Life with: Kiana and Sawyer Ep. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Please don't be too mad at me." She whispered. Suddenly, all the lying, hiding and meddling she'd done seemed magnified. She wanted Sawyer to know what a strange position she'd been in. Unlike their usual arguments, she hadn't fully entered this because of her own choices. She was confident when she knew she'd made a conscious decision that her husband just so happened to disagree with. She could defend herself because she was self-assured and confident in her choices.

This situation left her feeling guilty even though she'd only been trying to keep everyone's best interests in mind.

"I tried to do what I thought was right." She whispered. He refused to look at her and she was somewhat hurt by that. She truly felt as if she were on trial for something she hadn't done. Just guilty by association. "Allison made me promise not to tell. I wanted to tell you, Sawyer. But I had to listen to her—that's her husband and her family. I couldn't do anything if she didn't want me to. She trusted me—"

"Start explaining, Kiana." He cut her short in a sharp, annoyed tone. Kiana's heart sank in her chest and she fought back her tears. She swallowed the lump in her throat and tried to continue. "I—" She stuttered. She had to tell him this; he'd find out sooner or later and if he found out from anyone else his reaction would be much worse. Her stumbling caught his attention and he stared up at her.

"I told your dad." She squeaked. His face hardened. "I only told him because I felt like he could talk to Declan—he could have helped him but he didn't want to."

"Of course he didn't want to." Sawyer said sternly. "He's a piece of shit. I've told you that 100 times and I also told you not to contact him without letting me know." Kiana nodded silently.

"I know." She whispered. "But I had to try. Richard seemed like the best option. But I didn't do enough—" A single tear rolled down Kiana's cheeks and she swiped at it. "I had to bring them here—they're in the guest room. Sawyer, her face... he could've killed her tonight. Her kids saw her get dragged by her hair in the garage because I didn't speak up when I should have." Kiana pulled her shirt over her eyes to dry her damp cheek.

Sawyer's anger dissipated a little; he hated when she cried. Probably because she did it so little. He switched chairs to sit beside her on the loveseat. He grabbed the blanket on the chair's arm and wrapped it over her body right before he pulled her into a loving embrace. He let out his last bit of anger with a huff.

"Nothing is your fault. You did what you thought was right, even if I don't think so." He kissed her temple as she sniffled into his chest. Sawyer reached for her legs and pulled them over his lower half. "You just don't know how much you put yourself at risk too. Are you hurt?" Her back was still killing her.

"Aside from the cuts and bruises, just my back." Sawyer took a calming breath. Kiana was happy with how things turned out. Sawyer wasn't entirely angry with her but she was glad he had enough love in his heart to still show her affection.

"I'm not done with you yet, Kiana." She rescinded her thoughts. She had spoken too soon. "Or Declan." That bit she knew. Declan would have his day. "I can't stand when you hide shit from me. As soon as you reached out to Richard you should have involved me." He had a tone of reprimanding that she took seriously. It came from a softer place that contrasted his actual emotions. "You don't know him like I do."

"I just wanted to help Allison." Kiana said simply. They sat in a few seconds of silence.

"I'm going over there as soon as you fall asleep." Sawyer stated. Kiana groaned. The last thing she needed was Sawyer fighting his brother because of her. Then Allison would resent ever coming to her with her problem.

"I'm going." Kiana said. Sawyer made a disapproving sound. "We're going to put him in rehab. I will not allow you to harm your brother, Sawyer." He seemed to think it over a bit. Rehab would be Declan's best option.

It was more than obvious he had a substance abuse problem. Getting Declan professional help could allow Allison and her kids back into their home while he recovered. Everyone would benefit from that plan.

"Did you kick his ass a little bit?" Sawyer asked, hoping she said yes for his sake. Kiana grunted a laugh that said 'of course'.

"I hopped on his back and choked him out." Sawyer laughed heftily.

"That's my baby," He grumbled affectionately. Kiana chucked deeply but cut it short with a groan. It hurt her back to laugh more than a chuckle. "You okay?" Sawyer's voice was full of concern.

"Yeah. He slammed my back against the wall when I was choking him." She explained. She sat up and tried to ease her aches. Sawyer followed her cautiously while occasionally stroking her back in an attempt to bring her comfort.

"My poor baby's face..." He whispered to himself. She looked toward him with a light smile. He was staring at her as if he had somehow failed to protect her. She turned her body toward him on the couch and clasped their hands together.

"I'm not pretty anymore?" She joked, already knowing his answer. She leaned her head in close to his as he watched her face intently.

"Of course you are." He grumbled. "I just don't like knowing he did this to you." He grabbed her chin and guided her cheek toward his lips. Kiana fought back a moan. "My pretty face." He whispered right before he kissed over her cheek a few more times and down her neck. Kiana giggled in his ear and carefully maneuvered herself closer to him. Kiana wrapped her arms around his neck and Sawyer fell back against the length of the sofa. She gasped at the unexpected fall and Sawyer coiled his arms around Kiana's midsection.

He pulled the covers back over her body and waited for her to get settled on his chest. Once she had snuggled into him and was no long fidgeting around on his body, he reached to turn off the light.

He'd absolutely deal with Declan in the morning.

12