Life Changers Ch. 04

Story Info
Says "YES" and gets 3 men, 2 kids plus 1 ex.
12.8k words
4.66
9.7k
13

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 05/02/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thanks to Dyros who continues editing with an instructor's touch.

*****

Connor led Ella through the house and up the stairs to the cries of his waiting sons. As soon as they saw their father, their expressions immediately changed from terror to smiles. Ella watched them acknowledge her presence as though they knew something had changed.

With efficient steps, he walked her through the early morning routine, allowing her to take over when she explained that this would hardly be her first diaper changing experience. As she tended to Danny, Connor helped Josh brush his teeth and dress. With two energetic boys ready to start their day, Connor and Ella returned to the kitchen to begin breakfast preparations.

In charge of scrambling eggs, Ella found the ingredients and equipment. Connor was handing the boys their milk cups when the intercom beeped and Jack's voice came over the system.

"Connor, are you there?"

Instantly, he was at the panel touching the pad. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Nothing at all. It's just that your mom woke up with a migraine and we were wondering if maybe Ella could join us today to help out with the kids, just for a little while."

Seeing Ella nod, Connor touched the panel again. "Actually, how about you take care of Mom and I'll work from the house today? I'm pretty sure Ella can take care of the boys, but I'll be here if she needs me."

"Oh!" Jack responded with a chuckle. "Well, that's good. Sounds like things are working out over there."

Connor rolled his eyes but responded with, "Yes sir. You could say that."

After a quick goodbye, Connor returned to the task he had begun. When they finally had breakfast on the table, each assisted a child as they grabbed a few bites themselves. The conversation ranged from a cardinal flying by the window to the intricate design of building a snowman, and finally, to the topic of birth control.

"Last night," Connor started, "I used a condom. If you want to delay having children, then we will obviously agree. Unless you have issues with being on birth control, I would prefer not wearing those things."

"Yeah, that's a big decision that needs to be made fast," she mumbled as she cleared the table.

"Ella, you've agreed to become the wife of three men and adopt two sons. I think big decisions made fast just might be your niche."

Returning to her seat, Ella watched the boys play at the table. "I want kids."

"So you've said."

"I want you to tell me..."

Connor frowned as he watched her pause. Reaching across the table, he pulled her hand into his and said, "In the long run, I'm going to be there right by your side through every minute of every child, although I've yet to figure out how to explain my presence in the delivery room."

"Uh, no," she grimaced. "If there's ever a time that it should be a drugged out mother alone in a room full of healthcare professionals..."

"It won't be when my child is being born," he interrupted. "Get used to it. But back to the topic at hand. It's still your body. With all of the adjustments you'll be making, I know having a child could add undue stress which wouldn't be good for either of you."

"So I have to decide," she snapped. "Damn, why can't this be one of those things you just order me to do? I want kids. If I get on the pill now, then how long should I wait? And shouldn't we start as soon as possible while you guys are young enough to keep up with them..."

"Because we're so damn old."

"I didn't say that," she said defensively. "But you are older than me. Anyway, I say no. Sort of."

"To what question, exactly?"

"Do I want to start taking birth control."

"And your answer is sort of no?"

"I don't want to get pregnant before I'm married so you guys will just have to..." she paused, motioning to his groin area. When he remained silent, she sighed and added, "You know."

"Still shy even after last night, sweet Ella?"

"One night of sex doesn't..."

"Don't forget the blowjob you gave Ryan."

Gasping at his words, Ella's eyes opened wide as she looked around the table. Relieved they were being ignored by the toddlers; she turned back to Connor and glared.

"Do you guys immediately report updates?"

"No," he answered. "I haven't talked with either of them."

"Then how did you know ...about that?"

"You were in the dining room, which is considered common territory here."

"Oh, yeah, sorry about that."

"Don't be sorry. Just don't be shocked when I join you the next time."

"That's the part..."

"That still scares you?" He moved to the seat beside her. "Think about it, Ella. In less than forty-eight hours, how much of our lives have you come to accept? I promise that you'll be willing. We would never force you."

He opened his arms and she leaned into his embrace. Surprised at how easily she believed him, Ella searched her mind for any doubts or fears for her safety.

