Late Shift Ch. 01

Story Info
Quiet night in ER is livened up by Colin Farrell.
1.8k words
4.48
28.3k
2

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/11/2003
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Shannon sighed as her beeper chirped. She was hoping that things would stay quiet in the ER until her relief came, but it seemed that was not to be. All she wanted to do was put this last hour in and head down to the nearby pub, Code Blue, for a quick drink. She hear rumors that her favorite actor, Colin Farrell, had been frequenting the establishment practically every night since shooting on his new film had begun. Just as she was slipping her lab coat on, the door to the lounge swung open and Cassie stuck her head in. Cassie was the ER charge nurse, and one of the few people Shannon felt comfortable enough with to share her little passion for the Irish hottie with. They had discussed at length what they would love to do with Colin if they ever had the chance.

"You will not, and I repeat, not believe who was just brought into bay 2. I think you'll be wanting to run a comb through your hair..."

Shannon grabbed the brush from the ledge. Now who could possibly be there? Maybe that cute paramedic she had met last week...

"This better be damn good, Cassie. My week off starts in 1 hour, and I don't wanna be here all night!"

Not to worry, looks like a simple lac, probably won't take you more than 5 minutes."

"Then why the hell don't you do it? Surely you don't need a PA to do a simple suturing job."

Cassie grinned. "Well, I think you better take a look at the patient. Seriously."

Shannon slipped her long auburn curls back into a messy ponytail and followed Cassie out of the lounge. As she passed the nurse's station she grabbed the chart and flung the door to bay 2 open.

The chart clattered to the floor when she realized whom the brown haired man sitting on the litter holding a towel and ice to his head was. Cassie was right behind Shannon.

"Oh, damn, I'm sorry."

She bent down to retrieve the clipboard and papers, glaring at Cassie who was having trouble containing her laughter. She could at least have given her a hint that the man who was the center of all her latest sexual fantasies was waiting in the bay.

"Everything all right down there, ladies?"

Shannon shivered at the sound of that sexy voice.

"I'm so sorry, Mr. Farrell. My name is Shannon Neumann, and I'm a physician's assistant."

Colin took a good look at the very attractive woman standing beside the litter he was reclining on.

"Pleased to meet you, Shannon. Call me Colin, okay? Although I can honestly say I wish I was meeting you in far different circumstances."

Shannon felt a thrill running through her. He was so damn good looking on the screen, but up close...careful now...stay professional...

"Let's have a look here." She leaned forward, taking Colin's face in her hands and tilting it down so she could examine the cut closer.

"A small laceration, shouldn't take more than 5 or 6 stitches to close."

She stood back, smiling at Colin. "Dare I ask how this happened?"

"Well, we were shooting a fight scene, and I simply stepped in when I should have stepped back, and a prop chair winged me."

"No dizziness? Didn't pass out? Didn't get knocked out?"

Colin shook his head as he watched her slip out of her lab coat. Her old green scrubs fit her like a glove, and Colin, not one to pass up an opportunity to look at a pretty girl, was admiring her curvy shape. She and Cassie quickly assembled the equipment needed to take care of the wound. Cassie noticed how Colin ogled her friend. Good, she thought, Shannon needs a bit of a fling...

Shannon carefully tended to the small laceration near the scalp, gently cleaning then suturing the wound.

Even though it was a bit painful, Colin couldn't take his eyes off this woman. He took every chance he could to peer down the low scrub top she wore. So intrigued was he by the soft swell of her breasts he didn't even hear her when she said she was finished with the cut and was sending him to have an x-ray just to be safe.

"Colin? Did you hear me? I'm sending you for an x-ray."

He nodded gingerly. "Sorry, I was a bit distracted there for a minute."

Cassie had to turn away; afraid she'd laugh out loud if she looked at Colin. "Colin, please excuse us for a moment. We'll be taking you to x-ray momentarily."

Colin settled back on the litter and closed his eyes.

Once they were safely out of earshot and in the nurse's station, Shannon playfully slapped Cassie's arm.

"You could have at least warned me, damn it!"

Cassie laughed, rubbing her arm and feigning pain. "I think my arm is broken. Then you throw the chart on the floor...you crack me up."

Shannon sat down and started the paperwork on the chart. "Jaysus, is he the hottest thing or what?"

Cassie nodded. "Yup, and I think he likes you too. I noticed he was stripping you with his eyes..."

"You're looking for another slap, I see."

"Listen, the man couldn't keep his eyes off your rack, woman. Don't be stupid; take advantage of this meeting. After all, there's nothing better than a grateful patient..."

Shannon shooed her out of the station. "Go, take the man to x-ray, and do not molest him on the way."

