Jukebox Hero

Story Info
Kay tries out a new rhythm game for her boss.
2.2k words
4.39
47.8k
38
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JukeboxEMCSA
JukeboxEMCSA
3,721 Followers

Kay wound her way back through the clusters of pinball machines, ticket dispensers, video game cabinets, prize counters, co-workers, straggling customers trying to finish one last game before they closed the gates for the night, noise, lights, and general chaos, and made her way slowly to the back office. She opened the door just a crack, and knocked. "David said you wanted to see me?" she asked.

"Yeah, come on in," responded the voice on the other side of the door. Kay walked in, gave her boss a big smile, and immediately stopped to look at the new machine he'd gotten in today. He jabbed a stub of a cigar at it. "So, whaddya think?"

Kay looked at the machine for a few minutes. The cabinet was massive, and it had a touch-sensitive pad on the floor hooked into it. It looked something like a 'Dance Dance Revolution' machine, but someone had repurposed it, adding a large metal framework around the dance pad that formed a sort of cage-like dome. Across the top, a logo read, 'Jukebox Hero'.

She looked back at her boss. Mister Keeler looked like the kind of guy they warned neighborhoods about, a paunchy mid-40s man with greasy hair, greying stubble, and a seemingly-omnipresent smell of cigar smoke, but like all the employees at Keeler's Kastle, she knew his bark was worse than his bite. "It'll probably do well," she said. "Most of the dancing games do. Might take a while to take off, though, unless there's something that makes this one special."

Mister Keeler grinned, revealing a mouthful of yellowing smoker's teeth. "This is the latest thing, Kay. Once people play this, they won't even want to bother with that 'Dance Dance' crap. We'll have 'em lining up around the block. That's why I brought you back here. I know you love the dancing games, figured you might want the chance to try it out before I put it out on the floor."

Kay gave a little shrug. "Sure. Where are we putting it?"

"In the party room. I'm figuring, we rework the party room into the 'Jukebox Hero Room', charge admission to watch people play the game, and we'll section off an area of the arcade for the parties. Most of the kids don't like being cooped up in there anyway." He took a drag on his cigar. Kay had never actually seen him start one or finish one. They just seemed to be perpetually half-smoked. "Hang on, let me put some credits in there." He got up, unlocked the coin slot, and pressed a tiny lever inside the machine several times.

"Charge admission?" Kay stepped onto the dance pad. "I don't know if you can get people to pay to watch..." Suddenly, the framework lit up. At the same time, Kay's entire body was haloed in a soft glow of light.

"Trust me, kiddo," Keeler said, "this is the state of the art. It's not like that DDR thing, where it just measures where you're stepping, or whatsitsname, the one that you waved your hands around...Beatmania, something like that?"

"No," said Kay, moving her arm slightly and watching as the halo of light followed it perfectly, "Beatmania was the one with the record turntable. You're thinking of-"

"S'not important," Keeler said, waving his hand dismissively. "The point is, this thing has sensors all over, tracks every part of your body. Then it, I dunno, 'paints' that light shape in the air. Right now, it just kinda follows what you do, but when you're playing, you have to try to match the way it moves. So you really do a whole dance, not just moving your arms or legs. Trust me, it's gonna look awesome."

Kay nodded slowly, as she considered the notion. She looked at the screen, and tapped the small control pad to scroll through the list of songs. "Only fifty songs?" she said. "That's kind of small for a game nowadays. Most of the machines out there have way more than that."

"It's all linked to the Internet," her boss replied. "The manufacturers can keep adding songs, and the machine will just patch 'em right in."

Kay raised an eyebrow. "Some of these aren't even dance songs. 'Shameless'? That's the kind of thing you slow-dance to at weddings." She scrolled a bit further. "'Winter Wonderland'? What's that even doing in there?"

Keeler shrugged. "I dunno, just pick one and give it a shot, OK? I wanna see if this thing works."

Kay selected 'Tainted Love'. It seemed like a good starter-not too fast, but not too slow, either. The game brought up a screen with a wire-frame model of her, positioned just like she was. The wire-frame model turned its head to face her for a moment, revealing a simplified version of her own face. It winked at her. 'Do What I Do!' flashed up on the screen, as its lips moved, and it turned back to mimic Kay's position again. It raised its right arm. Kay started to raise her own-at first, she raised it a little too quickly, and she noticed her hand pulling ahead of the halo of light. The screen flashed red, and Kay felt a dizzying sensation pass through her body, almost nauseating. She slowed her movement down to match the light more closely. When her position matched the model again, encased in the halo of light again, the screen flashed green. 'Very good!' Kay felt almost absurdly happy. 'Now It's Time To Dance!'

The music started, and the wire-frame model gyrated in tune to the rhythms in a very 80s-inspired dance. Kay had a bit of trouble dancing like her parents at first, and she got several of the unpleasant red flashes as she tried to keep her body inside the halo of light. But by the time Soft Cell sang, "Baby, baby, baby, where did our love go?", she had gotten the hang of it, and was getting green flash after green flash. Each green flash seemed to send pleasant thrills through her entire body, and when the song ended, she realized with a start that she'd almost totally forgotten that her boss was in the room with her. "Wow," she said. "That was pretty cool. I think something's wrong with the screen, though. Something to do with the...I dunno, the brightness or something. It flashes really bright when you make a mistake."

