Liv's Legacy: Paula Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes, we will, won't we?" I said, my tears still slowly and silently flowing.

We showered, then we dressed and left. We had to keep moving, and I was glad Elle thought so too.

* * * *

We traveled constantly, our eyes always seeing something different, though it was all the same.

When we were gone over a week, we found a tree near some woods where Liv held her classes, and mixed her ashes in there, doing so quietly, and very surreptitiously.

"I think she would have approved," I said.

"I think you're right. It's a fitting place for them around the tree and close to where she taught."

We went to my home with Liv and talked a while after looking longingly at everything there.

"Hon, where do you think we should live?" Elle asked me.

On the bed where we so often made love, our clothes still on, I wondered about it. We had to live in one place, I guessed. In this house, Liv's ghost would always be around, and depending on how I could take it, it might not be a good thing, then again it might be a wonderful thing for both of us loved Liv.

"Can we think about it? Maybe you'll come up with a reason for one or the other."

"We still have to see Liv's attorney and have her tell us of any last wishes Liv had that she might have kept from us."

"That's a good idea, Elle. God, I feel so terrible, yet I love you so much and I'm grateful to have your love. What would I ever do without you being here?"

"Come to me anyway, I hope," Elle said and kissed me lightly, lovingly.

"So when do we see the attorney?"

"Let me call her," she said, and picked up the phone.

It was a short conversation. "Tomorrow morning. Okay?"

* * * *

At the attorney's, Jeanette, whom I had met before, as had Elle, I was surprised by the notes Liv had left for each of us. To me, expressing her love for all eternity, and to love Elle as I had loved her. She also had a word about the house: she said to go to Elle's and make our life there. Too much sadness had been in our house no matter that there was much love between the three of us.

All that she had, including her trust, was left to me to do with as I wished, but to always look to love, and to remember Solo Veritas always. Those were some of her last living words to me, and they brought tears to my eyes.

To Elle, she thanked her for her love, and for loving me too, and gave me into her care to live with and love as she knew Elle would want to do. It was all so sad, yet so Liv. There was much more, but those were the most important words.

Afterwards, we went to where I had lived with Liv, and spent the night there, our minds soaking in all of our remembrances of Liv and her love of us both, the joyously wild, wonderfully sexual love we shared, as well as the pure love we had for each other.

Chapter 17

We spent some time sorting out what had belonged to Liv. Most of her clothes I put aside to donate to The Salvation Army, including shoes, handbags, and what not. Liv's car was by far the better of the two, so I elected to sell mine.

"Maybe we should leave the pots and pans here in case we feel a need to come back for some reason. The same with the appliances, and maybe the furniture."

"Whatever you think, hon," Elle told me.

We went out and bought some throw covers to keep the dust from settling on the furniture, then left, me driving Liv's car to my new home with Elle.

* * * *

Jeanette, Liv's, and now my, attorney, was suing the church where the religious nut had been roused to shoot and kill Liv. He had said he was inspired, if it could be called that, to do the deed by the preacher who said she deserved to be shot and others like her should be too. What the suit would produce didn't matter, just that that particular congregation and its preacher would be broken up and left penniless and unable to harm anyone else. I also wanted that preacher branded, and known as a disgraceful hate-monger, and for others to know what they could expect to be done to them if they did as he had. That I definitely approved of as did Elle.

It wasn't finished with that preacher though. The FBI charged him, as well as the shooter, with a hate crime. That surely did the branding of the preacher that he needed to have, as well as put him in jail.

Having taken care of what to give away and what to keep, Elle called the girls in our group to let them know we were back, and would be staying at Elle's. She asked them not to come by, to allow me more time to adjust to how things were, and they agreed. Elle did promise we'd be back to the club when I was ready.

"I think I need to be doing something with my time," I said.

"What do you have in mind?"

"A job. Maybe volunteering somewhere," I added.

"If you think you'd like that, then have at it. Honestly, it sounds like a good idea," she said.

* * * *

It took a while to settle ourselves, or Elle to get me settled enough to where I could function half way decently. I did find a job volunteering at the main library, and that did help out. Eventually we did go back to the club on a Friday evening as was our usual.

