Liberal Leanings

Story Info
Embracing diversity takes its toll on a young condo couple.
21k words
4.27
96.8k
145
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PenPal2001
PenPal2001
1,368 Followers

Embracing diversity takes its toll on a young condo couple

Author's note: This story was inspired by the series Black Man One by Weak_White_Wimp. It involves a young white woman and her black neighbor, somewhat similar to two of my previous submissions, Amber's Six Pics and Good Neighbor Sam. As always, your votes are very much appreciated (just click star 5!), as well as your comments and feedback.

_____________________________

Jonathan "Jon" and Loretta "Lori" Davis were in their mid-20s and had been married three years. Jon was an average guy with an average build and average looks. He considered himself lucky to have fallen in love with Lori, who was anything but average. She was gorgeous, about 5'5" tall, with full breasts, a perfect ass, long blonde hair and dazzling blue eyes.

Jon and Lori had met at a political rally. Politically, both were very liberal. Some would describe them as left wing. They were both raised in white-bread, middle-class families but they took pleasure in advocating and demonstrating for people far different than themselves, whether they were Native Americans, illegal aliens, homeless people, or any other identifiable underdog. For tirelessly campaigning for Barack Obama, they received an autographed photo of the president, which they proudly framed and hung in their living room.

Before meeting Lori, Jon graduated from college. Lori had three years of college herself but had never graduated. Jon landed a really good job as Personnel director for a large company. The high salary made it possible for Lori to resume her education, and it allowed the young couple to buy their own home, a condo apartment.

Their condominium was a 20-unit building with a spacious patio area and swimming pool. The patio had several round tables with chairs and chaise lounges, making it a popular gathering place for the 15 couples and five singles who lived there. Jon and Lori considered themselves lucky to have purchased a ground-floor unit that had a sliding glass door leading directly onto the patio.

One sunny Saturday afternoon, Jon and Lori saw that several of their neighbors were sitting on the patio, having drinks and socializing. They decided to put on their bathing suits and join them. Jon and Lori pulled up chairs to join the large group that crowded around a table. They discovered that a lively discussion was underway regarding the fact that a black man had bought a second-floor apartment and was moving in. Everyone in the building had been white up to that point. Some of the neighbors were making what Jon thought were bigoted comments, saying that their quality of life could be affected and property values could decline if their condo were to "go black." Jon took offense to the remarks and argued that diversity would be an improvement. After the discussion became somewhat heated everybody agreed to change the subject.

The next Saturday, the neighbors were on the patio again, Jon and Lori included, when the new condo owner made his first appearance, strolling onto the patio and dropping his towel on a lounge chair. The new resident was very tall, very muscular, and very black. He had numerous tattoos all over. But, what caught everyone's eyes was his bathing suit. He wore bikini swim briefs and the bulge in his crotch was quite noticeable. In fact, some of the wives began poking each other and giggling like school girls while the men quietly expressed their disgust.

The black man dove into the pool. One of the white men cracked a joke, saying he always heard that black people can't swim. After swimming a couple of laps, the black man got out of the pool and began to dry himself with a towel. Jon left his chair and walked over to the new guy and extended his hand, smiling and saying, "Hi. I'm Jon. Welcome to condo living!"

"Hey there," was all that he said. He ignored Jon's offer of a handshake, continuing to dab his dark skin with the towel, and he never introduced himself. Through their dark sunglasses, the women all seemed to take notice when he put one leg on the chaise lounge and drew the towel back and forth over his groin bulge. Once he was mostly dry, the man walked away from the patio. The women cackled and whispered among themselves. The men grumbled that the new guy seemed antisocial.

The scene was repeated the next day. The black man walked onto the patio, carrying a towel. A couple of people said hello and got no response. This time, after taking a brief swim, the man reclined on his back on a chaise lounge, pulling his baseball cap down over his eyes. He wore bikini briefs again and the outline of his oversized penis was obscenely obvious. If he wasn't dozing, and no one could really tell if he was or not, he probably heard some of the women gasping, laughing and making comments about "junk in the trunks".

The next weekend, Jon and Lori and several neighbors were back on the patio, having a good time, when the black man reappeared on the scene, again wearing briefs that barely concealed his penis. To anyone daring to look closely, his scrotum was even detectable, hanging below the bulge. The scenario played out differently this time, though.

