Lisa Ch. 07b: Jessica

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JadenL
JadenL
338 Followers

"What's with you?" Angus asked.

"Huh?" Jessica asked. Angus lay under his car, looking at her.

"You're looking at me funny." Angus said, sliding out from under the car, wiping his hands with a cloth while he stalked toward her.

"I am?" Jessica asked.

"Yes. Yes you are." Angus said reaching her, sliding an arm under her pit, and another under her knees he lifted her, took her seat on the rock and balanced her on his lap. "So what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong ..."

"Jessica ..." Angus said in a warning tone.

"Okay, okay. Lately I've just been wondering something."

Angus cocked an eye at her.

Jessica took a deep breath. "What if ... what if the reason Beth had an abortion isn't what you thought it was? What if it was something else entirely and you had no reason to hate her, and you could live happily ever after with her?"

Angus stared at her. He looked so utterly surprised that it took him a full minute to begin to look taken aback. And another minute before his face began to turn red.

"Are you okay?" Jessica asked bringing her hands to his face.

"I never, never, ever, want to hear her name come out of your mouth again. Got it?" Angus bellowed.

"But Angus ..."

"No. No. I said never again. Do you understand Jessica?"

"Yes I do. But that's not really fair." Jessica said.

"Not fair?" Angus demanded.

"Please Angus." Jessica said, kissing his cheek, "That was part of your life. You went through a lot of pain. I want to be able to share that with ..."

"No." Angus said and stood up suddenly, catching Jessica just before she fell. He righted her in front of him. "I'm not going to talk to you about this. I think you'd better go get cleaned up. I'll be there in a minute."

"Angus ..."

"Go! Jessica, now!"

Jessica took a step back. Angus was furious. Furious. Jessica noted with some relief that he didn't look like he hated her, but he was definitely not happy with her.

"I'm sorry." Jessica muttered, took the risk to step in and peck his cheek and then turned and headed toward the house.

Angus closed his eyes, feeling rage, and pain and hurt, rolling over him.

Jessica was right. It'd been the blackest time of his life. And he couldn't bring himself to share it with her. Maybe that was wrong. He just didn't know anymore. But he couldn't let her go like this. He'd taken his hurt and turned it on Jessica.

"Jessica." He said, "Jessica ..." he strode in the direction she had gone and rounded the car in time to see her nearly halfway through the clearing. She hadn't heard him. He decided to pack up and go in to talk to Jessica.

He was about to turn back toward the car he'd been working on when he heard a growl. Spinning he scanned the area. And then he saw it. A dog ... or what used to be a dog. Right now it looked like a demon straight from hell. It stood in the tree line, not far from him. It was looking at Jessica, growling, teeth bared. His skinny body, bones protruding, fur sparse, was quivering.

He couldn't believe he'd left the gun leaning against the car he'd been working on. Maybe if he ran he could make it to the gun and come back ... but a second look at the dog was a reality check. It seemed to be salivating as it took a step forward.

"Jessica, run!" Angus yelled as the dog lunged forward in a dead run.

Jessica looked back just in time to see Angus fly through the air and tackle a dog as it ran toward her. Instantly the dog grasped Angus' arm in its mouth and tore at it.

"Angus!" Jessica screamed and began to run to him.

"No! Jessica! Run away ... go get help!"

Jessica slid to a stop and bent down to pick up a rock. She hurled it at the dog. It bounced off his head he didn't seem to notice it.

Angus looked up and saw Jessica running toward the cars they'd been working on. What the hell? She was screaming for help while she ran.

"Mother fucker!" he swore as the dog seemed to sink its teeth even deeper into his arm. Luckily it was his left arm. Now that Jessica was safely out of the dogs reach Angus let go of its body with his right arm and began punching it in the head, with as much force as he could muster. Despite the situation and the loud growling of the dog, Angus could still hear the sound of running feet. The men were coming.

"Just a minute more ..." Angus was muttering to the dog, "and you're going to be nothing more than a dead sack of dog shit. Maybe I'll stuff you and keep you as a memento ... "

"Angus!" Jessica's voice shrieked from behind him ... nearby. He looked up. Jessica stood not a foot away from him, legs planted a foot apart, a rifle raised to her eye, nozzle point at him. No, not at him, but just near him. Suddenly the gun jerked, a shot echoed through the air, and the tugging at his arm stopped instantly. He heard a thud. Looking down he saw the dogs' body lying beside him, legs twitching. He looked at the blood pouring out of his arm, and then back up at Jessica who was now walking toward him with the rifle lowered. From behind him he heard Riley say, "Shit!" in a surprised tone.

