Life and Times of a Priestess Ch. 06 Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She detected his distaste for the work of a priestess, and although she knew there was no similar livelihood in Vanmar she could not understand why he considered it a lowly status. "In Pirion a Priestess has a high status," she said. "Many of us aspire to be Priestesses as children, although it is not for everyone. Men become Priests also. There are many Priests although not so many as Priestesses. The other alternatives were not so attractive to me. The work of servants is limited to the houses of important people but I do not consider that kind of work to be exciting. Life would be dull. As Priestesses we do many tasks which a servant would. We do not only administer to sexual needs and perform ceremonies. You suggested nursing in hospitals. Well we administer to all the needs of the sick. Besides worshipping with them, many of our tasks are concerned with nursing and caring for the sick. There are specialist nurses and of course we have many doctors, many of whom are women. But those tasks did not appeal to me at that time. I do not wish to be such an expert on medical matters, but as a Priestess I could take part in some medical care."

"Don't you see, you Priestesses are being used in Pirion as prostitutes" . He waited as if this word were enough to describe her chosen status as being the worst life she could have chosen. "You are used for the pleasure of the men of Pirion, dominated and controlled. Don't any of you want more out of life than that." Again they had come to a difference of views. But they both knew it did not matter. They would start again later on, on a different topic and begin by hearing each other and end by disagreeing. They came from opposite societies. Danella knew she could not change Ravelleon easily. Ravelleon believed that he had the higher viewpoint and that he could change Danella's opinion. But he was not so blinkered that he believed he could change her in one night.

"As Priestesses we give ourselves for the pleasure of men, but also for our own benefit. We call it worship. It is loving, invigorating and uplifting".

"It is unnatural and sordid. You are denying yourself the chance to have a family, to find a husband who will love and care for you" he said.

"We can leave the Priesthood if we wish Ravelleon. There is no force involved, although I will admit that there were times when I did not wish to live the full life of a Priestess, or would have liked to reduce the tasks a Priestess performs. No society is perfect. I am sure you will admit that your own society is far from perfect. Why do you fight wars? Why do the Prancirians and the Vanmandrians sometimes fight each other? Why are you here in a foreign land imprisoning and killing, far from your precious wives and families?" she asked.

"I do admit that we are not perfect. We have many problems," he said .

"You accuse Pirion of forcing its Priestesses to a life of worship, but you Prancirians have put us to doing something of the same, communing, as we call it. Making love, as you call it, with your own soldiers. You say you would change Pirion and end the Priesthood but you have continued it in a different form here in Dalos. I do not ask for you to stop what we do. We do what we are familiar with and if we are to be prisoners we are content for the present time to continue this. But you say we are dominated and controlled. You dominate and control us here far more than we were controlled under Pirion. Your own government in this city keeps us as Priestesses, and are we free?" she asked.

"This is only temporary", said Ravelleon. "When we soldiers have passed through and the war is finished normality will return. The people, your people and mine will return to normal tasks".

"So you will save us from being Priestesses by conquering and killing. But for a while we must continue for the sole pleasure of your soldiers as a reward for the killing. But when the war stops we will be forced to do something else, not this, and you will have saved us". She allowed her sarcasm to surface. It felt good to be able to criticise the Prancirians to their face without fear for herself. She sensed that Ravelleon understood her criticism and felt it personally. She wasn't sure that he felt any sorrow for the dead or the prisoners, but he did disapprove of allowing the Priestesses to continue their work.

"I admit" he said, "That we fight to rid Pirion of its Priesthood, and in a sense we allow it to continue under occupation. We are not a perfect society and this is a war. I consider it a price of war which will end after the war. Already we dissuade our soldiers from abusing you by charging them".

He had entered onto another issue which Danella had meant to comment on. "General you are benefiting from our work. You are charging your own soldiers and making money for yourselves. I wonder how much of it goes into your own hands. It must amount to a lot of money. You are getting rich on this continuation of the Priesthood. You are benefiting in more ways than the men of Pirion".

The General seemed uncomfortable at this revelation of her knowledge. It was as if he had not expected a Priestess of Pirion to understand so much. His face seemed suddenly ill at ease, and he countered her a little quickly. "I do not accept money for personal gain. We must charge the troops so they recognise they have no right to maltreat you, and to remind them that their families and wives need the money they earn and that wasting it on the pleasures of moments is not sensible. A price on the act of pleasure allows them to recognise this".

The meal was finished. She had talked enough about her own past and about Pirion. She had questioned him about Dumis, about his home town, and about his wife. They had stayed at the table for some time while they drank more wine and talked about smaller matters. She felt a rising tension. Time was advancing. There was a clock on the wall and it was getting late. They had been talking for a long time now and she began to feel drained. What more was there to say. He knew much about her now, and she had learned something less about him. She wanted to progress to the bedroom and complete this night's liaison. Then she would be able to sleep. She began to think that perhaps he intended her to stay the whole night. It would soon be past her normal 'working hours', the expression which the guards used at the dormitory. She had not been told anything about staying all night and had originally assumed not, but now she was not so sure. It would become clear soon. She looked forward either way to an end to conversation and a warmer more natural companionship. She looked forward to his flesh. He had a powerful beautiful face, and his frame was well proportioned if a little short. A handsome face suggested well toned muscles and smooth skin. She looked forward to their taking time with each other which was not usual in the crowded dormitory.

12