Just Good Friends

Story Info
Two friends become closer.
4.1k words
4.4
57k
48
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is my first short story, constructive criticism is welcome.

***

It was a gorgeous day. The sun was out, and a steady breeze blew inland off the ocean, cooling the red backs of sun bathing tourists. I had taken the doors off my Jeep, hoping a drive along the beach road would clear my head.

My girlfriend Erin and I had broken up the previous night after another one of our fights. This one felt different though, as if the wind that was blowing in was bringing change. I felt completely drained and tense. Not only had Erin and I been fighting, but we had not had sex for weeks, and the sexual buildup was almost making me sore. No amount of jerking off to moaning pornstars came close to the great sex that I had with Erin. Either way, my life had been once again been torn apart and I needed a rebound. As I pulled into a beach parking lot, my prayers were answered.

My phone rang from under a pile of junk on my passenger seat. Swearing at it, I searched for the phone, only to find an unlisted number calling me. Ready to yell at some sales guy, I swiped the screen and held the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I said, waiting for a sales pitch.

"Hey Scott, it's Kaitlin." Her voice wavered, as if she had been crying.

Kaitlin was an old friend of mine. She had lived a few houses down from me when we were children and we were almost inseparable as kids. As teenagers, her father had received a business offer that took them out of state. We still talked occasionally, but had lost contact as life grew more hurried. Just hearing the sound of her voice cheered me up.

"Hey Kaitlin! God, it's been forever. How have you been?"

"Yeah I know, I lost my phone and all my contacts. I've been trying to get in touch with you but you didn't answer and I gave up until now."

"Well shit, if I had known it was you calling I would have picked up."

"Don't worry about it. I need your help." She was getting short with me, and her voice wavered even more. Something was wrong.

"What's the matter? Where ar¬¬-"

"That's what I'm calling you about. I'm back in town. I can't afford to pay my bills; my power has been shut off and I may be evicted."

Kaitlin had made it clear to me in the past that she no longer talked with any of her family. Moving back here must have meant she left all her contacts back home, and she was clearly lost.

"What can I do?" I asked.

"Can you pick me up? I only have a couple of bags, I just need a place to stay until I get back on my feet." Her voice broke and she stopped talking.

"Text me your address, I'll be over there as fast as I can."

"Thank you" Came a weak reply.

"Katie?" I asked.

"Yes?"

"Thank you for thinking of me when it mattered."

I heard her sigh into the phone, "Thank you for being there for me Scott."

______________________________________________________________________________

I pulled up to Kaitlin's house just as the sun was beginning to set. The house was an off yellow, paled by the sun, with weather beaten decking wrapping around two levels, joining to form a staircase that lead to the street. It was a nice place, exactly the kind of house I would expect Kaitlin to have. Kaitlin was already out on the stairs, sitting with her bags, and came running down to meet me as I steered the Jeep into her driveway.

"Thank you so much!" She said, barely giving me time to get out of the Jeep before barreling into me to give me a hug.

"It's nothing." I replied, wrapping my arms around her, recognizing the smell of the citrus perfume she always wore. "Let's get going before it gets dark. We can talk on the way to my place."

"I don't have much." Kaitlin said, breaking the hug and looking up to me. "But, can we stop at the store on the way to your house? I'll buy you some whiskey."

I looked up and grinned at the mention of our favorite past time as I threw her last bag into the Jeep. "Yeah, that sounds great."

______________________________________________________________________________

Kaitlin sat on a bar stool, spinning herself side to side as I cleaned dinner dishes in the kitchen. We hadn't been together in so long that I was worried that there would be awkward conversation, but it was like she had never left. I wanted to know everything that had happened to her, and she told me.

She and her parents had a falling out after she had decided to drop out of medical school to become a teacher, and had moved back to the area in search of cheaper living and work. After talking about getting her a job, Kaitlin moved the focus of the conversation to me.

I vented, telling Kaitlin about my off-and-on relationship with Erin, and sexual frustrations that came with it.

Kaitlin was a fantastic listener, staying quiet and only speaking to lighten the mood or add insight to the conversation. She agreed Erin was in the wrong, which lightened my mood considerably. During the conversation, Kaitlin kept shooting me looks, especially when I mentioned my sex life. Something had changed between us and I wasn't sure what. She was a different person, not exactly the old Kaitlin.

