Lisa Ch. 08a: Evil

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ninety-five ..." Angus said and this time he didn't lower his gaze when Jessica brought hers to his.

"Ninety." Riley added and didn't get much comfort from having a lower number than Angus. Especially when Angus groaned.

Jessica looked from one to the other, and then to Jim, Scott and Josh.

"Hard to love us now, isn't it?" Angus asked.

"Those are large numbers." Jessica said quietly, "But you don't intend to kill anyone anymore, right?"

Riley and Angus shook their heads.

"Good, then that's all that matters." Jessica said and smiled.

Silence hung in the air while Riley and Angus searched her face.

"You're serious." Angus said with disbelief.

"Yes."

Riley exhaled. "So, if you won't return the consequences, what can we do to make things up to you?"

"That's easy, you can believe me that we need to convince Daryl's friends that Daryl and his family left. Telling them that you haven't seen them is not good enough."

"We do believe you." Josh said.

"But Jess, I just can't think of a way to do it. Honest to God." Scott said.

"Okay. Well, if it were me, and I were to go to a friend's house and find their clothes and toiletries missing, I'd see that as a clue that maybe they'd gone somewhere." Jessica said.

"That ..." Jim said after a few minutes of silence, "is good. But I'm sure that by now they've checked their houses."

"True ..." Jessica said, "but ..." she said excited by an idea that came to her, "if I were trying to quit something that had never been quit before I'd try to do it without making it obvious."

"Yes ..." Scott prompted when Jessica became lost in thought.

"So, I'd leave my things alone, but I'd still need supplies to survive. I'd have to get those supplies somewhere else."

"So you'd buy some." Jim said.

"I could ..." Jessica said. "Money. That's it ... if they'd drained their bank accounts then it would be obvious that they left."

"We don't have bank accounts though." Angus said, "We deal in cash."

"Really?" Jessica asked, disappointed. "But how does that work when you're far away from each other? That's not very convenient."

"Emergency fund ..." Riley said bolting upright. "We have an emergency bank account. We don't use it much, at least I haven't. But it's there."

"Emergency ..." Jessica said. "Exactly. In all the movies the spies have safe houses. You know, where they go if things go wrong. Doesn't the clan have something like that? Did I say something wrong?" She asked when the men stared at her.

"No. You're just a fucking genius Jessica." Riley said and a huge grin split his face. "We do have safe houses. But I don't know where any of Daryl's safe houses are."

"And the money?" Jessica asked. All the men were smiling at her now, and she grinned back at them.

"We could take the money." Riley said, "But how would we make it look like Daryl took it?"

"There has to be a way." Jessica said.

"There is." Josh said, "Don is a computer whiz. He'll know how to do it, I'm sure of it. He hacks into the government computer systems all the time."

"Okay but will the money be enough? I'm not sure how we'd figure out where Daryl's safe houses are." Jim asked.

"No, we need the safe house too. If we take the clothes and toiletries from there it will make it look like they ran away. And if Don is a computer whiz he can help there too. We still have Daryl's car, somewhere, right?" Jessica asked.

"Corey and Sean took care of their cars but I guess they're around somewhere." Riley said.

"And it's likely they have GPS systems in them?" Jessica asked.

"They did have an emergency ..." Jim said, "They may have gone to a safe house, we could probably find it with their GPS. Jess, that's just ... amazing."

"You're amazing ..." Scott said.

Jessica smiled and despite the pride she felt swell up in her she also felt her cheeks burn red.

"Why are you embarrassed?" Jim asked, gently running his thumb over her red cheeks.

Jessica shrugged and searched her mind for a diversion. It was embarrassing to get flattery for some reason.

"Are we going to keep this a secret from Abe and Rick?" She asked willing the red on her face to disappear.

"As much as I'd like to," Riley said, caressing her other cheek, "I don't think it'd be a good idea. They're here all the time, if we try to keep it from them they'll know something is up. And as much as I distrust Paul, he has been good to you ... to us. He may even be able to help."

Jessica nodded. "I don't know about Paul, but I like Abe and Rick. I think they'll help."

"You look tired Jess. You should rest for a bit." Jim said.

"You guys look pretty tired too." Jessica said.

"We've been resting on the mattresses here in the living room. We can pull them closer to the sofa and watch a movie." Josh said hitching his thumb over his shoulder. Jessica looked between Jim and Scott and saw their bed on the floor.

"Good idea." Jessica said beginning to feel fatigue flood over her.

"Before that though, there's something else we have to tell you." Angus said and his tone cut through Jessica's drowsiness. He sounded and looked despondent.

