Life is a Runway

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Take care of yourself and see you tomorrow evening. I can hardly wait.

Sam"

Fay read the note as often as her headache would allow it. She then watched at the clock. It was 8h10 AM. "Close enough..." she told herself, and took another maximum dose of Panadols. She drank some water and even let an ice cube melt in her mouth. She then left a message on her assistant's voice mail and drifted back to sleep, with a huge, contented smile. She was periodically whispering to herself "... Sam... mijn betrouwbaar..."

3. - the soaring

Late afternoon on May 16th, Samuel finished locking up Betrouwbaar on the grounds of the Zbraslavice Aeroklub and walked anxiously towards the makeshift trailer park. He was tired and rightfully so: six hours of cross-country flying in the very busy and controlled European skies, plus a pit stop and customs scrutinizing at Karlovy Vary Airport, represent a very full working day. However, Samuel was a bundle of nerves and felt none of it. The elation stemming from his participation at a world event and the prospect of another evening with Fay both kept him on edge.

As if he was not nervous enough to begin with, Samuel realized that he had no clue which trailer was his to bunk in. He double-backed to the main Aeroklub building to get directions from the accommodations committee and, as an afterthought, bought two meals at the small restaurant. It would be typical airport cantina fare for his first meal in Czechia.

Samuel found the trailer and noticed that it was merely parked: the awning was still retracted and no table or chairs were set outside. One of the team SUVs and the disassembled Senna were parked right beside it, without any sign of life. He was hearing his heart thump in his chest as he knocked on the door.

"Fay?" No answer.

He silently opened the door and tip-toed in. There she was, her back to him, sporting a James Dean t-shirt-and-jeans look and typing furiously on her laptop keyboard. Her beauty was different, on the wild side, but still jaw-dropping to him. Samuel fought back the urge to shout and startle her; he put down the meals, slowly walked toward her and merely touched her shoulder. That was enough to bring all his loins to full attention, to the point of discomfort under his flight suit.

He immediately pulled away his hand when he felt her shoulder shudder and his breathing stopped right on cue to hear the divine sound of her gasp.

"Sam!" Her smile was practically outshining the computer screen. But the awkwardness of the moment was obvious for an instant, as both were unsure to hug, kiss, or whatever.

This irked Fay. "Oh! For God's sake, Sam, kiss me! I was drunk, not dead!" Samuel chuckled and, once more, never considered not complying. He hugged her close, with no reservation, and quickly met her lips with his. A chaste kiss, full of tenderness.

"It's so good to see you, Fay... AND you look amazing, as always. How do you feel and how was your drive?"

"Bored out my mind and famish... you brought food!!! Sam, you're a Godsend! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Tell you what... let me close my blog while you set the table, and then we can talk all about ourselves with our mouths full... how does that sound?"

"Heavenly..." she kissed him on the cheek before briefly returning her attention to her laptop.

"So, Fay, will you be having the club sandwich or the hamburger steak? Also, looking in the fridge... I see we are drinking... Carlsberg beers."

"The club sandwich, please... and I will spin it off before bedtime."

"Ah, you're into spinning? That explains part of your incredible shape... but I suppose you also work out... I see some very nice muscle mass on you."

"I do boxing workouts... in fact, I will try just about any exercise that does not involve...you know... risks of... revealing... the groin area."

"Well, that makes sense. So, what about that 10 km line of suitors?"

"I am single, Sam. And I do not see anyone, although I hope that is soon about to change. To be truthful, I do attract a lot of attention from afar, but I have gotten quite experienced at repelling unwanted advances. And you, Sam?"

"I have had two girlfriends, in Canada. Both long-lasting relationships where I got dumped. I tend to be invisible and have not been dating anyone since my arrival in Europe. I still cannot believe you would give a go at a relationship with me... I mean, you DO realize just how out of my league you are, right? I have already admitted that you own me, Fay, so please, just level with me: do you want to upset your family, or maybe have a sure fling because I leave in five months, or do you really want to BE with me?"

"Sam, I had not thought about the time factor until now... and I felt a sting in my heart doing so. You have been anything but invisible to me since we first spoke. And I certainly want to know you better. A LOT better. So... how about we start with the real intimate stuff: I am 27 years old, Sam, what about you? I would guess you are maybe a little younger?"