"Somewhere in all of this, I've lost my mind," she mumbled against his chest. When he tightened his arms around her, she held him closer.

"When Scott told me that you were in the car with Ryan, I knew our lives would change forever. He can be reckless with his own life but he was the last person I thought would bring another woman into this home."

"Did your wife's leaving hurt him that much?"

"First of all, she was ours not just mine. And yes, not because she left but everything that led up to it."

"What was she like?"

"In one word, conniving."

"You said she loved this life."

"I said I really thought she loved this life," he corrected. "As it turns out, her greed was a bottomless pit."

"She sounds like an abuser."

"She was...is," he said, and pulled away as the children began fussing. He lifted Josh from his booster seat and asked, "What was the decision about birth control?"

"You guys wear condoms until we're married."

"Good answer," he said softly as he lifted Danny into his arms. "I think that would've been my suggestion too."

"So what kind of schedule do the boys have?" She was ready to start her new life.

"Pretty much they wake up every morning at the same time. We've been taking them to Mom's; by the way, she will still help. Actually, she will insist on it. They play. Eat lunch. Nap. And play some more."

"Sounds good."

"And on weekends my brothers and I pretty much follow the same schedule," he added with a wink. "Come on. Let me show you around their rooms."

Ella followed him with Danny in her arms as they climbed the stairs and returned to the boys' rooms. When Connor opened a door that she had not noticed earlier, her eyes widened with excitement. The playroom, painted in bright colors and loaded with every age appropriate toy and activity imaginable, rivaled small toy stores.

"Yeah, we vowed to not spoil them but something happens when they're your kids," he said sheepishly.

"These rooms are amazing," she finally said. Walking through the area she touched, rolled, and bounced every item she could reach. "I'll be right back."

Before Connor could say a word, Ella was down the stairs and searching for her room. Opening a drawer, she found what she needed and hurried to return. Ascending the stairs, she braced herself not to blush when the inquiries began.

Somewhat prepared, she walked back into the room and announced, "If I'm going to be rolling around the floor with the kids, I'm at least going to be wearing panties."

Connor's laugh was so quick and loud that it surprised everyone else in the room. Before long, they were all smiling in the relaxed atmosphere even if two of their party had no idea what was so funny. After several minutes of playing on the floor, Josh appointed himself the tour guide in charge of introducing Ella to his domain.

"This room is awesome," Ella said for the hundredth time, as she stood by the balcony doors.

"It used to be the master suite which we gave to Gloria."

"Because it was between your rooms?"

"I don't think I even considered that," he frowned, "So be prepared Ella, you could be on the other side of the estate and when I want you, I'll find you."

"I'm starting to like your threats," she responded and returned to the floor to sit beside him.

"This room was hers because of the size. I thought she had suggested converting the sitting room into a nursery but, now that I think about it, I don't really remember."

"Maybe she suggested it because of the central location so you guys could help with the kids."

"You're assigning noble qualities that she does not deserve, but maybe you're right. God knows she was absent most of the time."

Before Ella could respond, a noise interrupted them. She glanced at the intercom but knew the sound was from a different source. Connor's phone vibrated against the shelf of the bookcase.

"I'll get it for you," she offered seeing that both boys had him pinned down.

Handing the phone to him, she could see a text message displayed on the screen. She averted her eyes to avoid reading it. When Connor started laughing, her curiosity drew her eyes back to the screen.

"Where's your phone, Ella?"

"Uh." She tried to remember.

"Here," he said, as he did something on his phone, "Follow the alarm. It will lead you to it. Be prepared to meet Scott's wrath. You've really made us reconsider our thoughts on spanking."

Smiling as she left the room, Ella was surprised to feel her body's response to his statement. If she kept reacting this way, she would need to carry extra underwear with her at all times. Once in the library, she was able to find the phone, swipe off the alarm and read the messages. The most recent was a little threatening, so she scrolled to the bottom until she found the first.

Scott had started by announcing his departure from home, followed by his hopes that she would miss him. Well, she did, so all was good so far. He let her know that Miami was too hot for the middle of February and he would rather be naked with her in freezing cold Virginia. The spare pair of panties idea was sounding better every second. By the time he was in bed, she knew she would need to stop by her room before returning to the kids. She read everything a second time; even the threats were making her heart beat a little faster.

