Lisa Ch. 05a: Only Human

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JadenL
JadenL
338 Followers

"Alright, why don't you get that pot?" he said indicating the furthest, largest pot. Jessica squealed and jumped up and down, clapping her hands.

"Thank you Jimmy, thank you!" she kissed his lips ... a little longer than he would have expected, and went to get the pot. While her back was turned, he gathered all of the knives in the vicinity and threw them into a drawer that was as far from Jessica as possible. Once she had the pot, she didn't hesitate to get water from the sink, place it on the stove, and turn the stove on. It was as if she did it every day.

"Any veggies to cut up for the sauce?" she asked as she practically skipped to the fridge, and stood peering into it.

"I got them ..." Jimmy said taking Jessica by the shoulders and moving her out of the way. "Why don't you grate some cheese ..."

"Where's the grater?" she asked, snatching the cheese from Jim's hand. "The water is boiling." She said peering around Jim. He turned to see steam billowing out from under the pot lid. Jessica moved as if to go around him.

"I got it," he said, "you grate."

"Sit Baby!" Jessica said to the pup that rubbed against her leg. "You think she can eat some cheese?" Jessica asked Jim.

"I don't know ..." Jim said, "try it I guess."

"See if you can catch it ... " she said to Baby. She laughed as the pup nearly missed the piece of cheese.

Scott walked in the front door and did a double take. He saw Jessica in the kitchen, arm moving up and down, Jim not far from her, back to her, stirring a pot.

All need to go to the washroom disappeared as fear gripped him. Was Jim stupid enough to give Jessica a knife? He felt like he was living a double life. When he and Jessica were alone in his room, he felt like he and she were different people. He had nothing to fear from her. He knew every part of her body, she, his ... but out here ... he knew nothing. She was a different person. Possibly one who would be willing to stab him with the kitchen knife. He had to get it from her. Just to be on the safe side.

Neither Jim or Jessica had noticed Scott's entrance. Leaning his rifle against the wall as quietly as he could, he took the opportunity to sneak into the kitchen. He saw the dog lying at Jessica's feet. The dog barely noticed him. He crept behind Jessica, the whole time envisioning how he could get the knife from Jessica as safely as possible.

With the element of surprise, it should be easy. He was about to slip his arm around Jessica's neck, down her front and grab her wrist when he saw the grater on the counter and the orange stub of cheese in her hand. Cheese? She was grating cheese? Relief flooded over him.

"What's going on?" Josh asked from the doorway.

Jessica turned and jumped when she found Scott standing right behind her.

"You scared me!" she stated, as Scott turned back to her, relieved that it was Josh who had spoken and not Riley, or God help them, Angus. "Don't do that again!" she said giving him a small shove on his chest.

"That goes both ways lady," Scott said, "I think my heart stopped when I saw her in here ..." he said to Jim, "are you nuts? Do you know how Angus and Riley would react?"

"Jesus Jim, she just got her privileges back, what are you trying to pull?" Josh said.

"It was my idea," Jessica interjected.

All three stood staring at her.

"I wanted to help. I love to cook." Silence ensued. "I do know how to cook, you know." More silence. "Is it really that hard to believe?" She asked.

"No, what's hard to believe is that after what you've been through with Angus, you'd be dumb enough to get him mad again!" Scott practically shouted.

Jessica shrank and Scott couldn't believe that she was actually pouting.

"You don't have to be so mean! I just wanted to help that's all. Why should Riley or Angus get mad about that?"

"Why? Why? Oh you're funny Jess. Why don't you ask them that?" Scott demanded.

"Fine!" Jessica said a flicker of fear passing over her expression at the suggestion. "Let me know when you're in a better mood!" and throwing the cheese onto the counter, Jessica pushed past Scott, stomped past Jim and Josh, into the living room and flung herself onto the sofa, Baby following her.

She scooped her up, turned her back on the kitchen and the men, and hid her face in the puppy's fur.

"What the hell was that?" Scott asked Jim and Josh, disbelieving what he just saw.

"Guys ... "Jim said quietly, "she was bored. She wanted to help me cook. She has never, ever, suggested something like that before."

"A trick?" Josh asked.

Jim shook his head. "I don't think so. You saw what she just did ... have you ever seen her like that before?"

"Doesn't mean it's not a trick," Scott said.

"About a month ago, she went the whole night without a single nightmare. For the past two weeks she hasn't had a single one while she was with me." Jim said.

"Not one?" Scott asked.