"Touche, Fay, I turned 26 last November... it seems I was conceived on Valentine's Day!"

"That is sweet... and you have a baby face. I hope I can convince you to stay long enough for me to celebrate your next birthday properly."

"I suppose anything's possible, but if it's to happen, I don't want it to be an extravagant hoopla... I would not know where to put myself..."

"Tut, tut! I will choose; case closed. Now, next question: I don't recall you ever telling me what it is that you do at the International Criminal Court."

"I'm a witness assistant. It's a 50% part-time assignment, but I don't mind: it lets me fly a lot and I just love handling Betrouwbaar."

"You have a woman's posting, do you know that?"

"Why, because it's at 50% time?"

"Yes, part-time jobs are extremely popular with Dutch women... so much so that the country was once investigated by the EU for discrimination..."

"No waaaay!"

And thus it went for the entire evening, with all the useless and wonderful trivia that two people just have to share when they open themselves and fall in love. However, both were wary about their drinking, as they would be flying tomorrow, so they had quickly switched from beer to tea.

"Sam... I think we ought to call it a day... I am still drained from that never-ending trip. But I had a marvelous evening in your company. It gives me great hope for our future. And... huh... will you be upset with me if I want... this... us... to evolve slowly?"

"Never in a million years, Fay... so, which bunk do you choose?"

How quickly she irks was startling. "Oh good grief! I said slow, Sam, not lethargic! Go brush your teeth and get in here!!!" She could march an army division under fire with that commanding tone of hers. He was laughing about it, throughout all his evening ablutions. But when he came to bed, wearing his night briefs, a gasp swallowed his laughter, as Samuel was mesmerized by the sight and feel of her in a pinkish white satin nightgown. She had a welcoming smile and kissed him goodnight under the blankets.

But their choice of spooning position proved to be disastrous. Almost immediately, Fay felt his bulge pressing against her tushy. And it was a strange mixture of annoying distraction and intoxicating arousal. If she moved the slightest, she would get a jolt of bliss from this unintentional humping.

"Seriously, Sam!" Again, her stare and tone were a mixture of excitement and reproach. Samuel was befuddled and he shrugged, embarrassed.

In his leadership cadet courses, Samuel had been taught that natural leaders stand out not because they always give perfect orders, but because they decide and order quickly. That trait would fit Fay to a tee, as she instantly chose a course of action: she lowered his briefs and swallowed Samuel's penis whole. It was all business, wham-bam-thank-you-mam, in-and-out sucking and, even if Samuel's penis was quite average in size and girth, it was granite-hard and the tip of his glans tickled her throat. This did not slow Fay in the least and, to speed things up even more, she also started fondling his balls.

Samuel was completely unable to regain his bearings and what little wits he had, he used to quell his yearning to scream in ecstasy. Fay, on her part, was completely silent, except for the to-and-fro suction noises of her mouth. The contrast was almost comical.

Samuel squealed a pitiful appeal. "Fayyyy, mmmm, cum soooon... careful!" This, of course, only strengthened her resolve and quickened her tempo.

"MMmmrrraagghhh!" And that was it. Samuel was silenced shut and Fay was swallowing a huge eruption of semen. She licked his penis immaculately clean, to avoid staining his briefs, and covered it before it would be revived.

"Sleep now!" But no matter how annoyed had sounded her whispered order, Samuel saw her elated smile... he knew they would both have sweet dreams and he kissed her, without a word.

---

The next three days, May 17th to 19th, were practice days, with flight tasks whose results were not tallied. It was meant for contestants to familiarize themselves with the contest area and its turn points.

The first day was also Samuel's initiation to a competition environment, with 49 gliders in the flight line and six tow-planes waiting side-by-side on the grass runway to tow each one of them in about an hour. To his relief, the take-off sequence went without a hitch, almost like a military procession.

To Samuel's dismay, however, one of the first glider to return to the field was Senna. Now he could appreciate the usefulness of her green markings.

He greeted her and quickly helped her, as Fay was disassembling her glider.

"Are you alright, Fay? Anything wrong?" She greeted his question with a baleful stare.

"Yes, Sam, some things are wrong... it is very nice of you to notice... this ridiculous airspace and this fucking weather are what's wrong!!! No sooner I pass the starting gate, while thermalling, that a controller orders me out of a stupid restricted airspace! And when I do that, of course... no thermals! So I said, fuck it! I slept on a ridiculous bed, got no coffee this morning and now this shit!!! I even have to go formally receive a fucking warning!"