"They're back," I heard Arial shout even though she normally had a quiet voice. Still, when excited, she squealed, and she did this time too.

We didn't make it to the table; they all hopped out of their chairs and ran to meet us, making a spectacle before everyone with their hugs and kisses. Worse, some of those who knew of Liv, or had stopped by to ask her questions, stood and began clapping. I blushed, and Elle waved our thanks to them.

Thereafter I did begin to live what could be called a normal life. Elle's love, and her allowing me to love her as I needed to love her, made a huge difference in my attitude, enough so that we became normal visitors to the club again. With Elle's love of me, and how I loved to make love to her body, I was smiling more, not brooding nearly as much as before. The work helped also, not to mention Jeanette winning against that church that was the cause of Liv being killed. Now the question was what I would do with a church building.

There were a few recommendations on what to do with the church, but it was Jeanette telling me about a church that was meeting in a public building that had asked about it. Without saying a word to them personally, and definitely not allowing them to know who I was, I set foot in their church for the first time since I had left home and met Liv. That it wasn't a church as we normally think of a church allowed me to go in and out without attracting too much attention.

Yes, I was greeted on entering, but I offered nothing other than 'thank you,' and the same as I left other than that I was just looking for the present. That was good enough for them.

The preacher struck me as a pleasant person, and not one who treated the bible as a cudgel to call everyone to long for the old ways of The Old Testament. I attended a few meetings, and Elle did the same. A few months later, I had Jeanette offer them the church at a very reasonable rate. It was, as the movie was said to say, an offer they couldn't refuse, it was so generous. It was a lease that was revocable if they were to ever be found to be preaching hate as the previous people had. Other than that, they were responsible for all repairs such as might be needed be they large or small, and were to have proper insurance as was acceptable to Jeanette through whom they were to deal with when necessary. That all gave me a good feeling, a sense of some satisfaction and justice, if justice could ever be had for having Liv killed.

* * * *

One evening, while at the club, a new girl came in. We hadn't noticed her until she was at the table with another older newbie. I say older to mean she wasn't a young girl as many of us were, but more close to thirty, if not quite there yet. The new one, Haley, had been sent to us by the older one. Haley thought she was a submissive, and said that Cate, the older one, had told her that Jade had said we loved to meet new people. The hesitation and uncertainty she had brought out the mother hen in Ariel and Caryn, and shockingly, in me too.

Haley was a sexy looking girl somewhat in the extreme, being slender with large breasts, at least larger than her body type normally had. The one she called Cate—we had noticed her before as somewhat of a loner who only spoke to Jade—was also a very gorgeous female, and I do mean gorgeous. Now even more than before, Cate intrigued us, for from what Haley told us, she wanted to be with Cate who had saved her from Alma, one of those troublesome large butches that sat behind us, but Cate told Haley she wasn't looking for anyone. That was more than strange for someone who visited a lesbian club on a somewhat regular basis, and Haley being such a beauty in her own way.

* * * *

"So what do you think about our new duo? Okay, just one for now, but who knows, that girl seems so tied to the loner she calls Cate," Elle asked after we arrived at the house.

I laughed. "It's interesting. That's the first time I've seen any in that group do anything out of their ordinary," I said, talking about the big butches behind us in the club.

"Yeah, usually they're just a bunch of blowhards. That one called Cate is intriguing though," she went back to Haley and Cate.

"And gorgeous from what I can tell, but then again, so is Haley."

"Yeah, and Haley's in deep stuff."

"She reminds me of myself," I said thinking about Haley. "She doesn't seem to have been socialized, that is, she lacks knowing how to act socially, but she's sweet as can be."

Haley was sweet, and she showed up regularly, and as was becoming her norm, kept scanning the room or watching the door for Cate. The next time Cate showed up, Ariel and Caryn went to talk to Cate, but soon came back.

"That girl is gorgeous, and hard to get anywhere with," Ariel complained.

"Did you hit on her, Ariel," Elle asked with a laugh.

"No," Caryn helped Ariel out as they often did for each other, "we tried to talk up Haley, but she's a stone. A smiling one, we found out, but a stone. So far, anyway," meaning they hadn't given up on her yet.

