Lindsey and Rob and...

Story Info
A wife neglected...
8.1k words
4.15
109.9k
47
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
muirmadra
muirmadra
541 Followers

Just a little tale of misunderstanding and trust...I'm afraid you'll find very little sex in this one.

muirmadra

*****

Lindsey and Rob and...

God, he was such an asshole at times! I stood in the door frame of our den watching as he slaved over another project from his work. He's been burning the candle at both ends for months now resulting in a severely unhappy side-effect, a very lonely and very angry young wife.

Rob, short for Robert, is a gifted architect for a high end design and development company, Myerson and Gafferty Development. He started working for them two years ago and has been taking on project after project after project. At first, I understood the necessity to impress the boss's. Rob and I discussed his future with the company and we both agreed he would have to put in some long hours and hard work to better his position with the firm. Rob figured it would probably take him a couple of years to achieve his goals and maybe be able to back off and spend quality time with his wife, me...Lindsey. And, so far, it seemed to be paying off.

Rob has already made a name for himself, not only in the company, but in the architectural and design field as well. Unknown to both of us, other like-businesses have submitted bids for architectural design work to Myerson and Gafferty asking specifically for Robert Dolan. Myerson and Gafferty were only too happy in accepting the bids and assigning the work to Rob but they failed to tell him it was for another firm. Some of these firms had made offers directly to Rob but, out of loyalty to Myerson and Gafferty, he turned them down. I wasn't so sure about his refusals.

Now, I was sure. For the past three months, Rob has virtually put me on the back-burner and I was pissed. I knew it would be hard but I didn't expect to be ignored completely.

Looking at him bent over the designs, I said, "Rob, why don't you put that to rest for now and come to bed?"

Without turning, he replied, "Can't Lin...I need to get these designs corrected by morning. Myerson's expecting them by tomorrow."

"How much longer before you go to bed?"

"Um...don't know. Guess until it's done."

"God damn it, Rob...how long?" I didn't mean to shout but his ambiguity struck a nerve.

This time he did turn. "What?"

"You heard me! How long before you finish with that and come to bed, the bed you're supposed to share with your wife. You know, the woman you married."

His face was priceless. You'd think I'd killed his favorite dog or something.

"Lindsey, what's going on?"

"No! No, Rob...it's not what's going on. It's what is not going on! We're not going on, that's what! When was the last time you held me, kissed me? For that matter, when was the last time we made love? Come on Rob, when was the last time you fucked me?"

Shocked, he whispered, "Fucked you? Lindsey, what the hell is wrong with you? You knew from the beginning this was going to be hard for us. Now, that we're almost there, now you want me to just drop everything, forget all that I've done for us? I admit, the last couple of months have been the worst but I promise you, it's almost over. Please honey, don't do this."

I should have listened to him, sweet Jesus I wish I had listened to him...but I was on a roll now, all the bitterness, the anger and the loneliness swelled beyond my control creating the St. Helens of resentment.

"Bull shit, Rob. You've been dangling that carrot way too long. I'm giving you a choice, me or those fucking sheets of paper on your desk!"

I could see the emotions playing across his face. Confusion and hurt mixed with surprise and anger finally settling into frustration. "Lindsey, you're right...I...I haven't given you the time you deserve but please understand, this needs to be completed by morning. It's extremely important to me, to us," he implored but his pleading fell on deaf ears.

"Fine," I angrily replied and spun around stomping toward the bedroom. Even I winced when the door slammed shut but, by then, my eyes had watered up and I burst into tears. I locked the door and fell upon the bed, sobbing.

Moments later, a light knocking came at the door. "Lin, can I come in...please?"

His voice sounded so pitiful, so upset but I didn't answer.

He knocked again and said, "Please Lin, let me in."

Again, I refused to answer, the bitterness controlling my judgment. After a few seconds, I heard him walk away. I wiped my eyes and wondered why I wouldn't let him in. Was I that angry? He probably went back to his work anyway.

The tears eventually dried up but that didn't keep me from being despondent. I was angry, bitter and lonely...and horny. And, my loving husband acted as if he didn't have a fucking clue...or...didn't care. Well, he's going to care and he won't be happy! I reached for the phone.

"Hello?"

I heard Suzie's voice wondering who would be calling at this time of the evening.

"Hey, Suzie girl, what are you doing?"

"Lindsey? What's up? You know what time it is?"

