Kate and Connor Ch. 03

Story Info
Siblings close a chapter of their lives.
6.7k words
88.1k
100

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 07/05/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
chargergirl
chargergirl
983 Followers

"I spoke to the Regional in Bangor, and they could use another person at the store there."

It was Friday evening and Doug and Connor were closing the store. Everyone else had gone home, so Doug knew it was safe to bring it up.

"Really?" Connor glanced up from the cash drawer he was counting.

"Yeah. They want you to call them if you're serious about it." Doug paused. "Are you?"

"Yeah, I am." Connor nodded. "What did you tell them?"

"Just that you're looking to relocate to that area. That you're an excellent worker and I hate like hell to lose you."

"And Kate? What did you say about her?"

"Nothing. I didn't mention her. What you choose to say, or not, is up to you."

Connor gave him a half-hearted smile.

"Thanks. For not saying anything."

"I told you I wouldn't," Doug reminded him.

"I know."

"When do you plan on leaving? They'll want to know when to expect you."

"A few weeks, I think. I need to go to school and let them know I'll be tranferring."

"How's Kate feel about all of this?"

"She can't wait to leave Bet and Edwin's. Hell, neither can I."

"Deb and I are going to miss you two, you know. But we get it."

Connor felt a lump beginning in his throat. He nodded and turned his attention back to the drawer.

Doug saw the look on Connor's face. He knew it was hard for him to talk about it, so he let it go.

Kate was bent over, digging for something under her bed when her brother walked in. He stood there in silence for a moment, just watching and appreciating the curves of her ass.

"Now there's a sight I don't mind coming home to."

Kate startled, and banged her head on the metal frame of her bed.

"Ow! Connor!"

"Oops. Sorry Kate," he laughed and went over to help her to her feet. "You OK?"

She rubbed the top of her head.

"Yeah. I guess," she grumbled.

"Here, let me look." Connor dug around in her hair for a few seconds. "No blood, I think you'll live." He gave the top of her head a kiss.

"Did you have a good day?" she asked from the circle of his arms.

"Yeah. Pretty good. You?"

"It was OK. Had to go to graduation walk-through. What a pain in the ass."

"I know. I remember my own. What are you doing after? Anything fun?" Connor rubbed his chin on the top of her head.

"Well, there's the Senior All Night Party, but I don't know if I want to go."

"Why not? I went to mine."

"Yeah, but that was back at our old school in Denver. This is just...different. I can't explain it."

"Is it because of Nick? He'll probably be there."

"Maybe a little, but mostly it's because I'm just not close to anyone there, you know?" Hell, she hadn't bonded with anyone in the two years since her parents died.

"All the girls seem nice to me." Connor was baiting her, and she knew it.

"No shit they're all nice to you! Have you looked at yourself in the mirror lately? The only time one of them speaks to me is to ask about you. It's sickening." In spite of herself, Kate started to laugh.

"Ah, but Kate, none of them have the advantage that you have."

"And what's that?" she asked, grinning up at him.

"Me, in your bed!" He released her and flopped down upon it.

"You are so full of yourself, Connor Adrian!" She took a flying leap and landed right on top of him. He caught her with barely more than a grunt.

"Yeah, but you love me anyway, Kathleen Rose."

She grabbed his wrists in her small hands and pinned them above his head. He could have easily pulled away, but he let her have her way.

She lowered her head towards his, whispering,

"I love you so much." And then their lips met and parted. Their kiss was long, sensual, and blatantly possessive.

"I want you Kate," Connor growled when they broke their kiss.

"Then take me."

"No." He shook his head.

"No? Why the hell not?" She frowned down at him.

He wanted to laugh at the disgruntled look on her face, but instead sighed.

"I can't"

"Well, why not?" She sat up and put her hands on her hips. She was sitting on his stomach now, still frowning.

"I'm paralyzed by your beauty, Kate. I'm afraid you'll just have to take me," he shrugged, laced his fingers together, and put them under his head. He let out another exaggerated sigh.

"You just like it when I undress you!" she laughed.

"I'm waiting." Connor began to whistle a mindless tune.

Kate only rolled her eyes, yet hastily went to work removing his clothes. It didn't take her long to rid him of them.

"Eagar today, aren't we?" he laughed as she yanked her shirt over her head and shimmied out of her jeans. She shot her underwear at him like a rubberband, which he found thoroughly amusing.

She climbed back on top of him, but before she could do anything else, Connor stopped her.

"Get a condom out of your nightstand, Kate. Please."

