Leader of the Pack Ch. 11

Story Info
Rafe gets Aislinn.
6.8k words
4.77
114.4k
65

Part 11 of the 26 part series

Updated 10/20/2022
Created 11/16/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
secretme
secretme
3,475 Followers

For the most part Sarah and Keith had been supporting Aislinn being in the pack because Cullen so obviously wanted her there. He was the alpha and if he wanted this non-lycan outsider then whether they thought it was a good idea or not Keith and Sarah backed him. He so rarely asked the pack to just do something because he said so. Besides, she seemed to make him happy and they were his friends.

Sarah and Keith had heard the edited version of Aislinn's story from Cullen during the elders' meeting. But hearing the detailed version from her own lips was much more compelling. They found themselves feeling for her and actually wanting to help.

Brinah's eyes were wide and she looked as though she may cry. Aislinn tried to gloss over some things but Brinah seemed to have an innate sense of when she was skipping ahead and forced the extra information out. The only thing she was able to keep from her grandmother was the fact that Rafe had done something to 'change' her. She just couldn't bring herself to let her grandmother know how different things really were. She knew that her grandmother was looking for a way to bring her home. Brinah was shaking her head and looking scared when the entire rendition from Rafe creating his own Circle to his obsession with Aislinn and now finding the standing stones was finished.

Brinah let all her air out as if she hadn't breathed for the past hour. "You are all in a great deal more danger than you have any idea. I suppose," she said in a defeated tone, "I would be talking to air if I suggested that you abandon this place and take shelter somewhere far away."

Cullen growled at that. "We're not druids. We don't run and hide."

Brinah looked at him with fear painted in every feature on his face. "Then you're all going to be killed."

***

Ranaild entered the lobby of Madadh-Allaidh Saobhaidh. He felt like his life was coming to an end. To some extent he figured that one way or another he would be dead. Either Rafe would kill him or Cullen would kill him. Hell Aislinn was rumored to have closet fighting abilities. Maybe she would kill him. Any way it happened he would probably be dead by the end of this. He may even have to kill himself if he couldn't find a way out. He had done his best to avoid harming anyone. But with the dagger coated in his mate's blood tucked into the back of his jeans to give him the strength to go through with his assignment he headed for the elevator, inserted his key, and hit the button for the 13th floor.

As the elevator proceeded up the elevator stopped at the 3rd floor and a human couple stared at the stormy faced lycan in the elevator. One look at the man had them deciding to wait for the next one.

When the elevator finished its agonizing ascent to the main floor of the den Ranaild nearly vomited on the floor. He walked into the great room. Everyone who saw him got out of his way. They didn't know why Raniald was upset, but he wasn't a lycan to mess with when he was angry. He was one of Cullen's best men and a pack elder. They assumed that whatever the problem was, it would be above their heads. No one even asked what was wrong.

Ranaild asked an omega where Cullen and Aislinn were. When he was told that they were in an office meeting, just down the hall, he decided to take a seat and wait. He just needed an opportunity.

***

Cullen stared at Brinah with angry fire. "I don't accept that as an option."

Brinah glared right back. "Then you're a fool."

"The druids were never so powerful that what you're suggesting could be possible." Cullen was speaking with a deadly calm and his features had taken on the stony look he got when dealing when someone he was trying to intimidate and control. Brinah was unimpressed by Cullen's appearance. That all by itself was impressive. But it reminded Cullen of Aislinn's firey attitude and softened his opinion of Brinah slightly.

"We've told you why we brought you here. Now you need to tell us what you know about Rafe and what we can do about his mind altering coach. Then if you don't want to stick around and find out how it'll turn out that's your call."

Brinah's eyes narrowed. "I find it interesting that Aislinn did all the talking and the story was for the most part hers, for years, before you all came into the picture, accidentally. It's interesting that you seem to count her as one of you. If anything she's a watered down druid. Not a lycan."

"That doesn't change the fact that Rafe is trying to take a piece of my territory. Stop trying to alter the subject. I'm getting the impression that you may not be able to be as helpful as you originally seemed to indicate. If the only reason you told us you could help was so you could come here and attempt to take her home with you I'm afraid you'll find that Rafe is more intent on getting his hands on her than you understand and you'd be risking both your lives leaving. Your presence here now negates the possibility of your leaving without the danger of him following you."