Samuel was mortified. "Gee... I'm sorry Fay. But there is plenty of time for you to get back up ther..."

"Didn't you listen, Sam! I passed the starting gate... that means I outlanded! No more flying for me today!"

"Officially, yes, sure... but it's practice, Fay, why don't you just get back up there?" Fay's glare actually scared him a little. "Or not... look, I'm sorry, I'll butt out. You rest and I'll figure a way to get you a better sleep quality tonight, all right?"

Fay stayed there, frozen, as if a reboot was taking place within her, and then answered in another tone entirely. "No, Sam, I am the one to apologize. As you can see, I have a bit of a temper and today... how do you say this... I guess my fuse is short. It's my first Worlds too, you know..."

"No need to apologize, Fay... but obviously you must have won earlier tournaments to qualify for this?"

"Well, yes, obviously... but they were local club things... small one-week meetings. There are so few women glider pilots that this tournament, which used to be the European Nationals, was given World Status back in 2011. And look at the field: there was room for 90 entries, we are barely more than half that. National teams are allowed three entries per class: only Czechia, France and Germany did so."

"Shouldn't that play in your favor, then?" She sighed.

"True... I guess I am nervous, then. This thing will be 12 days of official racing... and did you see the gliders in my class? All JS-1s and ASG-29s, except for the two Ventus that won't be competitive..."

"Geez, Fay, now that's harsh... you know, I remember reading in the statutes that if less than 10 gliders were competing, this whole thing would not count; as it stands, there are only 12 entries in the 18m class. Competitive or not, don't you think you should be a tad grateful that these ladies are here?"

This time, a shy smile found its way on her face and Fay caressed Samuel's cheek. "Yes, baby, you're right. Thank you for bearing with me and for grounding me. That makes me feel even happier that you are here with me."

Samuel was just purring in place, replaying in loop the sound of "baby" and "happier" in his head. Somehow, Fay guessed this and her smile widened.

"Tell you what: why don't we put the rest of this afternoon to good use and go shopping for coffee and provisions?"

"Sure!"

"All right Then... you go find us a place to shop in the village while I go get my warning. I will work on my blog while the rest of the team is in the air and, when everybody is back, you change and we go."

"That sounds like a plan, Fay!"

"A very good plan." She blew him a kiss before heading to the main building. Samuel noticed that her smile instantly vanished.

Karma was on Samuel's side that afternoon, as the entire team outlanded in fields where retrieval by tow-plane was not permitted; he was therefore dispensed of flight duties well before 2h30 PM. So, off they went to the MIPA grocery market in Zbraslavice. It was soon obvious that both had different objectives: Fay desperately wanted coffee and was questing for any device capable of making an espresso or, even better, a latte. Samuel was doing the entire provisioning, up to his estimate of the storage capacity of their fridge and pantry.

Both had to make compromises but, in the end, left satisfied. Fay bought coffee and a moka pot on the faith the glowing recommendation of the store manager; Samuel found an intact charcoal barbecue grill, plus some European meat cuts, chicken and sausages to cook on it.

"Sam, I have to tell you that I have no clue about what to do with almost all of what you bought for us... do you?"

"No worries my darling Fay... in addition to being your tow-pilot and prospective boyfriend, I have just volunteered as our chef for our stay." Carried away by his domestic enthusiasm, Samuel cursed silently at himself and hoped he didn't just step on a landmine.

"Reallyyyy... is that what you think you are to me?"

(Crap! Now I've done it!)

"Welll... yesss, Fay... I keep marveling at how incredible you are and you're not the only one who is hoping to change their non-dating status... I mean, I thought that was what we talked about... yesterday... no?"

Fay just immensely enjoyed letting him grovel, especially the way the volume of his voice kept lowering as he went along. "I suppose we did, Sam... so you would like to be my boyfriend?" For added effect, she let her free hand wander all over his lap.

"When you say it like that, Fay... no."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO?!" she took her hand off him so swiftly Samuel almost felt a whiplash.