"Yeah, and she's nice, and I think smart too," Ariel ended it.

A few weeks later something odd happened. For whatever reason, Haley went outside alone. After a while, when Attila, Alma, and their gang went out too, Penny and Sally became suspicious, and with Elle, they went outside. It was a sorry tale they told when they finally came back.

"Christ," Sally said, "they terrorized Haley and ripped half of her clothes off. God only knows what they'd have done next if we hadn't gone to see what was up. We took Haley to her house, poor girl. Those damned animals!" she tried venting, but it wasn't enough.

The rest of us were shocked, and stared in disbelief.

"It's true," Elle said. "She was so frightened she didn't want to call the police."

* * * *

The next day Elle left to do some research, she said. The next evening, she said she was going to talk to Cate.

"I found out where she lives, and more too. That girl must have some real smarts," she said. I looked at her wondering why she said that. "She had two doctorates. She's barely old enough to have one. Anyway, I figured she'd learn about Haley being assaulted by Alma and the rest of those idiots. From what Haley's told us about when she first saw Cate, I figured we ought to not let her be finding out about this when she shows up at the club."

"Yeah, that sounds like a good idea," I told her.

When Elle finally returned, and she saw the questions on my face, she told me about it.

"I don't know, hon. That Cate is a bigger mystery than we thought. She's nice, polite, friendly and easy to talk to up to a point, but when I told her about Haley, everything about her seemed to freeze, and not in a good way, I don't think. Damned if I didn't get some chills when that happened. Anyway, she wanted to talk to Sally and Penny, so I gave her their numbers, but darned if I know why she wants to talk to them."

* * * *

It was the weirdest thing! Haley showed up the next Friday, and Cate was with her. Just about as oddly, Cate wasn't acting as I thought Cate should be acting. She was all friendly, unimpressively, as well as unintimidatingly nervous, baffling all of us. Haley also acted different, not to mention even more anxious and nervous than Cate. The only thought I could come up with was that it was all some kind of act. Cate even went to the dance floor with Haley and fumbled around acting as if she didn't know how to dance, which was probably not an act.

When they returned, Haley acted even more nervous, and Cate suggested she just needed some air, so Cate excused them for a few minutes.

Not long afterward, Attila, Alma, and their bunch went out too. And then none of them came back. Talk about weird.

"What the heck is going on?" Mary asked.

We all shrugged. Finally, some of us went out, and all we could find was a little blood and a bunch of clothes pieces, but none of them resembled anything Haley had worn, and from what little we remembered, nothing that Cate had worn either.

* * * *

"I've got a funny feeling," Elle said.

"What are you thinking?" I asked.

"Honestly, I have no idea, but it's not good for Attila and Alma, I don't think, but darned if I know why."

As it turned out, no one seemed to know what had happened to any of them, at least no anyone was saying that they knew anything. In time, we sort of forgot about them, though it was also strange not seeing Attila and her group anymore either. Maybe Elle had been right in saying she didn't think it was good for Alma and Attila, or the rest of them.

During those next months, I was settled down in my volunteer work, and loving Elle, and maybe too much. Though I missed Liv tremendously, and thought of her often—we both did and talked of her often too—Elle's luscious body enthralled me day in and day out. As much as I was always on her, ether at her much too tempting breasts that were always seen by me, or on her pussy and those lips of hers that I was addicted to, it was a wonder Elle hadn't tired of my being at her so much. No, she wasn't at all, in fact she seemed to love me making over her, or trying to ravage her too sexy body. She would hold me afterwards as if she was sorry I'd not done more to her.

The truth was, I slept at the juncture of her thigh and hip on many nights loving the sheer sexuality I felt from her always wanting pussy my lips and nose touched, and oddly, how I found her almost as comfortable there as being on her breast. Those erotically firm, yet soft thighs of hers were sweet to lay much of my head on, and the rest of my head, mostly my cheeks and mouth, on one of her lips. Those lips were cushiony too, as well as throbbing, wet and moist, and giving off sexual pheromones that more than enthralled me. Elle provided all the sex I could want other than from Liv too, of course. Whenever I thought of Elle and our sex I became instantly wet no matter where I was. Though we both longed for Liv, life was as good as it could be for me, and for Elle too.