"Hi Leon!" Lori said loudly as she gave the big black man a little wave with her hand.

"Hey Lori," he casually called back as he strutted toward the pool.

Jon's jaw dropped. His wife knew him? He knew her? She had never even mentioned making his acquaintance.

After Leon exited the pool, Lori left her chair and walked toward him as he dried off.

"Leon, I want you to meet my husband, Jon, and some of your neighbors," Lori said with a smile. She persuaded Leon to follow her back to the table and he took a seat. Leon still had nothing to say, but he didn't need to because Lori proceeded to fill everyone in on their new neighbor.

"Leon is new in town," Lori explained. "He moved here for a business opportunity. He got a settlement in a lawsuit, didn't you Leon?" Leon nodded his head. "He used the money to buy a bar on Martin Luther King Avenue and he's going to run it himself. He says they need a nice lounge in that neglected area and he is going to make it a first class place, right Leon?" Leon nodded his head. "Leon had enough money left to buy his condo and a nice car. His parking place is right next yours, honey," Lori said to Jon.

Lori continued, "After Leon finishes remodeling the bar, in a week or two, he's going to invite us all over for a drink, on the house. He says it'll be the first time that white people have ever set foot in the place!"

Lori laughed out loud as Jon looked at her, totally bewildered.

Later, after Jon and Lori had returned to their apartment, Jon asked his wife why she had never mentioned meeting Leon. She said that it didn't seem all that important and she apologized for not saying anything, not realizing that Jon had a need to know. Jon asked Lori how she got filled-in on Leon's life history.

"Well," she said, "I was just hanging out in the living room, watching the Wendy Williams show, and I saw him diving into the pool. I decided to break the ice, so I went outside. I already had my bathing suit on. I sat down near the steps with my feet in the water. I laughed and told him he was not getting out of the pool until he told me his name. After all, we're neighbors, I told him. He said his name was Leon, and I probably blushed when he said it was nice to have such a beautiful neighbor. Then we just started talking, you know, about where he was from, and how he bought the bar and the condo, and all that other stuff."

"So then what," Jon inquired, "he left and you went inside?"

"Well, not right away," Lori continued. "Leon told me the water was nice and warm and I should come in. So, I walked down the steps and we swam around for a while, just talking some more. Then my friend Myriam, from apartment C, came out on the patio, along with Gail. I think she lives in B. Anyway, they came in too."

"So, there were three of you married women, in the pool with a black man that you didn't even know," Jon stated in a more serious tone.

"It's a community pool and we're always in it, swimming with our neighbors, and Leon is a neighbor, not just some black guy that we didn't know," Lori said, being more serious herself. "Would it have been any different if Leon was a white man, Jon?"

"No, I guess not," Jon acknowledged. "So how long did you all swim around?"

Lori answered, "Not too long. We got out and dried off. Myriam mentioned that she had to call an electrician because her kitchen light stopped working. Leon was so nice. He told Myriam that he would go over to her place and check the florescent thingy. So, they left with Leon and I came inside. And that was it."

"Did Leon fix Myriam's light?" Jon asked.

"Oh, I don't even know," Lori said, "I'll have to ask her when I see her. Anyway, Leon kind of keeps to himself but he's a really nice guy when you get to know him."

Lori stepped closer to Jon and embraced him, then gazing into his eyes and smiling, she said, "You're not mad at me for talking to Leon and swimming with him, or anything, are you, honey?"

"No, not at all," Jon said, not admitting that was feeling a little jealous, or possessive, or something. "So, Leon noticed that you're beautiful."

"Yeah," Lori said, adding, "He said so. It's been a while since you told me I'm beautiful."

Jon got a little defensive, saying, "You know that I think you're the most beautiful woman in the world. I think that all the time. Well, I really am glad that you were able to get Leon to open up a little. He sure didn't seem interested in talking to me."

"Oh, he doesn't know yet what a fantastic man you are!" Lori said as she moved closer to kiss her husband's lips. The couple started kissing more passionately.

Lori had a high sex drive and really enjoyed making love. Jon liked sex too, but he was satisfied with having it one or two times a week, not every night like Lori preferred. But at that moment, sex was on both of their agendas.

