Legacy: Delving

Story Info
Thomas and Violet go to the museum and make new friends.
27.6k words
4.8
81k
113
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lost Boy
Lost Boy
5,759 Followers

All characters are 18 years old or older. The line of vehicles to the front of the museum is quite impressive. Thomas and Violet are dressed in their finest as they sit in the back of the limousine. Violet is still debating as she holds up an impressive stiletto heel in one hand and a cute yet comfortable flat in the other. Her indecision is causing her quite a bit of unrest. Thomas points to the heel and tells her to slip the flats into her purse giving her the option to change later. She smiles and opens her purse and maneuvers the shoes inside. Thomas sees a flash of bright red and raises an eyebrow when he spots the ball of silk yarn. Violet reminds him of his promise and he relents. He reminds her that they are out of Greece and she fires back that the Greeks once ruled Egypt. That little factoid takes him off guard. She is right of course and that is another link in a strange chain of odd behaviors from his little sister over the last few days.

Show Time:

The limo finally pulled up in front of the museum. A man in uniform opened the rear door and I stepped out first offering Violet a hand out. I offered her my arm and we walk up the steps to the museum. Violet looked radiant and smiled at the journalists as we mounted the ancient stone stairs. I think I was more nervous than she was. I did steal a sidelong glance and damn the heels made her legs look amazing! I hadn't set foot in this museum since I was a kid. In my case that was the late nineteen sixties. The exterior of the building had been renovated since then and look nicer now that it had then. I did like the fact that the stone lions had not been left out of the face lift. As we entered the building Violet did her best not to shout and point when she saw several well-known stage magicians taking turns doing illusions. Their hand magic was impressive and I allowed Violet to direct us to their circle.

Her face lit up as they flawlessly performed one trick after another. One of the magicians noticed her and produced a flower out of thin air. She laughed and showed it to me and then something strange happened. Violet handed the flower back and it changed from a deep red rose to a pale white ghost orchid. The magician stared at the flower in disbelief and we moved on. Was he playing the audience or had Violet performed real magic? I was about to ask her when I saw a legendary figure in magic standing at the center of a small crowd. It was none other than the Amazing Randi. He was standing in front of a pedestal covered with a black cloth. He was informing the crowd that he had improved upon his challenge and declared that anyone that beat the test would be paid ten million U.S. dollars. With a flourish, the cloth was lifted and beneath was a dull hexagonal base with a clear plastic dome.

"If anyone can move the plastic donut within the pedestal without directly affecting it you will win the reward."

I walked over and saw that another smaller group of stage magicians were looking at the array of sensors inside the dome. If the pedestal was bumped in any way the sensors would light up like a pinball machine. The center of the base of the dome had a plastic pyramid. The donut lay next to the pyramid and arrayed evenly around the base were the sensors and the LED displays. I felt Violet tugging on me but I ignored her. She was getting upset and Randi noticed this. He walked over and watched me examining his test.

"Your friend appears upset," Randi said smiling. "Why is that?"

"Don't Thomas, mom will be pissed," Violet growled.

"She seems to think you can beat my test." Randi continued as others began to take notice.

"Where do you want the donut? The pyramid seems to be the most obvious solution. Or do you want it to roll on its side?"

"Either would do," Randi said laughing. "But you can't touch the..."

"Everyone back off," I said and Violet growled under her breath.

"Damn it Thomas..."

I stared at the donut and directed my thoughts upon it. The crowd cried out as the clear plastic donut rose onto its side and did one complete circuit. I wasn't done yet. I spent more energy and levitated the disc up and dropped it onto the pointed tip of the pyramid. I let out a breath and noticed that Violet had stormed off towards the bar. I left the magicians trying to figure out how I cheated the system but Randi knew better. He had spent years developing the test. He followed me to the bar stammering and demanding an explanation. I asked for a shot of tequila and asked for the bottle to be left behind. I had taken my third shot when the Minister for Historical Preservation made an appearance. He saw Randi and I standing together and approached us.

"I was going to introduce the two of you," the minister rumbled and noticed Randi's coloration. "What is it James?"

"He beat my test." James Randi growled. "He won't tell me how."