"I'm going to pour us some drinks," Kaitlin called, reaching into the cupboard where I kept my whiskey, "You okay with that, Mr. Chef?" She teased, pointing at my apron.

"Fuck you." I called back, drying my hands and taking off my apron, before sliding onto the sofa in the living room.

Kaitlin came into the room, placing the tumblers on the glass coffee table and filling them to the brim. "Cheers," She said, flopping down onto the couch opposite me, "Here's to Scott, for being a fantastic human being."

I raised my tumbler, and drank to myself, smiling inwardly.

As Kaitlin leaned forward to pour herself some more to drink, I thought about what was making her seem so different. Maybe it was the way she was dressed. Kaitlin was model-type pretty. She was about 5'9", with long, straight brown hair, freckles everywhere and a body that models would kill for. She only had on a T-shirt with a bikini bottom. No bra, no surfer shorts, nothing else on at all. Not that we had ever cared to watch what we wore as kids, we never had thought about each other as more than brother/sister type friends.

But now, watching Kaitlin lean over to fix herself a drink, I found myself thinking of her sexually. Maybe it was Mr. Daniels kicking in, or my breakup with Erin. I couldn't help noticing the way her nipples stuck out against her shirt. The way her thighs clenched as she downed a drink, a gracefulness that hadn't been there when we were teenagers.

"So we're both on a dry spell, huh?"

"Dry as the desert." I fished out the T.V. remote from between the pillows, flicking it on.

Kaitlin laughed as two people flickered onto the screen, kissing passionately. "At least they're getting some, she chuckled. Stretching her arms backward and curling up into a ball on the couch to get a better look at the T.V.

I laughed, catching a glimpse of her ass as she curled up, wondering if she had always been this good looking.

Things went quiet as we settled in for the movie, forgetting about the drinks. Soon, Kaitlin was fast asleep, leaving me to carry her into my bedroom before falling back onto the couch with a blanket, to lay awake, thinking of my old friend.

______________________________________________________________________________

Morning came with sun blaring through the open windows. I woke up to the smell of coffee, and eggs, rubbing my eyes and looking up to Kaitlin in the kitchen, wearing my apron over her clothes from last night, cooking breakfast. Tasting, the whiskey from last night, I rolled off the couch and stumbled into the kitchen, Kaitlin noticing that I was awake.

"'Morning. Thank you for moving me to your bed, Scott. I would have slept on the couch."

"Nah, you're my guest." I mumbled, still trying to stretch out the kinks that the couch had given me.

Kaitlin looked at me sympathetically, "Why don't we just share your bed?"

"Ungh" I mumbled, still half asleep and not sure how to reply to her offer.

She laughed at my reply, turning back to the eggs. "Get yourself some coffee, it'll help. I want to go to the beach with you."

After a fast shower, I was already feeling much better. Not bothering to put on a shirt, I threw some beach suitable shorts on, and met Kaitlin in the hallway leading to the front door.

"I'm gonna change too!" Kaitlin whipped past me into my room, already pulling off her shirt.

My dick moved at the sight of her bare back before she closed the door. Wishing I had jerked one off in the shower, I sat down to my coffee and breakfast as I waited.

Moments later, the door swung back open, and Kaitlin came out in a semi-transparent yellow sun dress, with a black bikini underneath. She walked gracefully into the kitchen, her long tan legs showing from under the dress. After pouring herself another cup of coffee, Kaitlin flew out the door, "Meet you in the Jeep!" I heard as the door slammed.

Maybe the Kaitlin from when we were kids was still there.

______________________________________________________________________________

The day was just as pretty as yesterday, giving me an excuse not to have to put the doors and top back on the Jeep just yet. We made the drive to the beach listening to our favorite bands and talking.

As I was driving, I couldn't help but notice Kaitlin's body. She glowed in the see through dress. She had a beautifully slim body, with curves that offset her slimness perfectly. It was a natural beauty that very few people had. Just as I was about to look away, she turned towards me to say something, only to catch me looking. I blushed. I couldn't help it. She was beautiful. I glanced over again, only to see her smiling out the window.

______________________________________________________________________________

As we walked on the beach in silence, Kaitlin reached out and hooked arms with me. "So how long has it been since you last had sex?"