Angus watched Jessica walk up to the still twitching dog, put the rifle to its head and fire. There was a final convulsion and then the dog lay still.

"Angus, are you alright?" Jessica was crouching beside him, clutching his damaged arm. She looked up as Riley came to kneel beside her.

"He's losing so much blood!" she said.

"He'll be okay!" Riley said, taking his belt off and then looping it around Angus' arm above the torn flesh, he pulled it tight.

"Are you crazy?" Jessica muttered to Angus, leaning over and laying a volley of kisses on his cheek. "You can't just tackle a wild dog!"

"It was coming after you Jess ... you were supposed to run. What the hell were you doing with that rock? And the gun ..."

"You attacked the dog?" Josh asked. He was staring at Angus.

"Yeah, well. It not a big deal ."

"Are you kidding?" Jessica replied. "The dog was running at me and then from nowhere Angus flew through the air and tackled it! It was definitely a big deal!"

Angus smiled at Jessica's colorful account.

He looked up to see Josh staring at him in awe.

"It wasn't that big a deal, really." He said not sure he deserved the reverence that was settling onto Josh's face.

Riley patted Angus on the shoulder of his uninjured arm.

"Let's get this fixed up. At least we don't need to worry about rabies."

"There's that." Angus agreed and kissed the top of Jessica's head when she stuck it under his arm and tried to shoulder his weight.

Inside Jessica helped Riley clean the bites, disinfect them, and then bandage it.

"Jess." Jim said motioning her over with his head. "We're going to be late to play if we don't get out of here in at least an hour."

Jessica looked over at Angus. Feeling guilty again.

"Okay." She said. She sighed. She liked going to the bar. She liked her friends, she liked Beth, she liked the music, the dancing. She was so selfish that she just couldn't give it up, even when Angus lay on the sofa, arm torn up because he'd protected her. "I'll get cleaned up."

She went to the sofa and crawled onto it, right next to Angus.

"I um, I have to go get ready for my friend time, with Jim." She said. "Will you be okay?"

"Do you mean, 'would I prefer you stayed here with me and coddled me for the night but I'll live with the fact that you'll be out?' Then yes, I'll be alright." Angus said.

Jessica giggled, kissed him on the lips and headed to the bathroom.

She smiled while she showered. Now that Angus was injured, maybe she could finally get him and Riley to watch the last two Twilight movies with her. Something always seemed to interfere with that. Not that she minded because it was always something exciting and fun, but she was beginning to realize that unless something like this happened, she'd never get around to watching the movies with the men.

Exactly an hour later, Jessica was chatting with Tracy and Dave at the bar. Jim had disappeared with his friends.

"Jessica ..." Beth said, out of breath.

"What's wrong?" Jessica asked eyeing Beth. She looked scared.

"What's going on babe?" Tom asked reaching out for Beth.

"Oh ... nothing." She said looking at Tom in surprise. She hadn't noticed his presence at all. "I just need to chat with Jessica for a second ... excuse us." And she pulled Jessica with her over to the wall near the bathrooms.

"What is it?" Jessica asked.

"It's Paul, and his men. They're coming here. Now."

"What? Why?"

"Anthony has challenged Paul for his territory."

"Oh no!"

"In a motor bike race. Whoever wins, wins everything."

"Oh no ..."

"Yes."

"Why are they coming here?"

"Kurt told them about you. Said you were really good on a bike." Beth said and looked Jessica up and down as if she had a hard time believing it. "They're going to ask Jim to let you ride for them."

"What? That's crazy. He'll never agree ... and how did they know we were here?"

"I told them." Beth said.

"You what?"

"They were going to go to your place. Talk to Riley and Angus. Can you imagine how that would have ended?"

"Oh my God!" Jessica said. "Oh my God! But Beth, Jim won't say yes either. They'll kill him too! Maybe they'll let Jim ride for them?"

"They don't want Jim. They want you."

"He won't agree!" Jessica repeated.

"But Jim brings you here. He's different with you ... he might say yes."

Jessica shook her head. Remembering how upset Jim had been with her race against Kurt, she was certain he'd say no.

"They can't talk to Jim Beth ..."

"They're right there ..." Beth said motioning toward three large men who had stopped several tables away and stood staring at Beth and Jessica.

"Fine." Jessica mumbled, took a deep breath, set her shoulders back and marched towards the men.