"You wouldn't believe me," I replied and Violet glared at me.

"Those sensors are cutting edge... it's impossible..."

"Fine," I said and began my lie. "There is a yet undetected subatomic particle I call a psion. There are a select few that possess a mutation that allows them to not just affect these particles but generate them as well."

"Bullshit," James Randi blurted out.

"Can we go now?" Violet asked.

"You knew," James said his eyes on Violet and stumbled off.

"Why did you do that?" Violet asked slurring her words a bit.

"He is dying," I said. "He needed something to believe in."

"That was unexpected," the Minister said watching the exchange before wandering off.

Violet hugged me and apologized for what she called my selfless display. I told her everything would be okay and we mingled. She did find some of the exhibits interesting and I did my best to translate them and let Violet lead the way. We had covered a good chunk of the first floor when I heard my name called. I turned in the direction and saw our host waving at me. Violet and I walked over and introduced ourselves.

"You are definitely his son," our host said in greeting. "Are you enjoying the museum?"

"Yes, thank you," I said and he placed his hand on my arm.

"Don't look so glum," he laughed. "The real display is on the third floor. We will be heading up soon for the private viewing."

"Why are the magicians here?" Violet asked and he turned to face her.

"They were already here you see. Egypt is the birthplace of magic. Every few years or so the magicians gather and hold a kind of conference. James Randi decided to join them this year and make his challenge. I hear that someone has beaten it already."

"Um... you see..." I stammered.

"Of course, you did," the Minister laughed.

"It was a gift to a dying man," I said and the older man nodded.

"A kindness... something your father probably wouldn't have shown. I have other guests to greet. I will return when it is time to go up. Thank you for coming."

What an odd thing to say. Had my father really been that cold hearted? I began to question my decision to take James Randi's challenge. Maybe Violet had been right all along. She kissed my cheek and pulled me towards a table laden with snacks. We stood there for a few minutes trying different finger foods and did a little people watching. Most of the people I didn't recognize but the few I did were amongst the wealthiest people on the planet. One of the couples making the rounds was none other than Nick Shaw and a stunning young Asian woman. I watched her move and there was something familiar about her body mechanics that was familiar.

"Is she his date or bodyguard?" Violet asked and I nodded. "Bodyguard then... she's gorgeous."

A hologram suddenly snapped into existence and I recognized the comic book character instantly. It was the Silver Surfer and he was hovering around his master Nick Shaw. The avatar turned in our direction and pointed us out. I watched in rapt fascination as the multibillionaire and his shadow walked over. Nick thrust out his hand and introduced himself. I shook his hand and he turned my wrist revealing my smart watch.

"It is one of mine," he said smiling.

"A birthday gift," I said looking at him and his bodyguard. "This is my sister Violet."

"You are the one dating Scarlett J aren't you?"

"Yes, I am," I admitted. "She couldn't make it tonight. She is on a shoot."

"I hate to ask but what is she like? She comes off as a very strong woman."

"I think she'd be fine with me describing her as intelligent, gifted, and yes very strong." I said and locked eyes with the bodyguard. "Your companion is quite strong as well. I pity the person that crosses a line or threatens you."

"Why would say that Mr. Blackstone?" She asked her English only lightly accented.

"You've studied several martial art forms. One of them is quite rare and leaves its mark." I replied watching her breathing and involuntary responses.

"This is odd," she said her eyes dilating and her breath quickening just a bit. "It says you are twenty-eight but I can't find a birth certificate..."

"We do not violate our customer's privacy Akira," Nick snapped showing his anger. "I want to apologize." He reached into his jacket pocket and produced what appeared to be a set of contact lenses. "Your watch can access these and make them more functional. I am sorry about Akira's breech of etiquette."

"Do you always carry around contact lenses on your person?" I asked and he laughed.

"As a matter of fact, yes," he replied. "You'd be surprised how often they come in handy."

"That is the sixth pair you've given out this month Master Nick." Surfer said with a glint of mischief in his eye.

"Thank you, Surfer." Nick said before waving to another guest.