She smiled as she tapped out her response, "Ready and willing."

Moving to Ryan's texts, she was a little disappointed to find only a few messages, and then she read them. What Scott took several lines to accomplish, Ryan completed with very few keystrokes. He typed as though he had to pay for each letter, so every word was to the point in describing what he expected to find when he returned home.

Her response was simple like his. "Ok."

The phone safely stored in the breast pocket of her borrowed shirt, she detoured by her room to freshen up.

Returning to the boys' room, she found Connor by the window talking on the phone while the boys entertained themselves on the floor. When she caught his eye, he looked relieved to see her and told the person he was placing them on hold.

"I need to do some work. Can you handle this for a few minutes?" he asked motioning to the boys. "I'll be in the office downstairs if you need me."

"Yeah, we'll be fine," she answered with a smile, hoping she appeared more confident than she felt. "Show me how to reach you on the intercom if I need you."

After a very quick tutorial, Connor left Ella alone with his sons. As though they sensed her unease, the boys were suddenly still and quiet, watching her almost suspiciously. She had to do something quick because if they even cried foul, Connor would probably throw her from the balcony first and ask questions later. He denied having a heart, so she doubted he had ever seen his own reflection when his sons were in his arms.

Glancing quickly around the room, she searched for something and berated herself for her nerves. They were his sons...their sons...soon to hers, too. She could do this. Once her eyes landed on the red engine, she knew she had found her prize.

"Oh! Does this train work?" she asked as she brought the shiny plastic engine to the floor. Within seconds, the boys were eager to prove that their domain held only the best of, well, everything. Time passed quickly as they assembled tracks and created a plastic line that would rival the ones built with Hank Reardon's blue steel.

As they prepared for a trial run, Danny crawled into Ella's lap and pointed to their creation.

"Mama."

Ella bit her lip and tried not to interpret too much from his gibberish.

"Mama," he repeated.

Smiling at the baby, she held his hand and pointed to the railroad. Hell, maybe he thought the railroad was his mama. After hearing a little bit about the woman, Ella thought the plastic was probably an improvement over the real thing.

"Ha!" Josh said. "He called you Mama."

Well, there it was. Out of the mouth of babes. She considered a response.

"No I'm not."

"Not yet, little man, but I will be soon." Or,

"Hell yeah, I'm here to help you forget that other bitch ever existed."

She laughed aloud, liking the last response best, although she would need to replace a few words before sharing her thoughts with the children.

"Ok. Are we ready?" she asked as Josh snapped the train onto the tracks. "Let's go!"

When the green button was pressed, they sat together applauding the slow progress of their maiden expedition. They cheered as the train crossed bridges, turned curves, and climbed the inclines. When the engine tripped a switch that caused a cow to moo, Ella squealed in surprise and they all laughed at her enjoyment.

After a successful run, they decided it was time to repeat the trek with a little more speed. Engrossed in the progress of their creation, Ella was unaware that they were no longer alone in the room. She had no idea a photo had captured the children and her smiling with happiness. Moreover, she remained clueless as the photo was attached to a text and sent to two recipients. It included a simple message.

She said yes

The railroad adventure continued amid shouts of encouragement and applause. They added tracks and cars until they had created the little engine that no longer could. Seeing Joshua's disappointment was almost heartbreaking, but Ella decided to use the defeat as another way of bonding with the child.

"Hmm," she started as she squinted towards the ceiling in exaggerated thought. "What should we have done differently?"

"Wreck?" Joshua suggested.

"Wreck!" Danny repeated, clapping his hands.

"But what if we break it?" Ella asked, widening her eyes in horror. "It could fall on Miss Lulu!"

"Who's Miss Lulu?" Joshua demanded.

"That's what I call the cow."

"That's not her name."

"Lulu!" Danny added with more applause.

"Then what's her name?"

"Uh," Josh stared at the plastic animal. "Cow?"

"But she needs a name that separates her from the other cows."

"Fat cow."

"Ok, Josh, the first lesson in dealing with females is that you never call them a fat anything. She needs a girl's name."

