Lady in Red Pt. 02 Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's always good to see you both, and I'm glad there aren't any reporters sneaking around here. You know Nadiya. I'd like to introduce Janice Prince and Sybil Burke. They've been assigned to watch out for me while I'm recuperating."

"We saw how well they helped you that day you stopped that woman from killing Senator Chatham's daughter," responded Cynthia Rosen. "I've got to tell you that we've never been as proud of a friendship as we are with being friends with Gwen and you. Vince and I both want it to continue long after the election, regardless of the outcome. You make us want to be better, more understanding, helpful, and disciplined. You and Gwen have restored the country's faith that honor, integrity, and honesty can benefit individuals and businesses."

"Thanks, Cynthia, but I think you might be stretching things more than a little," replied Steve. "I'll admit that Gwen is incredible. I marvel at her beauty, talent, and brains. She's the one that sets our course. I just try to keep up with her."

"That's the other thing that appeals so much to the nation," laughed Cynthia Rosen. "Your modesty is so endearing! You don't posture, strut, or brag. You just do what you feel is best. It's been a long time since we've had public figures like you two, if ever."

"You're going to embarrass him," chuckled Vince Rosen as he watched Steve fidget under Cynthia's praise. "We just wanted to be stop in and tell you that we wish you a speedy recovery and to thank you for your service to your country and to your community. You make us proud."

Nadiya kissed Steve again and left with the Rosens. Once they were out of sight, Janice finally spoke. "You've had the sitting president, vice president, and all kinds of senators and members of congress visit you in the last week. Now what could well be the next president of the United States just stopped in! They all call you by your first name and treat you like a friend. Do you have any idea how amazing that is?"

"Don't make too much out of it," answered Steve. "We're still the same people we always were. It's nice to be friendly with important people, but being friends with people like both of you is the most satisfying feeling there is. We identify with folks that do their work and try to be good citizens. That's most of the people in the country. Gwen and I are just two of many."

"You really believe that, don't you?" marveled Sybil. "In the short time we've been with you guys, we've seen enough to know that you're no average couple! Everything you both do is better, harder, more dangerous, more everything than what everyone else does. I didn't believe the things I heard about you before we met, but now I realize that don't begin to do you justice."

The following morning, Steve was slowly walking in the hall with Janice when Sybil found them. "It looks like our patient is doing better! Thanks for taking the night shift, Janice. Go catch some sleep. I'll keep my eye on the guy."

"I bet you will!" laughed Janice. "I'd love to stay but I need a shower and a good sleep. I'll be back this afternoon."

Just after Janice left, an older, somewhat gruff nurse stopped Steve and Sybil as they slowly walked back from the cafeteria. "There's some guy named King or something on the phone that wants to talk to you. I didn't quite get the whole name. It's on line three."

Confused, Steve glanced at Sybil and then shrugged before picking up a phone from the nurse's station and hitting number three. Sybil stepped back to allow privacy, but she was too curious to go far enough to not hear the conversation.

"Hello?" began Steve. "Hey, Your Royal Highness! It's great to hear from you! Okay, I won't call you that. I'm feeling much better. Well, thank you, and thank The Duchess as well. She's very kind. Maybe we can get together for the holidays or something? Gwen would love that! Let's make it happen. Are you kidding? She'll make the arrangements. Gwen loves hanging with you guys and we love kids, so that's no problem. Okay, see you then, and thanks. Take care of your family."

Steve returned the phone to its cradle and turned to rejoin a flabbergasted Sybil. "Would I be correct in assuming that you just chatted with the Prince?"

"He prefers 'William' to titles and formalities. If you manage to hang on to your job and don't piss off Gwen, you just might be our security if we're able to work out some vacation time with the Duke and Duchess," teased Steve.

On Friday, ten days after his showdown on a Pennsylvania highway, Sybil and Janice drove Steve back to Washington. He was discharged that morning with instructions about continuing antibiotics and keeping his rapidly healing wounds clean.

Steve had insisted that since Sybil and Janice were already on site, there was no reason for anyone else to travel to Philly just to ride back to Washington with him. He managed to leave the hospital without any fanfare. Since the press did not know that he left the hospital, there were none waiting at his hotel when he arrived Friday afternoon.

