Life Goes On

Story Info
The trials and lives of a group of connected people.
26.7k words
3.47
27.3k
14
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story follows the lives of several of the characters in Whose Fault Was It. It should be free standing but there is useful information in the previous story lines. Again I know this isn't perfect in grammar and spelling. I do appreciate all constructive posts that will help me improve.

Thanks

*****

JILL TRENTON

Jill Stanley Trenton drove away with the intention of never patronizing the business again. She thought of what had happened. Not only had Mark Parker been there but to add to her discomfort Janet came in. On the busy Saturday morning the place was full. But to Jill's bad luck the man beside her gave up his seat to a lady. It did no good to hide behind the magazine. Janet had recognized her.

The visit would have been tolerable if it hadn't been for Mark's presents in the building. True he was in the bay working but he would come in when her husband's car had been serviced. How would it be when he saw her and Janet together? The last time Jill had seen him and mentioned Janet's name she could tell it was not a subject he wished to discuss.

The only thing that Jill had going was her marriage. She began with that. Showing Janet the 5.5 karat wedding ring she hoped would cool her old friend and maybe send her off, but it didn't. To her surprise Janet smiled and countered that she too was married. The ring Janet sported was not near as impressive and was a three ring set.

Making the best of an uncomfortable situation Jill told of her newly arrived grandchild. Janet smiled and said she understood for she had three of her own. Well they were actually her husband's grandchildren but she claimed them. Jill had to admit the same was her case.

Jill was squirming in her seat and just wanted to get out of there. She was angry at her husband for making her bring his prize Bentley in for service while he took her car and played golf. She only half listened as Janet told of how her little granddaughter was neglected. And how Grand MaMa' would change that. She was also angry that her old friend seemed so happy. Not at all cold and unfriendly as she had been those years ago. In fact the hostility felt for her by her old friend had been the reason Jill had sold her home and moved.

Yes Janet was happy and it wasn't a 'plastic façade' as Jill presented. When that thought came to mind she smiled thinking of how Janet would soon face a painful memory. That will almost make it worthwhile, she thought. Let her face her ex-husband and see if that changes her mood. The man that had committed adultery with her while Janet was out of town. It might even be a 'priceless moment'.

About then Jill became aware that Mark was standing in front of her chair. Suddenly she felt cold. Nothing was humorous at that moment. Janet hadn't noticed him as she produced photos of her grandchildren. All she could do was wait to see what would happen. Hopefully if her name was mentioned in the verbal mayhem no one in the establishment would report it to her husband. Raymond Trenton would not be understanding about his wife associating with a man she had slept with. Especially when it came out the man was married at the time.

But all of that changed in an instant when Mark asked, "Is Janet boring you to tears Mrs. Trenton?" And an equally puzzling reply from Janet, "You hush up. I'm a grandmother now and have the right to enjoy it. Jill you remember my husband Mark."

Jill was stunned. She felt like she was in the twilight zone. She managed to make it to her car with Janet walking beside her. Both said they had to get together and talk about old times but neither offered a number.

If that wasn't enough to confuse her, Jill looked in her mirror to witness a well staged or passionate kiss between the two. What was going on? Mark had left those years ago partly because she and he had enjoyed one brief sexual encounter. Janet never confessed but Jill knew there had been some sort of payback that had been part of their breakup. Now to see them as a loving couple with no evidence of their divorce was a little much. And were they remarried? Janet said so. Was it some vengeful trick the two were playing on her? Was Janet planning to inform Mr. Trenton of his wife's sorted past?

Again Jill thought of how Mark had reacted just three months earlier to Janet's name. And at that time he hadn't worn a wedding band. Was that a part of the plan too? She was confused and worried. And her mood was evident when her husband returned from his outing. When questioned she just said it was so hectic at the service and the people so rude. Her husband seemed to accept that, but she couldn't be sure.

