League Night Ch. 1

Story Info
Young wife takes a job in a new town.
2.6k words
3.31
107.9k
8

Part 1 of the 4 part series

Updated 10/25/2022
Created 07/22/2001
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Bob Peale
Bob Peale
97 Followers

Author's Note:

This story may not be reproduced in any form for profit without the written permission of the author. This story may be freely distributed with this notice attached, as long as no charge is made for it and it isn't changed in any way. If it is archived or displayed, it is done so with the understanding that the author will have unrestricted access to the archive or posting. Additional stories can be found at www.literotica.com. Just go to the Stories section, select Indexed By Author, and look for Bob Peale. While you're at it, check out some of the other great stories posted by other authors!

Please address all feedback, inquiries, marriage proposals, etc. to the author at mischief1@bigfoot.com.

Disclaimer:

This story is a work fiction. None of the characters or events herein are based on real people, either living or dead. It was produced for the entertainment of ADULTS ONLY, and contains descriptions of explicit sex. If you are not an adult, or if reading stories of a sexual nature upsets you, do not read any further! By reading further, you certify that you have accessed/requested access to this material willfully, and that you are an adult 21 years of age or older. You also certify that you are NOT a city, county, state, or federal law enforcement officer, official of the United States Postal Service, acting in the capacity of a representative of a telecommunications firm, and that, to your knowledge, this material does not offend the standards in your area, nor is it in violation of any of local, state, or federal law.

No animals were harmed in the manufacture of this product.

*******

Medger AutoPark was just one more thing in a large list that Dawn hated about Iowa. For starters, ten months out of the year it was just too damned cold for her. Also, it seemed like everybody had married his or her grade school sweetheart as soon as it was legal. Sure people were polite, but after six months in town, she still didn't feel like she was welcome. She was simple girl from a small town in the Southwest (not that unlike Newton, weather notwithstanding). She'd never gone to college; hell she'd barely finished high school. Her husband Joe had been friends with her older brother and a few of her cousins. He was a bit of a rarity in that he'd gone to the state college on a baseball scholarship: in her part of the universe that was considered a good catch.

They'd started dating when she was still in the 10th grade and he was a junior in college. Dawn wasn't exactly a beauty queen, and a lot of the girls were jealous that Joe had shown an interest in her. She only stood 5'2" and, halfway through high school, was barely out of her training bra. She had slim, boyish hips (although her ass was round and full), and her hair was dishwater blonde with no highlights to speak of, cut straight and down to the bottom of her ears with no bangs (a style she still sported to this day).

On their second date, after a little fumbling, Joe managed to finger her to her first orgasm. Ironically, her small size had worked to his advantage, allowing him to stimulate her in places she hadn't even known were there. Joe wasn't that big a guy either, only 5'6", and he'd never had a girl react that way before. They soon started going steady, and got married right after she graduated.

They had been married three months when Joe pissed away his AAA career by picking a fight one night after an away game in a bar where the locals didn't like their boys losing. He awoke in the hospital three days later, and was encouraged to "retire" two weeks after returning to the active roster. He was a sweet guy that had gotten a tough break so Dawn tried to be supportive, taking bullshit jobs while he chased coaching opportunities, reluctant to give up his dream of making a living from baseball. Days turned into months and years until finally, eleven years later, fate smiled on him. He'd shown talent as a coach, starting with little league teams and working his way up to the college ranks. One day they got a call during supper offering Joe the chance to be head coach at a small Division III college in Iowa. It wasn't Arizona State, but it was the top spot, so after a very brief discussion, they packed their things and set out for America's Flatlands.

Unfortunately, it didn't take long for him to discover that being a coach (even a head coach) at a Division III school wasn't exactly a cakewalk. The schedule sucked, requiring him to be away a lot, and he didn't have the staff to do a lot of the shit work, so more often than not he was tired and bitchy. Dawn desperately wanted a child, but Joe was afraid that if this didn't work out he would never be able to support three mouths. She was almost relieved when he suggested she try to find work, if only because then she'd at least have someone else to talk to.

