Lilith's Emporium: Awakened Ch. 02

Story Info
Selena's happy reunion may not be good for Jason.
6.5k words
4.72
15.7k
27
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
maestro84
maestro84
1,675 Followers

As he suddenly awoke he looked to see the sun going down not sure how long he had been asleep. He looked around trying to let his eyes focus when he saw Selena standing next to the bed back in her clothes and sliding her sword behind her back. She looked over at him seeing he was awake and stopped as if surprised looking like a deer in headlights. Her eyes looked heavy almost like something was wrong which concerned him.

"Good morning, or evening?"

"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you, I was just heading out."

"Where you headed?" He asked.

"The sun will be down soon so I am heading to Rorickstead."

"Well give me a minute, I'll get dressed."

"You don't have to come, you are in a weakened state at the moment and should rest."

"How long was I out?"

"About 20 hours."

"Wait, really? I'm sorry."

"It's normal when you lose as much blood as you did. I slept for a while... enjoying my meal and recovering, then I wanted to make sure you survived."

"Thanks, so how are you?"

"I am well, you were very nourishing."

"Oh, just nourishing?"

"Yes?" She said quickly as if she was being short with him.

"It's just, nothing I guess. Are you feeling okay?" He said a little confused as well.

"I'm fine, but I should really do this alone."

"Selena, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just think,"

"What?"

"Listen, Jason, you have already done more than you needed to, I no longer require your assistance, you can return home."

"What? No, I'm not going anywhere. I said I'd help you and I will see this through to the end." He said getting out of bed and catching himself as he was still a little dizzy but could manage as he put his clothes back on.

"Look at you, you can barely stand, go home."

"No, until you get the answers you are here for I am going to go with you, I swore I would."

"Fine, Suit yourself." She said almost angrily as she headed for the door with him following.

Jason was very confused by the way she was acting and didn't understand why. The elevator ride down was silent as neither one of them said a word. Jason wasn't sure what was wrong with her and didn't know what he had done to upset her. The things she said about them being together being inevitable and everything else she had said had him lost as now she seemed cold and distant.

As the door opened the stepped out and he followed her to the counter. There were still people looking at him oddly but he didn't really care at the moment. He overheard Selena talking to Lemar but it was like he wasn't listening or caring what they were discussing as he just stared at Selena. He was trying to figure out what the problem was with her because even though she was a vampire he had to believe such a passionate moment between them both could have just meant nothing to her.

"Are you ready Jason?" She asked him snapping him away from his thoughts.

"Huh, oh right, so are we taking a car or?"

"That will not be necessary Sir, follow me," Lemar said leading them both into a back room

The walked through as Lemar closed the door behind him before he began to speak this strange language that Jason could not understand. He heard the word "Rorickstead" which he recognized but wasn't sure what he was doing until a strange blue light began to form and there was suddenly a large circular cloud rotating in front of them. It made him think of the portal Nessira had made in the door from when they got here so he knew what it was.

"The portal will remain open until you are done, good luck in your quest Madam," Lemar said stepping aside. "Oh, and for you sir." He said handing Jason something.

"What's this supposed to be?"

"A protein bar sir, the Madame said you were feeling a bit weak."

"Oh, thanks?"

"Thank you for everything Lemar." Selena said before looking back at Jason and saying "are you coming?"

He was hesitant at first but took nodded before they both passed through the portal. It was a strange feeling as they stepped through as the temperature and air changed suddenly. They were standing in a large open field as the sunset in the distance. Jason looked around at the open country and it was quite lovely to behold. He looked over at Selena who also seemed to enjoy the view.

"So is this home?"

"It is, it's still as beautiful as I remember, I was afraid they would have built one of those awful cities here." She said with a little smile as she closed her eyes and breathed in the air.

"Hopefully we will find some answers." He said walking past her.

"Jason wait?" She said turning him back. "I need to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"I need to explain myself,"

"Explain what?"

"I'm not mad, at you I mean."

"Well, that's a relief."

"You see, there is a side effect from feeding that I experienced with you."

"Oh, and what's that?"

