Life, Love and Everything in Between Ch. 01

Story Info
Early days.
5.3k words
4.38
24.5k
29
4

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 11/17/2015
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kloma
kloma
18 Followers

There are some gaps included in the narrative of certain situations and instances in the story, which is intentional. All characters are above 18 years of age and there is no implication of any of the characters or situations in the book to any real person, place or thing. Any similarity is purely coincidental. This is a work of fictional literature and should be enjoyed in the same light.

Some parts in the story depict moments of sexual nature and could be considered taboo in certain countries/cultures due to its storyline. The reader is advised to use their discretion.

*****

Everyone was finished for the day and our parents had settled in front of the TV and were deciding to sleep early. My dad was beat after working all day. My mom had been busy in the kitchen making a wonderful meal after she had come home from work. Since mom had started working part-time, she said she never got a chance to cook us meals anymore and she missed that. That day, she had finished early so had time to cook. We were all waiting for Sam to get home. Earlier that afternoon, she had gone out with a friend but was expected any minute.

~**~

Sam and I, Alex, were fraternal twins - she was born minutes after me so she always called me 'bb' (short for big bro) and I used to tease her as 'baby'. Since we were fraternal twins, there were inherited similarities derived from the common genealogy for both of us. Although this was true in essence, we grew up to realise the differences - we had slightly different physique and body structure. We also had slightly different temperaments.

I was a typical male - big-boned, physical, and single minded while she was a typical female - slender, sensual and very creative and artistic. I am not stereotyping but I had recognised the differences between us far earlier than the similarities. As such, we did look different although I had heard people claim to spot our parents in our looks.

Although we were fraternal twins and as such there were few similarities between us, genetically, we often felt a connection between the two of us. She had reciprocated this just the same, as usual. Over the years, our parents, Stuart and Beverly, had simply come to accept it to be sibling love. For them it was good in one sense - we never fought with each other.

Sam had always been excellent at reciprocating my feelings. There was seldom a time when I had to elaborate anything to her - I guess you could attribute it to our 'link', of being twins. We understood each other implicitly. I always felt complete in her company and presence and so did she. We also found out that for some reason we missed each other when we were apart for long. A week had come to be long enough for us to go without seeing each other.

When we were growing up as kids, I do remember the very first few times when we had gone on separate school trips and by the time we had got back, we both had been 'miserable'. We had run into each other's arms when we had got back. After a few failed attempts, even the teachers had recommended our parents to just let us be together until we 'grew up' and 'grew out of it'. They just thought it was very sweet.

We grew up for sure but over the years, we just got closer and more comfortable with each other. Therefore, it comes as no surprise that we have been very different from other siblings - instead of fight, argue and bicker, we cared, collaborated and co-operated with each other all the time.

We had our 'tussles' occasionally but it was all a guise for a tease and to enjoy some closeness. She loved to tease me and over the years, she had sussed out some of my 'weaknesses'. I knew one of her biggest weakness - she was very ticklish. I used that as my personal defence shield when I needed to. Nonetheless, one rule, out of just a few in our house, laid down by my mom very early on was that under no circumstance was I allowed to physically hurt or hit Sam. I was meant to look after her well-being and likewise no matter what, she was supposed to respect my cautions and advice as an older brother.

I guess that was never really a bother because not only was I protective of her, I would always look out for her and likewise she always looked up to me for advice and guidance. We had developed a secret code for communicating urgency and we used those key words and cues at times. This always made me feel warm inside because no one knew the codes and no matter how many times others had tried, we had not divulged it to anyone. There was an unspoken language between us and we seemed to read each other's minds through our expressions, body language and glances.

We never really needed 'best friend' while we were growing up because we were very close. In fact we had developed such closeness and trust between us, we considered ourselves as best-buds. It used to be difficult to write essays in primary school about our sibling when we were very young kids. I used to see her as my other half, my best buddy, my soul-mate. For a long while when I was growing up, I thought 'sister' was just an 'official' name for such a person. In my mind, she was my life. Apparently, the same applied for her.