Aislinn found Cullen's calm strange to watch. He was always so passionate with her it was as though he was another person. She didn't like the way her grandmother and Cullen were arguing. "That's enough both of you. Grandma you said you could help us make something."

Brinah looked at her granddaughter. Her eyes were searching Aislinn's. Cullen wasn't the only one referring to her as being with them. She was afraid she had permanently lost her granddaughter. A tear formed in the corner of her eye and she leaned toward Aislinn and reached out to put her hand on her cheek. "If you choose this life here, you'll never be able to go home Aislinn. There are a great many people there who love and miss you."

Aislinn's breath caught in her throat. Cullen just sat there waiting for her response. She didn't even look at him. If she managed to get away from all of this and he dealt with Rafe she could very easily go back to her life with her family. Rafe hadn't changed her enough to make a human existence impossible. He watched her with her grandmother and he saw the loss in her eyes. She didn't want to make the decision. He knew from the way she had spoken to him about her mother and her grandmother before that she missed them all terribly. He could easily understand that. He knew how he would feel if he was pulled out of the pack. Not that he wouldn't willingly leave it all for her. But he couldn't make her make that choice. Especially since she didn't seem nearly as interested in being here as he was in having her here.

After a silent pause that seemed to last an eternity Cullen shifted in his chair. Cullen's voice had softened significantly but his face went more stony, if that was even possible. There was no emotion to be seen in his eyes. The stranger Aislinn was looking at made her go numb. "All right. Brinah, you show us what we need to do to make something to stop Rafe's mind altering abilities. When we deal with him and it is safe, you and Aislinn can go home."

The look on Aislinn's face when he said that ripped into him, even if no one could see it. How could he do that? Was he just going to shove her out the door? "Isn't that my decision to make," Aislinn said in a cracking voice.

Cullen's stomach turned. "I'm not going to ask you to leave your family for this," he responded.

"So you're done with me. Just like the others." Aislinn couldn't stop the tear that dropped from her eye. She stood up and walked away from his desk. She had been figuring it would happen. Just not this soon. And after the afternoon they'd had.

"This is nothing like the others," he said.

"Right," she answered. Then walked out of the office, slamming the door behind her as she left. The shock wave that rolled through the room made Cullen flinch. He almost went after her. But decided that she needed to cool off and if he was going to go through with this then chasing her would give her the wrong impression. He figured that he would talk to her after he was done here.

***

Aislinn headed for the elevator, walked inside, and hit the lobby button. She needed to get out of here and get some air. She knew there wasn't anywhere inside this building that she could hide and she just didn't want to deal with her thoughts right now.

Ranaild only barely made it into the elevator before the door closed. She sent him a teary eyed glare when he joined her. It nearly broke his heart. Whatever had happened in that office wasn't going to make his intentions any easier.

Neither of them spoke. He didn't really want to talk to her. If he started feeling too bad for her he might change his mind. Ranaild wasn't sure how she had managed to get out of Cullen's sight, but there was no way he could pass this up. When the doors opened on the lobby he wondered why the fates seemed so damned determined to give Rafe what he wanted. Aislinn slipped through the lobby and headed for the front doors. Ranaild followed her. He couldn't believe how easy she was making this.

She took off out the front doors of the Madadh-Allaidh Saobhaidh and then down the sidewalk. She wrapped her arms around herself. The cool air was helping. She was trying desperately not to cry.I knew it,she thought. Nothing in my life ever stays good. I don't know why I let myself get so attached so quickly. I knew that something would ruin it.Her brain was swimming and she just wanted it to stop. She didn't even notice Ranaild following her down the sidewalk.

Ranaild decided to let her get as far from the den as possible before he took her. She was moving at a good clip and as far as he could tell there wasn't anyone else following her. He kept looking behind them and watching. He sniffed at the air. But he seemed to be in the clear.

Finally Aislinn stopped on a corner. There was a taxi sitting and waiting for a fair. Ranaild stepped up behind her and took her by the arm. She looked up at him with a shocked, angry glare. He returned an apologetic look as he pulled the dagger from behind him and brought it covertly around to jab into her side. Her anger turned to fear as she realized what was happening.

Ranaild guided her toward the taxi. "Open the door," he said in a frightening deadpan and pressed the dagger further into her side. Aislinn silently did as she was told. They both got into the taxi and Ranaild gave the driver directions to where he wanted to go.