He was tired from the trip and excused himself to go to his suite to take a short nap. It was almost five when he awoke. Feeling like he hadn't been clean in weeks, he took a shower. As he was drying, he decided to soak for a while in the large hot tub in his suite. He was once again nodding off when he heard voices.

"You're in the hot tub alone? You could drown or something. Gwen would never forgive me," laughed Naomi as she peeled her clothes off and stepped into the tub and sat down next to Steve. "Don't you feel a lot safer now?"

"Truthfully? I feel like I'm in great danger," replied Steve with a straight face.

"You're in danger of getting a big old erection," shot back Naomi as she kissed Steve's cheek. "But that's okay. I always feel flattered when you do."

"Steve! I'm so glad you're back and healing up," greeted Kate from the doorway. "I hope there's room for me in there with Naomi's big ass taking up so much space."

Soon Kate was naked and sitting on the other side of Steve from Naomi. "Janice and Sybil were out in the foyer with their eyes as big as saucers when I got here. I don't know if was because Naomi got naked and jumped in with you, or if they were spying on you before Naomi got here. Naomi and I left our security detail out in the foyer with them."

"We had to be sure that he was in safe hands," explained Janice from the doorway. "This must be some of that sexual harassment we were warned about. We're keeping an eye on Steve and now it appears he's in a lot of danger. Maybe I should call Gwen and ask her about this."

"If you get her, put her on speaker," stated Naomi. "I want to talk with her anyway."

"I'm serious," "insisted Janice. "I'm calling her right now if you don't leave. I'm supposed to watch out for her interests."

"Please do call her," chuckled Naomi. "This should be interesting."

"Gwen?" spoke Janice into her phone. "He's okay, except your sister, Kate, and Naomi are both naked and in the hot tub with him. Now Naomi's sitting on his lap and pressing her breasts against him! Okay, I'll put you on speaker and put the phone on the edge of the tub."

Showing an evil smile, Janice placed the phone near Steve's side and stepped back to watch the train wreck.

"Hello, Gwen. Steve's wounds are healing pretty well. I find if I rub my nipples over them, they heal even faster. No need to thank me. I'm glad to help," offered Naomi.

"She's right, Sis. I'm getting out of the tub and rubbing my nipples all over his back wound, and I think I'm getting a response. It's really quite impressive," deadpanned Kate.

"I'm sure you both are," laughed Gwen. "Steve, are you in much pain? How's your heart rate? Is the 'massage' you're getting helping at all?"

"I don't know about that. In a way it feels pretty good, but I'm getting light headed. Maybe I lost more blood than I realized," replied Steve in what he thought sounded like a concerned tone.

"I'm afraid it's simply traveled to a different head," suggested Gwen with a giggle. "I think you all should know that I've authorized Janice and Sybil to shoot any of the usual suspects that may be trying to get too familiar with my guy."

"Sis! You've got to be kidding. Janice is sitting right here with her giant knockers resting in Steve's face! He's even..."

"I am not!" broke in Janice forcefully. "I'm fully clothed and conducting myself in an appropriate manner."

"Really, Janice?" questioned Kate. "Don't you think it would be more appropriate if you were rubbing those big hooters all over Steve's face and helping him to forget his pain?"

"Well, since you put it that way," grinned Janice.

"Leave your clothes on!" ordered Gwen. "I don't think Steve's healthy enough to have Kate, Naomi, and you topless and rubbing against him. His heart would probably stop from lack of blood."

"If my mother could hear this conversation, she'd be wishing she kept that sexual harassment clause in effect," observed Sybil from the far side of the room.

"Naomi, how does Steve's abdomen look?" asked Gwen. "Is the wound healing properly?"

"To be honest, Steve hasn't allowed anyone so much as a peek at it. It's below the waterline, if you know what I mean," responded Naomi.

"Steve, please get a picture of the bullet wound in your abdomen and text it to me," insisted Gwen. "I want to be sure it's healing."

"Gwen, can't you fly into D.C. for the weekend? You could give me a complete physical then," argued Steve, but with a big grin.

"Just send me a picture, you big baby," replied Gwen. "I told you that I'm assisting at a surgery tomorrow afternoon and can't miss it.

"Naomi, just have him stand up and take the picture. I want to be sure he's healing okay," persisted Gwen.

"Okay. You heard her, Steve. Let me get my phone. Then you'll stand and I'll get a good close up," promised Naomi.

