Life's Little Curves Ch. 03

Story Info
Things start to change for the couple.
4.3k words
4.38
15.9k
12

Part 3 of the 6 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 01/02/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

AN: Hello darlings, this isn't a stand alone story, what's happening makes more sense if you have read the previous chapter

Thank you for the positive reception you gave on both the first and second chapters. Because of all your support chapter one is over twelve thousand views. Like I mentioned before it's going to be a few chapters before there's any sex again, but I promise to make it worth it. A big thank you to both GentWithHandcuffs and curi0us7r4n for all their help. I hope you enjoy.

Neveah was washing her hands when she heard a loud groaning coming from the bedroom. She dried her hands, her brow furrowed.

She stood in the door watching Vince in his sleep. The sight made her heart ache with grief. There was sweat building up on his brow, as his legs twisted in the sheets. It was almost as if he was pulling away from something.

Neveah knew from experience, it was best not to wake him up in the middle, but she couldn't stand sitting there watching him suffer. She went back to the bathroom to get a warm wash towel for his face. The longer the nightmare went on, the more worried she became . All she wanted to do was reach out for him, and take away all the bad feelings.

It was a few minutes before he woke up with a gasp, clutching the sheets to his body as he shot up in bed. She slowly moved toward him not wanting to startle him when he was already on edge. As she reached out to touch him, he shook his head and shrugged away from her. She reached out after him as he left the bed. He ran into the bathroom where he threw up everything into the toilet.

Neveah kneeled next to him wiping the warm cloth over his face and the back of his neck. It had been about two weeks since his last nightmare; this one had caught her so off guard. Everytime, without fail, she tried to talk to him about what he saw, but he always denied her.

It had all felt so real to him. He was chained to the wall again, instead of laying close to Neveah. He was no longer laying against his soft bed, but covered by a blanket of hot humid air. Someone had covered his eyes with a thick rough material.

He could still hear them all around him. His stomach emptied the contents in the toilet. Even after his stomach was empty, he could feel the discomfort throughout his body as memories plagued him.

Vince pulled himself away from those memories as he felt arms wrap their way around him and soft hands rubbing his back soothingly. Her touch did the trick of slowly bringing him back to the present. He looked around the bathroom remembering where he was.

Neveah pulled him off the floor so he could brush his teeth and get some mouth wash. She walked him back to the bed and laid on his chest wrapping her body around him.

"Do you want to talk about it?" she whispered, ever so softly.

He shook his heads and closed his eyes with a loud sigh. Despite how clear the memories were, he just wanted them gone. He didn't think talking about them would help.

"Fine."

She lay on her back, her body rolling off of his. She just wanted to help. He never let her in. He always acted as if he could handle everything on his own.

"Don't go," he whispered pulling her warm body back to him.

Vince pulled her tight, nuzzling her neck. He took in that sweet innocent smell of apples that always seemed to calm him. Nothing comforted him more than having her near him. He needed to have her warm soft body on his.

"I can't talk to you about this, at least not yet. I just need you to be here with me right now."

His hands wrapped around her back pulling her body on top of his. She gave in, laying her head on his chest.

"Just be here and let me hold you," he whispered as he breathed in her sweet scent.

"I will."

She attempted to hide the hurt in her voice. Vince knew her all too well. He heard how her voice almost cracked, and the sniffles that followed after.

"I promise you that when I can talk about it you will be the first person I tell everything to."

He squeezed her gently. Vince really didn't want to talk about it to anyone, but he knew a time would come when he wouldn't be able to hold it in anymore. He just hoped when that moment happened she would still be there for him, waiting patiently.

No response came from her. Neveah just laid on his chest listening to the calming of his heart beat.

****

Their days continued like that. Vince would cook for her and clean the house, but finding a job was hard. That didn't seem to sway him though. He went out there every day looking, but that wouldn't make the bills stop rolling in.

It's not as if they lived a lavish lifestyle, but the area they chose to live in had a high cost of living. There were plenty of times where the fridge wasn't completely full, or that the cars were operating below the empty level, but they had to do what they could to survive.

