Longwood Second Hunt Day 01-02

Story Info
Bounty hunter pair gets called on to do a long hunt.
14.8k words
4.76
8.2k
2
0

Part 1 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/18/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
emap
emap
237 Followers

Balik has good timing today, he has finished sucking and I hear the train. They are early, Dan has only just headed for breakfast. Putting my son down I get a feeling and head for my belt. It is a good day to wear my belt, the first time since our last hunt. The guns in the holsters jostle as I pick it up and strap it to me. Grabbing Dan's hat I heard for the stairs still working on getting my belt fitted. I hear conversation as I head down the stairs.

I'm not wearing moccasins so no one has looked up. At least not right away then there is a sucked in breath. Conversation dies away so I look up and see the current visitors to town staring at me. Dan is as well with Sally, both are frowning. I know why Sally is, she wants me to go back to whoring. Dan has said if I want, but he also gives me two rolls a day. Reminds me of yesterday when he had me in the outhouse.

Not the greatest of places for a good roll, the smell is bad. Still he was able to be ready and I can't deny my husband a roll, still not with another of his babes. I hear one of the women that is visiting, perhaps the same that is thinking of moving here, talking. She is wondering if it is legal for an injun to be wearing pistols. Reaching the table with Sally and Dan I grab his biscuit and drop his hat on his head.

"Train is early and I got a feeling." Sally crosses herself.

"Last time you had a feeling we had a wanted man." That gets me to grin.

"Not that bad a feeling, and we did give you half." Dan sighs and stands up then drops his hat on my head.

"Come on deputy, if you got a feeling I better go check on who gets off."

"I'll have Amanda bring out your plate Janet." I wave as I follow Dan out the door.

"Why am I wearing your hat?" Dan slows so I can catch up and puts his arm around me.

"Because you never wear a hat anymore. You used to I remember that and I actually miss it a little." I sigh then pull my husband down to put his hat on him.

"I haven't because you have not bought me a new hat. I always thought you liked me not wearing a hat." Chad falls in step with us and chuckles.

"I want to know what happened to the last hat." Dan nudges me a smidgen so I'm telling it, though it was his fault.

"You remember the story about us trying to sneak up on a camp at night?" Chad nods and then grins.

"So his stumbling around got your last hat shot?"

"Second time we tried for a man that way. Perforated is closer, stupid round eye shot it twice." Dan shakes his head.

"It was one bullet, went through the brim then the body. Didn't help your mom decided it should hold his supplies until we got back to our horses."

Chad guffaws then we are at the train station, plenty of folks going past to catch the train. It is still pulling in so we are not late. Not exactly on time to catch it either though it is early by about an hour. Suggests someone had a powerful desire to reach our town. The captain being here doesn't speak well of the desire either, I head for him. Dan and Chad split up to keep an eye on the departing passengers when they do step off.

"Morning Janet, did you have a feeling?" I nod and twist a bit to keep an eye on the exits.

"I did, you being here for the train doesn't sit well." Captain snorts and shakes his head.

"Nothing like that, we get a few new boys coming in today. Fresh from training, one is even from West Point. Probably thinks he's going to replace me." I look up at the captain and do what Dan likes to, I spit on the ground.

"If he does, hand him over to me so I can teach him the right." That earns me a grin.

"I might though I get the feeling your feeling wasn't about the cavalry." I follow his vision and sigh.

Couple greenhorn marshals are stepping off the train. They don't have a prisoner though one has paper in his hand. They are the first off that section so Dan spots them right off and whistles. They spot him and head that way, then I spy the new soldiers. The first off has a uniform so new it's practically black. His necktie is almost blinding it's so new, and a big hat marking him as officer. The captain snorts and spits next to me then another soldier steps off. This one at least has a lived in uniform.

"I thought they were new."

"Either not all were or they had a sitter. All I got in the report was three new soldiers, one is an officer. I think if you got a hunt I'll give you the greenhorn and the sergeant. Might as well get him learned on you." That gets me to look at the captain again.

"Don't you need him in the fort?"

"Nah, I got him for a short tour. He's here to learn the tricks of reservation and then off west for the trouble areas."

"Is he learned in Apache or Spanish?" The soldiers are coming closer so he doesn't say anything at first.

"You can find out I suppose."