SALLY ROGERS

As Jill and Janet were driving away Mark was getting Sally Rodgers prepared to close that night. She had earned an unexpected but much needed advancement. With her twin daughters and a disabled mother, the money would be most welcome. Thinking of Sally's safety he had arranged for Billy to stay late. Mark felt Sally alone would be too tempting a target for a petty thief. With the knowledge the young man had feeling for Sally, having pointed out the state of her car, Mark told Billy to use the time to check, service and make minor repairs on the vehicle so she would have dependable transportation.

"And Billy will you make sure Sally gets home safe tonight?" Mark had requested.

"Yes sir and can I say you said so?"

"Sure but don't use my name too often." With that Mark was off. Janet had asked him to come in early and he wanted to comply.

Sally worked the balance of her shift with an occasion tear of joy. She had been so afraid of losing her job and the income, that it never occurred to her she might get promoted. She had wanted to call her mother when she went upstairs to check the instructions left by her boss. She was not expecting what she found. It was a little advance that would mean food on the table the next week. With her tears of joy she waited and would tell her mother later that evening.

That night when she locked up Billy escorted her to her car. He followed her home and even walked Sally to her door. She felt it a little strange but he had assured her the boss had asked him to. On the step she turned to say good night. For a minute he didn't say a word, then leaned in abruptly to kiss her. His lips found her but she didn't respond. She was angry. She thought the only reason Billy James had come home with her was for a roll in the hay. It was common knowledge she had two children and no husband.

Her angry words hit Billy hard. He stepped back, hung his head and turned to go. Sally watched till he was out of sight before she unlocked her door and went in. Her excitement had been dampened but was soon rekindled when she showed her mother the $200.00 and explained her promotion. In a moment the two were hugging and crying together.

The next morning when Sally opened the store the only thing that was a little different was Billy. He wouldn't come in the break room or even look toward the glass window that separated the bay from the office waiting room. Sally assumed he was angry that she wouldn't swoon to his advances. Billy on the other hand was embarrassed and hurt. Embarrassed he couldn't control himself and hurt because he was in love with Sally. Both being a little shy, he had a problem expressing his feeling and she hadn't imagined a respectable man might want her for who she was, and not just for fun.

Fate can play such cruel tricks on a person some times. Sally was the only one in the place that didn't know about Billy's feeling for her. After a week of distance and tension Sally talked to her boss about it. She had a small fear it might affect her job.

"Mr. Parker I need to talk with you."

"Sure Sally what you need?"

"Mr. Parker there's a little problem in the shop; I mean there's a little problem between Billy and me."

"What do you mean?" Mark asked hoping Billy hadn't used his name inappropriately.

"Well we aren't getting along like we once did. I mean he isn't as friendly. Well it's like he doesn't like me anymore. I hope it isn't cause I got promoted and all."

"Don't think that would matter. And Billy....well he thinks the world of you."

"Really!" The thoughts that Billy might have had told some story about her saying she did or she didn't put out, made her a little angry.

Mark picked up on the tone of her voice. "Let me talk to Billy and I'll see what I can find out."

"No maybe you shouldn't Mr. Parker. I mean he might think I'm trying to get him in trouble." Sally hadn't thought about the possibility of Billy telling things to the boss.

Mark knew something was wrong. He had to get to the bottom of it. A few minutes later he was in the bay talking to Billy. The conversation started with the boy looking at the floor and scuffing his feet, Mark began to worry. When Billy said maybe he should quit or maybe change shops Mark new it was serious.

"OK Billy what's up between you and Sally? She says you're not friendly any more. I know there's something wrong. Now fess up."

"Oh Mr. Parker I just did a dumb thing, that's all. It's all my fault."

"What's your fault?"

"When I took...followed Sally home the other night I...I kissed her....I couldn't help it...I just did. It made her real mad. I know she don't care for me...well I know it now. I bet I....well I'm just a grease monkey and got no money."

"Billy..what happened?'

"I done told you, I kissed her or tried to. She just didn't like it a' tall. She just looked at me like...like she...like she saw a bum or something."

"Is that all you did and all she did?"

"Sure what you mean? I wouldn't do on disrespectful thing to her nor nothing like that. I didn't touch her, you know, like try to feel or the like."

"OK, give me a minute. I'll try to sort this out. All you did was kiss her."