"Shit yeah," Scott said. Angus' demeanor made it clear to Scott that Angus was talking about the birth control pills.

"What is it?"

"You've missed almost a week of your pills. The doc said there was no way to give them to you while you were unconscious. He doesn't think it's likely you'd get pregnant but he said to wait and see if you get your period." Angus said.

"Oh." Jessica said, stunned.

"But he has no idea how much sex we've had ... I don't think he realizes how likely it is that you were inseminated. " Riley added.

"But he really didn't think you could get pregnant with the trauma you've had, and the meds he's given you." Jim added when Jessica grew paler than she had been.

"And if you are pregnant there are options ..." Angus said quietly and Jessica groaned and closed her eyes.

"We're sorry Jess. Doc said there was nothing we could do." Jim said.

"Jessica," Angus said and when she looked at him he continued, "If you're pregnant we'll support whatever you want to do. Whatever choice you make, I'll stand behind you."

Jessica stretched her hand down to try and take Angus' hand. She couldn't quite reach, but Scott leaned back and Angus leaned forward, laying his head on her stomach. Jessica rubbed his head, running her fingers through his short gold hair.

"I won't lie." She said, "I'm ... terrified."

"Six armed psychopaths, no problem, one potential baby and you're scared ..." Josh said shaking his head.

"Ha, ha ..." Jessica said. "The six armed psychopaths are dead and gone, a baby would be completely dependent on us and be with us forever."

"Forever?" Angus asked, turning his head to look at her.

"Forever." Jessica said brushing his hair back off his forehead.

"Do you mean ...?"

"Yes. I do."

"Jess ..." Angus murmured, a smile splitting his face.

"You still look terrified." Riley observed.

"I am." Jessica said, "I'm not ready to be a mother."

"You probably don't have to be." Jim said, "Let's just wait and see."

"To be honest, I'm pretty terrified too." Scott said.

"Yeah, me too." Angus said.

"Christ ... I don't think I've ever looked forward to your period before." Riley said with a forced laugh.

A knock at the door interrupted them.

"Time must be up." Jim said when Jessica looked at the door in surprise, "They've run out of things to do out there."

"You guys set up the bed and the movie ... I'll go find Don and ask him about the money and safe house." Scott said.

"I'd sure be curious to see how he does it ..." Jessica said, watching Scott struggle to his feet.

"You and me both." He said, moving to kiss Jessica on the lips. "Come in!" He called out when a knock sounded on the door again ... "I swear we can't get a moments peace these days." He muttered, pecked Jessica's lips again and with a wink and a huge smile he shuffled his way toward the door that was now open, admitting Corey, Sean, Abe and Leah.

Several hours later Jessica blinked as the living room light went on. The men had arranged their mattresses near the sofa, the others had sat on chairs from the kitchen and the armchair, and Leah had folded herself onto the sofa at Jessica's feet. The men had been willing to make the ultimate sacrifice and watch Twilight again but Jessica had talked them out of it. She'd been certain that Sean, Corey, Abe, Rick, Mark, Stan and Chris would have no desire to watch Twilight and she was certain that she'd doze in and out anyway so there was no reason to play it on her account. And she'd been right, she'd slept on and off even though the men had picked the Die Hard movie and explosions and gunfire erupted constantly.

Neither Scott or Don had come to watch the movie and now as the light went on she saw Don come in, grab the coffee table that had been moved off to the side put it just under the front window. Scott limped through the front door, white as a ghost, carrying a couple of small boxes and a bag. Don, took the boxes and bag from Scott and when Scott noticed Jessica watching him he nodded and then limped over to the sofa. Despite how pale and clammy he looked, Scott was grinning from ear to ear.

"Scott, you have to sit down ... you're going to pass out." Jessica said, trying to sit up.

"I am going to sit, over there with Don." Scott said tilting his head toward the table that Don had put under the window. "Don can do the money and the safe house. I told him that we wanted to see how he did it so I bought us a lap top and router. He's going to set us up and do everything right from here so we can see."

"Not only is this a brilliant idea but I finally get to bring you guys into the twenty first century." Don said standing next to Scott.

"What idea?" Mark asked.

"Jessica had a kick-ass idea for getting Daryl's people off our backs." Don replied and Jessica felt her cheeks turning red again.

"And it is?" Corey asked.

"You didn't tell them?" Don asked Riley, "Okay, this is great," Don said when Riley shook his head, "so we're going to take supplies from one of Daryl's safe houses and money from the emergency reserve. It'll make it look like they took off."