"After I drank your blood I saw some something, you see vampires can sometimes see the memories of the people we feed off of.

"Really, that seems strange?"

"It is usually only very intense memories, they get imprinted in your cells, and in your blood."

"Wait... what did you see?"

"I saw her."

Jason stood there confused for a moment not sure what to say. As he stared at her longer the look in her eyes said it all. The wind blew her hair and the evening sun reflected in them making her look as beautiful as he always saw her but the sadness on her face broke his heart.

"You saw Tina?"

"Yes, I saw memories of you two together, I felt how happy she made you, and then I saw her..."

"You saw her die," he said as she lowered her head. He didn't know what to say even though he had lived through it himself. "I'm sorry you had to see that."

"It's taken me time to process it, I tried to sleep but I couldn't, I was awake for hours just dealing with those images, I didn't know what to do with them and they are still bothering me. I felt your pain and I even became angry with you for letting me drink your blood, even though you were only trying to help."

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. If I had known..."

"It's just, this pain, it hurts so much, I feel it every time I look at you and I thought maybe if I distanced myself from you and sent you home this might be easier to deal with." She said as Jason stood there and listened. "It's not just the images, its how you felt dealing with it, how you refused to leave her side no matter what, just like you refused to leave mine." She said with tears in her eyes as she stared at him. "You are a better person than I ever imagined you were."

They both stood there silent for a few moments until he walked over and wrapped his arms around her. They stood there on that hill in each other's arms as the pain she was dealing with all too well and now felt bad offering her his blood. If he had known this would happen he might have tried to find another way.

"I know this pain, I've dealt with it for a long time, but don't push me away, let me help you get through it." He said still comforting her.

"I just don't know what we are going to find, and I don't know if I am emotionally ready to find out. I'm not as strong as you are."

"You are stronger than you realize, real strength comes to us when we are tested. Whatever happens, I am here with you, I won't leave you I promise."

When she finally pulled her head up to look at him it was only seconds before she pulled him in kissing him. Suddenly everything seemed a bit clearer yet still, an uncertainty remained on his mind. There was so much to take in and so much that could prove problematic but he didn't care. He tasted her lips and they were just as good as they were before.

"I don't know what we are going to find," she said removing her lips for a moment "but I am glad you are with me."

"Where else would I be? We will find your family."

She smiled at him and said "my family, He's already right here with me" before kissing him again.

They began to head off as he followed her through the darkening evening before he said: "So it wasn't the sex then?"

"What?" She said turning to him confused by the question.

"It's just, well I had a good time and then when I woke up you were mad at me so I thought maybe it wasn't as good for you or something."

"You are so stupid."

"Um, that seems to be the theme I'm going with apparently."

"Did I sound like I wasn't enjoying myself at the time?"

"Well, it's hard to tell sometimes."

"Well, listen more carefully next time."

"Okay." He said as she turned and continued on. "Wait, next time?"

"They went a little further before Jason said, "So tell me about your parents."

"My parents?"

"Yeah, what are they like?"

"Oh um."

"Sorry, I'm trying to help you get your mind off my memories of you haven't noticed."

"Thank you, I appreciate that, well my father he was a great man, some would even call him a king as he looked after the people even though it was never really his responsibility to, he was kind and always there for me."

"Were you all always vampires?"

"I was born one yes, but he became one many years before, him and my mother. It is hard to fight your predatory nature but he taught us to be more than the monsters people made us out to be."

"And the people trusted you?"

"They did, I would walk through the village some evenings and talk to many of them, I had friends there, which made it even harder when they turned on us."

"People believe what they want to believe I guess. What about your mother?"

"My mother was, well we were close when I was younger but sometimes I think she forgot that I grew up."

"How so?"

"She constantly tried to protect me, from everything."

"Mothers are like that."

"Yes, but she was worse, I loved her and I know she loved me but towards the end, I don't know, she changed."

"Judging by that tone I'm guessing not for the better?"

"She suddenly became paranoid, like something bad was going to happen to us, it was like she knew it was coming. She always said the humans would turn on us someday and she was right I guess."