As they kissed, Lori and Jon started caressing each other. Lori took Jon by the hand and led him to their bedroom. She pulled Jon's shirt off and then pulled his swim trunks down. Jon slipped the straps of Lori's one piece bathing suit off her slender shoulders, then pulled the garment down, letting it fall to her ankles. She stepped out of it and they both embraced tightly, feeling their naked bodies in close contact with each other.

"I love your boobs," Jon said as he cupped a luscious breast in each hand. Then he moved his hands behind her to squeeze her smooth, round ass cheeks. His five-inch-long penis was rock hard by then, and he pressed it against Lori's tummy. He was ready to enter her.

"Don't be in such a rush, baby," Lori cooed as she reached her hand to grasp Jon's dick. "Let's just touch each other for a while. Let's take our time and enjoy each other's bodies".

In deference to his wife, Jon sat his bare butt on the edge of the bed and pulled her close, kissing a tender pink nipple and then sucking on it. After a minute he switched to the other breast. Then, he playfully pulled his wife to him and twisted her body, moving her onto her back on the bed. Lori knew that Jon wasn't going to delay any longer, so she spread her legs and opened her arms. Jon moved in, easily sliding his modest stiff dick into her dripping wet, smooth-shaven vagina.

"Oooh, yeah, baby," Lori moaned, "That's what I need."

"Me too," Jon muttered as began to move in and out. With every downward push of Jon's dick Lori raised her ass off the mattress, maximizing the effect. She remembered at that moment how much she absolutely loved getting fucked, and she began to feel the stirrings of an orgasm when Jon started grunting and cumming. Soon after he came Jon stopped moving. Lori was ready to scream, but she didn't. She smiled up at Jon's happy face and gave him a tender peck on the lips.

Once again, their sex had been good, but not great. At least not for her.

A setback

Jon was behind his desk in his spacious office when he got a call to go see the big boss, the CEO. When Jon entered the CEO's office he saw that the company attorney and his immediate supervisor were there too. Jon thought he was going to get a pat on the back for something. Instead, he got a kick in the gut.

The CEO somberly told Jon that they had a big problem. An employee in the Finance department, who happened to be black, had been embezzling thousands of dollars and was suspected of stealing some computers and other equipment that was missing. The boss said that they'd done a bit of checking and it turned out that the employee had a criminal record and should have never been hired. Jon had overridden company policy and approved the hiring. Jon was asked to explain his actions.

Jon tried to mask his understandable nervousness and explained that the employee was qualified for the Finance position. Jon said he was aware of the criminal history, but he said that the police unfairly target African Americans, as evidenced by the disproportionate number of blacks in jails and prisons. Jon pointed out that since he became Personnel director their diversity record was much improved and they were on target to reach the minority hiring goals he had set.

The CEO shook his head and said that Jon showed a monumental lack of good judgment in hiring a criminal. Not only was it costly for the company, but it was going to be embarrassing too because news media were already making inquiries. The CEO told Jon that he was being removed from his positon, effective immediately, and while he should be terminated, he would be allowed to remain in Personnel, at half his current salary, if he would agree to not discuss the matter with the press or anyone else.

Jon was stunned, but with a mortgage and other bills, any job was better than no job, so he agreed to the CEO's terms. When he slinked back to his former office Jon found that his administrative assistant was already packing up his stuff so it could be moved to his new cubicle.

Lori greeted Jon with a kiss and a smile when he got home from work, then asked him what was wrong when she saw his gloomy face. Jon explained what had transpired. Lori sat down and started to cry, asking Jon what they were going to do. Jon said he would start looking for another job, but that wouldn't be easy since he would never get a letter of reference from his current employer.

Lori took a deep breath and said she would just have to postpone her education again and get a job. Jon sadly agreed that that was the only way they could survive. Plus, Jon said, they'd have to get rid of her car since the payments and insurance were so high.

The next day, Lori started looking for work. She had waited on tables at several different restaurants over the years and she had no real qualifications or training for anything else. Later that week, she was hired by a nearby IHOP. The restaurant was open 24/7 and Lori would have to start out working the overnight graveyard shift. She might eventually get moved to the more lucrative breakfast, lunch or dinner times.