"You can do that?" Rick asked.

"I've gotta do some snooping but once I have a few pieces of info I can transfer the funds online. Once I find one of their safe houses we can clear that out too. Shouldn't be too hard."

"Well," Abe said getting up from the chair he had next to the mattresses and moving next to Don to stand by Jessica's feet. Jessica had looked down at her hands so he paused until she looked up, "that is a brilliant idea. I knew you were a clever one. Now, if you'll all excuse me for a minute I should check over my patient."

The men shifted the mattresses back a little, and Jim, Josh and Riley followed Scott and Don back to the table under the window. Leah stayed near Jessica's feet and Angus lay back on the mattress, leaning on his elbows and watching every move Abe was making. Corey, Sean, and Mark moved to the kitchen and rummaged in the fridge emitting the sounds of glass clinking on glass.

"Anyone want a beer?" Mark called out. Jessica watched her fingers play with the blanket edge as she felt Abe settle next to her on the sofa and listened to the chorus of beer confirmations sounding around her.

It was embarrassing enough to be praised like that, in front the men, additionally embarrassing to be praised in front of a roomful of acquaintances but it was especially embarrassing to turn bright red in front of them. Jessica closed her eyes and wished her face to pale.

Suddenly a finger slid under her chin and lifted. Jessica found herself looking at Abe.

"Beautiful, brave, brainy and bashful ... quite the package Jessica. Don't be embarrassed about having it all." Abe said with a wink.

"Can you please stick to nursing ..." Angus grumbled.

"How are you feeling?" Abe asked, ignoring Angus.

"Fine, but I don't like not feeling my legs." Jessica replied.

"Doc will be back tomorrow, I'm sure he'll wean you off the anesthetic, don't worry."

Jessica nodded.

"Everything looks good." Abe said after examining the bandages and feeling Jessica's forehead. "Just keep relaxing. I'm going to whip up some Shepherd's Pie for dinner, so make sure you eat to keep your strength up. 'K?"

Jessica nodded, "I love Shepherd's Pie. Thanks."

Angus watched Abe move to the kitchen. When he looked back Jessica was looking at him.

"I was rude, I know, sorry. He's just way too friendly for my liking." Angus said.

"I love you Angus," Jessica said laying back against the arm rest, "no amount of friendliness from anyone else is going to change that you know."

Angus laughed. "I still don't like him ... but he is right about the package thing. You shouldn't be embarrassed about that."

"It just kind of happens." Jessica said.

"Angus, you up for some annihilation with Call of Duty?" Mark asked.

"Jess, did you want to watch or play anything?" Angus asked.

"No, you go ahead."

"That's truly unbelievable ..." Leah said stretching out next to Jessica. Leah was watching Angus move closer to the TV with Mark. "He really has changed. Are you okay if I squeeze in here?"

Jessica nodded and tried to shift closer to the edge as Leah arranged herself around Jessica's tubes.

"The girls are gonna come over after dinner." Leah said, and then lowered her voice, "I have to tell you that I love being here. The men actually cook! Back at home us girls get stuck with it ... how'd you pull it off?"

"I guess that's one of the perks of not being trusted in the kitchen." Jessica said and laughed when Leah looked at her funny. "Not because I can't cook ... early on they thought I'd stab them with a kitchen knife. But it looks like Abe must cook a lot too and I had absolutely no influence on him."

"You know what Beth told me?" Leah said in an even more hushed voice.

"No, what?" Jessica whispered back.

"That she had the distinct feeling that Abe and Rick were bumping boots with Paul's sister."

"Stasia?" Jessica asked and thought back to the night at the bar. "I guess they did seem pretty close. I wonder what Stasia's husband would think of that if he knew ..."

"I wonder what it means to us if he ever finds out." Leah said her voice going cold, "I doubt things would be settled on a race track."

Jessica shivered.

"Never mind, hopefully they have the good sense to not be so obvious around her husband." Leah said patting her arm. "Though they are good looking men ..." Leah tossed in, popping her head up to watch Abe in the kitchen.

"Leah, you are so bad ..." Jessica said laughing.

"Just a healthy hot blooded female ..." Leah said. "That reminds me ..." Leah said settling back on the sofa and lowering her voice. "Does Scott really ... does he enjoy ..."

"Enjoy ...?" Jessica asked when Leah was clearly struggling with how to word her question.

"Machines ... you know, sex with machines?"

"What?" Jessica gasped, "How, why, where ..." she sputtered, "Did you get an idea like that?"

"Scott told us, Corey and me, when we came in to give you blood."