I nearly froze in my tracks. How mad was she? "What kind of question is that?" I asked her.

"Oh come on! If you tell me, I'll tell you how long it's been for me."

"Alright, it's been about 4 months since Erin and I last had sex."

We walked along in silence for a while. Kaitlin stared into the distance, seemingly lost in thought. Snapping back into reality, Kaitlin kicked the sand. "It's been 7 months for me."

My jaw nearly dropped. "It's been 7 months? You could get anyone you wanted here! Why has it been so long?"

Kaitlin kicked the sand again. "I dunno, it's just not felt right with anyone. After I broke up with Embry, I realized how mistreated I was. I need someone who actually cares for me, not meaningless sex."

"I think you're on to something." I said, linking our arms closer together, turning us back towards the Jeep.

______________________________________________________________________________

Later that evening, we sat around the kitchen table, looking through the paper to find Kaitlin a job. We had been to several stores after our walk, but no one was hiring.

"Hold on Scott, my phone is ringing." Kaitlin dashed for her phone in the bedroom, answering it breathlessly. "Hello?" I heard her answer, walking out of my hearing.

Several minutes went by, without Kaitlin coming out of the bedroom. Getting worried and feeling slightly curious, I got up from the table and crept toward the bedroom door. As I got near, I heard her crying. I rounded the corner, to find her sitting on the edge of the bed crying.

"Hi." I said, unsure of what to do.

Kaitlin looked up, tears streaming down her face. Heart. Broken.

"It's official, Scott." She sobbed, "I'm being evicted next week. I don't have a job, and now I'm losing my house."

I walked over to her, and sat down on the edge of the bed next to her.

"How far behind on payments are you?" I asked her softly.

"I'm about three months behind." She said, hiccuping.

The solution was simple. Kaitlin wouldn't like it, but it was the only way. "I'll pay for it and you can move in with me." I said firmly, wrapping my arm around her.

"Scott!" Kaitlin was shocked. "How would you have the money for that?"

"I did some freelance design work for a big client over the winter. I've got more than enough to cover your rent."

Kaitlin began to cry again, this time into my shoulder. I let her cry for a while, then led her into the living room and sat her down on the couch. "I'll get you something to drink." I told her, walking into the kitchen.

"Wait. I want to change." Kaitlin muttered, wiping her eyes and walking back into the bedroom.

I set down the beers I had grabbed and slouched lengthwise on the couch. As I was opening a bottle, Kaitlin walked back in wearing a long T-shirt, her nipples pressing against her shirt, telling me she wasn't wearing a bra again. "Want a beer?" I asked, popping open another bottle, slightly bummed I couldn't see what bottoms she was wearing.

"That'd be good." Kaitlin walked toward me and grabbed the beer out of my hand. But instead of sitting down on the couch across from me, she did something I never would have expected. She sat down on my lap, leaning her back against my chest.

The smell of her hair was intoxicating. Kaitlin's weight and warmth against me was comforting. I set my beer down and rubbed her shoulder, kneading her shoulders and massaging her back. Kaitlin moaned in relief, bringing me to full mast faster then I every thought possible. I could feel my boner pressed against her crotch as she sat on my lap. Panicked, I didn't stop massaging, hoping for an okay reaction.

But she didn't move. Kaitlin relaxed back into my hands even more, moaning again. "Since when were you good at massages?" She took a sip of her beer. Still not acknowledging my boner. "You're way to good at this."

"I used to give Erin one when she was stressed out." I replied meekly.

"Is that all you gave her?" I could have sworn she pushed her ass down on my boner then.

"Kaitlin! I'm sorry it's just -"

"It's okay Scott, I'm teasing!" She said, sliding down my leg to place her empty beer bottle on the coffee table. "I'm gonna get to bed. Care to join me?"

I didn't know I could get any harder. "Let me finish my beer."

Kaitlin left the room, and I turned my attention to my boner. "Nothing is going to happen. We were just friends before and that's all we are now." I muttered to my self.

Then I noticed my leg. It was wet. Kaitlin must not have had panties on! Not only that, but I made her wet while she was on my lap!

"Are you coming?" Kaitlin walked back into the room, this time wearing sweatpants.

"Yeah, let me grab my pillow." I replied, trying to hide my disappointment in her change in outfit.