The pair left after that and I had the case in my hand. I glanced at Violet and she shrugged. Tai manifested without warning. Her miniature form hovered over the surface of the watch's face. She informed me that the lenses would allow me to use them as a kind of display device. Nick really was a freaking genius. I took a few minutes to slip into the men's room and try on the lenses. I was terribly curious. Once they were in I didn't feel a thing. They were weightless and I did see the dropdown menu at the top of my field of vision. Tai showed me how to access the options and I did a little dance when I accessed my phone texts and emails via the lenses.

"How fucking cool is that!"

I slipped the empty case into my pocket and returned to the gala. Violet was chatting up a rather good looking Middle Eastern man. When I walked up she introduced his highness, the crowned prince of Saudi Arabia. I shook his hand and I had a faint memory when I heard his name. He looked at me with that same expression. He cried out drawing attention to us and pointed and laughed. A stunning young dark-skinned woman strode over quickly and the prince explained to her that he knew me.

"Qadira, this is none other than Thomas Blackstone. We played together as children while Grandfather hired his father to gather treasures for our home. Thomas, this is my younger sister Qadira."

"A pleasure," I said kissing her hand.

"Are you a Jinn?" Qadira whispered before I let go of her hand. "You remind me of someone I met a few years ago."

"Are you still going on about him?" the prince asked rolling his eyes.

"Of course not," she said her eyes narrowing. "I noticed how attractive his eyes are. They reminded me of someone is all."

The prince's good mood seemed to have evaporated. Qadira seemed proud of herself and grinned once her brother had left. I snatched drinks and offered the princess one. She took it and I toasted her health. Violet asked Qadira if she were a real princess. They hit it off instantly. The three of us stuck together and moved around from group to group. Qadira seemed quite knowledgeable about many of the men that had been invited. When I asked she informed me that she had to be since any of them could be a future husband. She frowned when she mentioned that. The princess put on a brave face and my heart went out to her. Silence fell around us and the Minister announced it was time to go to the third floor. A steady stream of people moved up the steps to where the private display was being held.

The first objects being shown were oddly decorated pieces of pottery. The strange characters on the restored wine and food containers looked oddly familiar. Where the hell had I seen those symbols before? While others moved into the next room I moved as close as I could to the glass covered exhibit. Unlike ancient Egyptian pottery there was a clean precise style to the glyphs. Violet and Qadira were right next to me. They were equally curious but for different reasons. Violet seemed troubled by the vase while Qadira appeared to be familiar with them. I heard gasps and cries from the next room. We hurried and at first, we couldn't see whatever it was that was on the table at the center of the chamber. There were x-rays and scans posted along the walls. No one was looking at those so I grabbed Violet and Qadira by the wrists. I guided them over and let go. Violet made a sound like 'ooh' while Qadira remained silent. I looked over and she was blushing.

"I am so sorry Princess..." I stammered realized I had touched her without her permission.

"Qadira, address me as Qadira," she demanded. "Will you look at that." She exclaimed switching to Arabic.

"It doesn't look human," I said pointing to clear features of the skull. "Dad demanded that I get a wide-ranging education. Oh shit... I know where I've seen those symbols before!"

I turned to face the crowd but they were still milling close to the exhibit and showed no signs of relenting. I walked further down the wall and looked at all the scans. They were all isolated body parts and I knew what lie on that table now. It was a serpent man. It was the same race as Ted and Mikey. I had remembered Mikey's tattoos and some of them contained the same symbols as those on the pottery. I moved to the next wall and there was a full body scan that changed as we watched it. It went from the top layer of skin, through all the internal organs, and ended on the posterior of the corpse. This is what they had dug up out in the Empty Quarter. They had found an entire serpent folk village.

"You recognized the characters," I said to Qadira and she nodded.

"My Grandfather has a huge collection of rare artifacts. Some of them belong to these people."

"People," a booming male voice added. "You are far too generous granddaughter."

"Your Majesty," I said in greeting to Qadira's grandfather.

"Old Black Thom," he said taking my hand and gripping it firmly. "A firm handshake is a sign of a man's bond. Your father taught me that. I am sorry to learn of his passing. He was a good friend but..." he stopped his color darkening in a quiet rage. "But he crossed lines that shouldn't be crossed."

