Kate Gets Her Man Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
RichardGerald
RichardGerald
2,893 Followers

Karen was Jim's live in girlfriend.

"So you are taking the word of a cook over your partner."

"When my partner is a woman who never dates and suddenly is spending the weekend with the richest guy anyone knows, yea maybe. But Dan is closer to Denny than anyone. They're like brothers. Denny literally picked Dan out of the gutter, got him off drugs, and supported Alice and Dan's kids while he went through a treatment program. So when Dan says Denny's got it bad for you, I got to wonder, partner," Jim said.

Their patrol took them out toward Schuylerville. They drove away from the Lake, up into the foothills of the Adirondacks. The ride was straight, clear, and uneventful, so Kate had a lot of time to think. She had feelings for Morgan, but what were they? More to the point, what were his feelings for her? He was untrustworthy. Almost every word he spoke was designed to deceive. Didn't matter what was involved or who. He lied continually about himself. He concealed everything both good and bad.

"What do you know about Champagne?" she asked Jim.

"Know it cost more than beer." He said.

"Exactly," she said.

__________________________________________

"Dom Perignon! Sure, we got it."

The sales assistant in the wine warehouse was looking at the female Sheriff's deputy funny, but he led her back to where the high-end French wines were housed in a temperature-controlled room.

"We have a good 2009 which is only $167 a bottle and an exceptional 2005 which sells for $212 a bottle," the assistant said.

"What about a 2002?" she asked.

The assistant laughed, "If we had a 2002 - which we don't - it would top five hundred a bottle, best vintage in a long time."

Kate thanked the assistant, bought a nice bottle of Rhone, and joined her partner at lunch in the Brugger's Bagel shop.

"Find what you were looking for?" Jim asked over his chicken soup and a bagel sandwich.

"No, just a new question." she said.

"What's that?"

"Why does a banker send a bottle of five hundred dollar Champagne to a bar owner who doesn't have the credit to buy a new car?"

Jim had no answer. The Tyler County Bank President, Alan Dodge knew that answer, but would he tell? Before she spoke to Dodge, she would need to do a deal more investigating into who Dennis Morgan really is, and his true financial situation.

*****

End of Part 2. If you think you know how it ends let me know.

RichardGerald
RichardGerald
2,893 Followers