Karen

Story Info
Ignorance is never a good reason not to love.
14k words
4.65
12.5k
26
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
B_Bailey
B_Bailey
46 Followers

How I met, fell in love and married Karen Childs. She became my very reason for existing and I became her reason for living. There is no sex, no BDSM, no cheating or anything in this tale that would be of interest to those liking those types of stories. There is only love and a happy ending for the two main characters. Please read it and keep in mind, this is a work of Non-erotic fiction simply for the reading pleasure.

Your comments, both positive and negative, are appreciated. Please enjoy. And don't forget to vote.

**************************************

It is hard to say how I wound up where I am today. I was always one of those guys that would tend to shy away from folks that were different. What I mean by different is those with physical deformities, mentally challenged or maybe some sort of health issue which made them seem to appear different. That is until I met Karen.

Karen was blind. She was not born blind. She was in the Army and was in a tragic accident that caused her blindness. Man she was beautiful. I didn't realize she was blind when I first saw her. She appeared to be just standing there in the airport as if waiting for her flight to be called.

Karen is just over five foot five inches tall. Beautiful brown hair, perfectly manicured finger nails attached to some very lovely long fingers and lovely hands. Her legs were on display because of her short skirt which stopped just short of mid-thigh. Her legs were attached to a very beautiful butt. Her butt was not overly large nor was it small, it was just amazing to look at. Her breasts were perfectly shaped to fit her torso. If I were to guess her breast size I would estimate them to be probably a large B cup or possibly a small C cup. Since the skin on her legs and arms was exposed I could not see a flaw anywhere. I was about ten feet away when I noticed her. Her face looked as beautiful as the rest of her. Her button nose supported the sun glasses she was wearing so I had no idea of her eye color. Her lips framed a dentist perfect set of teeth when she smiled. Her teeth were a pearly white and they just hollered "Look at me when I smile!"

I heard my flight called and thought I would never see the lady again. I could only hope I would. As I started towards the tunnel leading to my flight I did notice a young woman coming up to her. She merely spoke softly to her and escorted her to the same route I took. Well at least she would be on the same flight. I just couldn't understand why she was being escorted like that. I started to think she might be mentally challenged. It seemed as if she couldn't find her own way without help. It did confuse me just a little. I had never been exposed to anyone like her.

I had a seat near the wing. I always tried to get a seat near the wing because it gave me a wonderful sense of serenity, watching the wings cut through any clouds we would fly through. To me it was just peaceful. It also helped me to relax while flying. I really did not like flying. Having a window seat over the wings was just a way to make it more tolerable for me.

I had already started looking out the window when the lady escorting the beautiful woman in the airport terminal came down the aisle and started grinning at me as she set the woman in the seat right next to me. "GOD this woman was beautiful," I thought. She was even more so up close.

As she sat, the other woman whispered something to her and took the aisle seat across from her. How lucky could one guy get? I did not know if I was going to sit next to a mental case or should I thank my lucky stars that this beautiful woman was going to sit next to me for our long flight from London, England to Houston, Texas in the good ole U S of A. I also knew that since it was late afternoon, we would probably wind up taking a nap while in flight. We would arrive in Houston somewhere around mid morning the next day. Well, I was good to go either way the flight went. I had a long flight ahead of me and I also had a good looking woman sitting next to me for the trip. I was thinking I might not be engaged in good conversation but at least I had a good looking woman sitting next to me. There was some serious eye candy I could appreciate while taking discrete glances her direction.

I knew we would at least strike up some conversation of some sort. I was trying to figure out a way to start. I had hopes she would not find me an annoying seat mate and we could make the best of what we had. I had also thought maybe hopefully she was not one of those mental cases.

"Hi" I started out with. Typical way to start I thought. "My name is Eddy McDonald"

She responded in like manner. "My name is Karen Childs".

"Why are you going to Houston, business or pleasure?" I asked.

"I'm going home now. I live near Houston in a small town just north of there called Tomball" she said. "Where do you live?