"What does that mean?" Josh whispered.

"I think she's accepting the fact that she's here, with us." Jim said.

"Well, if Riley or Angus catch her in the kitchen she'll be reconsidering that!" Josh said.

"If she talks to them, like she just did to me, " Scott added watching her sulk on the sofa, "she may not be alive to reconsider anything."

"First off, it's that time of the month, you know she gets crankier then," Jim said.

"Shit ..." Scott hissed through gritted teeth. He'd forgotten about that, and tonight was his night with her.

"And," Jim continued, "she's scared shitless of both Riley and Angus ... even when she has her period she's extra careful around them. I doubt she'll misbehave around them."

"Either one of them could have come through that door while she was grating away," Josh said pointing at the front door.

"Okay ... why don't we see if we can get them to let her help with the cooking?" Jim asked.

Josh and Scott looked at him as if he'd lost his mind.

"We'd have to be subtle about it ..." Jim added.

"Let me get this straight ... " Scott said, "you want to play mind games with Riley and Angus?"

"I guess you could call it that ...I don't know about you guys, but I want her to help me cook. If she's bored, she's going to have time to think. Think about her family, think about how to get out of here ..."

"If Riley or Angus figure out what we're doing they're going to kill us." Scott said.

"All the more reason to make sure they don't figure it out. Look, if we each, gradually, over-time, let it slip that Jessica loves to cook, and then that she's bored, Riley will come to his own conclusions. I mean, you don't honestly think Riley came up with the 'be nicer to Jessica' idea alone did you?"

"You?" Josh asked. "You did that?"

"Over a very long time, and very gradually, yes. We just have to be smart, smarter than I have been. Riley and Angus pretty much mistrust anything I say right now because they think I'm Jessica's patsy, but if we let them think that we're on their side. Agree with whatever they say, but 'suggest' alternatives, without knowing it, they'll change their minds."

"Okay, I'm in." Josh said, still completely impressed with Jim's success already with Riley.

"Scott?" Jim asked.

"I'm in, but what am I going to do about Lizzy Borden over there?" Scott asked, jerking his thumb in Jessica's direction. "I can't let her get away with that."

"Set her straight," Josh said, "just remember that it's your night with her tonight ... you may want it to be a pleasant one."

"Jim?" Scott asked. "She hardly ever gets mad at you ... "

"Hey," Jim said, "she and I were happily cooking away in the kitchen. But, if you really want me to take care of it, I will."

"Never mind," Scott said and strode into the living room. "Jessica ..."

"Yes?" she answered turning to face him. She looked more relaxed than she had five minutes before.

"Since when have you been allowed to speak to me, much less take off on me, like that?"

"I'm sorry Scott Scott. I was angry, that's all." She got up, and moved to him. Scott instinctively moved back. What used to be her head butt move somehow changed into a peck on the lips. "Do you forgive me?"

Scott didn't know what to say. He looked over at Josh and Jim ... they looked surprised too "Yyeeees, :" he finally managed to say, "but don't do it again."

"Dinner almost ready?" Riley asked as he came in the house. "Is there a problem?"

"Not exactly a problem," Scott replied. "Well, something has you standing around looking like guppies without any water ... what the hell is it?"

"Jessica got a little out of line with Scott, " Josh said.

"But she has since apologized," Jim said, struck by the change that came over Jessica when Riley had entered the room.

She'd been relaxed, easily looking any one of the three of them in eyes, but as soon as Riley arrived, she seemed to have shrunk. Her head was lowered, and she was cowering.

Josh and Scott noticed it too. Scott pulled her to him, she was shaking.

"That's right," he said, "I've forgiven her."

Riley hadn't seemed to notice a change in her demeanor. Josh hoped that Riley wasn't going to mount an inquisition into her behavior. Jessica's fear would probably grow ten-fold.

"Out of line about what?" he asked as he made his way to the kitchen, grabbed a beer from the fridge.

The three men looked at one another. Dare they go so far as to lie? Jim had done that once already, that wasn't a road Scott cared to go down. He didn't know if Josh knew about Jim's lie, but he seemed to be hesitant about what to say next, also.

"About cooking," Scott finally said.

"Cooking?" Riley asked in surprise.

"I let her grate the cheese," Jim admitted. Hell, if she was going to get into trouble, they may as well do it together.

"Why did you suddenly have this overwhelming need to have Jessica grate cheese?"

"She'd asked if she could help ... she was bored."

There was silence as Riley stood staring at Jessica.