"I think I'd like Sybil to take the picture," announced Gwen suddenly. "She's a professional and won't be drooling all over my guy like Naomi and Kate will."

"M..m..me?" asked Sybil. "I'm not very good with my phone. Maybe you should have Janice take it. She uses hers all of the time."

"Gwen said for you to take it," insisted Kate. "You're getting paid to follow orders, so get over here and get some pictures."

"I don't know. The hot water might steam up the lens or something. How close do I have to get?"

"He'll probably have a hard on after Kate and I rubbed him with our bountiful breasts, so just move it to the side with one hand and snap the picture with the other," instructed Naomi.

"You mean an erection? You expect me to push it to the side to take the picture? I've never done that before. Oh, okay, I'll do it," agreed Sybil as she moved close to the tub.

"Just get on your knees so you'll be eye level when Steve stands up," urged Kate. "Hold the camera in one hand and have the other one ready to slide that big cock away from the wound, okay?"

Sybil simply nodded as she carefully kneeled down and held her phone in one hand while she waited for Steve to stand. She held the position for half a minute before she turned to look at the other women. She gasped when she saw Janice had Kate's phone camera pointed at her. That's when the other women broke into gales of laughter.

Sybil blushed a bright red and quickly stood up. As she turned toward Janice, her pivot foot slipped on the wet tile and she went over backwards into the tub! Steve reached down and lifted her head and face out of the water. The other women now had tears running down their cheeks.

Sybil had managed to hold her phone above the water when she fell in. She continued to hold the phone high above the surface as she struggled to get out of the tub. By the time she was back standing on the floor, Naomi had wrapped a towel around her shoulders while Kate started running another towel through her wet hair.

"What just happened?" demanded Gwen over the speaker."Did Steve actually stand up, or did Sybil get into the tub?"

"We'll send you the video," promised Janice. "Sybil fell for the whole thing, hook, line, and sinker, but when she finally realized we'd punked her, she tried to come after me. Her foot slipped out from under her and she fell into the tub with Steve. Now she's soaking wet and Naomi and Kate are drying her off. I'd post it on YouTube if Kate and Naomi weren't naked."

"Sybil? Are you upset with us?" asked Gwen. "It was all in good fun. I knew you'd love to see Steve naked, so I schemed with the other girls to get you into that position."

Sybil was blushing and smiling at the same time. "I can take a joke. You really got me good with that one. I had no idea that you were setting me up. I guess I was trying to prepare myself for sliding that big unit over with one hand while I took the picture with the other. I never noticed that Janice was videoing the whole thing. I bet I looked like a complete fool!"

"It wasn't too bad, at least not until you fell into the tub," laughed Janice. "Wait until your mom sees this. Her top field agent trying to take close ups of her client's package! And she was worried that we'd be sexually harassed. That's so funny."

"You won't be showing that to my mom!" stated Sybil firmly.

"The video is on Kate's phone. Mine is still by the tub so Gwen can hear us," pointed out Janice. "If that video ever gets out, no one will be able to blame me."

"Okay, Ladies. That was fun, but I'm turning into a prune. How about some privacy so I can get dressed. Then we'll go downstairs for some dinner. I've lived on hospital food too long already," complained Steve.

Ashley and her security agent joined the rest of the group at dinner. "Okay, what happened? You guys are like a bunch of teenage girls. Why all of the giggles?"

Much to Sybil's dismay, Kate pulled the video up on her phone and passed it to Ashley. Even without being able to see the video, Janice, Kate, and Naomi once again broke into laughter as they listened to the recording.

"I thought Kate had taken it too far and Sybil would know something was up when she told Sybil to 'slide that big cock away from the wound'. But Sybil just nodded, held the phone in her left hand, and waited," laughed Janice.

Ashley and the other security women were laughing hysterically as they replayed the video several times.

"Now we discover that our 'Ice Queen' boss was on her knees waiting to slide Steve's cock to the side to take a picture!" laughed the woman assigned to Ashley. "Mallory is always stressing appropriate, professional behavior. Now we have a video of Sybil kneeling and waiting for a hard cock!"

"In my defense, that sounds a lot worse than the reality was," insisted Sybil. "I was just following orders."

"Was that the first time you've ever been on your knees in front of a man?" asked Janice as laughter once again rang out.

