Just Business

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She stood and kissed my lips, just grazing them, a tender lovers kiss. I sighed and lay back.

"I'm going to tell them I can't mediate on this contract, for personal reasons, they'll send Geoff back. Please don't make mincemeat of him, he's actually quite good at what he does."

I looked her in the eyes.

"Will I see you again?" I asked.

She smiled and tears sprang to her face,

"No this was a one off, for old times sake. I have a fiance and we have plans, I'm so sorry."

She seemed genuinely upset, I sat and held my arms out. Sitting on the bed, she twisted into my arms. I held her for an eternity until she moved, sniffing to find a tissue.

"I have to go Peter, I need to call the office, I'll make something up about the discussions, how will you cover?"

"I'll say we talked at length, but no dice. Then I'll tell them I know you outside of work and ask to be removed from the team."

"What will happen then?"

"Geoff will come running back and try his best to beat you down, but I'm guessing he'll lose."

"Probably, look I feel really bad about this, why don't I call the boss and remove myself from the negotiations?"

"Because if we give on this, it will add weight to my proposal."

"What proposal?"

"That after the contract is running we poach you onto the team."

"Really after this, you'd do that?"

"Of course, I could groom you to take over when I bale out."

"Uncle Peter, I can't let you do this, please let me walk away from the contract?"

"No Pam, you deserve this, let me get the ball rolling, off you go."

She stood, kissed me and left. I gave her five minutes then picked up the phone. I dialed the Chairman on the private line.

"Peter, what's going on?" he bellowed.

I sighed and asked if he was on speakerphone, although I guessed he was from the humm and static I could hear, he acknowledged he was.

"She seduced me as we expected, I've told her I'll walk away from the negotiations and leave Geoff in charge. She thinks he's going to be a pushover."

"You cocky bastard, right again, well that's why you get top money I suppose. Did you roll the sweetener past her?"

"Yes, she bought it wholesale, thinks after this is over we'll take her onboard and groom her as my successor."

"So you fucked her over twice, you lucky son of a bitch."

"Yep got her twice, well I'll shower and get back to the office, you going to phone their man now?"

"Yes, we're all set, the hotel staff are all sorted, we'll blow this wide open and she'll be out on her ear in hours. Happy now?"

"Very, the bastard she's engaged to runs the firm whose truck killed Jane, and caused their driver to suicide. I feel much fucking better now."

"Two birds Peter, two birds..."

"Thanks Mr Chairman, thanks very much."

"Your plan worked better than expected I think."

"Yes it did, I'm grateful."

"Peter, take a holiday, stay away for a while, at least til we get this contract tied up. Give yourself three weeks. Australia's good at this time of year, not too hot or too cold, go enjoy."

"Thanks Mr Chairman and to the other Board Members, see you in three weeks."

I showered and dressed, vacating by the fire escape, the last thing I wanted was to run into good old Pam again. We'd been intrigued by the number of contracts her company seemed to be getting and the terms. Our competitors were very tight lipped, but a few drinks, meals and notes and coins changing hands, saw us figure out their tactics.

Basically Pam would be used as a negotiator who would move on the main man, getting him to make the changes they wanted, or bowing out so a more malliable person headed discussions. They had been very successful. We knew we would eventually need to do business, and made plans accordingly. I didn't recognise her surname, seems she had a professional name she used in the negotiations. The fact she recognised me and me her just made it all the sweeter.

I had long had plans for the bastard son of a bitch that ran the haulage company whose truck killed my wife. The coincidence was too good an opportunity to miss. I reasoned that he probably didn't know about her negotiating techniques, but I guess now he would. One of the points of the new negotiations would be her dismissal and an unfortunately misdirected letter sent to their home in his name.

I slipped out to my car, only to see her sat on the bonnet, a carefree smile on her face.

"So uncle Peter, you shafted me good. Just spent ten minutes getting my metaphorical bollocks chewed by my chairman, after he'd talked to yours."

"Well Pam, my love, now you know how devious I can be. By the way, are you still working for them?" I grinned.

"No I fucking am not, as you well know. I was told to fall on my sword or be dismissed. One gets me a reference the other fuck all. So I resigned on the spot, happy."

"Nearly, there's another twist to come, then I'll be happy."

"what are you talking about?"

"You knew it was your old mans company that killed Jane, but you said nothing. Never came to the funeral, no card or flowers"

"We'd only just met, I didn't want to spoil the moment. Oh I am truly sorry for Aunt Jane, but we'd had no contact for so long."

"So you just dismissed it? Even when Scott Watkins took his own life, no feelings."

"Never met him, not my problem."

"You callous bitch, he killed himself over the accident, two lives lost and you did nothing."

"Not my company, not my problem. Josh assures me the trucks were all in order. Terrible misjudgment by the driver, sadly Aunt Jane in the wrong place at the wrong time."

"Get off my car you callous bitch and if I ever see you again, it will be too soon."

"Ahh but we have a history now, we're connected."

"I fucked you for revenge, and I got to say it wasn't what I expected. But yes it was nice, but that's it. I fucked you, you fucked me, end of story."

She stood and backed away, I pressed the key fob and heard the locks release. Opening the boot I threw my coat and bag in, slamming it shut, I went to the drivers door and slid in.

"I'd go home if I were you, it's clouding over we may get some rain, see you."

With that I he roared away leaving her alone in the car park. Head down, stock still until she screamed with all her might, I heard that.

12