He did a decent job of helping around the house, but at the same time it seemed as if Neveah was becoming more and more distant. She worked crazy hours, but on top of it whenever she was home she wanted to go for a run or do a workout.

Between worrying about Neveah, and having to deal with his nightmares, it was all becoming too much. Vince just wished they could talk about it all, but he wasn't sure if he was ready to reveal something like that to her. Vince wasn't sure if he could expose her to something like that. Sure she saw some terrible things at the hospital, but he couldn't pull her into the hell of a world that he experienced while away.

He was waiting for her to come home as all these thoughts pondered him. They seemed to hardly go out; but they were always together. When they did go out it was always as a couple, and those times were rare considering Neveah was always tired.

She would watch movies with him, but things were not the same and both of them knew it. When she finally walked in through the front door she loudly clambered through the house till he heard her stomp upstairs and the door to their bedroom slam.

Neveah was never one to throw a tantrum about anything. Vince couldn't think of anything right away that would make her act out. Vince turned off the stove having a feeling that he was going to be gone for some time. He walked up the stairs slowly. Their door creaking its way open as he curved around the corner to check on her.

She lay face down on the bed. it didn't even look as if she was breathing. Vince sat next to her on the bed, his hands rubbing small soothing circles on her lower back. The crying started slowly then it became full on soft sobs. Her body shook even though he could barely hear her cry.

He turned her onto her back, but she wouldn't open her eyes. He wiped the tear off her face. He leaned in kissing both of her tear stained cheeks. First on her right cheek, then the left one. His lips slid down to hers. he only pressed them against hers lightly. Feeling no resistance from her part he built up a little courage and let his tongue slip out between her lips.

His tongue ran across her lower lip. he reached out nibbling on it. Despite the moan that she let slipped out of her mouth, Neveah placed her hands on his chest and pushed his weight off of her. He pulled away from her and looked over her face. she was definitely sorry.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't think of another way to calm you down," he leaned in kissing the corner of her mouth.

Her lips tasted so sweet he almost couldn't resist her lips. He dipped down for a moment brushing his lips across her jaw line.

"So now that you have calmed down, why don't you tell me what happened that made you storm through the house like that."

She hid her watery eyes behind her arm as she sighed loudly.

"Tell me this. What causes people to be so cruel and awful? Why do people feel the need to cause others pain, especially the ones who are so innocent?"

her teary brown eyes tugged at his heart string. Neveah had came home before telling him of the crazy stories behind the people who came through the emergency room. Some stories made her left, there had been a few that made her cry, but none them had this kind of effect on her.

"Because people are cruel and sick. They prey on those weaker than them; people who can't protect themselves."

She sniffled, but the tears kept falling down her cheeks. Vince tried to brush them away.

"maybe if you talk about it some then maybe you would feel better."

he didn't realize the irony of asking her to talk about something, when he couldn't tell her about the things going on in his head.

"She was just a little kid.

"I mean, she has the body of someone older, but looking at her face... you could tell she was just a child. that didn't seem to stop them. They completely destroyed her. Usually kids are sent to the children's hospital, but she was in such critical condition they had to admit her. She had been raped in both orifices, both of them completely torn. On top of that, there were broken ribs, a broken wrist, and the concussion from being thrown around so much. It was just so awful," she sobbed as she started breaking down again.

They couldn't save everyone, but the fact that they couldn't save this little girl had crushed everyones' soul. Telling that girl's parents that she'd been ripped away from them made it even worse.

Through her tears she continued, "You wanna know how this poor little twelve-year-old died? When they broke her ribs, it pushed so that an edge pierced her lungs. She ended up dying from internal injuries, she had been so far gone when she had came in the chances of us saving her was slim."

Neveah's body shook in his arms. Vince couldn't think of anything else to do but hold her close and let her cry. He couldn't imagine how that girl's family felt. All he could think about was how Neveah would have felt if he wouldn't hadn't came home all that time ago; if it would have been him who didn't make it. He pushed the thought away. he just needed to focus on the here and now, on making the woman in his arms happy again.