He takes the papers they are holding and ignores the salutes. Knowing they won't do a thing until he salutes back I walk around the three of them. The youngster is rather short, I'm drawing a bit close to his shoulders. The other two are taller, one is likewise in a new uniform and trembling a little. He wants to watch me walk behind them. I'd take offense but that's a good mark, he wants to keep an eye on the armed person, gal or not. The old hat soldier just stands there holding his salute and looking bored. The captain returns the salute and starts laughing when I get back to him.

"Janet, he was sent here to learn how to fight injuns." I snort and look him over again.

"Not much to look at." He stiffens though holds his tongue so I step up closer. "You look about as useful as a cockroach." He just stares ahead, the old hat soldier snorts and laughs, I spoke in Spanish.

"Durn it lady if that isn't the god's truth." I look at him then turn to the captain.

"Is he a translator for the greenhorn or yours?" Captain sighs.

"He's mine, spent the last three years in Texas. I get to keep these two, though I only had a need for one and not for another three months." I look them over again realizing they are still standing attention.

"I rather like the middle one, he knew I'm danger and wanted to keep an eye on."

"Here comes Dan and your greenhorns, I'm taking mine off, I'll send a runner if you are doing a hunt tell him." Captain says as Dan and the marshals are coming this way.

"If we have one make sure you find two warriors, I am not relying on greenhorns." Captain snorts then pauses as Dan comes closer waving a paper.

"Captain hang on, you might want to take part of this one." Captain and I trade a glance then we both get closer to my husband.

"What do we have?" I get out first though captain is looking at the paper with a frown.

"Those two are here to get your help with this man. He's counterfeiting, bank robbery, and a few others not listed. There's talk of him with a gang and that's what we got to spare." I take the paper from captain and look it over.

"Big reward, no mention of why the captain wants some of this."

"He's got some injuns like you." I look up then off to the side to see the speaker, one of the greenhorns.

"If they are like me then the captain doesn't care, he's in charge of Apache, I'm Cherokee." Captain snorts.

"I don't think anybody knows what sort of injun he has."

"This is true, round eye can't even see at night." Dan grabs my nose.

"I got better, and you are going to help these two." I kick Dan so he lets go then turn to the captain.

"Might as well hand me the greenhorn and your sergeant, give me two warriors and see if there are any gals wanting to ride. I'm not carrying still so only Dan."

Captain nods and takes his soldiers with him toward the fort. Dan sighs and takes my arm so off to the sheriff's. We go in with the two marshal and Chad sat out front. It's still a little warm so I want to join him. Dan has a different idea, he pushes me to a chair and takes his.

"Janet I wasn't planning on going. I'm the sheriff, means supposed to stay here at least some."

"Chad is good enough to sit lonesome guard. I need you for my needs, besides I work better with you." Dan sighs then eyes the marshals.

"Two strapping young lads here though, I don't think your needs are in danger." I look at them and shake my head.

"They are not my husband, and I am not carrying child. Bleeding time ended last week." Dan sighs tosses his hat to the side and pulls me up.

"Fine, but getting new hats first, then breakfast."

Well if that is not a darn moment. I like him wearing the dog hat, then I recall the new hats. Well if that isn't the oddest turn, he hasn't said anything about me not wearing a hat all these years. Makes me wonder who told him I want a new hat. Chad shakes his head when I look at him, I guess he knows I'm wondering on who told. I keep my peace until we are in the store and I just can't not ask.

"Dan who told you I want a new hat?" I get looked at and Elan ducks below the counter.

"Well nobody told me that, a few of the gals have asked me why you don't wear a hat. Not even just the whores either, you sorta grew on everybody." Shocked is the right word for me at the moment, Dan at least remembers what we are doing. "Elan stand up, we need a couple hats."

Elan pops back up, just his head a spell to make sure no shooting. Once he is sure of that he stands up full and heads for the hats. I get looked at quick with a frown, he likes the dog hat too. Then Andrew is coming out of the back with a hat in hand. At least until he sees me and backs up quick. Then he's coming back forward with Claire calling him things. I go that way just to see what he is holding. It is odd behavior, lucky me Claire doesn't notice until I've taken the hat.

Strange hat, it is cloth with a brim, though not a very big brim. There are strings hanging to tie it around you. The whole thing just loops around the head instead of sitting atop. Then Claire notices me and squeaks.

"Morning Janet, did not see you afore." I smile and wave the hat.

"Are you making hat back there?" Andrew sighs then heads for Dan leaving Claire standing there shooting eye daggers after.