Aislinn looked down at the dagger, covered in dried blood, which was pressing into her side. Then she looked back up at Ranaild. She knew him. She often saw him talking to Cullen. She knew that Cullen had trusted him.

***

Celia watched as Ranaild sat brooding in a chair angled so that he could watch down the hallway. He was acting strangely. Everyone who had been in the elder meeting knew the possibility of one of their own being on the wrong side of all the mess that was going on. The rumors had everyone in the pack on edge. Regardless of Celia's issues with Aislinn there had been a reason that Cullen had taken her as one of the women he spent time with. Ultimately she was one of the best in the pack. She had earned her position the hard way. She was intelligent, observant, and devious enough to see it in other people when sometimes it was overlooked. Ranaild was acting just strangely enough to get her attention.

When Aislinn came out of Cullen's office in tears and Ranaild headed after her Celia watched with an uneasy realization that he might be one of the traitors. She couldn't believe it. Ranaild? Celia went over to the elevator panel and watched to see what floor the elevator stopped at. Then she hit the stairs. She flew down the flights of stairs as fast as she could. She knew she wouldn't catch up if she waited for the elevator. But she might be able to track them if she got to the lobby before the scent was lost.

Mack watched Celia dart for the stairwell and immediately trailed after her. He didn't really know what she was up to but it was a rare occasion that she ran anywhere and he was going to find out where she was going.

Celia almost raised the alarm. But she couldn't bring herself to it without proof of what she thought she was seeing. She had been friends with Ranaild and Elise, his mate, for too long to do that to him and his family if it wasn't true. At the same time, if it was true she'd rip his throat out herself. Elise? When was the last time she'd spoken with Elise? The thought was fleeting and gone the minute she came slamming out the lobby doors.

Celia headed for the elevator and immediately picked up Aislinn's scent. She'd know that galla anywhere. When she saw Mack come through the stairs' doors and into the lobby she swore to herself.Doesn't he have anything better to do?

"Whatcha up to Cel?" Mack said nonchalantly as he approached her.

"Mind your own-," Celia started then thought better of it. If what she was thinking about Ranaild was true then it might not be bright to chase after him alone. "Coach," she swore. "Just come on. Follow me and try and keep out of sight."

Mack knew it must be serious when Celia stopped herself from trying to get rid of him. He nodded and followed her out. He picked up on Ranaild's scent as they went and it only took him a minute to recognize Aislinn's as well. Everyone in the pack had caught the new girl's smell. She was weird. Hard to place. The rumors about her being 'not quite human' had everyone looking to get a wiff.

Twice Ranaild almost saw them. Celia's heart was racing. She stood behind the newsstand and hid, waiting for him to keep going before continuing to follow him. "I can't believe it. He really is following her. That piece of coach."

"What the hell is going on here Celia?" Mack asked with a growing fear of what she was going to say.

Celia looked around the corner and seeing that Ranaild was moving again and watching Aislinn she pulled Mack along behind her and headed after them.

"I don't really know. Ranaild is following Aislinn. I don't know where Aislinn is going but it's all too weird," she said hurriedly.

Mack grabbed her by the arm, hard, and stopped her. He pulled Celia to face himself and she lost sight of Ranaild. She fought Mack's grip but couldn't manage to move him. Ranaild was one of his closest friends. Celia did a lot of stuff that pissed him off, but this was the limit. "Don't you even suggest what I think you're suggesting. Aislinn shouldn't be out here. If he's following her, he's probably just keeping an eye on her."

"Well we'll never know that now," Celia said angrily as she wrenched her arm free and ran off in the direction in which they had disappeared.

Mack came walking up behind her. She was pacing the sidewalk where the scents mingled and then ended. "They got into a car," he said.

"Faigh muin! I caught that myself. I never should have brought you. You didn't see the way he looked."

"I know that Ranaild wouldn't do what you're suggesting."

"You didn't see the way he looked." Celia paced. It didn't feel right. "I agree with you. It doesn't make sense. Ranaild has never... He wouldn't... Would he?" The confusion in her voice concerned Mack.

"I don't think so. Look if Aislinn is actually missing then the entire place will be in an uproar. Cullen is far too gone over her. I'm betting that Raniald is just keeping an eye on her. We'll head back and if there aren't alarms going off and warnings of Cullen bringing the apocalypse down on us all if we don't produce her from the shadows then I think we can safely say that this isn't what you think it looks like."