"I put the knives away, " Jim added, "I don't think there's much left that she could do."

"Maybe the problem is that you just don't think," Riley answered. "We're talking about substances that we ingest Jim ... no sharp objects are required ...".

"If one of us is with her ... all she can do is cook. She'd feel like she was doing something useful, Riley, she could feel a little more connected ... "

Riley watched Jessica. Her head was buried in Scott's chest, but he could tell she was listening to every word.

"What do you say?" Josh asked. Jim had made some valid points. Maybe if she felt more connected, she'd be happier.

"No. Not right now. Until she proves to me that we can trust her when we're in a position of vulnerability, she can't earn that right. I don't see how she's going to manage that ... "

He watched for some reaction from Jessica, but she remained very still. He wasn't sure yet what to make of the fact that she'd requested to cook. She always made her requests to Jim, Josh or Scott, so he could not be sure of her demeanor when she made them, but he certainly hoped the men were alert and would be able to pick-up on her intentions.

Okay, maybe not Scott. While Jimmy was by far Jessica's patsy, Scott had a knack for getting himself into near death experiences. And while Jessica's behavior for the previous weeks had been practically impeccable her obedience heightened his concerns rather than ease them. However, he was willing to ignore them for the time being. As Jim was so eager to point out, if he wanted her to be obedient, he couldn't punish her for it.

"What's going on?" Angus demanded as he slammed the front door behind himself. He stood staring at Jessica cowering in Scott's arms.

"Jessica is getting domestic on us," Riley answered.

"Say what?"

"I told her that when she proved to us that we could trust her, we'd let her cook."

"Do we have to wait till then to eat?" Angus retorted while heading for the bathroom, his oil covered hands held away from him. "I'm pretty sure we'll all starve."

"Good point. Is dinner ready then?" Riley asked really more interested in eating then debating an issue he couldn't take seriously. "Then let's eat," Riley said when Jim nodded. Everyone served themselves in the kitchen, Jim getting a plate for Jessica, and seated themselves around the table. Jessica paused between Scott and Josh.

"Baby, sit," she commanded pressing down on Baby's bum and snapping her fingers above Baby's head. Riley choked on his beer, it came out of his nose and sprayed from his mouth. She'd repeated the exact same words and actions he'd done earlier in the day while he'd been training a much older pup.

"Jesus Christ Riley!" Angus yelled as he stared at the beer that was spewed on his plate. Riley coughed as he switched plates with Angus. By the time he'd cleared his lungs and looked back at Jessica, she was sitting in her seat and staring at her plate.

"She's too young yet Jessica," he said. Jessica's head flew-up and there was a look of excitement in her eyes.

"How old does she need to be?" she asked.

"Older than this ... another five or six weeks. You want to be the one to train her, do you?"

"Can I?" Jessica asked, wiggling in her seat, clearly eager.

"You've got 5 or 6 weeks to prove to me that you deserve it. I expect you to be the picture of good behavior until then. Do you think you can handle that?"

Jessica nodded her head.

"You're not off to a very good start," Riley grumbled.

"Yes ... yes, I can handle that," she said while trying to maintain eye contact with Riley.

"Ahuh," Riley said and waved his fork at her, "eat your dinner."

He was stunned. A positive interaction. He and Jessica had another positive interaction. They were few and far between, but they were happening. Angus watched as Jessica pushed her food around with her fork. The past several weeks had been frustrating for him. She was being incredibly patient with whatever she had planned for her escape. Patient and deceptive.

Somehow, in the past four weeks she had managed to be on her best behavior ever. Well behaved, and more than just a little weird. The other day he'd found a couple of his Sports Cars Illustrated in Jim's room. When he'd asked Jim how they'd gotten there, he was surprised to find out that Jessica had been reading them. What the hell kind of interest could she possibly have in car magazines?

Angus wished she'd hurry up and get on with whatever she'd planned... then he could go back to his old routines with her ... and most importantly, he could fuck her again. Six weeks with no sex were killing him. Jessica slurped a noodle into her mouth, and Angus couldn't look at her anymore. Even with sauce splattered all over her chin, she'd had a stirring effect on him. And he couldn't do anything about it. The only way he could keep from beating the shit out of her on a regular basis was to stay away from her all together.

Fuck, he needed a drink. He kicked back his chair as he moved to the kitchen. "Anyone else for a shot of whiskey?"

"Later," Riley said. The others declined. Riley pushed his emptied plate away and was surprised to see Jessica lean toward Josh and whisper in his ear.

