Like Father Like Son Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When Monday came, Phillip greeted it with a heavy sense of despair. The five days were almost up and he must take Bethan back to Dorchester to catch the afternoon train. Breakfast was a solemn affair and Bethan could eat little. She, too, was depressed by her impending departure. William and Beatrice kept silent, allowing the young couple space. Their sorrow hung in the air between them like the damp mist that had lain about the valley for the last few days. Phillip thought it ironic that Bethan’s last day should dawn bright and clear. He asked her, somewhat half-heartedly, how she wished to spend the time remaining to them. Without hesitation, she replied that they should climb the hill once more to the place where Phillip would build his house and he readily agreed.

They walked up through the woods from the house and onto the hillside. The magic had not departed and they stood together, each with an arm trailed about the other’s waist, silently gazing down at the sunlit village.

“It truly is beautiful here, Phillip, and so peaceful. Somehow, just being here makes me feel better.”

“That’s exactly how I feel, my love, and it’s why I want to live here for ever.”

They stood in silence for a while longer then Phillip screwed up his courage and asked the question that had been in his mind for the last few days.

“Bethan, I know it’s awfully sudden but I would like to ask you nonetheless. What I mean to say is, it would make me the happiest fellow on earth if you would do me the honour of becoming my wife.”

“Phillip?”

“Yes, my love?”

“I think I must be hearing things! Did you just me ask me to marry you?”

“D’you know, Miss Meredith, I rather think I did.”

Bethan’s mind raced in confusion. The prospect attracted her and frightened her at the same time. Phillip watched anxiously as she bit her lip. The white teeth against the rose of her mouth struck him as inordinately beautiful and his heart lurched. After what seemed like an eternity she turned towards him, put her arms around his neck and kissed him passionately. He felt the softness of her breasts pushing against him and he felt weak at the knees. He had to sit down and he drew her gently down beside him, spreading his jacket for her to sit on. Bethan kissed him again and he felt a new urgency in her embrace, a desperation almost. His hands moved to her breasts and she stiffened slightly but did not pull away. He stroked her through her clothing and she felt the strangest sensation that emanated from her nipples and kind of swirled down her front to between her legs. She broke the kiss and looked down in confusion. She stared in a mixture of fear and fascination at the very obvious bulge in Phillip’s trousers and saw again in her mind’s eye the rampant erection that had so disturbed her when he had been her patient the year before.


Phillip lay back on the grass and pulled her gently but insistently towards him. Panic and desire warred with each other inside her. He reached out his hand and softly touched her face, trailing his fingertips down her cheek until he cupped her chin lightly in his hand. He was looking deep into her eyes and she began to relax inside, the panic receding, the desire becoming controllable.

“You haven’t answered my question,” he said softly, holding her gaze with a look that was both worried and tender.

She heaved a sigh. “Phillip, I will not give you an answer here and now. It is too big a thing for me to think about quite yet. Please, give me some time.”

“But I love you, Bethan!” His voice was like that of a small boy, pleading and wistful.

“And I think I love you too, but I do need to be sure. Please don’t be sad, after all, I haven’t said no, have I?”

He was tempted to press her further but held himself in check. Some instinct told him that forcing the pace would never serve. He gave a rueful smile and kissed her lightly once again.

“Just you be sure you don’t take too long. After all, there’s all those French mam’selles!”

She threw back her head and gave him a haughty look, then ruined the effect by laughing. Phillip was surprised to find that he could laugh too and, suddenly, he did not feel rejected but rather encouraged. He tried for another kiss but she pulled away.

“Hold your horses, sir. Things are getting just a little bit, well, you know, too…”

“Interesting?”

“Too interesting by half, isn’t it?”

But he pulled her down on to him despite her protests and she surrendered to his kisses with good enough grace and not a little enthusiasm of her own. She felt his hardness pushing against her and his hands were on her buttocks, kneading them gently through the heavy cotton skirt. It seemed to her that immense heat was being generated by his ministrations and was making her light headed. She forced herself to push his hands away and sit up again. She knew she was wet between her legs and was a little ashamed of herself. Then she thought of what Sister Hallam had told her: how young men, and young women, come to that, were given these desires for a purpose and that there was nothing shameful in it. One should only be careful how one acted on the impulses and to be sure never to do anything that one didn’t want to. But that was the problem! Part of her, the moist, slippery part, seemed to want to do something quite a lot!

The realisation made her blush and she jumped hurriedly to her feet, smoothing away the stray stalks of dry grass and dead leaves. Phillip rose more slowly, more reluctantly but his face showed understanding. “ I love you, Bethan” he repeated and she nodded shyly, not able to bring herself to meet his quiet regard. They walked together further up the hill to the summit. Bethan made a long, slow circle, trying to imprint the place and its views forever on her memory. Whatever the future held, she knew that she would always love this place.

Then it was time to go down, time for lunch and time for them to part.