The shuddering slowly subsided, and the tears stopped staining her face. There was still the slight sniffle every few moments, but she was definitely a lot more calm than she was moments before. Vince rubbed soothing circles over her back and kissed her forehead. Her breathing slowed and her body relaxed in his arms. Vince was just going to let her sleep all her pain away.

*

*

*

Neveah rolled out of his arms. She didn't want to wake him up, but she was excited that her day off had finally came, especially with the traumatic incident of yesterday. She needed a day off to get her emotions in check.

The front of Vince was cold without her body pulled close to him. He reached out finding her wrist, and reached out pulling her close to him. A sharp squeal left her mouth as she fell back to the bed. She let him roll her body until she was back in his arms.

"Now I'm warm," he chuckled playfully as he finally opened his sleepy eyes.

"Thank you for last night. I was really feeling low. It's going to take me some time to get over it"

"All you have to do is ask, sweetheart, and I'll be there for you. You should know that. Beside if I had needed you to do that, you wouldn't have even second guessed it."

She just pulled herself closer to him in response.

Vince wished she would talk more about how she was feeling. He had to know what was going on in this woman's head. it seemed like no matter what the situation was she would blank out on him, and leave him pondering the situation.

"I don't know what you have planned for today, but I have another interview today. Tomorrow though, we can do anything your little heart desires," he told her.

"I'm fine with that.

"I was thinking about what to do today. Maybe I will make something extravagant for dinner . What were you thinking? I'm kinda open for anything, but I was possibly thinking about doing something with an Asian vibe?"

"Why don't you make what you're in the mood for. Surprise me," he leaned in stealing a quick peck.

It happened so quick all that Neveah could do was blink. Her eyes scanned over the smug look that dominated his face.

He was on top of her his legs parting her own. His mouth found hers and pressed against her. His hands found her lean torso and started rubbing over her sides up to under her bust.

Despite how good it felt to her all Neveah could think about was the fact his hands were touching her rolls and folds. They definitely weren't as big as they use to be, but she was still trying to lose the fifteen pounds she had gained since he came back.

She felt his palms shift from their resting position up to her breast, where his palms rubbed over her bra cupping her breast through them. He felt her nipples poking through the thin material.

His touch was gentle and good. She couldn't do it though. She didn't understand how he could even be attracted to her body. He deserved something better, when she was back on track he would get all the loving he deserved.

The alarm on Vince's phone went off saving her from having to tell him no.

He kissed her lips once more and rolled away.

"After my interview I was going to hang out with Matt for awhile. He said I've been neglecting him," his deep chuckle filled the room. "Anyways I'm unsure of when I'm gonna get home. I will text you though."

Neveah watched him get up and dress. She helped him fix his tie, and let him hug her before he was out the door.

She wasn't too worried about him hanging out with Matt. Matt was a boy whose wife had him in check, so nothing too reckless would be going on. Some of Vince's other friends though, were just awful. She was just glad that most of the time he only wanted to hang out with Matt.

Deciding it was time to start being productive, Neveah dragged herself from the comforts of her bed. She threw on some jeans and a random shirt to head to the grocery store. She needed a few things if she was going to make something good for dinner.

****

The interview didn't go very well at all. He tried to appear confident and capable, but he was sure everyone around him had better credentials than he did. He texted Matt that he was on his way to Tyler's bar. Whenever they did have the chance to hang out, they tended to hang out there.

The three were all friends, having all gone to the same school since kindergarten. They were also in his wedding four years ago. He could count on them to always be there for him when he needed them. Tyler was there to greet him when he walked through the door.

"Hey man, so how did the interview end up going?" Tyler asked.

Vince just shook his head as he walked up to his friend giving him a clasp on the back.

"It couldn't have possibly been that bad.

"Hey look, when you get tired of looking around for a job, you know you can always come work for me I've been telling you that forever. I could use more people I trust around me-"

"Yeah, right," Matt came to join them up at the bar. "If Neveah knew half the things you did, she wouldn't even let him out of the house if he mentioned your name."