"Yeah, hey...what are doing tomorrow night?"

"Uh...nothing planned, why?"

"Oh, just thought maybe we could hit the Boogie and have some fun, just cut loose."

"Lin, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, Rob's been working on a project for awhile and I just need to get out."

"Did you guys have a fight or something?"

"Kinda...what do you say?"

"Okay, girlfriend. You want me to come get you?"

"Yeah, that'd be perfect."

"This alright with Rob?"

"Hell with Rob, he doesn't care one way or the other. This is for me!"

"Alright! What time?"

"Oh...around six thirtyish, seven?

"See ya then," said Suzie."

I hung up the phone and frowned. Was I doing the right thing taking off with Suzie? I knew Rob didn't trust my friend. Suzie was single and a little bit wild and loose with men.

He never let me forget about the last time he and I met Suzie at the Boogie, a fast nightclub downtown. Suzie had really let her hair down that night. Rob nearly exploded when she brought two strange men to the table asking me if I would dance with her guy's best friend. Suzie giggled and stared at Rob when she asked me. Without thinking, I stood up and was about to head out onto the dance floor when I glanced at my husband and froze. The look on Rob's face told me immediately I'd better think twice about dancing with that guy. We had only been married a year when that little near mistake happened.

Afterwards, Rob had threatened to leave me if I wanted Suzie's lifestyle. Either Suzie or him, he said. I realized how close I came that night. I loved Rob, he was my life. That was the last time I saw Suzie other than a rare visit at our home. I understood only too well, Suzie's influence over me.

And, now...here I was, ready to go out drinking and dancing tomorrow night with the very woman Rob hated. I remembered him bent over the desk glossing over those god damn blueprints. Well, fuck him and his blueprints, I fumed. It was time I became more than just a household item.

What I didn't realize was Rob had heard the entire conversation. He had picked up the phone to make a call at the same time Suzie answered.

***********

Rob stared at the phone, disbelief and hurt across his face. Rob might be a successful architect but he wasn't wimp, not by far he wasn't. Rob sat there looking at the phone, fury in his eyes. He knew exactly what Lin was going to do. God damn that woman, he mentally screamed. Everything she has, all the perks she enjoys comes from all this fucking work I've chained myself to, he thought. All the hard work I've done for the company resulted with a nice home, expensive car and clothes and other advantages she has to take pleasure in.

And now, just because I've had to sacrifice the past month or two on this god forsaken project, she feels slighted. Lindsey, he mused, it's time to see just how much rope you're willing to use to hang yourself. Rob set the phone on the cradle and closed his eyes, "damn it Lindsey," he sighed. Well, I have little time to prepare.

***********

The next morning, I awoke feeling better after my little tirade with Rob last night. When I went downstairs into the kitchen, I was surprised to find myself alone in the house. Coffee was ready but there was no Rob.

"Shit," I said, "I forgot I locked him out of the bedroom last night."

I checked the den and, yep, he and all his designs and blueprints were gone. He must have gone into work early, I thought. I felt somewhat bad for last night. He has been working hard but, damn it, I need some of his time also.

After a cup of coffee and breakfast, the phone rang and I was pleasantly startled to hear my friend, Suzie, ask me if it was still a go for tonight. Tonight? Oh my god, I so forgot about tonight.

"Uh...listen Suzie, maybe this isn't such a good idea," I whined. Suzie quickly said, "Come on Lin, you need this...you need to get out and have some fun. Shit, girl, it's been years since we partied!"

"I don't know, Rob is..."

"Rob's work is more important than you, girlfriend, or did you forget?"

Confused, I nodded and said, "Yeah, I know but he's been working so hard for us and..."

"Jesus Lindsey, listen to yourself. You going or not?"

I thought for a minute and made the decision, "Why not? I need this."

I finished straightening the house by four and left a note for Rob telling him I was out with Debbie, my sister, for the evening and not to wait up. I had a TV dinner in the frig for him and went into the bedroom to get ready for tonight. I was torn. I felt some guilt about going out with Suzie club hopping but, on the other hand, was excited about getting out and having a little fun.

Five o'clock came around and I knew Rob would be home soon. I grabbed a plastic bag and carefully placed my sexiest outfit in it and then hid it in the trunk of my car. I had told Suzie I would meet her at her apartment instead of her coming here. That's all Rob would need to see, Suzie picking me up for a night on the town.