On her first day, after Jon got home from work, Lori put on her IHOP uniform and drove their only car to her new job. She worked from 9 pm to 4 am. She left her tip money on the kitchen table before she collapsed in bed. Jon got up without waking her and found the tips, totaling 38 dollars and some change. At that rate, they would barely be able to make ends meet.

Lori and Jon's happy life evaporated as both had to work jobs that they hated for a pittance. Then, about two weeks later, when Jon got home Lori greeted him with a smile and said she had some good news for a change. Lori could hardly contain her excitement.

"I was the only server working last night because business is just dead, you know," Lori told Jon. "And then, at about midnight, guess who walked in? It was Leon, our new neighbor. He said hello and told me I looked pretty, even in that ugly waitress uniform. Anyway, I put his order in for an omelet, then since no one else was in the place, I sat down in his booth and we started talking. I told him we'd had a setback and I had to go back to work. Before I knew it, Leon told me he would pay me twice my hourly salary and would guarantee that the tips would be way better than IHOP if I went to work at his bar."

"Well that was nice of him, but..." Jon started to say.

"So," Lori blurted, "I put in my notice and I start working for Leon on Tuesday!"

"Whoa, hold your horses," Jon nearly shouted. "Honey, we need the money but I don't like the idea of you working in a bar on Martin Luther King Avenue!"

"Why?!" Lori fired back. "Since when am I too good to wait on black people? I wait on black men at IHOP too, you know. I don't see the difference and I'm surprised at your attitude."

"Well, it is different," Jon insisted. "They don't serve booze at IHOP and you won't have to deal with guys who maybe had too much to drink."

"I thought of that too and I mentioned it to Leon," Lori stated. "Leon said he's the owner, and the bouncer, and if anyone gets out of line with me he'll beat the shit out of them. That's the way he put it, and I don't doubt that he could do it! He's so big and strong! Oh, and don't worry about me driving in that neighborhood because I'm just going to ride with Leon. We're both making the same trip, so we'll use his gas!"

"Well, if you feel like you'll be safe, I guess we can give it a try although I still don't like the idea."

"Stop worrying!" Lori said with a smile. "This could be best thing to happen for us since you screwed up at work! Oh, sorry about that, honey."

Lori was so elated about her new job that she dragged Jon into the bedroom for a quickie before she had to go to IHOP for the next to the last time. Once again, Jon blew his wad before she could come, but after he started dozing she finished herself off with her fingers, enjoying an orgasm while taking her shower, then she got dressed and left for work.

It's off to work we go

Lori and Jon spent the weekend relaxing around the pool. They only saw Leon once when he took a quick dip on the pool. Leon motioned to Lori to step over to the far end of the patio and they had a brief, private conversation, then he left.

On Monday, Jon texted Lori from his desk, just asking how her day was going. She texted him back.

Lori: Fine. Having lunch out with Leon.

Jon: Lunch? Why?

Lori: We got hungry shopping.

Jon: Shopping for what?

Lori: My work clothes. I start tomorrow night, remember?

Jon: OK. See you at home.

When Jon got home he saw that Lori had fixed them a really nice dinner. A celebration, she said. Jon asked her if she got the clothes she needed. She said she did and that Leon had picked them out and paid for them. Jon asked to see what her new uniform looked like, but Lori said she wanted to wait until the next night, before she started her first shift at Leon's bar.

"I'll show you one thing tonight," Lori said smiling, "something extra that Leon insisted on buying me!"

She ran to the bedroom and returned with a shopping bag, then said, "It's a new bathing suit!"

Lori reached into the bag and pulled out a black thong bikini. With a big grin, she held up the two pieces, one dangling from each hand. The top consisted of black strings with two triangular patches attached. The bottom was a few strings with one triangle of fabric.

"Geez, Lori!" Jon erupted. "You're not wearing that! Your whole ass is going to be showing in that thing!"

"I know!" Lori giggled. "Isn't it cute?! I can't wait to model it for Leon -- and you -- next weekend at the pool!"

"No," Jon stated emphatically. "No way! We've all seen what Leon thinks is a proper bathing suit for men and he obviously has no taste in women's wear either!"

PenPal2001
PenPal2001
1,368 Followers