"Do I have to do everything? I hate those things," she grumbled, yet went to do as he asked.

"I'm paralyzed, remember?" he grinned. "Look Kate, when we get settled up in Maine we'll figure something else out, OK? I don't like them either, but they'll have to do for now." He ripped it open and rolled it on.

"Thought you were paralyzed?" Kate asked with a raised brow.

"I'm ready now." He laced his fingers behind his head again.

"Yes, I can see that." Kate didn't bother with any formalities. She straddled his hips and lowered herself onto him. She was already wet and hot for him. He filled her completely.

"Ohhh, Connor," she sighed. Her head rolled back and she began to move.

Connor gazed up at his sister as she rode him. Her eyes were shut and her head was thrown back. Her shapely lips were parted and soon she began to pant, her chest heaving. He reached up and cupped her breasts in his hands. They fit there perfectly, as if they had been made just for him.

When his hand slid down to her pussy, and he used the pad of his thumb to rub her clit, Kate let out a low moan.

"Like that, Kate?"

"Oh yesss, Connorrrr..."

It drove him wild when she purred his name off her tongue that way. He began to buck his hips in time with hers.

"I'm gonna come, Connor," she panted. "Oh, please...yes, yes!" She wanted to shriek as her orgasm consumed her, yet held it in, knowing it wasn't possible. She didn't know who was upstairs.

When Connor felt the muscles in her pussy begin to convulse around him, his own release roared through him. He caught Kate in his arms as she collapsed on top of him.

"Kate," he breathed. "Sweet Kate." He kissed her deeply. "I love you so much."

He raised her hips a little to allow himself to slip out. He didn't want to leave her body, but he couldn't take the chance of some semen leaking into her.

"Love you, too," she murmured into his neck.

"I want to leave here soon, Kate."

"I know Connor. I do, too."

"No regrets?"

"Not a one. You?"

"Not on your life. You're mine forever, Kate." He wrapped his arms tighter around her.

They began to grow sleepy, holding each other that way. Kate's breath was warm on Connor's neck, and it lulled him gently into sleep.

Kate awoke with a start a half hour later. She lifted her head and looked at her clock. Six-thirty. Her stomach rumbled.

She pulled away from Connor quietly, wiping away a little drool on her chin.

"Yuck," she whispered, then spotted the drool running down her brothers' neck. She stifled a giggle and used a tissue to wipe it away. She'd never hear the end of it if Connor caught her drooling all over him.

Kate pulled on an old tee shirt she'd stolen from Connor years ago. It had been his favorite; his Chevy-Heartbeat of America tee shirt. By the time he'd realized who had taken it, it was too late, Kate had washed it with her brand new red sweater and turned it a lovely shade of pink. For years after, though he'd long since gotten over it, Connor swore she'd done it on purpose. Kate swore it had been an accident.

Kate went out to the family room. It had yet to warm back up again and the basement was cold. Their aunt and uncle always turned the heat off by mid-May in the house, regardless of the temperature outside. And regardless of the temperature in the basement. Kate went over and began to lay logs in the fireplace.

The partially open door to the laundry caught Kate's attention as she stood to go find the matches. That was weird. It was always shut. She shrugged to herself and went over and closed it tightly. Maybe her aunt or uncle had forgotten it. Or maybe Connor. She quickly forgot it and went in search of the matches.

Connor emerged shirtless from Kate's room as the fire was beginning to catch hold. He came over and sat next to her on the couch.

"Nice shirt," he snorted.

"Thanks." She grinned up at him.

"Fire feels good."

"You should have something else on besides your underwear. It's cold down here." Her voice held the tone of quiet reprimand.

"Well, if our loving Aunt and Uncle would turn the fucking heat on-"

"Connor," she cut him off gently.

"Sorry, Kate." He grabbed a blanket from the other side of the couch and wrapped it around him, then pulled Kate into his arms and wrapped it around her, too.

They sat that way for a while in comfortable silence, each lost in their own thoughts. Kates' stomach growled again.

"Hungry?" Connor asked.

"I guess."

"Want to go anywhere?"

"Mmm, not really." She shook her head.

"Pizza?"

"Sure. I'll call"

Connor unfolded his arms and watched her get up and walk to the phone. She dialed the number by heart, place the order, twelve inch ham, mushroom, and onion, then returned to him and the warmth of his arms.

"Half hour?" he asked.

"Yup. As usual."

"Something's on your mind."

Kate turned her head and looked at her brother in surprise.

"Am I that transparent?"