"No, we just got these in yesterday. These are hats for us women who don't do your hunting." Dan comes up and looks at the hat.

"I'm thinking you won't like it, little brim so you will have light in your eyes." I look up at Dan then Claire.

"Are you two saying I won't look good in this?" Claire sighs and sends a prayer up.

"I have a bonnet I wear on Sunday. You don't attend so there's no need of dressing up. Besides Dan seems to have found a hat for you." I look at what Dan has in his hand and smile.

He has indeed found a hat for me, the wide brimmed small topped hat I could only find in Texas. Course this one is different, that one was cloth, this on the other hand is straw. Makes for an interesting look, and I can string things up in it.

"Dan it's perfect, I can string herbs and flowers in it." Dan's jaw drops, Claire gasps then comes around the counter.

"I never thought of that, when we got these we figured we lost the money."

"Why?" Claire looks at me and sighs then points to the hats.

"Men prefer them like that, these came as part of the order we placed. Now if you wear one of these with flowers in it the other women will buy." I look up at Dan rather on the confused side, Dan just smiles and puts the hat on me.

"Come on Janet your plate is getting cold." I nod and feel the hat sliding a little so I best get a ribbon.

"Claire you got a ribbon or twine?"

Claire grins and dashes off, coming back after a short spell with a lovely blue ribbon. Dan tosses her a penny then takes me and the ribbon toward the saloon. Keeping an eye on where we are walking I pull the hat off and see if I can fix the ribbon. I stop at the door checking the durn hat for a way to fix the ribbon. I can't find one then Dan takes my arm and walks me into the saloon. We stop suddenly so look up to find our maybe neighbor standing there with a smile.

"Afore you do something drastic may I see if I can fit the ribbon?" I hand her the durn hat and the ribbon, I was fit to take a knife to it, then look at Dan.

"Andrew ran ahead to tell the gals you bought that hat to put flowers in." I look around and no Andrew, but the gal with my hat is still here.

"Left my tools upstairs, I need to go up there if'n you not mind."

"Fit the ribbon up there if'n you pondering. Long as the hat comes back with ribbon so it stays I not mind." She curtsies and tears off for the stairs.

Feeling rather like a customer at the old brothel I head with Dan for the table Sally is perched at. She has been joined by the two marshals and is flirting a mite with both. I sit while Dan heads for the kitchen, no plate for me. One of the marshals turns to me and tips his hat then leans a bit.

"Is it true you a whore?"

"When the feel for it comes. The feel will come when I'm with child again." Dan comes back and sits next to while I'm saying that.

"That might take a while, neither of us is young." I smile and take his hand.

"No bother, I don't have the need much." Dan sighs and looks up.

"How often have you decided we shall roll at the eatery or kitchen?" Sally snorts.

"Asking for the week or month?" I fix a glare on Sally then turn back to Dan.

"I'm trying to be a good wife and provide with kids." Dan gives me a kiss.

"I know, I'm one of the very few able to poke at ya. Most consider it a road to the mortician."

Can't think of a thing to say bout that then Amanda comes out with a tray. I get a plate, Dan gets a plate, and both marshals get. I fall to, we are getting the biscuits and gravy today. With coney meat so it's quite tasty.

"What is this?" I look at the marshal and snort, he ain't touched his.

"Biscuits and gravy. Coney meat so quite good." He looks at me, the plate, and back then digs in, earns me a smile after a spell.

"This is good." Dan pokes me.

"No ideas, you ain't cooking on the hunt."

"I'll do the hunting for dinner at breakfast like we used."

"Ach lass that sounds good." I think all of us turn to look.

The sergeant is there in the doorway with the greenhorn. Behind both are two warriors, one looks familiar so I wave at him. He waves back then pokes at the sergeant to get through. The greenhorn soldier doesn't look happy at the warriors coming in. I just ignore him and get up to give the one I know a hug then look at the second.

"Are we blooding him?" Bipin nods then winks at me.

"He is one of our hunters, rides out with the sergeant and they always return with coney at least." I look at the new warrior and I just have to ask.

"How do you get the sergeant on a horse?" Bipin snorts and shakes his head.

"Not that sergeant, that sergeant is always in fort." The sergeant straightens up and comes over.

"Oi I do not, I exit the fort as orders demand." I grin and poke him.

"When they won't let you get more whiskey."

