was a link] in a column for WorldNetDaily. In the column, Jackson wrote in response to an emotional, long awaited kiss between Kurt (Chris Colfer) and Blaine (Darren Criss). "Did you see "Glee" this week? Sickening! And, besides shoving the gay thing down our throats, they made a mockery of Christians - again! I wonder what their agenda is? Hey, producers of "Glee" - what's your agenda? One-way tolerance?" She later appeared on "Showbiz Tonight" to clarify her thoughts. "Well, it doesn't matter what I think," Jackson said."What matters is what the Bible says. [Bold mine.]And I'm really concerned about our country because immorality is, well, let's see: secular humanism rules the airwaves, and it's stealing the innocence away from this whole generation of children. My daughter is a teenager and I can't find any show that she can watch." With that diatribe, Jackson was asked, based on her remarks, both in the column and in the interview, whether she was homophobic. "That's a cute little buzzword of the liberal agenda," Jackson smirked."Basically, the Bible says that homosexuality is a sin." [Bold mine.]

A Mississippi state lawmaker quoted a Bible passage on]Facebookcalling for gay men to be"put to death" [Bold and underline mine.]has taken to the social networking site again to refuse to apologize for the remark.

Rep. Andy Gipson (R-Braxton) Friday to say that although he has been receiving emails and calls [with regard to his statement],he will not say he's sorry. [Bold mine.]The emails have come in response to a petition calling on the lawmaker to issue an apology and to meet with LGBT groups in Mississippi.

"To be clear, I want the world to know that I do not, cannot, and will not apologize for the inspired truth of God's Word. It is one thing that will never 'change,'" [Bold mine]Gipson wrote. "Anyone who knows me knows I also believe that all people are created in God's image, and that all people are loved by God, so much so that He gave us the truth of His Word which convicts us of the reality and guilt of our sin, and He gave us His Son Jesus who paid the full penalty for all our sins, by His grace through our faith in Him as we repent of our sin. It is this message that I preach every Sunday. I sincerely pray God will reach someone through this message."

Gipson is a Baptist minister [Bold mine.]anda business lawyer [Bold mine.]when not serving in the Legislature. He notes... that his family are "of the Christian faith, and areaffiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention." [Bold mine.]

The passage from Leviticus that Gipson first cited reads: "If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads."

On Facebook at least, Gipson has received overwhelming support for his original comments and his refusal to apologize. Eighty-three people have "liked" his post, and he's received dozens of supportive comments, including praise for supporting God and sticking to his original message.

"I stand with you my friend. ... GOD is in control ... no place for Gays," Ted W. Cole.

Gipson, 35, has served in the Mississippi Legislature since 2008. He chairs a judiciary committee. [Bold mine.]

* * * *

Looks like there are still many that have not changed.

Even worse is that those running for public office, as well as those already in public office, are pushing to make the nation adhere to their beliefs even though their beliefs have been exposed as false—untrue, factitious stories woven around pieces of known history like a modern day historical novel.

What they reserve for themselves they try to deny to all others if there is any deviation from what they think should be applicable to everyone: namely, marriage unless it is one man to one woman.

For certain, this is not biblical. According to the bible, Jacob, the father of the so-called twelve tribes of Israel, had two wives (sisters Rachel and Leah), and also two concubines who gave Jacob over half of his sons.

Jesus was never said to say that this couldn't be; he simply said a man could not put away his wife as in the Law of Moses. However, what words did Jesus really speak, and what words were put in his mouth by the many fictitious writers of the books in the bible? Close study, using facts alone, bring it all into great suspicion.

Final words

As stated early on, this is intended for those in need of knowing that the bible is not correct and error free—to the contrary, it is error filled.

So why can't everyone see that it is error filled? Aside from those with vested interests in keeping the status quo, the bible is literally a mishmash of books that don't really make sense when considered as a whole. It has taken years of research, beginning very mildly in the 1800s, but picking up speed in the last decade or two.

Another problem is the voluminous amount of what the character, Liv (in my story, The Devil's Gateway) called "Me-too" books that overfill the book shelves. Good objective books seeking only to reveal the real facts as made available by textual criticism, archeology, and known history are not overly and popularly known, but they are making headway.

That Hollywood continues to make movies that appeal to Christians doesn't help the truth to be known and accepted.

If Abraham and Jacob were real people, they weren't as the Old Testament portrays them, and neither was Moses. There was no Exodus (of two and a half million or more people that they don't tell you about), and there was no parting of the Red Sea.

Bones have been found in deserts and bogs, and in Arctic sediments, but there is nothing to indicate that over a million and a half Jews perished in the limited wilderness in which they are said to have wandered, nor that of any of their animals that had to have died in the forty-one plus years they were said to have wandered. Yes, forty-one plus for the bible says they were there for over a year before the forty year injunction was unleashed on them.

David is a historical fable—a real person, and a king perhaps, but not the person he is depicted as being. In fact, there are more errors that I don't have the time to write and give proofs on lest it take up volumes.

Look at all of what I have written thus far, and check out what I have said. I don't mind being checked out as those with those vested interests mind.

If you have been made to feel guilty, ashamed of being as you know within you that you are as opposed to how you've been culturally led to believe you should be, then learn the "truth of the lies" as the character Liv has said. Do not allow yourself to be humiliated by their lies, and find the peace and love we all can have, but unencumbered by cultural norms that are in error, by societal genes that are virtual and far too prevalent.

Peace and love to you.

PS: I'm slow to put out these works, but perhaps I'll be able to put out another work on The Golden Age of Books as Liv spoke about (in The Devil's Gateway); books that are easy to read, objective, and reveal how the bible was made sense of, and where and why it is wrong, man-made, and totally a fictitious work that can be classified as a historical novel—a little bit of historical fact(s) wrapped around by a collage of tales.

w

wistfall1
wistfall1
135 Followers
  • COMMENTS
3 Comments
JohnmakanJohnmakan8 months ago

I still don't understand why this is on a erotic stories site?

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago

The Bible is mostly fiction, a mishmash of myths, fairy-tales, legends and propaganda written for the purpose of causing a disparate group of tribes to believe that they were related so that they would form a nation - they were surrounded by nations and being the small fish in the pond meant that they would soon be gobbled up.

The historian Josephus, who never missed a chance to say anything bad about Herod, does not mention the killing of all boys two and under in an area not more than twenty miles from Jerusalem at his order. Really?

Another great story of the early Catholic Church, research the "Donation of Constantine" a purported will written by the Roman emperor Constantine giving the western Roman Empire to the Catholic Church.

Never mind that it was written at the level of a not particularly good fourth grader - pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

mel_pomenemel_pomeneover 9 years ago
An extremely interesting, if somewhat ectopic post

You have clearly put a great deal into this work and it is one that will need to be carefully read several times before deciding whether or not a comment is appropriate.

I have taken the liberty of printing the entire piece for study at length over the Christmas break and I look forward to reading it in depth.

Thank you for all the hard work and research you have put into this major post, and I would like to offer you my good wishes for whatever you celebrate at this time of year.

If I may, I would like to write to you personally rather than in an open page; would that be satisfactory?

Mel_pomene

Share this Story

Similar Stories

An Avoidable Seduction of My Girl A passive boyfriend learns a lot on one fateful night.in Erotic Couplings
Persephone Trying the new 'Tinder for Rapists' App.in NonConsent/Reluctance
An Ex-Con and a Lady He thinks a happy ending is a successful suicide. He's wrong.in Romance
Devils in The Pulpits Do they know they're lying, or are they just ignorant?in Reviews & Essays
Facts About Our Existence Some little know things to help your understanding of life.in Reviews & Essays
More Stories