I did wear my best under garments. Rob would never see those sexy things beneath my 'regular clothes.' Now that I think about, he's never seen me wear them.

At six, I was in the bathroom putting the finishing touches to my make-up and hair. Rob still hadn't come home. Concerned, I tried calling him but he didn't answer his cell phone. Must still be at work, probably pitching his designs, I thought. Shit, was I clueless.

************

Rob's cell phone started vibrating once more. Probably Lindsey wondering where I am, he thought. Wouldn't she be surprised to know he was just up the street watching the house? Rob had borrowed a company car he knew Lin wouldn't be familiar with and sat there the better part of an hour waiting for Suzie to show up. He didn't know Lin had changed plans and was going to her house. He was curious when she came out and stuffed a large bag into the trunk of her Toyota parked in the driveway. What's in the bag, he speculated?

He looked at the cell phone and confirmed it was Lin trying to reach him. The time was a quarter after six. Suzie would at the house soon. He reflected over Suzie. In the beginning, he didn't mind Lin's friend; in fact, Suzie was her maid of honor at their wedding. But, during that first year, something happened to drastically change his mind about Suzie.

It occurred at the Boogie, a nightclub that was known as the hot spot in town. He and Lin had gone to meet her friend at the club. After an hour of dancing and drinking, he and Lin found a booth to settle into for a breather. After a twirl on the dance floor, Suzie came bounding up and fell into the booth and onto Rob's lap, Lin laughing as he tried to extricate himself from the bubbly blond.

"Oh, come on Rob, loosen up a bit," laughed Suzie. "Dance with me please,"

Rob looked at Lin for help but all she did was nod and say, "Go ahead and dance with Suzie, Rob. Have some fun. It's nice seeing the two of you, two people I love the most, having fun. Rob really didn't have any desire to dance with her but, reluctantly; he slid along the booth and followed the energetic Suzie onto the dance floor.

The first dance was a fast one and was soon over. As he began to head for the booth, Suzie grabbed him and begged for one more. The next number was a slow one and, like an octopus, attached herself to him. She wrapped her hands behind his neck and rested her head on his shoulder as they slowly moved over the dance floor.

"Rob?"

"Yes Suzie?"

"You love Lindsey a great deal, don't you?"

"Of course I do, why?"

"Uh...you know about Lin before you met, right? You know she and I were pretty wild for years until she met you."

"Yeah, I know...Lin told me all about her past life. Neither of us were virgins when we met, Suzie. But, that's all history."

"Did she ever tell you we would share boyfriends?"

"Share?" I inquired, already knowing the answer.

"Um...yeah, shared, you know, swap our partners."

"I think she mentioned it."

"Oh..."

Rob and Suzie continued to dance until he felt Suzie's lips on his neck, kissing him.

"Suzie, what are you doing?"

"Should be obvious Rob, I'm kissing you. I find you extremely attractive. Believe me, Lin won't mind." As she said this, she pressed her hips hard against his rubbing his crotch. Rob turned his head to tell her to stop and was ambushed by a pair of lips and a tongue. For a second, he was startled as her tongue slid into his mouth. Suddenly, he placed his hands over her shoulders and shoved her away. Surprised, Suzie lost her balance and fell backward landing on her ass, her skirt flying upward revealing her panties-less bald pussy.

Rob stared down at her, Suzie astonished and angry at his reaction to her seductive charms. As he stomped off back to the booth, a slick looking young man appeared out of nowhere to help her up.

When returned to the booth, he was surprised and upset to find Lin missing. He looked around and found her by the bar, surround by three men. Rob could see she was enjoying their attention. Luckily, she happened to see him staring at her. A flash of guilt fell over her face but was swiftly replace with a smile and a wave. She pushed her way from the men carrying two drinks. The three began to follow in her wake until they saw Rob waiting. When they saw the look in his eyes, they altered course and left in the opposite direction.

"Hi honey, I got us a couple of drinks...what's wrong." Lindsey saw the anger behind his eyes.

"What the hell were you doing with those guys," demanded Rob.

"What guys? Oh...you mean those three at the bar. They were just being friendly, that's all. Rob, you're jealous! Oh, this is precious. Thank you, honey."

"No...ah...I mean, yeah...maybe I am jealous of men pawing at you. Lindsey, you're married now. You're not with Suzie now, you're my wife and you're with me. Right?"