"I've known you your whole life, Kate. I know when something's up. Spill it."

She sighed a little and settled back in his arms.

"I'm dreading tomorrow, I guess."

"Why's that?"

"Because I haven't seen Debra and Doug since, you know, since they..." she trailed off.

"Figured it out?"

"Yeah. You said they'd be there."

"Sweetheart, I know you're worried about it, but try to stop. They may not understand it, but they still care, OK?"

"Was Doug..."

"Was Doug, what?" he prodded.

"Weird with you?"

Connor's laugh was a deep rumble in his chest.

"No babe, he wasn't weird with me. And he won't be with you. Neither will Deb. Try to stop worrying."

"I'll try." Kate gave another little sigh.

Connor knew she'd try, but would worry herself sick until tomorrow was over.

"I was thinking I might go to the party after," she ventured.

"Good. You should go."

"I don't think I want to stay the whole night."

"Can you leave early?"

"Yeah, but I'll have to call and you'll have to come and get me. No one is supposed to be able to leave alone."

"Just call when ever you're ready. I don't care what time it is, OK?" He spoke reassuringly.

"OK. Thanks, Connor. I mean it." She turned and kissed his cheek.

Connor decided now was a good time to give her the graduation gift he'd gotten her.

"Hang on, I'll be right back. I've got something for you." He rose and went down the hall to his room. As he walked away, Kate admired the strong, self-confident, easy way he moved.

When he returned he sat down and handed her a little box. It was simply wrapped and adorned only with a small card he'd written by hand. It said:

KatieBird,

My Sister My Friend My Lover

Forever, Connor

"Oh, Connor." Tears began to well in her eyes as she read his words. She put her arms around him.

"You haven't even opened it yet," he protested with a laugh, disentangling himself from her. He was a little nervous, hoping she was OK with what he'd done.

So Kate carefully undid the wrapping and extracted a small black velvet box.

"Connor?" She looked up questioningly.

"Just open it, Kate." He reached up and put a gentle arm around her shoulder.

Slowly Kate opened the box and gasped at what was inside.

"Connor, oh my God," she breathed.

Inside was a ring, a simple band of gold set with three diamonds; a large one in the middle cut in the Marquise style and a smaller one on each side, both round. There was something vaguely familiar about them to Kate. With a shaky hand she removed it from its' slot.

"Are these..." she didn't dare believe it, could only stare down at the beautiful piece of jewelry she held.

"Yeah." He took the ring from her and slid it on her right ring finger. "Their Mom's, Grandma's, and Nanna's diamonds. I had them put into one setting for you. I hope you don't mind. I still have their original settings."

"Mind? Good God, Connor, it's beautiful." She began to cry and leaned into him. "Thank you. It's perfect."

Their parents' rings had been given back to them after the bodies had been identified. They'd been blackened by smoke and fire, but the jeweler Connor had taken their Mothers' engagement ring to had polished the diamond until it shone brilliantly once again. He'd also polished up the other two so they sparkled as brightly as the larger one.

"Connor," Kate frowned a moment. "I thought you told Bet you didn't know what happened to Nannas' rings."

"I did," he muttered darkly.

Kate got his meaning and chose not to question him further. Bet had been their Mother's much older sister and had bothered her for years about the rings.

Their pizza arrived minutes later. They sat side by side on the couch eating and watching TV. Every five minutes or so Kate would glance down at her right hand and smile.

The first day of June dawned bright and sunny and full of promise. Kate was excited about graduating and Connor was excited for her.

"You look beautiful, Kate." Connor was laying on her bed, chin propped in his hand, looking devastatingly handsome. His dark hair was wet and was falling over one eye. He wore only his jeans, but would soon be changing out of those in exchange for his suit, which he dreaded

"Thanks." She smiled over at him

Her long hair hung down her back in curls and was parted to the left. She so wanted to put it up, as the day was warm, but there would be no way to pin the mortarboard to her head, so she'd discarded that idea.

She slipped her black dress over her black bra and matching panties and went to stand at the edge of the bed.

"Will you help me?" She lifted her hair, indicating she needed help with the zipper.

"Kate! You're supposed to be getting ready for your graduation, not jumping my bones!" His voice had that teasing lilt to it.

"Connor, that's not what I meant! And you know it!"

"I know, I know. I was just kidding." He reached over and yanked up the zipper. "There ya go."

Connor stood, gave his sister a light spank on her rear, and left the room for his own. What he really wanted to do was help her back out of the little black dress she was wearing and into his bed. But they had to be at the high school in an hour, so there wasn't going to be any of that.

