Life as a Rogue Ch. 07

Story Info
Friend is like a good bra: supportive & always lifts you up.
1.5k words
4.61
8.8k
13

Part 7 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 03/22/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
HexGlow
HexGlow
118 Followers

April watched as the Chief Resident Doctor of St. Clair pack and her mentor stormed past her. The anger in her stride warned April of impending doom of whoever came in the chief's way. April took a cautionary step back into the room she had come out of.

"April!"

Damn! "Yes Mary?" April stepped out.

"You and Jared Donovan know each other," It wasn't a question. "The Donovan's are your responsibility. I have to concentrate on the rogue; I can't be running between them," that said she turned away and then turned back, "The alpha wants to see Conner Roy when he wakes up, in his office," and stormed off.

"Okay." April muttered as she wondered what had gotten the doctor so angry. She had spent the last couple of hours screaming in ecstasy under Jared, and so had no idea what was currently going on. Spotting a nurse she called out, "Janet! Hey what is going on, I'm a little behind. Mary stormed off carrying the wraths of hell with her, put me in charge of the Donovan's, and said something about the rogue."

"Yeah I saw her too, got out of her way as fast as I could." Janet eyed the way the chief had gone, half expecting her to come back, "as for what's going on, you know the situation with Conner Roy and the Rogue... well, when Laura brought them back here, Conner conked off quick and the rogue became unstable. She's under lock and key, only Mary and two nurses in with her. But I talked to Dawn, whose with the rogue, said her BP is shooting of the roof, heart stopped once, she's in a bad shape. Mary thinks it's because they were interrupted."

"Thanks Janet," April started off then remembered, "Janet, which room is Donovan in?"

"Room 08"

"Thanks." April watched the nurses retreating back, lost in though.

"Interrupted heat cycle... Janet!"

Janet stopped, sighed, than turned, "yes doc?"

"I don't deal with packs heat problems, that's Mary's forte, but we keep records right? Of all the females and their heat cycles, detailed records, so that the female can be quarantined when her time comes?"

"Yes, we have detail records of everyone going back ages, one of my jobs is to maintain them."

"Yes, but you deal with current cases. What about the old ones? We take precautions now, and still we first timers going in heat in the middle of a crowd. Maybe someone miscalculated then too, it's possible, and people a few centuries ago were uptight about this." April remarked, knowing from experience just how uptight some old people could be even in this century, when her grandmother learned April was NOT a virgin and was NOT mated, she nearly burst an artery. "Go through those records, start as far back as there is, read every report, when you have something find me and get some help, I want this done fast."

"That's a good idea." Janet muttered as she hurried to the record room.

April made her way to Room 08. Conner was on the bed, Andrew was spread out on the chair his eyes closed and Jared was standing looking out the window. He turned around sharply before she could call out, his body relaxing as he saw her.

"Hey." She stepped forward, her heart beating wildly at the mere sight of him.

"You shouldn't be here." Jared almost shouted.

April's worry came to a screeching halt. Instead of going to him she turned and walked to the bed, "Why not?"

Jared moved to the bed, cursing himself as her expression changed from worried to insulted. "I meant you should be resting."

"I'm here to do my job Jared." April sighed seeing his earnest expression and decided to give him another chance as he had suffered through a difficult day. "I'm good, really."

Jared saw the smile and thought crises averted.

"How are you two feeling?" April asked going over Conner's reports.

"I'm great." Andrew announced, "I feel amazing. Best two hours of my life. Man Chloe has a fantastic body and those boobs." Andrew sighed.

"Yes I know all about Chloe's boobs. Everyone knows about Chloe's boobs. She doesn't exactly hide them now does she?" April muttered bitterly. The female had all natural, all amazing BIG boobs. "Any dizziness, Nausea?"

Andrew shook his head. "I'm just hungry and tired." Jared sat down on the empty chair beside Drew.

"That's expected. Where's Johnathan?"

April saw the looks the two Donovan's exchanged. "Don't know he went off a few minutes ago."