"That bears a resemblance, not true mind but there is." We're both grinning then Dan pulls me back to my chair and plate.

"Eat up, get ready, you can poke his drink later." Darn husband taken the fun away, though there is one thing.

"Is there a mind on where he is?" The marshals nod.

"Last we heard three towns down on this line."

"When was this?" They trade a glance and I just know this will not sit well.

"Two days ago." I sigh and kick Dan.

"Take a day to catch up. Three day head start with greenhorns, sergeant, husband, and one blooded warrior. Gonna take week or three just to see, nother week to shoot." Dan puts a hand to my shoulder.

"Janet I'm going with, thought you miss the long hunts." I sigh and nod then look at him.

"Balik, I won't be about to feed him."

"Bonita is staying with Chad, she can handle with Amanda doing milk." Well when he puts it like that I don't have much to say, though there is one.

"Will add needs." Dan winks.

"I can handle." Well I guess we are doing a hunt then the train whistle blows, that gets me into action.

"Marshal hold the train, you fetch our horses." They both nod and get up with Dan to tell one our horses. "Bipin did you bring a gal for your rolls?" He shakes his head.

"Not one willing, figured could get one of the whores." Well if that don't beat all.

"Bipin talk to Sally, he can find one if he knows round eye." They both nod and split up, Sally had gotten up at some point. "Sergeant, help Dan get supplies, double the beans and make sure we have a mortice. Do not let him add sugar to the coffee." Sergeant salutes.

"Aye lass, I'll be making double sure on the horses for you two and the whore."

I'd remind him she has a name but we don't know which is coming yet. Out of things to say I stand up and head upstairs. First thing I do is check on Balik to find he is awake and active. Picking him up and singing I head for Bonita. Hoping she is in their room at least, luck find, she is in the room, not quite awake yet. New baby are hard first time, keep waking up to make sure is fine.

"Bonita, going to impose, we have hunt and need you help Amanda keep Balik." She groans and rolls over, then sits up.

"Next hunt we do and you keep Sashi."

"If can, marshals asked for me." Bonita sighs and gets up to take Balik.

"Go pack I take care of Balik, we all watch over him." I give her a hug then kiss Balik on the head.

I admit being apart hurts already, but we have big hunt. Am excited and a little hurry to be on way. First thing is getting rest of weapons on belt. Bowie and tomahawk placed I grab up some throwing knives then pull out Winchester. Ammo and rifle in hand I head for the door, then stop and turn back to collect coats. It is getting cooler, night time especially and we will want them. Especially if this hunt takes as long as I think.

Dan steps into the room then so I hand him the coats then head for my paints. I likely won't have much time for it but I do want to have them. I find a calm place while creating art that I find hard to reach any other way. At least it is hard to find if I am not underneath my husband. Dan smiles at me then helps with the stand for the canvas. Embarrassing to admit but it took me two days to figure out what exactly this canvas is. Teepees use canvas as well but different kind, though they tend to end up having the same use on one side.

Back down the stairs I am shocked, we have two women coming along. Mostly I'm just shocked on one of the women. Chun is coming along, I can't figure this out, she has always been so good with Amanda. Bia, the other whore, is an Apache though she is not pure. Her mother had been forced resulting in her, though not held against like round eye do. Amanda isn't crying at Chun leaving, she is a little, smiling still though. Out the door I end up walking next to Chun so I guess I can ask.

"Chun I thought you were happy with Amanda." She smiles and winks at me.

"I've been pregnant we think twice now, but always lose the babe. We are thinking if I can get with men in a regular way I might end up staying like you did." I'd give her a hug except my hands are full at the moment so smile instead.

"Well that is great, I'm honestly surprised most of the Apache take the poison." Dan nudges me and shakes his head.

"You should ask chief about it, as far as I know the ones we get are tired of trying to find a man or don't want one." I gape at Dan a moment then Bia shakes her head.

"Most of us are not like Chun. We just want to get a poke together before we go elsewhere so we can have a house."

"I half want a house myself, though Dan would not let me cook." Dan sighs, though Chun just giggles.

"There is talk of erecting a sheriff house. I believe across from my parents so you would not need to cook."

"I thought the Gladstone house was going up there." Dan shakes his head.

"Decided farther down our original street would be better." Yelling gets us to stop and turn back, the woman with my hat is running after, I clean forgot about it.

emap
emap
237 Followers