Life on Another Planet Ch. 00-05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
coaster2
coaster2
2,600 Followers

~*~

Eve had learned several things about Jesse during his period of hypnosis. She had learned of his admiration for his father, his role model in many ways. She learned of his distance from his sister, Roberta. She was often saddled with Jesse when he was younger and his parents needed a sitter when they went out. She resented her loss of freedom as she got further into her teens and took her frustration out on him.

A probe of his inner psyche revealed a temper that she would never have guessed he possessed. On the outside, he was calm and passive, but on the inside, he was angry ... angry with his situation and with the loss of everything and everyone who had been a part of his life. His passive reaction to the loss of his girlfriend was more a case of his headaches interfering with his determination to get even with her new boyfriend than his acceptance of the situation. She wondered how that anger might manifest itself in future. She would be watchful for it.

Jesse was driven to succeed. While it didn't show in his schoolwork, he had a burning desire to "be somebody." Again, his image of his father was foremost in his thoughts. His basis of success was achieving at least as much as Michael Peterson had in his career. Baseball was his outlet for his hot-blooded behaviour, but his coaches and his father had controlled his more uncalled-for reactions. Jesse seemed to be aware that he had to keep his temper under control. It was an ongoing struggle that had yet to appear in his new life.

Eve recognized that Jesse needed an outlet for his anger. She was anxious to find something that could act as a substitute for his natural aggressive instincts. The boy knew he had to keep himself under control, but knowing and doing were two different things at times. Given enough stress, he would revert to his primal instincts. If it was a choice between fight or flight, she was pretty sure he would choose fight.

~*~

"Jesse, before we go down to the locker and get the bike, let me show you the fitness center on the second floor. I know you told me you felt the need to exercise, and I think you'll find the room has plenty of options for you."

"Okay. Where's Mica? I haven't seen him today."

"He and Tony are with Tony's family. They're going to Whytecliff Park for the day. Mica really likes it there, and he and Tony love exploring along the beach and among the rocks. They'll picnic there and come back later today. It'll be my turn to find something for the boys next week."

"Does Mica play Little League baseball?" Jesse asked.

"No ... he and Tony play T-ball. Next year for Little League."

"Oh ... I didn't think of that. Mica and I aren't best friends yet, so maybe I can help him with his catching, throwing, and hitting. I'd sure like him to accept me if I'm going to be around for a while."

"Thank you, Jesse. That's very thoughtful of you. I think he and Tony would appreciate your help. You can ask him when he gets home this evening."

Eve smiled to herself. Jesse realized that the relationship between Mica and him was still uneasy and he was volunteering to help improve it.

The exercise room surprised him. It was larger than he expected and well equipped. The machines all looked new. He was unused to the digital controls of the treadmills and stationary bikes, but Eve assured him that he would easily learn how to take advantage of them. In addition, there was a heavy bag suspended from the ceiling in one corner of the room. Eve explained that martial arts were popular and hence the need for the bag. It occurred to him that it would be a good place to work out his anger now and then. Overall, Jesse was impressed with the room and realized he could get a good, varied workout here.

After they had toured the exercise room, Eve went over the features of the exotic bicycle stored in their garage locker. She explained the braided steel locking cable and gave him the combination. Bike theft was an ongoing major problem in the city. As impressed as Jesse was with the exercise room, the bike was even more fascinating to him. So many gears would take some getting used to, as would the much better stopping power of the brakes. He would also have to remember not to go anywhere without his helmet. It was the law, Eve reminded him.

As he set out that afternoon to test ride the bike, he was feeling better than he had in some time. The bike added to his freedom and gave him something to look forward to. Next, he wanted to find a pick-up ball team that he could join. If he could have one recreational pleasure, it would be baseball. After an hour of cycling, he had a pretty good idea of how to get the best out of the bike, although he found the much heavier traffic a worry. Many of the drivers didn't seem to respect people on bikes and he was mindful to use the proper hand signals to let them know what he was planning. Once in a while he would find a designated bike lane and took advantage of it. It was another unfamiliar new feature in the city.

As he put the bike back in the locker late that afternoon, he was satisfied that he had gained something that Saturday. He had transportation, a card that would get him cash, some baseball equipment, and a place to work off his energy ... or if need be, his frustration. Perhaps he could make a place for himself in this new world.

To Be Continued

coaster2
coaster2
2,600 Followers