* * * *

It was what seemed like an eternity, but we were at the club, and lo and behold, in walked Haley and Cate. In fact, Jade went to them right off and gave them each a huge hug and kiss. Talk about exciting our curiosity bugs, that did it and more.

Naturally, when they were past Jade, the rest of us got in on the act and hugged and kissed them both, Haley big time. But did either of them bother to tell us anything? Not a word. That had to be Cate's influence, and it was solid for Haley didn't let out a thing as to what had been going on in her life. The only thing we did learn was that Cate truly didn't know how to dance.

When we were home, Elle said she'd talked to Cate, and had told her that she knew something went on, but Cate wouldn't admit to anything. After that, there was nothing to entertain us out of the ordinary; it was our daily routine, including the club. A few weeks later though, Ariel invited us all to a finger dinner on a Saturday. We were all there including Mary's new love, Anise.

It was there that was to see the beginning of the first of many of our conversations of sharing information, or things we knew, or wanted to know, and wanted to share with all of the others. It was also wherein Elle prodded Cate to open up. She was mildly sneaky, but not too badly so, and Cate didn't seem to mind. One of the others asked Cate what field she taught, and when they heard she taught two distinct fields, Sociology and Psychology, that set everyone to wondering. With Cate's permission, Elle advised the rest of Cate's two doctorates. In everyone's mind, that automatically set Cate apart.

After much discussion, Cate mostly giving us information, for those not familiar, I explained who Liv was. That turned the conversation to religion with Caryn and I expressing what all we'd gone through in abbreviated versions. Anise didn't say much at all, from natural quietness, I sensed.

* * * *

A couple of weeks later, it seemed as if Haley and Cate were together now—partners, that is. Haley was glowing with the happiness she was feeling. Cate did dance much better, and we all commented on it, then poked fun at her about making puppy eyes at Haley. In a sense, it was our way of confirming what we suspicioned about them.

Before we ended our night, Elle made sure to invite Cate and Haley to our house for lunch. At the lunch, we learned from a slip of Cate's tongue that she had been married before to another woman who was subsequently murdered. We also noted the intimacy that she now shared with Haley, along with Haley's openly loving looks that were no longer wishes for love, but of having and giving love. Once more, we also touched on many subjects that though general, were quite deep for most of us.

When we broke up, Elle and I went to work on a project she was working on—resuming Liv's classes. It was something Elle had decided she wanted to do, or perhaps needed to do. Liv was more than just a memory with us, she was as a living person in our hearts and minds, and Elle missed her as much as I did.

Also, I suspected, the inclusion of Cate into our group had stimulated Elle. Cate's intelligence and thirst for knowledge, as was so obvious, was sort of like having Liv with us intellectually again. Any reminder of Liv always had us thinking of her passionate crusade for the rights of lesbians, and how many churches and families ground them down, sometimes to utter despair, and very wrongfully so, thus Elle's renewed interest in restarting Liv's project.

To further it, she called Cate the next day to ask if we could stop by. Of course, Cate said yes if we'd stay for dinner. It was hard to refuse a dinner invitation. Liv came up naturally. Shortly, I found myself telling them about Liv, Elle, and myself, but only to let them know how special Liv truly was.

A little more talk led to Elle telling her about beginning Liv's classes again, and asked if she would edit the written script. Again, Cate agreed, as had Penny, Caryn, Sally and Ariel.

We enjoyed the dinner after much more talking, then we talked some more before finally leaving. We knew they still had to be in their honeymoon mode, but so were Elle and I, and probably always would be.

* * * *

Elle continued to work on restarting Liv's class, and had all the girls read her script. When she was satisfied, she went to set up the use of the same facilities where Liv had taught. Apparently Liv's life and murder were too well remembered, but in this case, it served a good purpose for they quickly said yes to Elle using the building again.

Elle had expanded it to include some items that weren't in the original lessons, some which Liv had meant to add, and some that Elle and I found. All-in-all, it would be a richer class, and I knew Liv would have approved of it.

1...345678