"Lulu?" Danny sounded as though he was making a suggestion.

"Lulu." Josh grumbled. "Stupid cow."

"She's not stupid either," Ella admonished. "Just because you don't like her name doesn't mean anything is wrong with her. Now, what can we do to get this train up the hill?"

"Push it?" Joshua suggested.

"Maybe, but it has an engine and should be able to do it."

"Move the hill?"

"If it were a real hill, we wouldn't be able to do that unless we had a bulldozer."

"And Joshua has a selection of those in various sizes and colors," Connor said from the door. "You're working the kid pretty hard. What is this? Preschool SATs?"

Ella tried to remember what she had said that would have appeared difficult. Looking at Connor, she saw that he was teasing and not criticizing her.

"I was just trying to encourage him to talk with me," she explained.

"I know and you've done a great job, especially with that one," he said motioning to Danny. "I support giving him challenges to stimulate his imagination, but then," he added, as he sat beside his eldest son, "I'm also not opposed to lending some assistance where it's appreciated."

Ella smirked as he leaned close to the child and they conspired against her challenge. Glancing at Danny sitting in her lap, she realized that he too was watching his father and brother work out the train debacle.

"Cheater," she murmured.

"It's only cheating if a person knowingly breaks the rules. Ms. Sinclair, to your knowledge, have either my son or I been told any rules to this problem set before us?"

As she pondered his question, Danny moved from her lap to join in the traitorous whispers. Ella was not quick to judge against the little boy's ability to understand the motive of their meeting. Within seconds, excess cars were uncoupled until only the engine remained.

"Just because you haven't heard the rules doesn't mean they don't exist."

"For example?"

"I don't know," she said with exasperation. "Thou shall not..."

"Cheating is not one of the Ten Commandments."

"Commit adultery."

Connor stared at her for a full second before he fell backward laughing. Once again, his laughter incited a round of giggles from his sons who had no idea why they were laughing.

"First of all, the terms of adultery are spelled out in our Expectations Clause and again in the pre-nup. And secondly, are you, the girl who just agreed to this relationship, throwing a religious rule at me?"

"What's wrong with that? Aren't you religious?"

"Oh yeah, sure," he answered quickly. "I teach Sunday School every week and have been known to present a real 'Hellfire and Brimstone' sermon on occasion. Ella, seriously, I'm a heathen, not a hypocrite."

Recoiling at his words, Ella turned her head to look away wishing they could change the subject. Of course, Connor would have to be the dog with a bone.

"Are you religious, Ella?" he asked as he continued working with his sons.

"Uh, no. Not really," she whispered.

"I've missed something," he stated, staring at the railroad.

Ella followed his gaze and frowned in confusion. The setup was ready for another high-speed attempt at the hill. He had been thorough in his design. Then she understood that he was referring to her and not the train set.

"I was raised in...well, my dad was preacher so obviously I spent my childhood in church...not that it has anything to do with..."

"It has everything to with us," he said when she faltered.

Connor stared directly at her until she thought she might start crying. It was hardly her fault that his background investigation had failed to include her father's occupation.

"It doesn't matter," she tried to explain, "It has nothing to do with the choice I've made to be here."

"Yes, it does," he replied quietly. "You did what you thought was right and where did it get you? So, now you're going to throw in the towel and try the alternative."

"I was not thinking that!"

"Why not? What were you thinking? If you were thinking at all."

Ella whipped her head around to glare at him. Only the sight of the boys sitting with him stopped her from unleashing her temper. Taking a deep breath, she waited until her jaw unclenched.

"Connor, what just happened? I was playing trains with the kids and now you're snapping at me about my past."

"It's not that..."

"Now, Daddy." Josh pointed at the engine.

Connor sent Ella a silent plea to grant him reprieve until they could continue without an audience. With a nod, she returned to the challenge at hand and silently chastised herself for not considering the children.

Both adults cheered the little plastic train as it completed the journey. Forgetting his father's assistance, Josh repeated the journey explaining to Ella why the engine was now able to accomplish the task. She smiled and encouraged him to consider new ways they could build the railroad. After a few suggestions, Connor announced that it was time for lunch and the men would disassemble the railroad if Ella would agree to prepare the meal.