"I see," Jason said as he thought about and something seemed odd about her story. "And you don't know what made them turn on you?"

"I don't, maybe vampires from somewhere else, or just some sort of murderer trying to frame us. Anyway, it shouldn't be far now." She said before continuing on.

They walked for about a half a mile as if she knew exactly where the ruins were. Even after 400 years, the landscape was still familiar to her or at least he assumed it was. The sun was down and it was dark but luckily the moon was bright enough to guide his way as she seemed to have no problem seeing in the dark. They walked through a small patch of the forest until they entered a clearing and he could make out what looked like stone in front of him. There was one broken down tower and just the outline of walls from the palace it once was.

Selena stopped for a moment before stepping over the leftover wall walking into the center of the ruins. They were overgrown with vines and other plant life. He waited for her to become emotional seeing her home like this but she had more of a sharpened look in her eyes like she was seeing something he could not. He went to approach her but she put her hand up motioning him to stay where he was as she seemed to be searching for something.

"There is something here." She said breaking the silence.

"What is it?"

"I don't know but I can feel a presence." She said walking over to the stone tower and stepping inside.

Jason followed her but it was hard for him to see anything in the darkness. He tried to follow her the best she could as she began to examine a stone wall. He could see her moving around like she was looking for something when he suddenly heard what sounded like stone scraping against stone and the wall began to open up in front of her.

"She was clever." He heard Selena say as she stepped inside.

There was silence for a while as it was too dark for Jason to find his way to follow her so he waited. The wind blew against the trees nearby and he suddenly realized that he didn't know what kind of wildlife lived out in this area so he was a little nervous but tried to hold his ground and hope she wasn't gone for long. Suddenly he heard a noise that made him jump as he suddenly saw someone moving in the darkness coming towards him. He was worried at first but soon realized it was Selena but she seemed to be carrying something heavy in a sort of burlap sack.

"Selena is that you?"

"I found something!" She said sounding excited.

"What's that?" He said curiously as to what she was carrying.

She kneeled down in the middle of the clearing outside the tower and pulled out what looked like a statue of a woman. The moonlight helped him see a little but it resembled Selena. He saw the excitement in her eyes as she stood it up.

"This is your mother isn't it?" He said.

"Yes, she must have used the same spell on herself after she used it on me."

"Well that's great, let wake her up?"

"Yes, it should take only a little blood."

"Do you want me to do it?"

"No, she doesn't know you so I should do it so she knows who it is waking her."

"Okay, are you ready for this?"

"As ready as I will ever be."

Selena bit her finger poking a small hole in it. She dropped the blood on the statue and stood back. Jason did the same figuring it would be safer not knowing what to expect. They both looked at each other for a moment before looking back down to where the statue was but there was nothing there.

"Wait, where did it..." Jason said before he suddenly stopped feeling someone grab him from behind.

He felt a hand around his throat and something sharp against his back and was suddenly scared for his life not sure what was happening. He looked over at Selena who had a shocked look on her face.

"Foolish mortal, I am Isadora of Rorickstead and you will pay for what you did to my husband!" A woman's voice said in Jason's ear.

"Mother, please don't!" Selena said rushing over to them both.

"Selena?" She said dropping Jason to the ground before looking at her daughter. "Selena is that you?"

"It is mother."

"You're, you're alive and safe, it worked!" She said embracing her daughter. Jason sat on the ground feeling the pain of where the blade had cut him a little. "I can't believe it."

"I am so happy I found you mother."

She smiled as they embraced a few moments longer before her mothers face suddenly changed to a look of concern and she said "What are you doing with this mortal?" pointing down at Jason.

"This is Jason, he has been helping me, he is the one who woke me."

"Selena don't you see, he is probably using you to get to me and finish us off!"

"No Mother, he is a friend, he is important to me."

"Oh Selena, please tell me you have not grown attached to this foolish boy."

"Its more than that, he has gone above and beyond to help me find you, we would not be together again without his help."

"He is a human, humans are our prey, he is probably a hunter in disguise."

"It's not like that Mother!"