"Care to share Jessica?" he asked.

Jessica snapped to attention on her chair.

"Well?"

"May I be excused?" she asked.

Excused? Riley thought.

He and Angus exchanged a look. Jessica never got up from the table before them ... but she had finished her meal, there was little reason that she couldn't.

"Alright," Riley said.

Angus lingered by the back wall. He leaned back against it and tossed the shot of whiskey to the back of his throat. Jessica didn't so much as pause once Riley gave the okay.

"Where's your ball Baby?" she asked as she led the pup away from the table, toward the sofa.

The men sat around the table and watched Jessica roll the ball for the pup. She had to wrestle it away from the dog, Baby didn't have the notion of returning the ball yet. Jessica scooted around on the floor with Baby, and soon they were working their way around the sofa.

"Give me that, you silly dog!" Jessica said and after Baby gave it up, Jessica rolled it again. The ball bounced off the sofa leg and spun across the floor directly in front of the front door. The puppy scampered after it, slid across the floor, bumping into the butt of Scott's rifle that leant against the wall. Baby bounced off, and ran back for the ball.

"Baby!" Jessica exclaimed scooting after her, right where she was forbidden to go. The men moved in unison. Riley, Scott, Josh and Jim, jumped from their chairs, Angus heaved himself from the wall. Jessica had turned her back to the guns, but the scraping of the barrel of Scott's gun sliding along the wall caught her attention. She looked over her shoulder, saw the gun falling over, reached out and caught the barrel before it hit the floor.

"Jessica freeze!" Scott yelled.

"Ooops," she muttered. She was about to get up, but when she saw the men coming at her, she froze. "it fell over ..."

"Don't move!" Angus thundered. The men had skidded to a halt a few feet from Jessica. "Put the gun down Jessica, just lay it down!"

Jessica complied. Tail wagging Baby wriggled over to Jessica. She scooped the puppy up just as Josh, who was nearest to Jessica, pulled her to her feet and back into the living room. Angus picked up the gun, and stood staring at it. The others looked from the gun, to Jessica, to one another. Jessica stood in Josh's grip, kissing the puppy, enduring the ensuing shocked silence.

"Fucking hell," Angus exclaimed the reality of what could have happened sinking in. "Who fucking left this here?" Angus thundered. Scott, ashen faced, raised his hand. "Take this motherfucking thing and put it where it's supposed to be!" Angus ordered, stomping over to Scott and jamming it in Scott's chest.

"Right ... sorry," Scott muttered.

"Josh," Riley said coming around to Josh and Jessica, "I think it's time you uphold your end of the bargain we made."

"Huh?"

"The dog Josh ..." Riley said. He felt a strange sense of anger building in him. Surprisingly he wasn't angry at Jessica, but at Josh.

"Oh, oh right. Jessica, Baby is big enough to go back to the kennel now ..."

"The kennel?" Jessica asked, her face crumpled and she was on the verge of tears.

"She can fend for herself now Jessica, " Riley said, "and before you go getting all worked up about this, just keep in mind that Baby, and Scott," Riley threw Scott a dirty look, "have got you into a lot of trouble. Say goodbye to the dog!"

"But she's still a baby!" Jessica began.

"Jess, you'll see her tomorrow," Jim interrupted impatiently. He couldn't believe she was debating this. Even by his standards she had done wrong ... sort of. It didn't seem as though it had been intentional, but who knew ... Jessica stared at Jim.

"Oh ..." she exclaimed bringing her hand to her mouth. She looked at the door, the gun rack, Angus repetitively making a fist with his right hand, and smacking it into his left, Scott sitting on the sofa, his hands grasping his head and pulling his hair. The realization hit her ... she'd been somewhere that could earn her a beating.

"I ... it wasn't on purpose, I wasn't thinking ... bye bye Baby!" Josh had picked-up the dog and headed for the door.

"You weren't thinking?" Riley growled.

Jessica stepped back, right into Jim's arms.

"Then start thinking now. Come here!" Riley was prepared to repeat himself, reach and grab her, but silently and without looking up, Jessica stepped forward. "Take her downstairs, Jim."

"That's it?" Angus asked when Jim returned from escorting Jessica to the basement. He paced around the room.

"We all saw what happened, Angus." Riley said and moved toward Scott, who still sat cradling his head. "Any thoughts on the matter?" he asked him. Scott looked up.

JadenL
JadenL
338 Followers
1...45678...14