"Hey I know where Tomball is. I live in the Baytown area. I'm a sales rep for a computer company. I've always wanted to see London so I took some time off for a vacation" I told her.

"Wow that must be nice" she tells me. "Do you sell the systems or do you sell the software for them?"

I was relieved that she could talk without any noticeable speech impediment. She could also think clearly. This may be an enjoyable flight after all.

"We sell everything from A to Z when it comes to the computers and anything associated with them" I told her. I then asked her "have you ever played any games on line?"

"I used to before..." and as she said it she appeared to look sad. She looked as if to be gazing down towards the floor of the plane.

"What do you mean by before?"

"Before my accident. I was in the Army stationed in Afghanistan when I got injured. A couple of my close friends were killed during the attack. I barely made it out of the building before it collapsed. Unfortunately the blast left me blind" she told me.

Well I really didn't know what to say about that. I mean, she is a very beautiful woman and it would seem as if she had it all together. After hearing her tell me those words about being blind, I felt foolish about asking her about playing on-line games. I really was at a loss for words. But she could sense something in the tone of my voice.

"Please don't feel sorry for me" she told me. "I am learning to cope with it. Of course I have a lot of help from my sister sitting across the aisle. She has helped me quite a bit since the incident happened. I had a concussion of some kind and it left me blind. I didn't have any other injuries other than a bad headache for nearly two months. Other than that and not being able to see, I was alive and lost at the same time. I mean, my sister Kate has been a God send. She and I have always gotten along when we were growing up so it's not been a struggle for either of us. I love her for all she has done for me."

"What were you doing while in the Army? I mean besides getting hurt and all" I asked.

She went on to explain to me her job was being a nurse's aid at the forward base. They were generally considered to be far enough from the enemy to be out of harm's way. Mostly all she did was help the nurses so they could help the doctors. Her job was more of an administrative job. She wrote reports and made sure the medical supplies were ordered. After the supplies would arrive she made sure the supplies would be put in the right area so everyone knew where to look for what they needed. She really enjoyed her job in the Army. She wanted to work in a hospital when she got out of the Army.

"What do you think you'll be able to do now?" I asked.

Karen said "I am going to help other wounded veterans transition back to civilian life. I know it is going to somewhat of a challenge for a blind girl to help, but I am going to do this if it kills me. The doctors don't really know if my condition is physical or mental. I just know right now I can't see."

It did concern me though. I have always avoided people like her. I mean the physical part anyway. I knew I wasn't some sort of Don Juan. Hell I didn't even have the looks to play a leading many in any movie I'd ever seen before. My looks would probably get me a role as some villain or one of the sidekicks that always hung around the bad guy. While I was amiable enough to land a few of the nicer looking ladies in life, I just wasn't someone a woman would write home about. I stood five foot seven inches tall. I am prematurely gray, but I still had a full head of wavy brownish/gray hair. I am also average weight so I wasn't fat. I didn't even have the body of one that worked out in a gym more than once or twice a month. I spent most of my time indoors working on or fixing computers and programs. No Adonis tan for me either.

"Hey Karen, since we don't really live that far apart would it be alright to call you sometime and possibly have dinner and maybe see a movie or something" I asked. Only then did I remember she is blind. "Hell I'm sorry, I guess I forgot already. But I would still like to take you out for dinner if you are willing."

Even over this short span of time I had started feeling like we could be friends. Hell she was a Veteran and lost her sight to protect her country and people like me. People like me that didn't want to go into military service.

"I'd like that. I have two weeks of medical evaluations at the VA hospital in Houston so you may have to wait a couple of weeks before we make any definite plans" she said.

I really felt embarrassed for myself after telling her we could catch a movie. At least she made it out to be sort of a joke. I hoped she was serious about us going out later. I was thinking that I'd like to get to know her better. We looked to be about the same age. I was twenty-seven at that time.

"Hey Karen, if you don't mind my asking, how old are you?"

She said "I'm twenty-two. I'll be twenty-three in just under a month."

I then told her "Well maybe we could make our date as an early birthday celebration of sorts."