Mister Keeler guffawed. "Guess you better get good at it, then!" Kay had to chuckle at that. "Go ahead, try another one."

Kay scrolled through the list, looking for a faster song. She grinned wickedly at one of the choices, highlighting 'Whip It' and hitting 'Select'. The beat started, and she stomped along to the music, giggling as the wire-frame model implored her to make a mock-whipping motion along with the chorus. The spins were tricky, as she had to take her eyes off of the model that was providing her with the cues to her motion, but after a minute or so, she didn't even think about it. She got many more of the soothing green flashes on this song.

For the next song, she picked something a little slower-'Simply Irresistible', by Robert Palmer. She'd seen the video a few times on VH1, and she had to laugh when the wire-frame model (and by extension, Kay herself) mimicked the bumping, grinding hip-sways of the swimsuited women. "She's unavoidable, my back's against the wall," bump, sway, green flash, "she gives me feelings that I've never felt before," grind, sway, green flash, and Kay couldn't help but love the way that she was chaining together the green flashes. She kind of noticed around then that there was no scoring mechanism, like in the other games, but really, this game didn't need it. The red-and-green flash system provided immediate feedback as to your performance. You knew you were doing well when you got the green flashes, you knew you had to avoid getting the red flashes. She wondered why all these games weren't that simple.

She immediately picked another song, and it seemed like even the menu flashed green when she picked 'My Sharona.' This dance was even sexier than the last, the halo of light directed her hands to stroke their way down her hips as she ground them seductively in tune to the music, and something made her wonder for a second if she should really be dancing like this right in front of her boss, but by now she was getting so many green flashes that she really didn't even feel like she was moving her own body anymore. It felt like she was perfectly in tune with the machine now, and the screen felt like one big green flash as she moved in perfect synch with the halo of light that coated her.

The halo of light directed her hand to the next song, now, and she felt another pure green flash as she picked 'I Touch Myself'. The music started, and she swayed to the rhythm as she heard, "I love myself, I want you to love me, when I'm feeling down, I want you above me..." The wire-frame Kay reached down to its waist, and suddenly it seemed to have a lot better resolution as it pulled a perfect replica of Kay's shirt over its head. The light moved her hand down to her hips, and...

...and no, she couldn't, not in front of her boss, but the screen flashed red as the light moved back up, and Kay tried to move her hands up without taking her top off, and the screen flashed red again, and she felt waves of vertigo pass through her, and the song seemed to slow down as she tried to hold her hands in place and the screen flashed red, and she shuddered, and red, and she whimpered, and red, and she tried so hard to look away, and red, and she couldn't, and red, and red, and red, and red...

And she was pulling her shirt off, and she was back in the green light, and Kay couldn't even remember why she'd been fighting this. As the machine sang out, "I don't want anybody else, when I think about you I touch myself," Kay shimmied her hips out of her pants, just like the light told her to, and she couldn't remember exactly what it was that made her try to get the red light to flash instead of the green. The red light was bad, she knew that. What had made her think otherwise? She pulled off her bra and panties, twirling them briefly in her hand before flinging them up against the metal lattice, understanding now that she'd do anything now to keep the light green, because the green light felt so good.

Wire-frame Kay already understood just how good it felt, a few seconds ahead of real Kay, because as the Divinyls sang, "...a fool could see how much I adore you, I'd get down on my knees, I'd do anything for you," it was already sinking down onto its knees, spreading its legs, putting a hand down to its twat and spreading its labia. The light made her copy its motions perfectly, and she felt so good, now, touching herself and feeling the green light caressing her mind as the white light caressed her body, and the song seemed to be just for her, singing, "I don't want anybody else, when I think about you, I touch myself..." And the green flashes sped up, and sped up, and Kay felt her whole body shake as her orgasm gripped her, and wire-frame Kay was cumming too, and as the song ended, the screen flashed green one last, unbelievably bright time as the words, 'PERFECT SCORE!' burned their way into her brain...

*****

Kay sort of shook her head a little. "Um..." She felt exhausted. This game clearly required a bit more stamina than DDR. "Yeah, that was..." She tried to sum up her exact thoughts on the game. She tried to remember her exact experience playing the game. She saw a green flash of light behind her eyes, and stopped trying to remember. The details weren't important. It was just... "...fun. Really, um, fun."

Mister Keeler winked at her. "I tell ya what," he said. "You can play it again any time you want during arcade hours, so long as there's not a line. I think that having someone really...fit, healthy, y'know...someone like you playing the game, that'll really pack 'em in."

Kay smiled brightly. "You mean it?"

"Sure, kiddo, why not?"

Kay practically jumped for joy. Keeler's Kastle had just gone from being 'fun job' to 'dream job'. Playing a rhythm game all day long and getting paid for it? "Sweet!" she said. "Thanks, Mister Keeler! I'll see you tomorrow, bright and early!" She headed for the door.

"Kiddo, ain't you forgetting something?" Kay stopped, puzzled. "Your clothes."

"Oh, right," she said sheepishly, starting to gather her scattered clothing up off the floor. Mister Keeler just watched as she bent over, and he didn't even seem to mind that she was flashing her pussy at him. Really, though, he was just the best boss ever. The best guy ever, period.

Kay wondered if he was seeing anyone right now.

THE END

JukeboxEMCSA
JukeboxEMCSA
3,721 Followers