Celia didn't want to but she let him talk her into heading back and seeing.What do I care anyway? If Aislinn ends up gone then things can go back to normal. She didn't even realize that she was leaning into Mack as they walked down the sidewalk and she didn't think about how his words had been more reassuring than they should have been. She hated how much she liked him. She growled under her breath.

When they got out of the elevator on the 13th floor and headed into the great room nothing seemed amiss. "I guess maybe," Celia said looking around. Cullen was still in the meeting with Keith, Sarah, and that human woman Sarah had brought up. More odd rumors. She was getting tired of all the secrets. It wasn't like Lord Arnauk.Lord Arnauk,she thought. Her mind took on a mocking tone,Aislinn wouldn't continue sleeping with a man who wouldn't let her use his name.

"You guess maybe what?" Mack asked smugly, smiling at her.

"You're probably right," Celia snapped. "There you happy?"Gods why can't I shut my brain off? How many times did he tell me that he'd never mate with me? Why did I think that I could change his mind if I just kept myself available. Is he an asshole, am I a complete fool, or both?

"Both," Mack said out loud.

Celia didn't realize she had been projecting. But Mack had always picked up on her thoughts so easily it didn't really surprise her. Just embarrass. "I'd thank you to keep your opinions of what you know I don't intend to say to yourself."

"Cel, why do you fight me so hard? Is the fact that I'm not the alpha really that bad? You wanna break off and form our own pack? It's not like we couldn't manage. I just always thought that the family we had here was more important than rank. But you tell me what you want to do, I'll do it."

Mack sincerity seeped into her. She knew he'd do anything she asked him to do. Ambition aside she did care about him. She hated to admit it but she did. She growled and rolled her eyes. What was worse was that she was going into heat and she hadn't been with anyone in so long it was really getting to her. Then the little chase they just went on. "Come back to my room. We'll discuss reality later," she offered begrudgingly.

Mack leaned into her and tilted his head cautiously to the side as he slipped an arm around her waist and leaned in to kiss her. She hadn't let him touch her since that time they had been out at the reservation on a hunt and they nearly ended up mated. They had been so into each other that night. He thought he was going to catch fire when she moved into him for the kiss. Her hands slipped up his shoulders and grabbed the material of his shirt fiercely.

In seconds the kiss went from experimental and tentative to explosive passion. Celia's tongue delved into his mouth and danced with his. Without breaking the kiss Mack picked her up by the waist and her legs wrapped around him. He backed them into the elevator and they fumbled for the key to the panel. Mack had to put her down as the exited the elevator and headed down the hall for her room. Both of their eyes swirling amber.

Celia's door slammed behind them and she began tearing at Mack's clothes. He grinned and watched her as she ripped them to pieces and pushed him back toward the bed. Celia knew that he was stronger than her and he was letting her run the show to prove a point. But at that moment she didn't care. Her clothes quickly followed his in shreds onto the floor.

Mack found himself pushed back onto her bed. The scent of her overwhelming him. He'd never managed to get into her room before. He just hoped she'd be this enthusiastic about him when it was all said and done. Any way it turned out though, he knew he'd wait for her forever if he had to. Celia looked down at Mack's form on her bed. She couldn't decide what she wanted to do to him most. One look at the adoring gaze she was getting and she knew that the first thing she wanted was to wipe that look off his face.

Celia climbed onto the bed and much to Mack's delight she turned away from him then straddled his face and pressed her sopping sex down onto his mouth while she leaned down and took his cock into hers. He couldn't have had a better invitation. Mack grabbed hold of Celia's writhing hips and plunged his tongue into her. Dying for a better taste he let his wolf slide out into his hybrid form. Celia moaned with delight as his cock grew in her mouth. She licked around its head and then plunged back down onto it. His wolven tongue was much longer and more maneuverable than his human tongue. He drove it deep into her pussy, lapping teasingly at the walls and the more sensitive spots, until he could just reach her cervix. Breathing in her scent in his wolven form was what told him that she was about to go into heat. He growled at the temptation. It wasn't strong enough for him to catch in his human form. But being inside her sex and in his current state he couldn't miss it. She would probably get her heat that night or the next morning. But really it was close enough.

secretme
secretme
3,475 Followers
12