Over the years, we had developed the unspoken and implied restraint from divulging anything we shared between us - she and I never told anyone about what we spoke and did between us, not even to our parents. The secrecy sustained a rather unusual non-verbal intimacy between us and it provided the trust that made us both feel very confident together.

We grew up relying on each other and my mom always said how lucky she felt that she never had to worry about us growing up - we grew up without an urgent need for being looked-after. While we were growing up, mom had stayed home taking care of us and being a perfect homemaker. Therefore, it was a relief to her when we took care of each other and she did not had to watch our every move.

Apparently, when we were toddlers, we had been known to place dummies into each other's mouths, as kids we held the bottle for each other and even slept in a hug or while holding hands. We kissed and caressed each other a lot when we were kids. When we used to be playing out and about, people used to coo at our mutual love. "They do get along lovingly," my mom used to remark.

Over the years, as we realised that our special relationship was raising some eyebrows, we had decided to 'tone it down' by making friends and hanging out with others. Having grown up so close to each other, it was difficult for both of us to find good friends - Sam found it more difficult than me, although I was the one who spent more time alone. She found it difficult to relate to other male friends and her girl friends were very different from her. Although she was a very social and bubbly person, sometimes in the evening or after dinner, she would come around for a quiet hug and we used to talk while lying in bed.

I loved to talk to her about a lot of things - she was an ideal person to talk to. She would listen, question and somewhere in there, in her subtle ways, give me new thoughts and ideas, new perspectives on life. It comes without saying that we were good at consoling each other in the times of sadness too.

~**~

Sam came home after having gone out with her friends and went straight to her room in a hurry. While climbing the stairs mom and me had noticed that she had been crying and it was evident she was not in a good mood from the bang of her bedroom door as she shut it. Then we had heard sobbing coming from her room just before it was muffled.

Since Sam and I never really argued or fought, it was rare in our house to hear doors being slammed - our parents had a happy, contented marriage. Moreover, I had never ever hurt her or upset her. Needless to say, I was taken aback with this display. We had realised this was serious. I was in the lounge with mom and dad and they had just sat down in front of the TV waiting for dinnertime. My parents had stared at me with a big puzzled and alarmed question mark expression. I stared at them for a moment.

Then I got up mumbling, "I will see what the matter is."

"Good boy," mum mumbled. "Tell her dinner is ready."

My parents never got involved between our personal affairs unless we asked for their advice - they left us to deal with each other's issues. Since I was so good at dealing with Sam about her issues, my parents just left me to it.

When I opened her bedroom door slowly, I peered in her room. She had buried her face in her pillow while lying on her tummy on her bed. Her arms were flung around the pillow and she was sobbing quietly still fully dressed. I gently closed the door and after walking slowly to the bed, I sat on it on her side and leaned on my elbow bringing my face close to her head. I started stroking her head gently, running my hand over her long light brown hair and on to her back. I did this several times. Her sobbing was slowing down and I felt she was calming down.

"Hey sweetie", I whispered gently in her ear. She turned her face toward me on the pillow and gazed at me, still tearful but had stopped sobbing.

I could hardly see her in such a state. It broke my heart to see her like that. When she looked at me after slowly composing herself, I caressed her face with my palm and lowered my face to her and asked, "What's the matter? Talk to me."

She stared at me with her tearful eyes. Her mascara had run. She had stopped sobbing but her eyes were still wet. She sat up slowly, turned around and sat on the edge of bed, dropping her feet to the floor and scooting next to me with a tissue in her hand.

As I wrapped my arms around her gently stroking her back, I said softly, "Nothing in the world is worth so much heart-ache."

I really did not know how I came up with that but something was telling me she was distraught over someone. I had never seen her cry like this before. This was her first.

She wrapped her hands around me tightly and sobbed for a few moments. I rubbed her back and tried to calm her down. As I pressed my cheek on her cheek, I ran my hand over her head down her hair. Without shushing her, I tried to calm her sobbing. After a while, she pulled out from the hug and looked at me in my eyes. She just stared at me for a few seconds.