"He what?!" Jessica demanded, "Why would he do that?"

"He was hurt and couldn't move those ... machines. He had to ask Corey for help."

"So he said they were for him?"

Leah nodded.

Jessica couldn't believe it. Scott had humiliated himself to protect her.

"You're the only ones that know right?" Jessica asked, embarrassed for him.

"No," Leah said and hung her head, "we kind of told Sean and them."

"No ..." Jessica groaned.

"I know, I know, it's bad. I'm sorry, but we just couldn't seem to keep it to ourselves. So, it's true then?"

Jessica looked over at the men by the window and while the others were huddled around Don and the laptop, Scott was standing slightly apart from them. To Jessica he looked left out, alone. Jessica felt an ache in her chest. She couldn't believe he'd done that. Embarrassed himself for her. She couldn't leave it like that.

"Actually Leah, it's not true." She said and she felt her face burn red, "Scott was protecting me. I'm the one who uses the machines."

"Really?" Leah asked in a hushed voice. Jessica nodded. "I won't tell anyone." She added.

"No, you have to. Tell everyone who thinks it's Scott. Please, it's not fair to him."

"But you're turning bright red Jess which is quite the feat given how low your blood pressure probably is."

"I always turn red ... I'll get over it. Please just tell them the truth."

Leah looked over at Scott. "He must really love you ..." she said in a dreamy voice and sighed, "to do something like that for you."

Jessica looked at Leah in surprise. She looked sad.

"I'm sure Corey would do that for you." Jessica said.

"What?" Leah gasped swiveling her head back to Jessica so quickly Jessica was certain she'd given herself whiplash. "Why would you say that?"

"You and Corey are together, aren't you?" Jessica asked confused by the panic that was rolling off Leah in waves. Jessica was certain that she'd picked up on something between them. Maybe it had been the medication. She certainly had been kind of out of it but she was sure of what she'd seen. "I thought ... I was pretty sure that you two seemed ... together. Sorry if I misinterpreted things." Jessica said.

Leah's eyes strayed to Corey and Sean sitting at the dining room table, drinking beer and laughing. She seemed to turn green.

"Are you okay?" Jessica asked.

"No." Leah said and dropped her head against the back of the sofa. "How did you know?" she whispered.

"It was kind of obvious." Jessica said, "maybe I'm wrong ..." she added when Leah groaned and collapsed on top of her, holding her head. "Why is it a bad thing?"

"Sean doesn't know." Leah said. "And he can't know ..." she said suddenly sitting up and grabbing Jessica's hand.

"Why?"

"I don't know what he'd do but I can guess and it wouldn't be pretty." Leah said.

"Sean and Corey are best friends aren't they?"

Leah nodded her head, "But I think that may change when Sean finds out about us."

"Why wouldn't he want his sister and his best friend to get together?"

Leah shrugged. "I don't think Corey himself would be the problem. Sean doesn't want me to date anyone in the clan. I don't know why, but he's made that pretty clear."

"So he'd let you date someone outside the clan?"

Leah snorted, "Not likely."

"So he expects you to never date anyone? Ever?"

"Seems that way."

"Well, that sucks." Jessica said.

"Tell me about it." Leah said.

"So you're going to keep it secret forever?"

"I guess so. But if you could tell then maybe we won't be able to."

"How long have you been together?"

"A month. Tonight is our first monthevsary." Leah sat up, "To celebrate Corey's rented us a room in a hotel. We're sneaking out later. It'll be our first time ..." Leah said looking nervous again. She looked up at Jessica, "Actually, it'll be my first time. And I know it's lame," Leah added when Jessica looked at her in stunned silence, "since you had five to deal with and I only have one ... and you were way younger than I am your first time, but do you have any advice?"

"Uh, yeah, use protection." Jessica said her mind spinning. "No seriously," she added when Leah looked at her like she'd lost it, "especially if you don't think Sean will approve. The last thing you want is to get pregnant."

"I'm sure Corey will have protection." Leah said. "I didn't mean that kind of advice. Corey has experience so I think it will be ... great for me." Leah said, pink coming to her cheeks, "But what should I ... do ... to make it great for Corey?"

"Oh," Jessica said. In her mind she ran through the multiple first times that she'd had with the men and decided to discount the rapes and even the later consensual sex and only count the sex they'd had after the oath. "Well. You need to use your hands and your mouth a lot ... on their, you know, cocks." Now Jessica's face was burning. She felt a little uncomfortable too ... what she and the men did was private to her. Discussing it with anyone else seemed wrong.