Lonely Rhodes Ch. 05

Story Info
The conclusion
2.4k words
4.79
22.5k
11

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 10/02/2022
Created 02/24/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I hope you all enjoyed this series thanks for reading. Also thank you Celibacy For Jealousy and luvtaread for their help editing

The next day, Kim and Brett discussed the future. Kim said she was going to work on her upcoming album in Chicago to be closer to him. They also agreed that they would tell his family about who Kim really was.

Kim also said that she was going to go through an image overhaul for the second album. It turned out she had been talking to Viv, who, as her former agent's now ex-wife and Kim's new agent, during the tour, and a plan was already in motion as they spoke. It turned out Marty had been sleeping with Tracy, and Viv found out while they were in Europe. Kim also suspected the actions of Buck and Tracy would make the shift easy, as it would be easy to cut ties with the pair criminals, especially since Marty had been behind Tracy from the beginning.

Or as Viv later put it, "My husband slept with Tracy, then got her a job by threatening Kelsey's career. Now that my ex and his little mistake are exposed for what they are, my client would like to get back to making music her way. Something the label and I are happy to say we wholly support."

Just like that, a major stress in both Kim's and Brett's lives was gone. Between that and finally coming clean with his family, Brett's life improved dramatically in a short time. His family and friends took it extremely well, especially those that happened to be Kelsey fans. Mostly though, everyone was happy that he had found love, regardless of the fact she was famous.

Dating a star openly had its problems though. For instance, the spotlight on Brett and his family those first few weeks and the constant scrutiny from national media was a bit tough. On the flip side, it did have perks.

Getting to be the envy of several hundred thousand guys and more than a few women was cool. Not to mention he got a few breaks at work and other places because he was Kelsey Rhodes' boyfriend. It even got him out of a ticket once because the cop was a fan.

He told Kim about the cop and she laughed before saying, "No problem," as she took the address to send an autograph. She then added, "I'm glad you get perks like that baby. You went so long with only the worst part of being with me that you deserve a few breaks."

Brett often reflected on that phrase in the following weeks, especially when it came time for their first official appearance together at a big red carpet event. Brett sat nervously in the limo, not sure whether it was a perk, but knowing it was part of the job.

"You'll do fine," Kim said, looking stunning in her designer dress. "They'll love you. And if they don't, it doesn't matter, because I do," she said smiling.

"Oh, I'm not worried," Brett said looking at his girlfriend. "You look so stunning in that dress that they won't even notice me."

Kim flashed him a bright beautiful smile. Speaking to the driver, she said, "See Bill? That is why I love this guy so much! He always knows the right thing to say." Then looking at Brett she said, "I am definitely keeping you, no matter what they say. You are mine forever buddy."

"Promise?" Brett asked playfully.

She kissed him and said, "Definitely."

Just then, the limo stopped and the door opened to flashing cameras. Brett and Kim steeled themselves for their first truly public appearance together. After this, there was no going back. Either they would be the Cinderella story of average boy meets superstar girl, or just another flash in the pan romance under the Hollywood spotlight.

Brett still remembered his fateful first step into the limelight at Kim's side. It would prove to be the first of many times he accompanied his famous girlfriend down the red carpet. Although he had to admit after the first few times he began to identify with Jason Segel's character in 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall.' Brett quickly became the tall guy in the way of a picture of a hot starlet.

He did not mind though, especially since with the luster of his sudden fame fading, attention on his family faded even quicker. Soon after the big debut things went pretty much back to normal for Kim and Brett. With one big difference, the skulking and hiding of the early days of their relationship was replaced with openness. Although they had to deal with the occasional camera it was a small price to pay, in Brett's mind anyway, for being able to be seen in public with Kim.

In the months following Kim's first tour and the big outing Kim began work on her second album. Not only because she had been itching to get to it while on tour, but because it would also fulfill her initial contract with the label. Thus allowing Kim, with Viv's help, to begin shopping for a far better one once the album and the corresponding tour were finished.

Kim proved to be quite the industrious one and in little over a month in the studio she had churned out another album. The best part was that it was finished in time from the promotional staff to get the tour together. So that June, after celebrating her 26th birthday in Atlanta, Kim hit the road again. As with the first tour Brett anxiously awaited her arrival in Chicago.

Upon her arrival Brett, taking advantage of a beautiful July day in Chicago, took Kim on a hike in a familiar place. As they rolled up to the preserve Kim smiled at him.

"Hey I know this place," she said when they had gotten out of the car.

"Yeah I know," Brett said with a nod, "The last time we were here I believe I mentioned something about the beauty during the summer. Plus as this is such a fine day I figured why not take a stroll in the park for old times sake?" Kim nodded and kissed him.

As with their first walk he and Kim walked discussing general things just catching up and enjoying each other's company. It was harder for both to be apart after seeing each other nearly daily while Kim had worked on the album. As they approached a clearing Kim seemed to spot Brett's lunch surprise. On the lawn was a blanket and a picnic basket.

"This is a perfect place for a picnic when the weather is warm," Kim said with a smile, quoting what Brett had said a few months earlier on their last trip. Brett just smiled and directed her to sit down. The pair sat now and ate lunch enjoying each other and the weather as they did.

