Kline's War Ch. 00-01

Story Info
A spy thriller.
1.9k words
4.29
8.7k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Prologue

Sean Kline sat naked in a chair in the middle of a dark room. Actually he was strapped to the chair, his wrists and ankles were bound to the chair with leather straps. He looked around and wondered how long he had been here. The only light that entered the room was from the steel door whenever it opened. The room smelled like piss and he could hear the scurrying of rats around him. His brown hair was disheveled, and his beard was long and unkempt. He guessed he had been here months due to the length of his hair alone. His green eyes had sunk back into his head as he had lost quite a bit of weight since he'd been here. What used to be a sculpted body had turned wrinkly and weak. His skin was covered with lacerations and burn marks given to him by his captors. He spent his time slipping in and out of consciousness wondering when they would finally kill him. The number of drugs they had introduced into his system in hopes of gaining information had made his dreams even more lucid and frightening. He was about to slip away again when the steel door opened with a harsh metallic sound that made him wince. His eyes tried to adjust to the light, but he heard the voice before he saw the man.

"You ready to talk Sean?" The man asked.

"Cmon Scar you know the answer." Sean had decided to call this man Scar, not because of identifiable marks on his face, but because he was the only man who didn't have any. Sean had figured out this man was in charge, at least of his interrogation. The man was always clean, spoke English the best, carried a personalized sidearm, and was the only person allowed one on one access with him.

"Ah yes I suppose I do." Scar lit a cigarette as he spoke and offered one to Sean who just stared at him in response. Sean had used to smoke but had quit once captured after repeatedly refusing to take one from this mans pack. Scar put the pack back into his breast pocket and rolled up his sleeves.

"I still cant figure out what you were doing in Bogotá. I have a pretty good idea, you Americans are always sticking your noses in things that don't concern you, but I don't know for sure." Sean still just stared as Scar continued. "But of course you have a history of sticking your nose in places it shouldn't have been. Afghanistan for instance, you and your... amigos didn't fare so well." Scar had a tendency to insert Spanish words into sentences. Sean thought it was purely for dramatic effect. Sean's eyes flickered at what Scar had just said.

"Mike for instance didn't fare too well neither did David." Scar watched for an emotion to be betrayed across Sean's face, but got only nothing. Scar just shook his head and walked around the chair. He stopped and contemplated putting the cigarette out onto Sean's cheek, but decided against it. "Maybe later" he said to both Sean and himself. "Maybe later."

Scar walked out of the room and the steel door shut behind him with a loud clank. As Sean sat in the dark he thought about the names Scar had just listed. He had tried so hard to put them out of his head. A tear rolled down his sunken cheek and he slipped into unconsciousness.

I

Kandahar, Afghanistan 3 years earlier- 30 pounds for the plates he wore, 45 pounds in his ruck sack he wore, 15 pounds of ammo on his chest, and an 8 pound weapon. Sean endured all of this on a July day walking down the middle of the main road in Afghanistan's capitol city. He looked ahead of him and saw Lt. Schaffer looking at a map, just behind him was the radio man Spc. Smith. Sean walked exactly 15 meters behind them it was a technique he had learned at Fort Benning during his Infantry training, but it was ranger school that had perfected it and other techniques down to a science. For the last year he had been in the 75th Ranger Regiment, its modern claim to fame had been the firefight in Mogadishu that had been portrayed in Hollywood's Black Hawk Down. He had risen up to the rank of Sergeant fairly quickly and was now in charge of a fire team which included Mike Matowski, and David Wells. Mike was his best friend in the unit and both were thrilled with the position he was in. David was another of Sean's buddies, and when they were back in the states the three of them would go out to a bar and get incredibly drunk and end up fighting somebody if not each other. Behind Sean's fire team was Staff Sergeant Wilks' team. Today their squad was doing a patrol through the city to speak to some of the elders. The Lt motioned for everyone to take a knee and pull security.

The Lt looked down at his map and appeared to be speaking to Smith as to what to relay up to command. As Smith handed the radio's hand set to the LT a shot rang out. Sean and Wilks started yelling to their men to return fire. In the first minute nothing but gunfire could be heard. Sean looked at the Lt's body laying on the ground Smith was dragging him to the closest building. Seans team followed him into the building and secured the first floor, as Wilks took his team upstairs and set up their guns to overlook the street. The rangers stopped firing and everything went quiet. Aside from the sniper's bullet that had killed the Lt no other rounds had been fired other than the rangers.