A minute later Mark had Sally in the office. "Sally is this about a kiss on your door step?"

Sally was nervous and embarrassed. "Guess that's when it started, I guess."

"Did Billy do anything...I mean all he did was kiss you?"

"Yes sir and on the lips too. It was just that I never. I'm not that way. He got mad when I...I just didn't want his kiss. He must have wanted more and...I haven't been leading him on. I just want to keep my job Mr. Parker. It means so much to us..." and she began to cry.

"Sally I want to tell you something. Billy has strong feeling for you. Everyone in the shop knows that. Did you know Billy was the one that put the sign on the refrigerator saying no food left over night. And he put my name on that note. Do you know why he did it? He did it so you would take the food home. He was worried you weren't getting enough to eat to keep your babies healthy."

Sally stopped crying and her eyes widened. "Billy did that for me?"

"Yes ma'am he did. And he did a lot of other things too. He fixed a flat on your car one day. He saw you had bald tires and mentioned it to me. He asked if he could use the tools to change your tires. Did you know he put a used set on your car? Think he would have put on new ones but he was afraid you would notice and be mad."

"Billy did that...he did that for me?"

"Yes he did. Every time he looked at you we could all see love in his eyes. Are you telling me you never knew?"

"I just though he...he wanted...just.."

"Sally I will be blunt, Billy wants that and more. He wants you...all of you... he loves you. But he wants you to want him too."

Sally was crying again. She had never had a boy or man treat her that way. The only one that had interest in her had left when he found her pregnant. When she calmed down Mark called Billy to the office.

Billy stepped in and looked at her. "I'm sorry Sally. I didn't mean it that way. I know I shouldn't have. I just wanted to kiss you that's all."

"Why did you want to kiss me?"

"I just did that all."

"You said did? That mean you changed your mind?"

Billy was a little stumped by the question. Yes he did want to kiss her but only if she wanted it. How could he answer? "Yes..I mean no...I mean I sure wanted to kiss you but I didn't I wanted you to want me to."

"I don't know if I want a kiss right now Billy but I sure need a hug. Can I hug you?"

Billy was stunned when she stood and put her arms around him. After a minute she looked up and smiled. "I need to get back to work. That was a great hug. Bet I'll need a kiss pretty soon. Well not today but one of these days."

EMMA PARKER

As Mark was speaking with Sally and Billy, Emma sat in the waiting room of her doctor's office. She had made the appointment as directed by her husband. When she had informed her husband Jeremy that she was no longer on birth control he became concerned. Especially since he had just made his second deposit of seed into her womb.

She was finally called into the treatment room. There a nurse about her age checked her blood pressure, pulse and took blood. With that done she gave Emma a gown and asked her to change. With a little blush Emma began to remove her blouse and skirt. Just as she was down to her underwear the nurse came back in.

"Mrs. Parker..." she said as Emma tried to cover herself. "The doctor wants to make sure you remove you bra, panties and all." The nurse waited for an answer.

Nurse Sylvia Manor was not usually an unpleasant person, but she was that today. Perhaps she had good cause. That day was her 50th birthday and her husband of 38 years seemed to have forgotten. That was not unusual for Harold, for he had never attached any sentiment to anniversaries or birthdays. But he was a good man and husband in many other ways.

The thing that was most aggravating to Sylvia at that moment was the fact Emma had come to see if there would be any danger for her or the child should she become pregnant. That could only mean Emma and her husband were having frequent and unprotected sex. She was a little jealous for her husband had long since lost any sexual desire for her. But knowing Harold as she did, she was certain he had no other sexual partner.

With Emma in the gown Sylvia got a good look at her. That only added to her anger. Emma was an attractive woman and even kept her sex shaved and trimmed. She had a nice figure and was attractive with her makeup and hair style. It was easy to tell her patient spent time each week at a salon, a place where she was pampered. That fact was evident from her manicured finger and toes.

All that added to Sylvia's insecurity and anger. She had to work and this Emma woman got to stay home and play house. It wasn't fair the nurse thought. Why did so many women have it better than her? She fumed, bet Emma never had a birthday or anniversary pass with no notice.