"Please, I have been helping her find you," Jason said pulling himself up and holding out his hand to greet her.

"Silence!" She said grabbing his wrist to the point he felt something break as he fell to his knees holding his arm.

"Stop it Mother!" Selena yelled out.

"You foolish girl, I will never trust humans again after what they did to us, to our home and to your father, how would he feel if he knew you had befriended a human after what they did?"

"So, Father is dead?" Selena asked suddenly feeling the pain hit her.

"Yes my child, I watched him die before I took you to my chamber."

Selena had a sad look in her eyes after hearing about her father. Jason was holding his wrist as he continued to bleed through his shirt not sure what to say to make this situation any better. At first, he was happy Selena found her mother but so far he had not been enjoying this reunion. Isadora walked over to her placing her hand on her cheek to comfort her.

"It is alright my child, I forgive you for what you have done with this foolish mortal, you are young and make mistakes, it's how we learn, but we can solve this problem right now." She said turning towards Jason with the same bloodthirsty look in her eyes that Selena had shown him before.

"Wait, Selena I..." Jason said realizing he was powerless to do anything to stop her.

"Mother do not hurt him, please I beg of you." Selena pleaded with her as she picked up Jason by his shirt.

"You have poisoned my daughter's mind and I should kill you for everything you and your kind have done." She said holding up her other hand ready to rip his throat out.

"Mother please, please just don't kill him, he has been nothing but kind and understanding and patient with me, Lilith sent him to awaken me as she has been looking after me all these years."

"Lilith, you say?"

"Yes, her and her daughter Nessira, this man has done nothing wrong, there was a magic force that caused him to release me, he is innocent, he knows nothing of our kind and has done me no harm."

"Oh Selena, you gave yourself to him didn't you?"

"What, no it wasn't like that."

"I can smell her all over you, I should kill you right here and now!" She said with an angry glare as she held Jason in the air before her eyes suddenly returned to normal. "However you have returned my daughter to me and in return, I will spare your life for now, but if I ever see you near her again, if you try to find her I will suck you dry and burn your remains!"

"Please... don't!" He said as he struggled to get free. "You don't understand."

She began to speak a strange language before she touched his forehead and pushed him away. He felt himself hit a wooden door before falling on the floor surrounded by broken pieces. He was in a lot of pain as he looked up and realized he was back in Liliths Erotic Emporium.

"Really, you broke my supply closet door?" Nessira said standing there looking down at Jason who was covered with blood and holding his wrist. "What happened to you?"

"Where's Selena?" Jason asked disoriented.

"Just you I'm afraid, I'm guessing someone opened a portal sending you back here."

"I have to go back, send me back please!"

"I can't send you back."

"What?" He said pulling himself up. "Why not?"

"Because the person who sent you back is either more powerful or more talented than me."

"Dammit, Selena's mother. You have to help me!" He said almost yelling.

"What was that?" She said in an angry tone.

"I um, I'm sorry I'm just, I have to get back to her."

"Look here Jason, it is Jason, right? I'm sorry but there is nothing I can do, I can't send you to the hotel as you wouldn't last long enough to find her anyway."

"Then you come with me!"

"Sorry, can't leave the shop unattended, you need to calm down, and come here," She said grabbing his wrist as he let out a cry of pain before there was a flash of red light and it suddenly felt better. "There you go, oh and this one too." She said before touching his back sealing the knife wound.

"Wow, how did you?"

"Back in my day, they called me the Red Witch."

"Well, thank you."

"Don't mention it, despite the fact you broke my fucking door!"

Jason stood there looking at the broken closet with shattered pieces of wood all over. He thought about Selena and what had happened. He was afraid for her but he also realized it was her mother and as far as he knew she would not hurt her but he feared he had lost the first person he had given a damn about in a long time.

"What do I do now?" He finally asked breaking the silence. "I have to get back to her."

"Well, my daughter still seems to like you," Nessira said mentioning Shadow who was peaking out from the back room.

"I'm serious, I can't just do nothing."

maestro84
maestro84
1,675 Followers
12