The graduation ceremony was perfect. Connor could hardly hold back his tears when Kate walked across the stage to receive her diploma. He knew their parents were there in spirit, and knew they would have been just as proud of Kate as he was.

After the ceremony, the parents, friends, and relatives filed outside to congratulate the graduates. Kate stayed behind for a few minutes talking to a couple girls she was friendly with. As they parted Kate said to them,

"If you see my brother outside, tell him I went to the restroom."

"OK, Kate," said one of the girls, whose name was Jill. "See you tonight."

Five minutes later Kate exited the restroom to find Nick leaning against the opposite wall. She tried being friendly.

"Hi Nick," she smiled. "Congratulations."

Nick pushed himself away from the wall and approached her.

"I just want you to know, I'll take you back when you come to your senses."

Kate opened her mouth, then closed it again. What the hell could she say to something like that? The arrogant bastard.

He reached out to touch her.

"You look nice today. C'mon Kate, what do ya say?"

She tried being nice.

"Nick, I'm sorry, really. I just don't think it's going to work out between us, OK?"

It wasn't OK with Nick. Kate could see he was getting angry. It was, unfortunately, an emotion she was familiar with when it came to him. Unconciously her right hand moved up to brush a lock of hair off her face. The ring caught Nick's attention. He grabbed her wrist.

"Where'd you get that?" he demanded. "I don't remember seeing it before."

Kate tried to jerk her arm away but Nick held it tight. She was beginning to get worried and didn't like the look in his eyes. She glanced around but didn't see anyone. They'd all gone outside.

"It's a graduation gift from Connor. Let go of me, you're hurting me!" She tried to pull away again.

"Like hell it's from Connor! That's not something a brother gives his sister. That's-"

"Get your hands off her, Nick."

Connor. He'd come around the corner in search of Kate and saw Nick gripping her arm, hurting what was his.

Nick dropped Kate's wrist like it burned him. He tried to stutter out an explanation.

"Connor, man, I didn't-"

Connor cut him off quietly.

"I don't want to hear it." He was calm and forceful, yet inside he was raging. He wanted nothing more than to slam his fist into Nick's face. And maybe he would have if they'd been alone. But Kate was there and he didn't want her to see that.

"C'mon Kate." Connor reached for her hand, then turned. "Leave her alone, Nick. I mean it."

Nick nodded, not trusting himself to speak. He was angry, but not enough to challenge Kate's brother, who was taller than him by several inches and outweighed him by at least 40 pounds.

"Thanks for not beating the crap out of him, Connor," Kate said as they went outside. "I thought you were going to."

Connor shrugged.

"He needed it, but it wouldn't have accomplished anything, only upset you. Would've made me feel good, though." He grinned down at her.

Kate shook her head.

"You never did like him."

"Obviously, and for good reason."

Later that evening Kate was getting ready to leave for the graduation party. She still wanted to go, in spite of the scene with Nick earlier. Connor wasn't thrilled by it, yet he knew she'd be fine.

"God Kate, you look amazing."

Somehow, he wasn't sure, she'd gotten all her hair piled up on top of her head, and loose curls were spilling out all over. It was an interesting looking creation and he longed to go over and mess it up, being the older brother that he was. But he resisted and instead took the long, loving kiss that was offered. Much better than what he would have gotten had he messed up her hair, he decided.

"Thank you. I'll let you mess it up later," she laughed and winked at him.

Connor let out a howl of laughter. Damn, she knew him well.

"Kate." He spoke her name quietly. He had to ask, couldn't wait any longer. "Did it bother you that Bet and Edwin weren't there?"

Kate thought for a minute, then answered him honestly.

"No, it didn't. You were there. That's all that mattered to me. I'm glad Doug and Deb were, too. I really missed Mom and Dad today," she ended with a little laugh.

"I know. Me, too. You know, I could almost feel them there, though."

Kate smiled at her brother, who was sitting on her bed. She walked over to stand between his legs.

"I felt them, too." She reached out and touched his cheek.

Connor ran his hands up her back and gently leaned into her, resting his head against the warm, soft skin of her belly. She had yet to put her clothes on and wore only her bra and panties.

Kate bore Connor's weight, planting her feet so she wouldn't lose her balance. She held him there, her forearms resting on his shoulders, her left hand stroking his hair. She heard him let out a quiet sigh. She couldn't tell if it was a sigh of melancholy or one of contentment. Perhaps a little of both.

chargergirl
chargergirl
983 Followers
12