I quietly whispered again, "What's the matter, hon?" I was still stroking her back slowly and gently but now I cupped her cheek in my palm. Seeing her in tears had made me tearful too.

She lowered her gaze and lowering her hands from my hug turned away and softly said, "I've split up with Billy. He dumped me," and sobbed again in her tissue.

I threw my arms around her and she hugged me while starting to sob again.

"Oooo." I sighed relief and sympathised while pulling her in my arms again trying to console her. I had feared something worse.

I smiled and exclaimed, "Well it's his loss. I never really understood what you saw in that douche bag in the first place. Never liked him. You deserve a lot better."

She just giggled under her tearful sobs and again calmed down before she stopped sobbing.

She poked her elbow in my stomach and muttered, "You are just saying that."

"I'm not." I protested. "You know how much I adore you. You certainly deserve a lot better. I don't know who, but certainly not that douche bag." I tried to make light of the situation.

She had been going out with Billy for a while and I thought it was going ok. He was her first real 'boyfriend'. I did not really appreciate him much as her choice, but I had thought that was down to my possessive jealousy and eventually had come to accept their friendship.

While she was turned on her side in my hug and still in my arms, I pulled her close and planted a few kisses on her forehead.

She kept glancing at me while I consoled her.

"It's your fault," she said abruptly looking straight at me in a girly whinge.

"My fault?" I was shocked and surprised as I stared at her. She grinned and so I laughed out. "How is it MY fault?" I was trying to contain my giggling. Now she was giggling from under her tears too.

"You have spoilt me by being so nice. I was wrong to assume he would be like you."

"Well sweetheart, you just made an ass of u and me", I giggled again.

She giggled too. "Stop making me smile. I feel like crying." She whinged in a girly manner.

She was good at relating to my twisted sense of humour.

"Sweetheart, you cannot compare me to him." My ego had received the biggest boost. "And moreover, you and I are different from everyone else. What you and I have is very special and unique. And yes I do adore you but that's because I do feel you are special and deserve a lot more."

I pulled her in my arms again and hugged her tightly. I gently rocked her. I planted a soft kiss deep in her neck just below her ear. That must have sent tingles in her body because I knew it was her weak spot.

She quivered slightly. "I'm just so glad to have you in my life." She said softly. "I adore you too, you know."

"I know, hon." I whispered softly as I pressed her into my hug in acknowledgment. She loved it when I called her that. She used to call me that too.

"Not as much as I adore you." I remarked teasingly.

She punched her elbow in my stomach again jokingly and gave me a stern look. I chuckled.

She was much composed now as she wiped her eyes and tears.

"Hungry?" I looked at her.

She just nodded after a momentary glance.

"I'm starving. I was waiting for you. Mom asked me to get you down for the dinner. Come on." I cocked my head in the direction of the door.

"Go on. I will be there in a minute", she spoke looking at me with a gentle smile.

"You are going to be ok?" I tilted her face toward me with my curled finger under her chin.

She nodded in a shy grin, dimming her eyes slightly to acknowledge her composure.

"Ok." I gave her a soft quick kiss on the cheek, stood up and walked to the door. I glanced at her back, and saw her looking at me. I smiled at her warmly, and stepped out the door and gently closed it behind me. Then I walked down the stairs and sat at the dinner table. Mom and dad were already at the table.

"You guys can start. I will wait for her. She is coming in a minute." I said.

"Everything ok?" Mom inquired caringly.

"Yep. All ok now." I nodded reassuringly. "She said she will talk to me later. Man trouble." I grinned.

"Oh dear." Mom exclaimed with a sigh.

"Good lad." Dad thanked me for caring for her. "Let's tuck in. I'm starving."

That evening after the dinner, Sam had cuddled next to me on the couch as mom and dad were relaxing in front of the TV. After a while, she looked at me and signalled to go with her.

"Good night mom and dad. I'm going upstairs to bed. I had a long day." She had waived good night.

She gave me one of her cues as she trotted upstairs to her bedroom.

