Katy Ch. 01

Story Info
Backstory: how Katy ends up aboard the Raven.
1.4k words
4.08
65.8k
27

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 05/10/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
January85
January85
182 Followers

Orphaned at a young age, Katlyn had never really felt like she belonged. The orphanage preferred nice, plain, polite catholic girls, and try as she may to fit in, she never could. Her mother had been a pagan, and she could never shake her mother's promiscuous reputation.

In this day and age, a mother's crime was a daughter's legacy.

Katy was average height, and had, for someone of barely 18 years, a very shapely figure. She wasn't large, she was curvy. She had larger breasts than the other girls; her figure was a perfect hour glass with more shapely hips compared to the very plain, shapeless bodies of other girls. And her love of being outdoors and any type of physical activity (she loved to run and jump, anything that made her feel alive) had also left her slightly more formed and tighter than the other girls. She hated her mature figure, but it was difficult to hide.

She was young when she began to have men gawk at her, while she was walking down the street running errands for the Mothers at the orphanage, or playing in the church yard as men walked by. Many times the men would whistle, try to get her attention, and every so often even say something quite offensive. There was one man in particular, his name was John Brown, who was constantly coming by the church yard after drinking, and he said the vilest things to her. One time as she sat in church yard with a book, he came to the picket fence and, after staring for a while, said, "I bet you have that same honey blonde hair everywhere, don't you, darling? Up AND down stairs?" She blushed furiously and ran inside.

Young girls in the orphanage were visited weekly by the single men in the town, in the hopes of finding them a marriage. However, it was not a great quality of men that would choose to marry an orphan with no possessions or money, so Katy had often hid away or played sick on these days, knowing that her unfortunate figure might attract some poor, perverse middle aged man.

If a husband was not found, than one of two things would happen. One, a position would be found for the young lady in the orphanage, as a teacher, a nun, a cook, a housekeeper, ect. Or two, a husband would be chosen for her.

Katy had tried so hard to please the nuns, to be as polite and quiet as possible, she even tried to keep herself from any type of exercise, all in attempt to win a place of permanence in the orphanage. However, the nuns, the priest, the elders, and even the influential ladies in town, never seemed to be satisfied with her. So as two nuns approached her with folded arms and grim faces, she knew what was about to happen.

"Katelyn, your face is flush. Have you been running again? You know that is inappropriate for a young lady." Said Sister Mary

"Yes, Ma'am, I am sorry. I craved fresh air."

"Giving in to the cravings of your body leads to sin and a life devoid of virtues that please our Lord. Do you know what that type of life leads to?"

She knew exactly what was coming next, but she did not speak.

Sister Mary continued, "It leads to an eternity in hell, Katelyn."

"Yes, Ma'am" she whispered quietly. She hid her anger, but she knew every time they said this to her that they were sure that her mother had gone to hell.

"Well," started Sister Martha, "The Lord has proven his grace and mercy on this day. A man in the town has come seeking your hand in marriage, and we have approved and gave your consent. In a week, you will be married to Mr. John Brown."

John Brown. Katy couldn't breathe. Of all the wretched men in this wretched town, this was the most perverse, alcoholic, violent and despicable man that existed. The worst part was, as she felt her hopes for any future happiness shatter, she saw a quick smirk appear on Sister Martha's face, though it was quickly removed.

"Oh, I see" Katy thought, sadly, "They want me to be miserable, this is a punishment. They will doom me to a life of abuse and servitude to a man who I can never love or respect, and who will do god knows what to me in the dark hours of the night..." She began to cry.

------------------------------------------------

Katy hid under the loading dock before the sun rose, and she could hear the men above her carrying crates of supplies for the long voyage to America. All of her belongings fit into one small pouch, and half of its contents she had stolen a few hours before from the bed chambers of the nuns who had risen before the day began to pray.

If she could not find a way out of this place, then today would be her wedding day. She let that realization give her the strength to step out into the foggy morning air and inquire as to where the she could find the captain of the vessel. The sailor looked her up and down slowly, not even bothering to hide his lustful gaze. He led her to the captain's quarters aboard the Raven.

She was ushered in, and was shocked at the difference between this space compared to the ruggedness of the rest of the ship. It was a large room, the wooden deck was polished and had lavish, thick rugs scattered throughout. There was a sitting area, a large, four poster bed, a table and chairs, and a large desk at which the captain set.

"Sir?" she asked shyly

"What so you want?" He looked up, and there was a glimmer in his eyes, but he quickly composed himself, and looked her directly in the eyes.

"Well..." she quickly summed up her situation, her urgent need to get away, and her hope of starting a new life in America.

"I cannot take you if you cannot pay." He said sternly, but not cruelly.

"Sir, I can pay off my voyage with labor. I am a strong worker, I know I could work as hard as many of the men you have. Or I could clean, cook, serve... I can earn my wage. And if you do not feel that it is earned when we reach America, I will find a way to pay you, with interest, for as long as it takes to free of the debt. Please, sir, I beg you!" tears began to well in her eyes as desperation set in. If she went back to the orphanage now, she would be lashed for stealing, and they would tell her betrothed, and she was certain he would punish her for attempting to escape him.

"Ok, lass, I will allow it. However, do not expect to get off easy with payment... you will be forced to work hard for your passage."

Had she not have been overwhelmed with relief and surprise, she might have noticed the edge to his voice.

-----------------------------------------------

Katy was given a small corner in one of the supply rooms below deck. She slept huddled up in the corner with no blanket and ate only stale bread for three days. The captain had told her he would come get her when she was needed, and she was beginning to think that would never happen. He had warned her not to go on deck without him, because her presence would excite the men and he could promise her no safety. She was cold, hungry, alone, and terrified. Had he forgotten about her?

Finally, she heard the creaking overhead as the latch was opened and there was a man descending the ladder. She stiffened when she realized it has not the captain, until he said, "The captain has sent me to fetch you. Be quiet and walk quickly."

She realized it was dark as she was rushed into the captain's quarters.

"I have been too busy to attend to you, but things have slowed down and it is time you start repaying your debt." His smile was devious. There was a large metal bathing tub with steaming water in it near his table and chairs.

Suddenly Christa realized what he had meant by working hard to pay off her debt... and she froze with fear.

"I thought you might enjoy a bath, I'm sure you need to clean up. I expect you to clean yourself thoroughly before each of our meetings."

"Our... meetings?" she stammered.

January85
January85
182 Followers