When the food was gone they just sat together and it was then that Brett revealed his true surprise. Gathering himself he took a few deep breaths before her looked deep into Kim's beautiful light green eyes.

"What?' she asked a little confused by his actions.

"Nothing," he said in his most charming voice, "Just admiring your beauty that's all."

"Yeah, you and half the world." She said jokingly.

"No," Brett explained shaking his head, "I'm serious, and I'm not just talking about physically or even the sound of your voice. Those are just perks in my opinion. To me your real beauty is here." He said pointing to her heart. "I feel so privileged that I get to see that every time I'm with you. Even when I speak to you on the phone I can hear it in your voice. That of the countless people that know and love you, I get to see and feel that makes me feel so good it's practically impossible to put into words." Brett then retrieved something from his pocket he had been carrying with him all day. "But I think I can show you. There is something I have wanted to ask you ever since our first days together on that northern Minnesota island."

Brett shifted into more of a kneel looked into her sparkling eyes. He then revealed and opened the ring box and asked, "Kim, you are truly the most amazing woman I have ever met. I love and want to spend the rest of my life with, will you marry me?"

"Oh my god yes!" was Kim's immediate response as she hugged and kissed him.

When she was finished Brett put the ring on her finger and soon after they cleaned up and headed out. Kim excitedly began calling family and friends to share the news before she had to get ready for that night's performance.

That night at the show Brett watched from the side of the outdoor amphitheater stage in pride as his new fiancée entertained a packed house. As the show was wrapping up though Kim gave him a surprise too.

After doing a few encore numbers, Kim spoke to the crowd, "Those of you that have followed my career know that when I am in my hometown of Atlanta, or home state of Georgia for that matter, I always end my show with 'Georgia on my Mind.' I do that to pay homage to my roots because it is one of the first songs I ever learned. I also do it because I like to give the hometown fans a little extra.

"Now as many of you are also probably aware I have been spending a lot of time here in Chicago lately, thanks to a certain someone. In fact he's here backstage and I'd like to bring him up here for this. Come on up here honey." Brett was shocked and with no clue what Kim was up to complied and headed to center stage to stand with his new fiancée. "Everyone this is Brett, Brett this is everyone." Brett gave a slight wave as Kim continued, "Now I have been pondering for sometime making this great city my new home, but something Brett here did today sealed my decision." Brett gazed out at the crowd and could see that more than a few of the fans understood what she was getting at. "You see he asked me a big question today and as a few of you may have noticed," Kim said holding up her left hand, which one of the cameras promptly zoomed in on displaying it on the many large screens around the amphitheater.

"I said yes to. So you heard it here first folks, I'M GETTING MARRIED!" Kim said shouting out the last part in obvious excitement. There was a huge cheer and round of applause, a few wolf whistles, and to his surprise more than a couple 'Way to go Brett's'

When the crowd had calmed Kim continued, "So, it goes without saying that this will be my new home from now on as my soon-to-be-husband and I have decided to setup shop right here. We both agree this is a lovely place to live and raise our family. So in honor of my new home town I'm starting a new tradition. You see I've been practicing a certain song in hopes Brett would pop the question. So here it goes, feel free to sing along if you know the words, and I'm pretty sure you do, as it's a little tune called 'Chicago.'

Brett smiled as she launched into the song and sure enough by the second verse the crowd was singing along. In fact by the end of the song the crowd was so into the song they did it again this time without Kim. When it was all over she thanked the crowd and taking Brett by the arm strolled off stage. Once off she asked him, "So how did you like my surprise darling?"

"I loved it baby."

The performance made headlines the next day and it would be the first of many the pair would make in the coming years. Next would be there wedding a few months later which turned out to be a small but elegant affair. A year after that came their first child and a few years after that came news of their second. Mixed in with all of this were accolades of Kim's career as she continued to be an accomplished singer/songwriter.

'Kelsey Rhodes and Husband Expecting Third Child' said a headline on a magazine cover that Kim was holding. She lay sleeping resting against Brett as both sat on a very familiar rock on their favorite island. The laughter of children playing on the beach below filled the air. Brett seeing the sun was sinking lower decided to wake Kim.

Gently he shook her awake and in keeping with their custom, and in reference to how they met, he asked, "Miss?" while holding her steady.

"That's missus, actually," Kim said sleepily while holding up her left hand to show him the rings he had given her years before.

"My mistake," he said in keeping with their little game and said, "I hope you don't mind me holding and touching you like this ma'am I just didn't want you to hurt yourself."

"Well thank you for your concern kind sir, but you can hold and touch me any way you like my dear husband." She said sitting up and kissing him.

He smiled and switching to a more serious tone he asked, "How are you feeling?" He gave her swollen belly that was concealed by the thin fabric of her one piece suit a rub as he spoke.

"Better thanks," she said with a smile before she gazed out at the beach to watch their son and daughter playing together. Brett knew that in a few minutes it would be time to head in for the night, but until then he enjoyed the moment. Reflecting on how far they had come and how many obstacles they had overcome to get here.

He knew there would be more to face, but in that moment as he sat with holding his beautiful and talented wife and watching their children play it did not matter. Whatever came next he and Kim would face it together, like always. Gone were they the lone travelers that had once come to this island to escape. Now they were now a strong team ready and willing to face anything.