"I see. You two need to go to the kitchen, eat. It's already been an hour since ... you calmed down. I'll stay here with Conner"

"I'll stay back. Get me something when you're done." Jared motioned for Andrew to leave. Who hurried out of the room.

Turning to April, he watched her as she moved about Conner's bed "What do you want to know?" April raised an eyebrow at Jared's question. "The curiosity is killing you."

"No it's not. I'm a wolf, I can wait get my answers" April turned her back to him as she pretended to be busy reading the report in her hand.

Jared gave a silent chuckle at Aprils pretense, the report clip board was upside down. He waited till he was certain her patience had run out. Just as she turned all of three minutes later, "Three questions are all you will get. And I will only answer in yes or no."

April huffed out a breath, "that's not fair."

Laura had visited them when they had first come out of the heats effects, her instructions clear. The less people knew about Amanda the better. "But first come here, your too far away."

As April got herself right and proper settled on his lap, he thought about the time he has first seen her. She had come to pack center to fill the post of a trauma surgeon and to stay closer to her grandparents. She had punched him square in the jaw, a punch meant for Andrew, who had moved out of the way, and he had an up close look at the Milky Way.

"Do you know her?"

"Yes"

"Is she trouble for the pack?"

"Yes"

"How bad?"

"That's not a yes or no question."

Jared!"

Don't worry we'll take her to Donavan as soon as we can. She's not St. Claire's problem."

"What did you do to Mary?

Jared sighed, "Jon pissed her off when he said something insensitive. He's not rational about this situation."

"I see. Be careful though, I can tell by the security measures taken she is not just a wayward rogue." April moved closer, running her hand through his hair,

A pained groan sounded from the bed, they look at it just as Conner shot up from the bed and ran out the door.

Jared set April aside and ran after hi, only to collide with the returning naked man. "Where is the bathroom?"

"Over there." April pointed out moving out the way as Conner rushed past her.

They stared at the closed door. "Disorientation is normal after effect of a heat induced sleep." April informed the worried wolf by her side.

"Was that Conner running around naked?" Andrew walked in balancing about a dozen containers filled with food.

"Yeah."

Jonathan stepped in carrying even more Tupperware. "Did you inform Mrs. Jackson you raided her pantry?" April asked.

"She saw us." Andrew informed munching on a chicken leg.

The three wolf crowed around the corner of the bed eating, waiting.

"He is taking a long time" Jonathan knocked on the bathroom door," Hey man, you ok in there?"

"I need coffee" Conner opened the door dripping wet, wrapped in a towel. "I need food and cloths and I need to know where Amanda is."

Jared sighed as April gasped, so much for need-to-know, "eat first, Jon and Drew will get you the rest. Amanda is at the hospital too, in a different wing." Jared shot a look at April, urging her to go along.

She nodded as she stepped near Conner, "I need to do a checkup. After you have eaten, Jason wants to see you in his office."

Conner Roy watched as April inched towards him, her posture so tensed so carefull on alert, "I'm not gonna bite you April."

"No but you might claw."

"April!" Jared growled as Conner blanched at the words.

She sighed, "Sorry that was unfair."

"It's OK." Conner shrugged.

"And so it starts!" Jon growled.

"Not now Jon."

"Despite every sign. Every warning, every problem, you will let her into our life's, and when she leaves again, you will lose your shit, again."

Conner's shoulders hunched in, as if defeated," What do you want me to do? Leave her here, hand her over to Knight Pack? What do I do?"

"Let her die, she's halfway there anyway!"

"Damn It Jon" Andrew cursed as he grabbed Jon and dragged him away, "Get out and stay out." Pushing him out of the room.

"He would have found out anyway." Jon defended looking shamefaced.

"Not this way though. I get your hatred for Amanda, but you need to get over it, because your poison is hurting Conner. Have you forgotten she is his chosen mate?"

April leaned down to look at Conner's face, he looked ashen, terrified, "She won't die, she has the best doctors looking after her." She squeezed his shoulders to give the point home. It didn't have much of an effect.

April looked towards Jared for help.

HexGlow
HexGlow
118 Followers