I waited for about 10-15 minutes before I got up, waived goodnight myself and went upstairs. I went into the bathroom, freshened up for the night and then slowly and quietly tiptoed to my bedroom.

~**~

Sam and my bedrooms were in a corner adjacent to each other at one end of the house while the master bedroom was on the opposite side. In the middle was our common bathroom. Mom and dad had on-suite bathroom. We only had two bedrooms as such with a smaller study. For that reason, it was decided that when it was time for me and Sam to sleep in separate beds, as space was limited, one of us would take the study room while the other would get the bedroom and would have to share the shelves - the bedroom was more spacious and the study was a smaller room in comparison. Mom left us two to decide who took which room. As usual, Sam wasn't fussed and she looked at me and I wanted her to make the choice and we had just looked at each other for a while.

"Oh sort it out you two", mom had said exasperatedly and left it to us.

I had told Sam she could have the main bedroom if I could have access to it as and when. She was more than pleased to do so and had agreed and from then on, she had permitted me to use her room. There was more. Among the few rules that we had in our house, mom and dad both knocked and waited for 'come in' before entering our rooms if the door was closed. They treated us as proper adults from the very beginning. They never barged in if the door was closed but unlocked even after knocking. They always said, "A closed door needs to be treated as locked; else it could have been left open."

However, due to my arrangement with Sam, she had granted me 'special privilege' to access her room without knocking. She never required me to knock and just the same, she never knocked before entering my room. As such because both our parents knocked and waited before they opened closed doors even if they were unlocked, Sam and I fell into a habit of never locking our doors; just closing them shut when we needed some privacy. Nonetheless, the privacy applied only to our parents - never between us. That arrangement between us had always made me feel very special and close to her. It had also boosted our non-verbal intimacy.

~**~

While I dwindled the time waiting to hear my mom and dad get to bed, I waited patiently in my room. Once I heard the house become quiet, I went out my door closing it quietly behind and opened Sam's bedroom door and closed it behind me quietly. As I entered her room, she was in her bed curled up facing the door on her side under the duvet. It seemed like she was in her nightshirt.

When she saw me enter her room, she turned her table lamp on and raised the duvet to let me in the bed. As I got in her bed, she snuggled next to me and I wrapped my arm around her and lay on my back. She lay her head on my shoulder as she flung her arm around my chest and hugged me. As we settled in the bed, she shuffled close to me. After we had stayed like that for a while, she quietly started the conversation.

"I never really thought other guys would be so different from you." She spoke softly.

"In what way?" I stroked her back.

"Most of them seem to be just horny jerks." She spoke angrily. "No one really has the genteel heart as you."

"Well not all are horny jerks." I tried to justify calmly.

"I did see one today," she exclaimed. "He made me feel so smug just because I did not want to get physical."

"Was that the reason for today's heartache?" I inquired.

She nodded looking up at me. I felt her cheek move against my chest.

"Did he hurt you?" I asked her with straight voice.

"No." She shook her head as we looked at each other. "He just wouldn't take a 'no' for an answer."

"Now that is not news to me." I said nonchalantly. "There are a lot of guys who get worked up when they are in the mood and don't know how to be respectful."

"I just said to him I was not ready for a physical relationship and he kept pushing me. When I said I needed time, that's when he said I could have all the time I wanted and dumped me."

I just hugged her close to me while stroking her arm. "Forget him and put this behind you. Clearly he was not worth it."

"I just did not want to get physical with him that's all. He was nice enough to go out but I did not want to get physical with him. I did like him you know." Her voice suggested she was tearful.

"Don't worry about him now. Have you guys broken up officially or will you think of patching things with him?"

"No thanx. He is history." She said with a strong conviction. "Even if he begs, I ain't giving him a second chance."

"Ok. Then if he bothers you, let me know." I assured her in a big-brother kind of way.

She giggled with a girly smile. "Thanks hon. I don't think he will after the way he treated me today."

After a moment of silence, she spoke softly, a little hesitation and dismay was in her voice, "Do you think I might be lousy at being a girlfriend?"

kloma
kloma
18 Followers
12