Kitty Ch. 06: Epilogue

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic LiteroticaĀ® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A few eternal seconds later, they had slowed to a stop. The bath surface rested as he caught his breath and the girls trembled while recovering. They soon went lax against him and the three just soaked for a while under the candles. Each in their own similar afterglow fog of thought. The laptop continued its gentle supply of ambience as they started laughing. Laughing like loons.

- - - - -

Snow was falling against the window with innocent little clicks, the sky beyond dark. The computer on the table was the only source of light on in the house, showing a crackling fireplace with accompanying sound and gentle music still playing. Spencer was sitting in the middle of the couch in the living room area, watching the occasional vehicle roll by outside on its muffled course carrying someone to somewhere. Both Katherines were on either side with a head on each thigh. Kitty was fast asleep with an almost-grin on her small face within that thick bushy black hair. Katherine was struggling to keep her eyes slightly open to watch the fire dance on the screen. Spencer pet them both slowly. He realized that he hadn't thought anything for quite some time.

He stepped into his mental office to find only one note on the corkboard. He opened a drawer in the filing cabinet and regarded the folders marked "Adventures". A recently manifested document of potential trips and excursions to take. A lot of time to make up for, for their sake. He slid the drawer closed and observed the note pinned to the board. It was just an image of the test. If that was it... if this was all... things would be just fine. He stepped out of the office and closed the door with a click.

The virtual fireplace reflected in the four sleepy eyes watching it, and lit one steady tranquil smile as the playlist switched to the next song. Hearing Vashti Bunyan's tender coo over the gentle picking of guitar strings, Katherine eyes closed. She nestled her face into Spencer's leg and finally fell asleep. The light drifting whisperings flowed on;

"Dawn time mist begins reflecting light,

Waking sun will soon forget our night,

Love me through the day and I'll with you go,

Into summer and the next year's snow,

Into summer and the next year's snow..."

Spencer closed his eyes. Things would be just fine...

= The End =

12