Kathy's Engagement

Story Info
She gets engaged. Then meets another man.
8.1k words
3.54
77.8k
50
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Did Keith give you that ring, Kathy?" Joni asked. "And is it what I think it is?"

The two 21 year old waitresses were waiting for drink orders at the Sam Glance Saloon, a restaurant and bar that featured a heavy handed Western theme. Both wore cowboy hats and plaid blouses with the three top buttons unbuttoned, as the manager's dress code required.

"Yes," said Kathy. "I know it isn't a big fancy diamond or anything, but it means we'll be getting married some day." She showed Joni the small pearl ring on her left hand.

"It was just a matter of time," said Joni. The two girls had been best friends since they were ten years old, and had both gotten jobs at the Sam Glance for the summer before their senior year in college. "It seems like the two of you have been a couple since, well, forever."

"That's true," said Kathy. She and Keith had fallen in love when they were fifteen, and had pretty much gone steady all through high school and in college too.

"Everybody knew that you guys would get married someday. Keith is such a sweet and caring guy," said Joni. "He's really the right one for you, I think."

"Mmm hmmm," said Kathy. "That's what everyone says."

Keith was probably the smartest person either Kathy or Joni had ever met. All three of them were in the same graduating class in high school, although Keith had skipped a grade somewhere along the way and so was a year younger. He was the valedictorian of their class, and had gone off to Harvard after that, while Kathy went to a small liberal arts college near home and Joni went to community college.

"You've been his only love, Kathy, ever since I can remember," said Joni.

"And he's been mine, too," said Kathy.

They got their drink orders and went back to the waitressing routine. Both girls were glad they had gotten jobs there so they could have these little conversations during their shift at work.

Kathy thought back to last night when Keith had proposed. Even though they had known each other forever, he was nervous and awkward, which Kathy found endearing. She had an inkling this might be coming, since they were both entering their senior year at school, and real life beckoned after that. Of course there was no question that she would say yes. He had always been her only love, and was wonderfully kind and considerate to her. He treated her like a princess, in fact, always the gentleman, whatever they were doing together.

He never took her for granted. Always asked her permission for things. Even when they would go out to Lookout Point in his dad's car, he would ask if he could kiss her, would ask if he could touch her. When she lost her virginity with him, he asked permission for that too.

"Have you guys set a date?" said Joni as their paths met at the bar for drink orders once again.

"No. We haven't really talked too much about that. You know Keith has been accepted at medical school. Johns Hopkins," Kathy said.

"Wow," said Joni. "You're going to be a doctor's wife."

"Not for some time though."

"Why is that? Can't you be married when he's at medical school?"

"No. He says it wouldn't be fair to me since he'll be so committed to studying and all. You know him."

"Yeah." Keith's academic dedication was pretty legendary in their crowd.

"And he says he doesn't want to have to rely on any income I might make to support him." Kathy was planning to graduate with a teaching degree in elementary education, and she figured at some point she'd be searching for a job teaching third grade or something.

Kathy turned to Joni with her eyes shining, "But when my wedding day comes, I want you to be my maid of honor."

"Omigod, this is so, so exciting," said Joni. "Of course I will. I can't wait. You are so lucky, Kathy."

The only problem now, Kathy thought to herself as she hustled from table to table, taking orders and serving, is Mom and Dad For reasons Kathy had never been able to understand, her parents never liked Keith. Maybe it was because he was so shy and withdrawn around them. Maybe it was because they didn't think it was a good idea for her to get involved with just one boy when she was so young. Or maybe they never got over that time they caught Kathy and Keith making out in the game room when they got home early from some social event. They would have had a fit if they knew Kathy had gone on the pill when she went to college. Of course they would have had a bigger fit if she had gotten pregnant, and Keith was too shy to buy condoms at the drug store.

As Kathy and Joni met at the bar once more, Joni said, "So, what do your parents have to say about this?"

"I haven't told them," said Kathy.

"Well, you're going to have to tell them sometime," said Joni.

"I know. I'll just have to find the right time."

"What about the ring? How are you going to explain that?" asked Joni

"My mom already asked about it this morning," Kathy said.

"Eagle eyes, huh?"

"For sure. I told her it was just a gift from Keith. That it didn't mean anything more than that. I even said we agreed to keep dating other people."