"I'm not even going to respond to that catty remark," replied Sybil. "I will say, however, that I'm supposed to be sure that Steve is safe and his health is improving. I will certainly do whatever is required to achieve that objective."

"Did she just say she'd blow Steve if he wanted her to?" asked Kate as even more laughter erupted around the table.

"I never realized that women are even raunchier than sailors when a bunch of them get together," observed Steve. "You should stop giving Sybil such a hard time."

"There's that word again!" laughed Naomi. "Is it okay if Steve gives you a 'hard time', Sybil?"

"She wishes!" added Janice as she wiped the tears of laughter from her eyes.

"Ladies, let's find another subject to discuss. It seems like no matter that anyone says, you make it into a sexual inference. Let's talk about weather or politics," suggested Steve.

"I can do that," acknowledged Ashley. "Gwen is miles ahead in all of the polls. She should get re-elected in a landslide."

"I thought she just got elected last year and all representatives serve two year terms. Can you tell me why she has to run again this year?" asked Sybil, grateful that the topic of conversation had been changed.

"True, but Gwen won a special election because the Congresswoman Blake resigned to start campaigning for the senate. All members of Congress are up for election every even numbered year, for two year terms. Every four years is a presidential election, like this year.

"Gwen is on the ballot this time around, so we don't have to depend on write-ins. She refuses to campaign, or even spend any money on getting re-elected, but she's been doing so many things and getting so much good press that she's managed to gain a huge lead on the two major party candidates," concluded Ashley.

Steve had been told to rest and recuperate the rest of the month. He quickly regained his strength. He flew to Sanford and spent a couple of weeks with Gwen. Nadiya and Hans joined them for a weekend and they toured San Francisco.

Steve was surprised at how grueling Gwen's schedule was and how little free time she was able to find to spend with him. It increased his appreciation of her discipline and tenacity in her desire to become a doctor.

Steve was scheduled to return to Washington and Senator Chatham's office on the first Monday in October. Stephanie called him on the Wednesday before he left California. She was working on publicity for the movies that Lady in Red would be releasing soon.

"Steve, I have you, Naomi, Pete, and Becky scheduled for the night show on NBS Friday night. Pete is a total novice, but Becky, Naomi, and you are pretty savvy with PR. I held out until they promised that you four would be on the entire show, with no other guests. I have you booked on a commercial flight tomorrow afternoon. The Red Lady is in Washington with Lisa and Jason. Maybe we need to buy a second aircraft?

"Tell Gwen that I'm sorry to pull you away from her warm bed and hot body, but business calls. I'll email you the details for your flight. In case you haven't figured it out, you guys will be promoting 'Singlehandedly' which will be opening the following weekend. It turned out quite well. Of course Naomi and you put a lot of sizzle in that love scene. You can expect to be asked about that."

The next afternoon saw Steve in uniform and sitting in first class with a stewardess fawning over him when a woman wearing Marine fatigues approached him from the coach area. Steve looked up at her from his seat and noticed that another Marine was with her, and he was taking video.

"Lieutenant, the Marine Corps Ball will be on December 10th and I'm asking if you would be my escort? I realize you have a beautiful girlfriend, but I just had to ask."

Steve smiled as he looked at the nervous woman. "Is the Marine that's recording your request your boyfriend or husband?" asked Steve. "I certainly don't want to have a jealous Marine after me."

"He's my brother. We're both going home on leave. We've been overseas and haven't been home in almost a year," replied the woman as she watched Steve's face for his reaction.

"Is he going to the Ball?" quizzed Steve.

"Kyle? He doesn't have a date, and no real prospects," answered the woman.

"Then I'll tell you what. If you can talk your brother into escorting my girlfriend to the affair, you and I will have a date," replied Steve. "Do you think you can convince him?"

"Are you kidding?" laughed the woman. "I don't have to ask him. The other guys in his unit would kick his ass if he turned that offer down. Gwen Anderson won't mind going with a black man?"

"Wrong question," responded Steve immediately. "Your brother is a United States Marine. You're not suggesting that women are not safe around Marines, are you? Gwen and I would be delighted to attend the Ball with two Marines, not white Marines or black Marines, but Marines.

"I'll give you my contact information. We'll make plans next week. I want to thank you for thinking of me, and thank your brother for agreeing to escort Gwen. We'll both be proud to be seen with Marines," stated Steve with a big smile. "What is your name, by the way?"