The only job that seemed even remotely interesting was at Medger, but pretty soon she'd realized she'd made a mistake. 90% of the people that worked there were men; they were rude and mean and treated her like an alien from outer space because she hadn't grown up there. As a receptionist in the service department, not only did she have the pleasure of dealing with the service techs and shop mechanics, the salesmen and general management also tormented her routinely. And to top it all off, the other women wore too little clothes and too much makeup, making her look even more like the freak everyone thought she was. Everyone, that was, except Linda Cullen.

Dawn first met Linda about a month or so after she'd started working at Medger. In the break room, several of the techs and mechanics were waxing poetic about drug-toking hippies from the Southwest. Not surprising, much of their speculation surrounded Dawn and her extended family.

"That's ridiculous, Al," a melodious voice interrupted from the doorway, addressing the ringleader. "That's like saying that everybody in Iowa is a gun toting halfwit farmer with a two inch prick, and we all know that that only applies to one family in town."

The room erupted in laughter and several guys standing near the door parted to admit the voice's owner. The woman who'd come to her defense was stunning, nearly six feet tall with reddish brown curls that cascaded over broad shoulders partway down her back. Her green eyes sparkled with triumph and humor, and her smile revealed a set of white, even teeth. Even in the loosely cut expensive suit her breasts were large and prominent, and her waist looked just wide enough to support her impressive upper torso. If this were a TV show, this woman would be the head of some rich and powerful family that had their way with everyone around them. She extended a well-manicured hand.

"Hi, I'm Linda. On behalf of the entire Midwest, I'd like to apologize. It never fails; marry a cousin, sire an asshole."

Dawn took the woman's hand as laughter exploded again. The woman took a seat at Dawn's table and within minutes the break room cleared. The woman seemed nice enough, but for some reason she made the others nervous. Anyone that made them uncomfortable was more than welcome in her book. After lunch, while Dawn sat in the cashier's cage and read a book, Ray Wells paid her a visit. He'd been the next most vocal in the break room, and it seemed he was still bristling at Linda's intervention.

"Just because you made friends with Ms. Cullen doesn't make you any less of a freak," he hissed. Dawn reached her breaking point.

"What the fuck are you babbling about, you goddamn moron?" she shrieked. "I don't know what your problem is, but go take it out on someone else! I'm not fucking here to be abused by your dumbass!"

She started bawling as all of the fear and anger and feelings of not belonging pushed through to the surface. People stared at her (customers as well as employees), while Ray wore the satisfied look of a playground bully that finally got one up on the teacher's pet. The woman that had befriended her in the break room materialized from somewhere behind her.

"Come with me honey," she soothed. "Let's go someplace quiet."

Dawn let herself be led away, embarrassed by her outburst but unable to calm down. They walked down the corridor to the executive suite, where the woman steered her into a well-appointed office and closed the door behind them. After she got Dawn settled she produced a cup of steaming coffee. Dawn sipped it gratefully.

"Why don't you go in there and clean up," the woman suggested, gesturing toward a small bathroom connected to the office.

It took Dawn about 15 minutes to get herself together. When she emerged, she took a good look around. There were plaques and pictures everywhere, including one with Linda and Bill Medger (who, in addition to owning the AutoPark, had been mayor of Newton twice). It finally dawned on her who her new friend was: Linda Cullen, Vice President - Internet Sales, the only female executive at Medger, and one of the few executives period that wasn't related to the old man. She'd built what was intended to be a throw away department (internet sales wasn't even paid on commission) into one of the top performing sales groups in the state and the most profitable of all of the Medger teams. Linda Cullen walked on water, at least as far as the old man was concerned.

"I'm SO sorry, Ms. Cullen," she stammered self-consciously.

Linda patted the sofa beside her. "In the break room I was just Linda; the same is true in here."

Dawn took a seat next to her. Linda was quite a bit older than her, about 15 years Dawn guessed, and in some ways very maternal. Unbidden, Dawn buried her face in Linda's shoulder began crying again while Linda stroked her hair.

"They really can be pricks," Dawn sobbed.

"They can smell fear a mile away, and you young lady are afraid."