"Well, good luck with them not finding out," Joni said.

They retrieved their drink orders and walked separately into the dining room.

Later that night, after the waitresses' shift was over around at 10:30 pm, they sat down to relax with a couple of margaritas in the bar. The two friends did this pretty much every night. Keith was never able to join them, as he wasn't yet 21, and since he looked about 16 was sure to be carded.

A large man in his late thirties came through the door. About 6'5", his shaved head gleamed in the light. He had a black fu manchu mustache, and one ear was pierced, the earring a small silver horseshoe. He wore a black t-shirt that accentuated his pects, and the cut-off sleeves emphasized a pair of good sized biceps. Across his chest, white gothic letters spelled out "Pariahs."

The man looked around the room, saw that it was empty except for Kathy and Joni, and walked slowly, with a slight swagger, up to the bar, pulled out a stool and sat down just to Kathy's left.

"Bourbon. Rocks," he said to the bartender, putting a twenty on the bar. Kathy glanced at him sideways. She should feel his close presence towering over her, though he hadn't touched her.

"Thanks, buddy," he said to the bartender. Kathy thought how his voice sounded, well, commanding somehow in a way she couldn't really explain.

"You work here, honey?" he said to Kathy, after taking a long sip from his drink.

"No," she said flippantly, "I just like to wear these cowboy type clothes around," gesturing at her short white skirt and her plaid blouse with the three top buttons open. She and Joni had discarded their hats in the locker room earlier.

"Hey," she heard his low voice again, and then felt his large right hand on her wrist, gripping hard, "there's no call to be such a smartass, baby." His grip was tight.

"Stop, you're hurting me," Kathy said, looking at him full in the face for the first time.

He continued his grip for another couple beats, then abruptly released it. And finished his bourbon with another long pull.

"Thank you," Kathy said. Then after a couple moments of silence. "I haven't seen you in here before."

"Haven't been in here until today. Seems like a nice enough place"

"What brings you this way?" Kathy said

"New job. First day."

"Oh? Where do you work?" Kathy couldn't quite believe she was even engaging in conversation with this guy. He was a lot older than her. And a lot rougher around the edges. Maybe a lot rougher all the way through, she thought with a smile.

"At the Harley dealership at Market and Fifth." he said. "What's so funny?" he asked, seeing her smiling at him.

"Nothing"

He grabbed her arm again, this time above the elbow, leaned closer and growled, "Little girl, don't you fuck with me, now. Making fun can get you hurt."

"Please, let me go," she gasped. "I didn't mean anything by it. Just thinking that I don't usually talk with guys, um......"

"Guys like me?" he asked.

"Yes, I guess so."

"Just what do you think guys like me are like?" he asked.

"Well, I don't really know," she said, thinking that one thing was clear. He wasn't a guy like Keith. That was for sure.

He had released her arm now. "How about if I buy you a drink? Margarita?"

She nodded.

She heard a whisper from her right. "Kathy, what do you think you're doing?" Joni asked

Kathy had almost forgotten that Joni was there.

"What?" she whispered.

"Are you crazy?" asked Joni. "That guy is dangerous. Why don't we get out of here now? We could stop over at Keith's before going home"

Kathy looked at her watch. "It's after 10:30. Keith's asleep by now."

"Well, I think we should leave anyway," Joni said.

"You go ahead," said Kathy. "I'm going to stick around for a little while. I've got a new margarita here."

"I hope you know what you're doing," said Joni, as she gathered up her purse and got down from the bar stool. "See you at work tomorrow."

Kathy watched her friend go out the front door. She thought to her herself, "She's just jealous because there's a guy here paying attention to me instead of her." Joni was always quite popular. She was the head cheerleader in high school, and while Kathy had Keith as a steady boyfriend, Joni dated a series of guys: the quarterback on the football team, the star basketball player, the baseball pitcher who was now playing in the minor leagues. She was never serious about any of them, but she never lacked for male companionship. That made it exciting for Kathy that tonight, this guy was paying exclusive attention to her.

"What's your name, baby?" came the low voice from her left. Staring straight ahead.

"Kathy," she said. "And yours?"

"You can call me Bo," he replied.