"Oh yeah. how's that overbearing possessive little wife of yours?" Tyler tried to joke, but all he got was a stone cold look from Vince.

"Really? You're going to talk about my wife like that right in my face? Don't disrespect her just because you don't have a girl waiting for you every night like we do," he pointed his thumb back at himself and Matt.

Tyler had always been the single friend. He was always spouting shit about not needing a girl, and that he didn't need love. No, all Tyler needed was a warm tight pussy to fuck. His sappy best friends had thrown the towel in early in life.

Mark was twenty four when he married Christina; Vince was barely twenty one when he and Neveah got hitched. Like the dutiful friend he was, Tyler was in both weddings. He also made sure they both had got equally fucked up the nights of their bachelor parties.

"Yeah," Matt always had to have his input in no matter the subject. "When you going to finally decide to settle down? You're starting to get some grey if I'm not mistaken." He was able to get a laugh out Vince.

"Y'all might as well stop trying now. You should know by now that this pimp daddy right here ain't never gonna stop chasing tail," the smirk was broad across his face as he signaled a bartender in a really tight shirt to come fill their drinks back up.

"Man, Matt, I just don't know what to do with this fool," Vince loved being around his friends. They always made things easier.

"Stop worrying about me. How about you come on to the back and get on to this game of poker we are getting ready to start?"

"Not me. I left late and my lunch break is already almost over. I'm about to head back to the office. I just wanted to stop by and say hello.You guys have fun though. Don't do anything that would make Neveah kick your ass," Mark started to gather his things, before checking his watch. Yep, it was definitely time to be out. With a quick hug from both his brothers he was out.

"Looks like it's just me and you, goody two shoes," Tyler smiled. Maybe with Matt gone he could actually talk Vince into working for him. He knew that Vince could really use the income.

"Hell yeah, ain't got nothing better to do,' Vince gave him a smile.

*

*

*

He walked into the sweet smell that seemed to fill every corner of the house. He followed the scent till he was in the kitchen.

"You're so great at texting," the sarcasm in her voice was like a knife being hurled at him.

"Sorry. I didn't text you because I was coming home early."

Vince hated how when she was angry she wouldn't just say how she felt. Instead her energy just seemed shoot daggers at him.

"You know it's really annoying how you do that. refusing to answer me or just randomly dropping the conversation. Look. I'm sorry I didn't text you. "

She glared at him before passing him and setting the table.

"Well, since you're not doing any talking I'll just do it for you. I don't think I'm going to get a response back on the job," he waited for her response.

"Well, we shouldn't dwell on the bad things. Let's just go on and eat dinner."

"Even though I didn't get that job. I will be able to contribute a little something, at least for the bills this week," he said as he fished the crisp cash out of his pocket.

She looked up at him her eyes filled with questions and uncertainty, "Where did you get this money?"

"Tyler got tired of hearing about bad job interviews so he gave me a job. I'm his new go to man and bodyguard."

"I thought you said you went to go hang out with Matt. You know I hate h--"

"I did go to hang out with Mark on his lunch break. But honestly, sweetheart, where else would we go to hang out besides Tyler's? I mean we get free food and drinks as soon as we step in the bar. Right about now free sounds hella good," he stared down at his little wife. For once he was not appreciating that sassiness of hers.

Neveah couldn't really say anything to him she just shook her head and turned toward the table.

"I thought you were cool with Tyler," they had all been friends for the longest time.

"I am cool with Tyler. In fact I think he a smart, kind, and a loyal friend, but with all he does I don't want you to be so involved with him. I mean I don't know what exactly he does, but I'm not stupid. I know that behind all the stores and restaurants he's doing illegal stuff. And so what if he doesn't going around shooting people up like the others in town, but plenty of people who allegedly work for him have ended up in my e.r.," Neveah knew more than people like to give her credit for.

Vince couldn't give her a response.

She sat down in her seat and waited for him to join her. They ate for ten minutes straight with no conversation. The tension between them was so strained.

12