"Mr ... Paul," Jessica said at a loss for what to call him. "I'm Jessica. I believe we have some business to discuss?"

Paul looked behind her.

"Where's Jim?"

"He's busy but not necessary for this discussion. I make my own agreements." Jessica said, impressing even herself with how self-assured she sounded.

"Okay." Paul said after Beth had nodded her agreement. "Where can we talk?"

Jessica looked around the bar. "Maybe outside would be best."

"After you then." Paul said and swept his arm past him, toward the door.

"I don't know what Beth told you, but this contest is very important." Paul said once they'd found a quiet place outside the bar to talk. Jessica studied Paul. He was old. Well, not old, but older than any other clan member she'd met. He had grey hair and was surrounded by two brick walls who were younger than he was by far, but looked no less serious them him.

"Beth mentioned that."

"There are no rules ... it's to the last man ... person, standing." Paul added.

"And it's just me?" Jessica asked.

"No. I have a team of my best riders. I believe you've already met Kurt ..." Paul said with a smile.

"When is it?" Jessica asked.

"Two days from now."

"That soon?"

"Yes. Is that a problem?"

"No."

"Good. Abe here will give you the directions."

"You haven't heard my terms yet." Jessica said. Paul froze and his eyes took on a dangerous glint.

"You have terms?" he asked, his voice ice cold.

"Yes I do. If I win this for you I want you to leave my men alone. Let them out of the clan."

"No one leaves the clan Jessica." Paul said in a terse tone. "Not alive anyway."

"Okay fine. Then let them do surveillance only. That's what they're doing now but I hear them arguing with you about it all the time. No more field work for any of them. Agreed?"

"I don't negotiate." Paul said in a cold, hard voice. His expression changed entirely to one that radiated danger. Paul had Angus and Riley beat in the intimidation department and every fiber of Jessica's body told her to get the hell away from him. But the likely outcome of her leaving kept her there. And the thought of the men getting hurt stirred a fury in her that overpowered her fear. She jutted her chin out and squared her shoulders.

"Then I don't ride."

"I'll go to Jim and he'll make you ride."

"Maybe Kurt didn't relay the nature of the response he got from Riley when he suggested I race with him. But it was an emphatic no."

"This won't be a suggestion and it won't be Riley."

"Then expect a fight. It doesn't matter who you ask, they'll say no."

"Is that so?" Paul demanded and stepped forward, pressing up against Jessica and glaring down at her.

"Back off Paul." Beth said and moved next to Jessica.

Paul snapped his eyes over to Beth. Fury rolled off of him and his two goons moved beside him. Beth and Jessica were surrounded. Jessica could only see Beth out of the corner of her eye but it didn't look like she was wavering.

For her part, Jessica thought her heart was going to pound its way right out of her chest. "Your services are no longer required." Paul finally growled out to Beth. "Leave."

"I'm with Jessica. Where she goes, I go." Beth said and there was a tense moment where Jessica was certain that the goons would tear Beth and her into tiny pieces. But then Paul turned his gaze back to Jessica.

'Well, in for an ounce in for a pound.' Jessica remembered her father's favorite saying. She leaned closer to Paul, and shoved her face close to his.

"Those are my terms. Accept them, and you'll win the contest. Go to the men, expect violence." She said.

"Then your 'men' will end up dead."

"Maybe. But they'll take a few of your men with them." Jessica said. "Seems a waste considering that the race is supposed to avoid bloodshed. I wonder what your sister would think of that? I know Anthony would be thankful to you for killing off your own followers for him."

Paul blinked. "I think you're overestimating your husbands' abilities. They'll be dead, and you'll ride for me."

"Then you'll have a fight with Sean and Corey's faction." Beth said. "Jessica is under our protection as are Riley's men."

Paul didn't bother acknowledging Beth. He stared at Jessica but Jessica sensed that he was calming down.

"Then we'll take you right now. Talking to Jim was for courtesy sake only."

Jessica shrugged. "Same result. You don't think they'll find me? And quite frankly Paul, a willing participant does so much better than an unwilling one. It's your call. Your territory at stake. For a minor inconvenience to you, I can guarantee your victory."

Paul stared at Jessica for a long time. Finally he sighed, stepped back and looked at his goons. "Do you believe the balls on this girl?"

Chuckling he looked back at Jessica.

"Okay. Deal. But what do you get out of this?" Paul asked.

"Peace of mind." Jessica said.

Paul nodded.