"I'd like that" she said and smiled. Man she has pretty teeth framed by the prettiest lips I can ever remember seeing.

What I really could not believe was that I was carrying on a conversation with a person that I had spent my whole life trying to avoid. During our time together on the plane I became very comfortable with her and her sister Kate. While Kate was a nice looking woman too, I was sure someone like me would never even have a chance with either of the two ladies. Kate seemed very leery and suspicious of me. Over the course of the long hours involved while in flight we become comfortable with each other. Kate told me that the two of them always seemed to fight with one another while growing up. Even though Karen was older, Kate appeared smarter. Kate was cute but Karen was beautiful.

The in-flight meal was served and shortly after that we were all asleep. Karen had taken off her dark glasses so she could sleep more comfortably. I awoke a short time later and needed to use the facilities. Try as I may, I could not get past Karen without bumping into her. Of course the mild turbulence we hit at just the right moment sent me crashing down on top of her. This startled the crap out of her, Kate woke up, stared at me with a particular look of concern, and started to say something. I told Kate the turbulence had caused me to land on Karen's lap and I was really trying to apologize to the both of them. Karen started laughing, I started laughing and finally Kate started laughing too but not quite as much.

If I were looking at the same scene from a different angle I might have been a little amused myself. Here I was with my legs on either side of Karen's legs, my arms on either side of Karen's head and my hands planted firmly on the seat behind her head. Our faces were a mere inch or maybe two apart. For some unknown reason after we stopped laughing, I kissed Karen squarely on the lips. Perhaps a little too long, but none the less our lips touched. Kate drew in a quick sharp breath and her eyes got as big as saucers. Karen just sat there. I stood there still in close proximity of her face. I looked into Karen's eyes and saw the most beautiful Brown eyes I have ever seen. Her eyes looked like big old puppy dog eyes. I kissed her again. This time I think she actually kissed me back. At least that is what I was hoping for and wanted to believe.

I excused myself and headed to the head. On the way I was wondering what the hell just happened? I have never acted like that to or in front of anyone ever before. Was I really falling for a blind girl? I knew I was smitten with her after all she is very pretty and very personable. Karen has been delivered a big blow by losing her eyesight. Even her sister Kate was nice once she gets to know you. Karen on the other hand had everything going for her with the very minor exception of being blind.

Upon returning to my seat I figured I would have seen that Kate and Karen had changed seats. But instead the only change was Karen now had her dark glasses on. After I nudged her shoulder I informed her I was back and would like to sit down. She started to get up and I told her to just lean back and I would try not to land in her lap again. She had a cute, contagious humorous smile that appeared to be from ear to ear.

"Karen" I said. "Could you remove your glasses and turn you head in my direction?"

"Why would you want me to do that?" she asked.

To that I replied "To be honest with you, I'd like to look into your beautiful eyes. Your eyes are the most beautiful brown eyes I believe I have ever had the extreme pleasure of looking at."

With that she removed her glasses and turned her face towards me. I did notice there seemed to be a tear forming at the outside of both of her gorgeous eyes. I couldn't help but to reach out with my left hand and start to wipe the tears from her face with my thumb. As soon as she felt my hand touch her right cheek, she flinched. She then reached for my left hand with her right hand and held onto it. Her touch was as soft as a cloud looks on a beautiful spring day in Texas.

Karen then slowly moved my hand with hers, towards her lips and kissed the palm of my hand, sending something I had never experienced in my life. Shivers ran up and down my spine!

She felt me shake a little and asked me "Did you shake or something? Are you OK?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just felt a cold chill run up my back" I told her.

"Well you sound a little faint. Are you sure you're OK?" she asked.

"May I ask you a question Karen?"

"Yes, what do you want to know?"

"Can I kiss you again? I have never been infatuated with another woman as I am with you right now. I'll understand if you say no." I said.

She nodded and we kissed again. This time it was more sensuous than before. Our lips met then parted. She slipped her tongue in past my lips and the tonsil hockey began. Her kiss was the most exciting thing that had ever happened to me. You have to remember I am somewhat of a nerd. I am not normally like this. But I definitely loved her kiss. I was not completely inexperience with women, but I was also not ever this outgoing or forward with women either.