"You have a girlfriend, Bo?" Kathy asked, gazing at the tattoo on his huge upper arm that spelled out "Amber" in a fancy script.

"A few," he said. "None in particular."

"Amber?" she asked

"Long time ago. My ex. My first ex," he rumbled.

Kathy thought to herself that making conversation with this guy wasn't the easiest thing in the world. Not like Keith, she thought. Although Keith was shy around lots of other people, around Kathy he was a regular chatterbox. He could go on and on about just any subject you could think of, to the point where sometimes she just had to tune him out for a while.

"You feel like talking huh?" Bo asked her.

"Um, well, ...." she began.

"Tomorrow. I'll be back around the same time. We can go out somewhere, you and me, honey. Just the two of us, me and that sexy body of yours. Don't need your friend to come along"

"What? I can't. I'm....um.....I'm...." She didn't know why she couldn't bring herself to tell him she was engaged to be married. Just recently, in fact, as in yesterday.

"You got a boyfriend?" Bo asked.

"Well, yes, I do, as a matter of fact."

"College boy?"

"Yes, he goes to college."

"Don't matter. I'll be back tomorrow," said Bo, and he knocked back the last of his bourbon. And suddenly, without warning, he placed a large paw behind her neck and drew her to him for a kiss. A long, hard one. And with that he got up and sauntered out the front door.

Kathy was shaking. She downed her new margarita in two fast gulps. Nothing remotely like this had ever happened to her. To have a man, that's what he was, not a boy, attracted to her this way. It was making her head spin. "No, that's just the drinks," she thought to herself.

She had kind of hard time sleeping that night, waking at least three times from dreams filled with images of this guy. This guy she knew absolutely, well practically, nothing about.

The next day, as Joni and Kathy began their shift, Joni said, "I can't believe the way you were acting last night."

"What? Acting how?" said Kathy

"You know exactly what I mean. Here you are just engaged to be married to the sweetest guy in the whole world, whose going to be a big doctor and everything some day, and you're sitting at the bar flirting with some, some....I don't know, motorcycle gang guy."

"I wasn't flirting, just making casual conversation," said Kathy. "And how do you know he's in a motorcycle gang?"

"Pariahs? You think that's a literary society?"

"Oh, you're just overreacting. Talk to you later," as she moved to wait on a new table of four.

Kathy and Joni didn't get much chance to talk to each other during the rest of their shift. It was Friday night, their busiest night of the week, and they were both kept hustling to keep up with the flow of customers.

Finally, when their shift was over, the girls met again in the bar.

"Wow, $300 in tips for this shift." Kathy said. "Being busy has its benefits."

"Maybe it had something to do with you not wearing a bra tonight, Kathy," said Joni. "I saw a few old guys getting a pretty good look."

"Well, if that's all it takes..."

They sat down at the bar and got their usual margaritas.

"Uh oh," said Joni. "Here comes trouble."

Kathy found herself hoping she knew what Joni meant. Sure enough, as she looked up she saw Bo, moving through the door. He seemed so huge he almost had to turn sideways to get through.

He must have changed clothes after work this time, though. He was dressed in black slacks with a light grey long-sleeved shirt open at the collar. He had a thin gold chain around his neck, with the same horseshoe earring she had seen last night.

"Hi baby," he said to Kathy and he took the bar stool beside her. He totally ignored Joni, sitting only three feet away.

"Hi, Bo," said Kathy. "How was work today?"

"Another day, another dollar," he replied. "Bourbon. Rocks," he said to the bartender. "And another margarita for the lady."

"Thank you, Bo," she said. "You didn't have to do that."

"You ready to go?" he asked her.

"What?" said Joni. She couldn't help overhear, she was sitting right there.

"Not talking to you, bitch," said Bo.

Kathy hadn't made up her mind whether to go with him, not until that second, when Joni, with her one word question, started acting like she could tell her what to do. Like she was the big know it all when it came to dealing with men.

"I'm ready," Kathy said. She looked over at Joni with a smile and said, "Bye, Joni. Could you call Keith for me? We were just going to watch tv over at his house tonight. His Mom and Dad aren't at home for some reason, visiting some relatives I think. Could you just tell him I wasn't feeling well? I'll see him tomorrow."

They left Joni standing speechless at the bar. Walking out the door, Kathy struggled to keep her voice under control. She had never done anything like this.