"Fay, I am no gold-digger nor a trophy hunter. You are NOT an objective... you've, I don't know... lodged yourself in my heart somehow. I hope to BE with you... to share our lives maybe... but, at the end of the day, what I want is for you to be happy. If it's with me, then I will be the luckiest man in the world. Is that another nonsense to you, like Life is a runway?"

"When you put it that way, Sam... it is corny but very moving. So how would YOU say it, then?"

Silence... Samuel was deep in thought and well aware of the possible dire consequences of a misstep.

"Wellll?"

He took a deep breath and dove in. "Fay, you are an amazingly beautiful woman who has ensnared my heart. I have fallen for you, head over heels, and I just wish for a chance to get to know your inner beauty as well, for us to open ourselves to the possibility of a life together, to care for one another and make us happy and fulfilled." He exhaled deeply. "How did that sound?"

Fay felt her heart flutter... and was troubled by it. "Sam... you say this... even knowing about..."

"Of course! Fay, I look at you, I listen to you and, believe me, your genitals are the last thing I think about... well, almost the last thing..." he looked terrified, but in very sincere way.

Samuel was saved by an imaginary bell, as they had returned to the Aeroklub and he had to focus on parking. He was about to leave the SUV with the groceries when he noticed that Fay still sat on her seat. He stayed seated beside her, his door open. "Fay?"

Fay stood motionless, as if another reboot was taking place. After what seemed an eternity to Samuel, a contented smile emerged, with maybe a dash of mischief in her eyes. She softly pulled him to her and kissed him on the cheek, an impish kiss that most definitely left a smudge of lipstick, before deliberating in a mocking tone. "You better get going with that contraption of yours, Mister boyfriend-and-volunteer-chef... I'm getting hungry!"

Samuel lightened up like an acquitted man on trial. "Sure!!! What would like to eat, Fay?"

"I don't know, Sam, I didn't pay attention to all this stuff you picked... just feed me please. I'm sure I will enjoy your cooking."

"Any allergies or banned ingredients I should know about?"

"No... just go get cooking!" She pushed him away mockingly, not strongly enough to eject him from the driver's seat, though.

"And what will you be doing while I slave in front of the barbecue, Milady?"

"Figure out how to brew myself an espresso with MY new contraption and then update my blog."

"And just what is this blog I keep hearing about?" By now, his cheerful voice was musical.

She answered in a very low, but slightly menacing tone. "I'm a fashion blogger, Sam... if you laugh, I will barbecue your hide!"

"Why would I laugh? That makes perfect sense and I'm really happy for you. Is your blog followed by many?" Fay's expression softened.

"Nooo... not really. I'm really not a trendsetter like some of the big names. I have neither the time nor the inclination to take it to that level... but it is a very nice outlet for my love of fashion and it soothes me."

"Any fashion event to follow right now?"

"Well... there is a BeautyCon in New-York on the 20th... but that is the day of the opening ceremonies. I will be listening to a classical organ concert inst..."

"You don't want me there with you?" Samuel had a puzzled look, as if choosing not be hurt yet.

"I did say I, didn't I? Sorry baby... this is all new to me. Please forgive me... and, of course, I will love to sit with you at that organ concert." She gave him a quick kiss on the lips before running in the trailer. "See you at mealtime!"

(Well, what did you expect, Sam? You ARE trying to date a millionaire diva... with a penis and a temper!)

Samuel shrugged it all off and got organized for their supper. He ignited the charcoal first, then set about storing all the provisions. He had to be cautious and move around Fay, who was busy trying her moka pot on the kitchenette stove. In truth, it looked simple, but Samuel took mental notes just the same. A little later, while he was wrapping potatoes and seasoning chicken on the outside table, he heard a clamor inside.

"Is everything all right, Fay?"

She was enraptured and purring, holding a cup of very black and foaming coffee. "Hooo! Sam, you have no idea just how much I NEEDED this!!!"

"That good, huh?"

"It is extremely adequate, for sure..."

"All right then, I will leave you to your coffee tasting."

For the hour that Samuel spent cooking potatoes, chicken drumsticks and bratwursts, there was no more sign of life from Fay. They ate together outside, under the awning and the evening sky. As promised, Fay loved his cooking and ate without reservations, even dirtying her fingers on the drumsticks.

"Mmmm. Sam, this is a feast! Thank you very much, my gorgeous man... and if you keep this up, I will soon have to change Senna's weight and balance chart."