After a short protest, Colin sat in the wheelchair Carrie brought. She wheeled him through the quiet hallway to x-ray.

"Say, mind if I ask you a question?"

Carrie shook her head. "Not at all. Shoot."

"You and Shannon, you're friends, right? Or do you just work together?"

"We're friends, why do you ask?"

Colin turned a bit to look at her. "So, will you tell me a bit about her? I don't mean in depth stuff, just oh, you know..."

She smiled. "Well, Shannon's a PA, divorced, no children, worked here for the last 5 years..."

"Boyfriend?"

Colin was right to the point.

"No, not at the present."

"Good. That means she has no reason to refuse my request."

Carrie dropped him off at the x-ray department and hurried back to the ER.

It took about 30 minutes for the x-ray to be done and developed. Shannon's relief had arrived, so she took the opportunity to change into her jeans and T-shirt while she listened to Carrie repeat the conversation between her and Colin.

"So, I think he's gonna ask you out. Oh please, please, if you bang that man, videotape it so we can all see it!!"

Shannon patted her friend on the back. "You'll be the first to know..."

A knock on the door interrupted them. One of the other nurses let them know Colin was back and the x-rays were on the view box.

Shannon stepped into the bay. Colin could only stare at her as she looked at the x-rays. Her hair was down now, all soft auburn curls that hung halfway down her back. That shirt fit her a bit too well, and that ass...Colin shifted uncomfortably on the litter.

"The good news is, no fractures. You'll have a bit of a bump for a day or two, and you'll have to come back in 7 days to get the sutures out."

Colin sat up, his legs dangling over the side of the litter.

"I can prescribe something for pain, if you like."

Colin shook his head. "No thanks, I have liquid painkiller I call Guinness if I need it." His smile beamed.

She stepped closer to the litter, reaching out to push his hair back from the cut. "I've put liquid bandage over the wound, so it won't need a bulky dressing. Your makeup department will be able to hide it, I'm sure."

Colin reached up and gently took Shannon's hand. "I take it you're off duty now?"

She nodded. He raised her hand to his lips and pressed them gently against it. "Let me buy you a late dinner?"

She swallowed hard, trying to find her voice. "That would be lovely, but you really should get some rest..."

He reached up and pulled her face to his. His lips found hers, a light but persuasive kiss.

"On the other hand, food would be good..."

He insisted she ride with him in the car provided by the studio. They drove back to the set, chatting, Colin drawing Shannon out about her background and profession. She found herself very comfortable with him, and didn't mind at all that he kept his arm draped around her shoulders.

Once at the set, he took her by the hand and led her to his dressing rooms. She sat quietly on the couch while Colin changed his clothes, entertaining a string of people who were concerned for him and the shooting schedule. He was polite, introducing her to each one. The director had thanked her profusely for her nearly invisible repair work. Finally they were alone in the dressing room, and Colin was finished dressing. He looked great in his dark green long-sleeved tee and faded jeans.

Shannon didn't resist when Colin took her hands and pulled her to her feet and into his arms.

"Does the doctor have any rules about this then?"

Shannon softly sighed. "No, nothing I can think of..."

He kissed her lightly.

"But, I'm not a doctor, merely a PA..."

His mouth captured hers in a deep, searing kiss. His tongue slipped over her lips, then explored the depths of her mouth. She responded first by yielding, then returning the kiss with her own building passion. His fingers tangled in her curls as he melded his body to hers.

He could feel the heat between them as her breasts pressed against his chest. Colin trailed kisses over her cheek, then down her neck. He wasn't sure what was happening, but Shannon was causing him a turmoil he hadn't experienced for a while. His cock strained at the fabric of his jeans; dammit, but those soft little moans of hers weren't helping matters...

Shannon's breathing was rapid and her legs shaky when the kiss finally ended. She realized her panties were damp, and her nipples were achingly hard.

Colin kissed her ear. "Lass, I'm not sure, but damn, if we don't leave now, we won't be leaving for a while..."

Shannon leaned back a bit, shaking her head. "You're right, we won't. So, we better go with the original plan, the late dinner thing. That is, unless you have a better plan..."

His mind was screaming. Hell yes he had a better plan. He wanted nothing more than to tease this woman with his lips and fingers until she begged him to please her! Not to mention how much he wanted to bury his face in her pussy closely followed by his raging cock!

He playfully nipped her earlobe. "I'm going to do the gentlemanly thing here and take you to dinner. But don't think I'll forget where we left off..."

It was Colin's turn to gasp when Shannon's hand dropped to the front of his jeans and stroked his cock through the material.

"I won't let you forget..."