That night, I slept much better than the night before. Being in bed with one of the prettiest girls I knew was amazing. I couldn't tell if it was because I was in bed with my best friend, or if it was just me being tired, but I was aware of everything that happened that night. I felt every movement Kaitlin made. Every accidental bump made me regain my erection.

All I could imagine was Kaitlin naked next to me, her warmth pressing against me. Just the thought gave me a raging boner.

______________________________________________________________________________

The next morning I woke up to Kaitlin getting out of bed. I shifted deeper into the warm covers, as she lifted the blankets, letting a blast of cold air hit my feet. I watched as Kaitlin yawned and stretched, arching her back in the sexiest way possible. She left my line of sight, but the sound of water running told me she was getting into the shower. Soon, I was back asleep.

I was woken up again to the smell of citrus shampoo. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes to find Kaitlin sitting on the foot of the bed in a towel, stroking her wet hair. "Hey sleepy. How about you get your ass out of bed so I can change?"

Throwing my pillow at her, I got out of bed, stumbling into the bathroom and closing the door. "Did last night really happen?" I asked my reflection in the mirror.

20 minutes later, we were both showered and in the kitchen eating a cereal breakfast. This time I had made sure to release the pent up energy from the night before. It barely took effort to relieve my already throbbing dick in the shower. Feeling slightly ashamed of myself, I found it hard to start up conversation over the breakfast.

"So do you want to get some more groceries and booze?" Kaitlin asked, finally breaking the silence.

"Yeah, it's supposed to rain for a few days, so today would be a good day to do it. We can ask if the store is hiring while we're there." I said, grabbing my car keys. "I'm going to go get the Jeep ready."

Getting the Jeep's doors and top on was a relatively mindless task, and it allowed me to think of what had happened last night. Kaitlin had made the approach, not me. Not only that, but she was wet when she sat on me! How did we go from being good friends to something more so quickly? Was it us being lonely and lustful? Or did we truly care for each other more than we had realized?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"Wow, that's a lot of booze" Kaitlin commented, as we loaded up the conveyor belt at the store.

"You never know when you're going to need it." I grinned playfully, glad our awkwardness from this morning was gone, as I handed the cashier my card. The cashier, an older, gray-haired woman smiled at me as she swiped the card.

"Are you two a couple?" The cashier asked, looking at Kaitlin, then to me. "You two look so young and happy."

I immediately froze, not knowing what to say, and looked at Kaitlin to gage her reaction.

Kaitlin looked almost as off balance as I felt, "No," She stammered, "We're just close friends."

The cashier seemed to realize she was overstepping her boundaries, and apologized. "I'm sorry, you two just looked right for each other and I assumed."

"Thank you," I said, regaining my senses and grabbing our bags from the belt, "That's awfully kind of you to say."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

The rest of the day was spent lounging around the house in awkward bouts of conversation. The rain made the day seem longer and slightly drearier, reflecting the mood of those in the house. Finally, I reverted back to an old method of fun that Kaitlin and I messed with as teenagers. "Kaitlin!" I called into the kitchen, "Wanna drink the night away?"

I heard footsteps, and Kaitlin appeared in the doorway of the living room. "That'd be nice." She said, giving me a small smile.

Later, lounging in the living room again, this time on separate couches, we sat drinking our favorite whiskey.

"Scott?" Kaitlin asked.

"Yeah?"

"What are we?"

My mouth immediately dried up, as I stared into my drink trying to think of the right words.

Kaitlin spoke for me. "I liked what happened last night," she said, looking into her drink as well, "I felt more relaxed and safe than I ever have. No one has made me feel that way before."

I looked up from my drink to find her staring at me. "Well," I said slowly, "You are probably one of the most beautiful people I have ever met. Why it took me this long to figure out, I have no clue."

Kaitlin met my eyes with a playful look. Pushing her hair out of her face, she smiled. "Well, you're pretty good looking yourself. Inside and out."

Having said that, Kaitlin got up from her sofa and sat on my lap again. This time, she was straddling me with her legs. She looked me in the eye with a fierce passion that I had never seen from someone before. Her lips were against mine, her tongue sliding between them. I was in heaven. I had been imagining this moment, and I kissed back just as fiercely. I moved my hands over her body, feeling her press her breasts against my chest. I felt her waist, her back, everywhere my hands could explore.

12