Linda lectured her about fitting in and demanding respect. Dawn hadn't had very many pep talks in her lifetime, and she responded warmly to the care and attention. Thirty minutes later, she was ready to face the world. She never told Joe about the incident. With his temper and small stature, the only thing it would have accomplished was his getting his ass kicked. But after that day, she came to work with a new attitude. She couldn't help being skinny, and she couldn't help not being born there, but she was damned if she was going to let anybody make her feel like shit anymore. She and Linda started spending more time together. They ate lunch with each other several times a week, and whenever Linda could she got Dawn little perks, like overtime during the Christmas season or priority days off. The guys began treating her with grudging politeness, and the women smiled in her face (even if they did talk about her behind her back).

For several weeks, Linda had been trying to convince Dawn that she needed to get out and meet people, but Dawn had always politely declined. She didn't think she was in Linda's league, and was afraid that she would embarrass her. Finally, Linda wouldn't take no for an answer any longer.

"Joe's away at a tournament; you said so yourself. All you're going to do is curl up in front of the TV anyway," she teased.

"Linda, I really can't..."

"Linda nothing! It'll be fun; we'll go bowling."

Bowling sounded safe, Dawn thought. It was a low-key activity, and they probably wouldn't be rubbing elbows with any executives. How bad could it be? She conceded and gave Linda directions to her house.

A little silver sports car (not a model they carried on the lot, Dawn noted) pulled into Dawn's driveway at 6:30 and Dawn bounded off the porch to meet it. She didn't see an ice patch at the bottom of the stairs and went sprawling, landing on her ass with a loud splat. Linda jumped out of her car to help her up.

"I guess I'm little excited," Dawn said sheepishly.

One look at Linda and her heart sank. Whereas under her long wool coat she'd chosen a denim mini skirt, one of Joe's old button down shirts, white socks and tennis shoes for this evening's activity, Linda had dressed to impress. With her hair pulled back in a ponytail, she looked 10 years younger, and she was wearing skintight black leggings, sporty lace up work boots, and a VERY form fitting grey pullover v-neck sweater that was cut so low that the only thing keeping her breasts from spilling out was lucky positioning.

"You like?" she asked, smoothing the sweater over her flat belly. Dawn nodded mutely.

During the ride Linda was uncharacteristically tightlipped, providing one and two word responses to all of Dawn's questions as they sped across town. She turned off the blacktop onto a dirt road just past the business district. Abandoned overgrown stalks of corn and wheat towered over the car on both sides, forming a dark and narrow valley through which the silver bullet bounced and jostled over a rutted path. Just as Dawn was starting to feel claustrophobic they emerged into a wide, relatively flat clearing. Up ahead stood two barns, one about the size of a three or four car garage, the other considerably larger. Vehicles were scattered anywhere there was available space; most were pick-up trucks or other four-wheel drive varieties.

Linda maneuvered her car expertly into a spot between an old, dilapidated tractor and a muddy late 70's sedan. Still reticent, she hopped out and waited for Dawn to clumsily stagger away from the car. When they reached a door set in the far side of the smaller barn, she produced a shiny blue plastic card that she stuck into a slot in the wall. There was a soft click and she pushed the door open, motioning for Dawn to follow. Inside was a seedy looking bar with twenty or so people drinking, playing cards, or talking. Some were seated around scratched, worn cocktail tables with mismatched chairs, while others huddled around the bar watching a small color television. She was perplexed; there weren't nearly enough people to account for all of the cars outside.

Nobody paid them any attention as they took a seat at the bar. Linda signaled for two beers, then hopped up, walked over to a burly man sitting against the far wall and exchanged her blue card for a green one. When she returned to the bar, she ushered Dawn off the chair without touching her beer and led her down a corridor with three doors marked "Pigs", "Cows" and "Emergency Exit". She slid the green plastic card into a slot next to the door marked "Emergency Exit" and pushed it open after they heard the lock disengage. They darted along a short path to what Dawn guessed was the larger barn, inserted the green card into another slot, and pushed the door open.

"Why didn't we just come here first?" Dawn asked irritated.

Linda shrugged. "My card only opens the door to the first building."

"Well then why don't you get a card to this one?"

"No one has one; you have to get it from the bouncer. Less chance that it'll end up someplace it shouldn't," she answered mysteriously.

To Be Continued...

Bob Peale
Bob Peale
97 Followers