Legislating Morality: Why Bother?

Story Info
Essay on choices we are not allowed to make.
866 words
3.88
18.6k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
dirtyjoe69
dirtyjoe69
974 Followers

We have many laws that I just don't understand in our country. And why do we have these laws? Because some "God" loving legislators want to protect us from ourselves; heck I bet there are some that would love to even shut this site down to make sure we don't pollute our minds with evil and impure thought. They have been doing it since law began. The funny thing I have recognized if we live in a free society where church and state is supposed to be separate then why are most laws based on "Christian" theology?

Why must there be a law preventing prostitution? Most every person on this continent will engage in carnal pleasures in their lifetime. Why can't a woman or man for that matter make that their profession without worrying about being arrested? Especially if they are really good at it. If it was legal then the "workers" could have benefits, be tested on regular basis, have licenses, get off the streets, not be endangered by pimps and a whole whack of other pluses compared to what they have now.

I know I am going to hear the comment about that I am a chauvinist and why should a woman sell herself and use her body like that? Well let me tell you something people I hate to tell you but ever single one of us is a whore all ready. You may not spread your legs or give head for money but you are giving up something of yourself to make the old mighty dollar. If you work in a factory you give up your body by working it to the ground everyday. If you are in business chances are you are giving up a little piece of your soul to earn that extra dollar to make sure little "Jamie" or "Roy" get the best of everything. You have to work to survive and if you are good at computers, music, art, painting, shoveling shit, putting out fires, taking care of people or any other thing why should you benefit more in life than the person who is good at sex and wants to make that their chosen profession? If it is legalized then it would come down to choice rather than a desperate act to make it.

If a person wants to use their body and it is between to adults I see no reason why money can't be exchanged. Both parties know what they are doing as adults but once again are wonderful government makes sure we protect ourselves from ourselves.

Another one that bothers me; and I know this is going to cause some controversy, is drugs. I say legalize all drugs. If some jackass wants to stick a needle in their arm and get high and throw their life away it is just plain Darwinism. I could care less if "Bob" wants to snort up his whole life savings and crash and burn. See in the end it is "Bob's" choice to ruin his life. Booze is legal, and we have alcoholics that can't control their urges. Drugs are not legal but we still have drug addicts! Just because it is illegal doesn't stop the doing or selling or death that occurs.

If we legalized and taxed the snot out of drugs the government could make sure of content (that way there would be less OD's), they could take that money and put it back into the education of our children, and some of the monies could be used for treatment centers. Let the junkies pay for their own problems instead of taking it out of my money.

Think of the money saved in just the legal system alone. There would be less court time for possession. It would leave space in our jail system for the harden criminals instead of letting them get pushed out the back gates after spending minimal time in prison. The rapists and murders and child molesters could actually do full sentences.

It would free police up to take care of more important crimes. Now don't get me wrong I know crimes like petty theft would probably increase for a short while to feed the drug users habits but being an addict is not an excuse to break the law. If you do a crime you won't be allowed to use the excuse "I was high and didn't know what I was doing" that law will be instantly be put in place.

I don't get high and I don't use prostitutes but I do believe those are choices as an adult you should be able to make without the fear of criminal conviction. If they legalized it tomorrow I am pretty sure there isn't going to be a mad dash to the local dealer so you can stick a needle in your arm or hit the pipe! I know my life would be lived pretty much the way it is now, well maybe not because our governments would actually have a bit of money from the taxes they could collect from these activities and put it to better use like protecting us from the real evils that are out there!

Peace!

dirtyjoe69
dirtyjoe69
974 Followers