"Abe will give you the instructions." He said nodding to the goon on his right.

"And I need riding gear and a bike."

"You have your own riding gear and bike." Paul said.

"And I can't use them without the men knowing."

"Fine."

"And helmets with communication devices in them. The team and I have to be able to communicate."

"Done."

"And the men can't find out that I'm racing for you."

Paul nodded. "Only the five of us know. I'll keep it that way until the race."

Jessica nodded.

"You may want to keep it that way after the race too." Jessica said. "There's no accounting for what might happen out of anger."

Paul paused but then nodded.

"Later." Paul said and turned away.

Abe handed some papers to Beth and then he and the other muscle man followed Paul.

Jessica forced herself to stand until their car disappeared into the distance and then her legs gave out on her.

"Holy shit Jessica." Beth said, grabbing her before she hit the ground. "What have you done? No one talks to Paul like that and gets away with it. I thought he was going to kill us for sure."

"Well, he didn't. But I'm not worried about Paul. Do you know what will happen if the men find out about this?"

"I can imagine." Beth said.

Jessica shuddered. "I need help. You have to tell Leah and the others to invite me out to go shopping again. They have to be my excuse to disappear for a few hours."

"You think you can do this without the men knowing?"

"I intend to try."

"Okay. Okay. I'll talk to them."

"Tonight. You have to tell them tonight. Plans have to be made by tomorrow at the latest."

"Consider it done."

"Now let's go pretend like we're having a good time." Jessica said heading back into the bar.

*************************************************************

"Is everything okay?" Jim asked, leaning on his elbow looking down at Jessica.

It was three in the morning and they were all lying in a jumbled mess on the mattresses in the living room.

Jessica had made it through the motions of singing and dancing without much effort. And then they'd gotten home and the sex had been great even if Angus was limited to using one arm. Jessica had managed to forget about the lie she was planning to pull on the men. But then, as they lay together in a mound, enjoying the afterglow, Scott had mentioned that Paul' men had come by the house earlier for an odd visit and Jessica almost hyperventilated.

"What time were they here?" Jessica managed.

"Around nine. Look Jess, I'm sorry I said anything." Scott said, "It was nothing really, just weird that's all."

Nine o'clock. She figured that was around the time Paul came to the bar. That jerk had sent his men to the house as insurance.

Jessica closed her eyes. Maybe she'd gotten in over her head. What if she lost the race? What would happen to the men?

"Jessica." Angus said and he had a tone to his voice that made Jessica's eyes snap open. "I'm sorry about what I said earlier about ... her. I don't know why I have such a hard time sharing ..."

"It's okay Angus." Jessica said reaching up for his good hand. "Don't worry about it at all. I'm sorry I said anything." God she was an awful person. She had so many lies going on at the moment that she felt beyond guilty. How were the men ever going to trust her again?

"Jess ... what's going on? You sound ... nervous." Josh said.

"I do?" Jessica asked surprised. Well, if she ever had any delusions about being a secret agent or spy in a future life, they were gone. She apparently was an open book.

"Guys, it's almost four in the morning and Jessica started her day yesterday at seven ... and it included parachuting, motor biking and God knows what else." Riley said. "I think she may be tired."

"Yes ..." Jessica agreed quickly, "Yes, that's it, I'm tired, beat, wiped. Can we go to sleep?"

"Okay ..." Jim said slowly and Jessica could tell from his expression that he wasn't buying it.

"Oh Jess, we almost forgot to tell you. Leah called earlier and asked if she and the girls could have another shopping and spa day with you tomorrow." Scott said.

"Really?" Jessica asked but her surprise sounded fake to her. Jim narrowed his eyes. "I'd love that, if you don't mind?" Jessica said.

"Not a problem." Angus said since it was his day with her, "Maybe another jam session later that night. What do you think?"

Jessica swallowed hard and felt like crawling in a hole. Angus was trying so hard to make her happy. Even the other men looked away, feeling for him as he struggled to make whatever he thought was wrong, right.

"Sure Angus, that'd be great. Thanks." Jessica said and then faked a yawn, "Can we go to sleep now?"

Everyone settled down and despite Jessica's worries, she fell to sleep instantly.

The next day Jessica was more in control of herself. The men took that as a sign that she'd truly been fatigued but they were still worried that it could be something else ... like disappointment. They had conferenced while Jessica showered and realized that there were a few things they'd promised her that still hadn't happened.

JadenL
JadenL
338 Followers
1...34567...12