Comparing herself to Emma, Sylvia was 3" shorter and 30 pounds heavier. Was that the reason her husband had lost interest in her? Or was it because she didn't use the time and money to hide her gray hair? Was it the clothing she selected, basis things like cotton panties not the sexy ones? Why should this woman have a man that desired her so and Sylvia more or less feel rejected?

Emma lay on the table with her legs in the stirrups, spread being prepared for her exam. It was then the nurse remembered she hadn't taken her temperature. Going to the cabinet Sylvia took out a rectal thermometer. It would serve the woman right she thought to have her temperature taken anally!

The procedure didn't escape poor Emma as she lay on her back, legs spread wide for examination. And to make it even more humiliating for her patient Sylvia pulled the sheet away explaining it was in the way of her seeing the thermometer. Feeling rather vindictive she didn't apply lubricant to the instrument but rather used what little she could gather from the opening of Emma's birth canal. And she had done it slowly and kept up a narrative as she did. She wanted Emma to know just what was going on. All that added to the humiliation of the wife and mother.

The doctor arrived with Jeremy at his heels. He was surprised to see the patient already prepared. It was not the practice of the clinic to allow nurses to do those things but today it was a welcome deviation. He smiled, greeted Emma and began his exam.

As he worked the nurse stood at Emma's head. She kept her eyes on the patient, a fact Emma felt them as much as she did the probing on the other end. As the doctor worked Jeremy stood to the side but was not privy to the exam because the sheet was in place. Emma was relieved a little at that but still felt exposed. Her eyes switched from her husband to the top of the doctor's head and on occasion she cast an embarrassed glance toward the nurse.

The exam over the doctor began to have an intimate conversation with Jeremy. Knowing Emma had problems with the pill he suggested several other options. With each he told of the pros and the cons. Jeremy was so interested and involved he paid no attention to his wife. To some it might has appeared him rude or callous. But that was not the case. Jeremy wanted to fully understand each word said by the doctor.

The nurse noted that and it only caused a little more anger. Emma's husband was truly interested in his wife's health. Harold assumed that since she was a nurse it was her duty to handle all health issues, including his. She wouldn't admit it but her anger was from envy.

When it was over Jeremy and the doctor left the room. Sylvia stayed to 'help' Emma off the table and get her ready to join the doctor and her husband in the office. It was quickly evident to Emma that the nurse was not there to be helpful.

"Mrs. Parker you are so lucky to have a husband that will come with you to the doctor. Most men won't you know. And to allow him to see you open and exposed like that. Most women would be embarrassed. But I see you are a very mature person."

Emma didn't answer as much as she just acknowledged the words. She had a tingle that was different that she ever felt. It was a sexual feeling and it worried her a little. What was it about the woman that brought it on? She wasn't sexually attracted to the nurse was she? She hoped not. Trying to push it from her mind she hurried. Soon she was in the office with her husband and the doctor.

As it happened the doctor needed to get to his other patients so he explained that Emma and Jeremy could work out what they felt best. But to help her, she could have Nurse Manor demonstrate some of the latest things available. She and her husband could decide and relay it back to him. With that he was gone.

Sylvia smiled when she learned of her duty. Taking Emma to a back examination room she demanded the women strip again. This time she didn't offer a gown. It was embarrassing for the wife and mother of three to strip naked as a nurse patted her foot. She would have walked out but her husband has told her to say and discuss optional birth control devices.

When she was without clothing Emma tried to cover herself, "Oh woman you have been naked in the doctor's office before. And it's just you and me. Now get up on the table. We need to get on with it."

"But why do I need to be on the table and why do I need to be naked. Can't I have a gown or sheet at least?"

"No! Now got on the table and let me check you out. I need to see what type of device might work best in you."

"In me? I wasn't thinking about..."

"Evidently you are thinking about servicing your man." Sylvia's eyes bored into Emma. Her anger was building. This uppity wife had too much. And she had a man that loved her.... a man that still fucked her. And he did it bareback. She thought sourly that it had been years since she had felt seed from a man.

Emma blushed, "We are married....and...and it's what married people do."

123456...8