We broke the kiss and both of us took a deep breath. Kate looked at us with an undetermined expression. But I think she felt some concern that I would just try to use Karen for my own sexual gratification and relief at some point in time. We still had a long wait for the end of our flight. We settled into a comfortable position with Karen's head on my shoulder and my head on her head and slept until we felt the plane starting to descend.

"Karen, can I get your phone number? I really would like to see you when you are free of your obligations with the VA hospital" I told her.

She gave me her number and I gave her a business card with my work and cell number on it. She promised to call me as soon as she could. She even made sure Kate understood that she really wanted to talk with me. Kate was a little apprehensive but agreed to help her out. I also gave Kate a business card if only to reassure Kate that she could find out who I was.

"Kate, I don't know if you believe me or not, but I'd like to see Karen again real soon. Normally my schedule is kind of hectic, but I will make sure I have time to see her. I don't want you to worry about her. When and if we are able to go out and if it would make you feel better please feel free to tag along. I mean Karen no harm. I think she is just as beautiful on the inside as she is the outside."

I knew then that I had misjudged people with infirmities. I also knew I was going to turn my life around and get over those presumed prejudices.

"Eddy, she is a grown woman. She has been through a lot lately and I will not allow her to get hurt emotionally much less physically. I hope you understand that we both met you just a few hours ago and I am still leery of your intentions towards my big sister." "Kate, I would like to not only come over real soon, but I'd like to meet y'alls parents too. I'm in very unfamiliar territory myself. I know we have only known each other for a mere twelve hours or so, but believe me when I tell you I want to get to know Karen and your family. I do hope you understand."

"Eddy I'll talk to Karen on our way home from the airport. If she can convince me then I'll call you myself. How does that sound?"

"That sounds great Kate. I don't know what will happen between us, but I want to find out. If there is something there then I, we, are going to pursue it" I told her as I inwardly smiled.

The three of us walked to the baggage claim area. Kate allowed me to escort Karen there. She even showed me how to escort a blind person. When we had found all our baggage, I hugged Karen. Then I gave Kate a genuine hug too. I wanted, no I needed, to win her over too. I think I have already won Karen over. Now only time would tell.

Things went well the first day home. My parents lived next door to me so my house wasn't all stuffy when I arrived home. It was late afternoon by the time I finally pulled up, and of course mom and dad were glad to see me.

"Mom, dad, I need to talk to the both of you" I said.

They had a look of concern on their faces. Dad told me to get things situated and come over for dinner, we'd talk then.

I told them of the trip and all the sightseeing I had done. That only pales to what happened on my way home. Then I told them about meeting Karen at Heathrow Airport in London and of course her sister Kate. I went into detail about what happened and what Karen and I had talked about. Mom looked at me with discerning eyes. Dad just winked and smiled at me. I knew I had won him over but mom looked skeptical. I figured once she met Karen she would like her too. I mean, what's not to like. OK she's blind but she is smart, beautiful, very personable and did I mention she is very beautiful? Well she is that, very beautiful.

Sometime about ten o'clock that evening my cell rang. I didn't recognize the number but that wouldn't be unusual. I generally had outside calls that would call for appointments or whatever, but generally not at that time of the evening. I answered it. It was Karen!

"Hi Eddy, how you doing?" she asked. My heart started fluttering as she spoke. "Kate and I talked to mom and dad about our chance meeting at the airport in London. We, all four of us, were wondering if you would like to come over for dinner this Sunday afternoon? I'd love to see you again."

Well, did she forget she was blind? Maybe it was just a figure of speech. I responded with "Well I have to double check my schedule first. Give me a couple of seconds." I waited about twenty or thirty seconds before I responded. "It looks like I have something scheduled that day."

She started to say something when I told her "My schedule tells me I have a date in Tomball that afternoon, but I can't seem to find the address. Could you give me your address so I can make sure I find the place?"

B_Bailey
B_Bailey
46 Followers