"Aw hell," I said feeling sick to my stomach. "I wish I could make up for it."

"You can," he growled as the vein on the side of his head pulsated. "Show them girl."

"Yes Grandfather," Qadira said as she removed her colored contact lenses. "There..."

"Whoa," I gasped seeing her deep amethyst eyes. "Your mother is special?"

"Was special," Qadira replied as tears of shame flowed down her cheeks. "She had the sight."

"Will you take up this burden Thomas?" the king asked his entire body shaking.

"I will do whatever it takes to make this right." I said and he smiled. "Wait..." I said as he turned and left without another word.

"Thank you for sparing my life." Qadira said wiping the tears away.

The impact of events finally hit me. Qadira was my sister and now she was my responsibility. She had dodged an honor killing by the width of a hair. She was about to put the contacts back in when I touched her hand and shook my head. I mouthed the word 'no' and demanded she hold her head up high. She was a part of my family. We moved from the main room to one of the side chambers and that's when we saw the other mummies. They were in poorer condition but they got the point across. There could be no doubt. The only difference I could tell between this specimen and Mikey was that this one was noticeably larger. He or she looked like a warrior. The build and musculature was far more robust even for a desiccated corpse. The sheer bulk was intimidating.

"I'm glad it's dead," I commented.

"Will you dance with me?" Qadira asked out of nowhere.

"Huh?"

"There is a dance in an hour or so. I don't get the chance to dance very often."

"You'll have to share me," I said looking at Violet.

"If I have to," Qadira said as she turned to Violet. "Do you want to go first, or can I?"

"Well... I'm not much of a dancer," Violet admitted and then saw the gleam in the other's eye. "OH... you'll have to use those great tits of yours on him. He loves a good titty fucking."

"Of course," Qadira agreed cupping her heavy breasts and only then did I realize what they were saying.

"Whoa," I said really looking at the dusky-skinned beauty over. "It's going to be a long helicopter flight back."

"I've never done it in a helicopter before..." Violet and Qadira said at the same time. "Jinx..."

The next room was filled with gold and silver artifacts taken from the village. The crowns were gorgeous and showed a very sophisticated people and not a simple folk. The king had dismissed this culture far too quickly. There was a deep subtlety to their art and crafts. A serpentine god seemed to dominate the head pieces and it was Qadira that filled in that little piece of information. His name was Yig and he was not just a god but the father of the entire race. There was a definite war like feel to the artifacts and their creators. This serpent folk weren't the laid-back type as I had encountered when I went to the tattoo shop. For the first time since I left the island I wished the Sorcerer Cat was here. We moved onto the next chamber and there was another mummy and all around him the tools of war. There were edges, blunt, and pointed weapons on display. Some took on the form of segmented armor while others were gripped by the dexterous three digited hands. If you wanted to call them hands.

I was unaware of how they were discovered but all the artifacts were in surprisingly good condition. The blades were crafted of what appeared to be high quality steel. The village had been dated to over twenty thousand years old and so the metallurgy was millennia ahead of local humans. Our ancestors had been locked in the stone age while these guys were armed with god metal. They must have been terrified at any encounters with the serpent men. The thought of having only a stone axe in hand when facing off against a larger and more intelligent race. How had we avoided extinction? They had all the benefits that nature and evolution could provide and somehow, we were masters of the Earth. Some sort of event had robbed them of their destiny. I heard Violet's voice and then came her incessant tugging.

"Come on... hurry..." she demanded as she pointed at the next room.

The last room held a female of the species and with it all the mineral wealth the village had to offer. The cut stones were plentiful and gorgeous. It was amazing looking on the handiwork of another intelligent race. No human cut and polished these stones. These were the work of an alien mind. They were no less beautiful but different, inhumanly different. The stones were properly lit to show off the best they had to offer. There were diamonds, rubies, emeralds and sapphires clustered in one corner. There were garnets, amethysts, and many shades of beryl in another. The third corner was a selection of gold, silver, and platinum jewelry. The last corner was protected by an armed guard. It was the only guard I had seen so far. When I looked at the display cases I understood why.

Lost Boy
Lost Boy
5,759 Followers
123456...8