All of the sudden bits of concrete spat up around Sean, as the sound of automatic gunfire erupted throughout the city. They had walked right into a hornets nest. The building rocked when an RPG slammed into the second story.

"Mike go check em." Sean yelled over the ranger's incredible return volley of fire. Mike ran up the stairs and came back down carrying Wilks over one shoulder. Mike sat him down and put a tourniquet around the stump where his left leg used to be. Mike looked at him and shook his head solemnly. Wilks was the only one from his team left alive and they were losing him.

"Smith get me the radio." Sean barked as the Specialist ran over to him set the radio down and returned fire. Sean reloaded his rifle before picking up the hand set.

"Sable Mike, Sable Mike, this is Sable 5. Sable 1 is KIA, Sable 2 is urgent surgical. 3 more soldiers KIA. Grid location Mike Yankee 45380274. Multiple foot mobiles with automatic weapons and RPGs. Requesting QRF, and close air support. Marking our location with IR beacon." Sean released the key on the hand set. "Mike get an IR beacon on the roof." Mike nodded and ran up the stairs and came back down just as the radio came to life.

"Sable 5 this is Sable Mike, QRF and CAS are enroute ETA 10 mikes." Sean swore as he acknowledged. They had four men left that could fight and one wounded that couldn't help at all. As Sean handed the mike back to Smith, Smith caught a burst of rounds under his arm pit. Smith lurched forward and bled to death in Seans arms dropping the number of men left to three. Sean lifted his rifle up and shot a fighter in the chest with a three round burst. With as much as was going on around him this was the first time he had fired his weapon at a specific target.

"We got ten minutes guys." Sean said to the dismay his two soldiers. "Start throwing em everything we've got." Sean yelled as he pulled the pin from a grenade and threw it into a window across the street. When it exploded the wall burst outwards.

"Fuck Im hit!" David yelled. Sean looked back at him and saw a growing patch of red just above David's right elbow.

"You'll be alright man." Sean yelled back with a steady voice. A fighter came running into the room and sprayed at them. Sean fired three rounds into the mans chest and watched him drop. They were getting overrun, and using up their ammo. Sean looked at Mike and David who had all come to the same realization. Mike just kept firing his SAW, David plopped grenades into the buildings with his under barrel launcher, and Sean kept firing into the bodies of fighters until they dropped.

With a deafening thud an RPG came through a window and slammed against the back wall. The world went black for Sean, but as quickly as it had gone black color returned, fighters came pouring into the room. Sean looked for his rifle but it had been blown away from him. He looked up and saw Mike swinging and kicking as a group of fighters overpowered him. David was being carried away. 'Not this' Sean thought to himself. He looked to his left to see an Afghan man beating in Wilks' head with a rock. Sean tried to stand but could not, and soon felt hands grabbing him. He looked up to see the stock of an AK-47 coming towards his head. His world went black one more time.

Sean woke up to the bouncing of the pickup truck. He looked around and saw Mike and David laying next to him both wearing the traditional Afghan garb. They both seemed to be alive. He looked up and made eye contact with what looked to be a sheep herder judging by the mans staff. Before he knew it though the mans staff sent him into another deep sleep.

The next time he woke up Mike and David were already sitting up. Sean looked around and only saw rocks. The three of them were stuck in a cave with only one opening and that was guarded by two men. The fact that they weren't tied up meant they were probably in a larger system of caves, or that they would soon be killed. He looked at Mike and David and just nodded.

"Were pretty fucked huh?" David asked as usual acting as if nothing was wrong.

"Ya well you know how this ends right?" Sean asked

"They kill us or we escape." David said

"No rescue." Mike answered back. It was true enough of all the soldiers that went missing up in the hills only one had been rescued, and that was only after evading the fighters for weeks.

"Right" Sean said "They're probably gunna transport us to another place before they kill us, so the best time to escape would be during that time. Or if we hear some choppers... that'd be nice to." Sean said with a smirk. Sean imagined everything that was going on now up the chain of command. It would be a nightmare. A squad of rangers wiped out one carted in front of cameras with his head bashed in from a rock, and three taken captive. No doubt searches had begun, but with the system of caves, they were unlikely to be found.

"Lets just get some sleep and well talk more tomorrow." Sean said not realizing how short of a time they had to act. With that the three men tried to sleep as best they could not admitting to each other how terrified they were.