Lin saw the concern in her husband's face and nodded, "Yes Rob, I am your wife and I'm with you. Okay?"

Rob saw relief in his wife's eyes when he nodded and held her hand as they sat down.

Lin glanced around the club and asked, "Where's Suzie? Didn't you two dance?"

"Yeah, we danced. I came back here but I think she found some guy."

Lindsey giggled and said, "Figures, doesn't take her long."

Rob and Lin sipped at their drinks as they watched the explosion of energy in the club until Suzie appeared with two men. With disbelief, Rob heard Suzie tell, not ask, Lin to dance with the other guy and grabbed Lin's hand pulling her from the booth. The entire time, Suzie glared at Rob.

Just as Lin and Suzie were about to move to the dance floor, Lin turned and looked at Rob and stopped. Rob was moving out of the booth, murder in his eyes. Lin pulled away from Suzie and quickly went back to Rob, holding him as he stared at Suzie. Suzie angrily turned away and hustled the two men onto the dance floor.

Rob turned to his wife and said, "Time to leave!"

"Now? But, the night is..." But Lin didn't' say anything further. His face said it all, no discussion...time to go.

There was nothing said in the car on the way home but he remembered the 'little' discussion at home. Rob insisted Suzie was no longer welcome in their home and suggested Lin reconsider her friendship with Suzie. He never did tell her of Suzie's coming on to him on the dance floor. That was nearly two years ago and Lin appeared to take his suggestion to heart. Or, so he thought.

Here he was waiting for Suzie to take his wife out clubbing. Well, everything is ready, he thought. Let the games begin.

What the fuck is she up to? Rob wondered. He watched as Lin came out and stood by her car. She turned to stare at the house and looked at her wrist watch. She looked upset as she stared up and down the street before she slipped into the car. Rob started his car and pulled out as she drove down the road following her to an apartment complex not more than ten minutes away. Must be Suzie's place, he thought as he parked and waited. Lin had taken the bag out of the trunk before she walked into the complex.

"God damn it, Lindsey," Rob muttered when Lin disappeared behind a building. Nothing to do but wait, he thought and settled back into the seat. Twenty minutes passed before a flashy red Chrysler Sebring convertible pulled out of the underground parking, two women in the front seats, a blond and a strawberry blond laughing, their long hair flaring in the wind.

Rob followed them at a safe distance to the Boogie and saw Suzie pull into the valet drive-up. He stopped for moment to watch the women exit and walk into the club, men watching them as they entered. He noticed two particular men trail after the girls. Fun time, he thought.

***************

Suzie and I walked into the club laughing and carrying on. It was like old times, before I met Rob. I could see men turn and stare, some of those gazing inflamed me. God, I felt free and single again. I knew I had to be careful though. I had no intention of getting out of hand, I only wanted to let loose and have some fun. I only wish Rob was with me.

The Boogie was packed, standing room only. Suzie was screaming and pushing her way through the crowds trying get to the bar. Finally gaining a spot at the counter, she hustled me next to her and yelled at the bartender for two vodka martinis, very dry and very dirty. The music and the dance floor were out of control. Suzie and I grabbed our drinks and made our way through the undulating masses until we found a small table against the far wall.

"This is fucking great," screamed Suzie over the blaring music.

"Yeah!" I agreed moving to the rhythm of the band, the music a blend of pop and R & B.

"Don't look now, but we've got two going for the hook!"

I gazed at the crowd but didn't see what Suzie was talking about.

"I said don't look! Two really cute guys are slowly making their way to our little corner. I got the dark one!"

Finally, I found them and they were definitely good looking. Both of them were tall and slender, the blond more athletic. The dark haired one had the European look with the slick clothes and day's growth beard. The blond was more the collegiate wearing jeans, a black t-shirt and navy blue chambray long sleeve button down, the sleeves rolled up to just below his elbows. He was clean shaven with piercing blue eyes that glinted predatory and we were the prey. I felt myself getting moist and immediately felt guilt. I shouldn't be here, feeling this way. My god, this was wrong. So why didn't I do something?

"Helloooo...ladies, may we join you?" The dark haired male hungrily smiled with those gorgeous porcelains of his.

Without hesitation, Suzie said, "Why of course you may. I'm Suzanna, Suzie for short, and my sexy friend here is Lindsey but you can call her..."

"Lindsey!" I said, a little too forcefully. "I'm Lindsey."

muirmadra
muirmadra
541 Followers