"Which car is yours, Bo?" she asked, looking around the parking lot.

"Over here," he pointed to a five year old Dodge Challenger. Black, with black leather interior.

"I was expecting a Harley," said Kathy.

"Not tonight, baby. Left the bike at home. You'll have to try something else to get the feel of something powerful between your legs, honey."

Kathy ignored that comment as they got in. "Where are we going?"

"Private club, members only, other side of town," he said, turning the radio on.

In about fifteen minutes, they had arrived. After he parked the car, Kathy got out of her side and they walked up to what appeared to be an abandoned warehouse building. Kathy didn't know much about the nightspots in town, since she was usually away at school and only turned 21 this past year. And because Keith was underage, their usual date was a movie or maybe a concert or baseball game. She wondered for a moment what he was doing right now, and why in the world she was here. She put that out of her mind, though, thinking "a girl should be entitled to a fun night out every once in a while."

A guy at the door almost as big as Bo broke into a big smile as they approached. "Someone new tonight, buddy?" he asked as he faked a left jab at Bo's jaw.

"Stuff it, Ace," said Bo as they walked through the door, Bo's arm around Kathy's waist.

Kathy looked around the large room, crowded this Friday night. There was a long bar along the wall to their left, and tables and chairs were arranged randomly around the floor area, with an empty area in the middle, apparently for dancing.

Bo guided her to a table, and they sat down. A waitress came up. "Bourbon, rocks for you Bo?" she asked. Kathy looked at her. The waitress's tight tube top left little to the imagination. And her short ruffled skirt barely covered her ass, revealing red elastic panties beneath.

"Sure, Debbie."

"And for the lady?" Debbie asked.

"She'll have bourbon too. On the rocks." Bo ordered for Kathy. .

The drinks came and Bo raised his glass, "To adventure," he said. Kathy nodded, they clinked their glasses and she took a long sip of the fiery liquid.

Bo got up, offered Kathy his hand and said, "Time for some adventurous dancing, baby." Kathy took his hand and the moved to the dance floor. As a new song began with a slow, bluesy beat, he gathered her in his arms.

Kathy looked up at him. She was overwhelmed by his size and could feel the massive strength of his body, even though he wasn't squeezing her particularly tightly. Whenever she danced with Keith, he was always asking if he could hold her this way or that way, or apologizing for stepping on her toe. This guy didn't say a word, just enveloped her in his powerful arms, and began moving slowly with her to the beat.

Things continued this way for a couple of hours. A few close dances, then back to the table for a couple more drinks, then some more dancing. Kathy was adjusting to the taste of bourbon, and in the process she learned a little about this guy. He had been a Navy Seal, got married right after he was discharged. That didn't work out, with the marriage ending a little over four years later. After that, he had spent about four years just moving from town to town. Mechanics were always in demand, so he used the opportunity to see the country, usually spending six months or so in one place, then moving on. Got married again, settled down for a year, that didn't work out either. Moved here about a year ago, working for a couple of different motorcycle shops, and just got a job with the dealership down the road from the Sam Glance.

Kathy's own life experience seemed pretty skimpy compared to all that. What could she tell him, she thought? She'd gone to high school, then college, dated pretty much one guy the whole time, they'd probably get married some day.

Instead she just gazed at this man sitting across the table from her, his huge hands resting on the table, his shaved head glinting, his horseshoe earring winking at her in the soft light. And she took another long pull from her bourbon.

As another song begin, Bo extended his hand again to her and she once again melted in his arms in the dance floor This time both his arms were around her back, and both of hers around his neck as they slowly swayed together. He leaned down and his lips met hers in a warm kiss. Before she even knew it, she surprised herself by kissing him back. His hands moved lower down her back as he held the kiss, now his tongue probing her lips. With his hands beginning to caress her ass, he pulled her close to him, and she could feel his hard cock pressing against her.

"Omigod," she thought to herself. "This guy really wants me. Me."

Kathy let her lips open slightly under his pressure, and his tongue entered her mouth. A fleeting thought of her fiance crossed her mind. He could never know about any of this. That thought disappeared as Kathy felt Bo's hand caressing her breast now, and her nipple involuntary rose up to meet his touch.

"Bo, no. Everyone can see us out here," she said