Look of Lust

Story Info
He doesn't like the way she looks at her Boss.
11.2k words
4
177.3k
134
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cinical
Cinical
662 Followers

My wife and I attended a fancy celebration a few weeks ago. The party was sponsored by her company, Ribald Consulting Inc, high lighting a recent accomplishment by one of the firm's older executives. It was a high priced affair, held at the ballroom of a local Hilton Hotel.

As usual at this type of event, my wife was dressed appropriately in a classic little black dress, sleeveless and short to display her lovely legs, and low cut in the front to reveal a bit of cleavage between her small breasts. I wore a plain dark blue suit, with a white shirt and tie, which seemed to be the uniform of many of the men in attendance.

We made the rounds as we entered the huge room. I have to admit I was impressed by how many people were there. It seemed there were over two hundred people there already, and more arriving every minute. I knew that Ribald Consulting was in a very lucrative business. It was clear it had grown quickly over the past year. But I never expected there would be hundreds of employees and their guests in the huge, expensively decorated ball room.

Sarah had worked for Ribald for over a decade, so I knew a few of her coworkers from past parties. We entered the party as many people greeted her and smiled in recognition. She seemed to know everyone, and as we made the rounds, Sarah introduced me to her friends from work that I didn't know. When the host of the event asked for everyone to take their seats, we took our assigned seats at a large round table near the front. As soft music played over the loud speaker we spoke with the people at our table. Most were younger than us, but they seemed friendly and soon I was having a good time chatting with people, while listening to my wife interacting with the people she knew from work.

After a delicious steak dinner, Sarah and I sat through a few boring speeches which proclaimed the honored older man's efforts in securing some lucrative contract. Once the formalities were finished, no doubt to enable the firm to write off the evenings cost as a business expense, the CEO of Sarah's firm welcomed the gathering and invited everyone to enjoy the evening dancing to the band and drinking from the free bar in the corner of the spacious room.

The band started out with a few "oldies", and I was glad of that. I was afraid they would start playing some annoying rap music. But thankfully they didn't. As the band struck up a slow song I recognized, I took my wife's hand and whispered in her ear, "Shall we dance my Dear?"

Sarah looked around to make sure we weren't the first to break the ice. Then she nodded with a smile and I escorted my attractive wife out to the floor. There were already a dozen couples dancing so we just blended in with them.

We attended events like this many times during our fourteen year marriage. My company sponsored a few parties a year, although none as sumptuous as this luxurious ballroom. With the growth of Sarah's company they were having events like this several times a year. Some were simple Department celebrations at a local Bar and Grill for Happy Hour. Others were expensive events such as this big party. Sarah considered the frequent celebrations a benefit of her employment and also a chance to network with other important people in her firm. I just tagged along and enjoyed the free food and drink.

During the evening Sarah and I were together most of the time. However there were times when she was asked to dance by other men, and she usually accepted. I didn't mind because our relationship was solid. We both knew that cheating was completely unacceptable to both of us. After discussing it early in our marriage, the subject hardly ever came up again.

I could tell that my wife was enjoying herself, and I was glad. Even in her forties my slim blonde wife had a nice figure and enjoyed dancing. She was still an attractive woman and I loved her, even if she's a bit of a flirt. I saw her flirting as harmless and always assumed she'd attract men's attention whenever we went out in public. I'm two years younger than my 42 year old wife and still in good shape. So I was never jealous of her having a good time, even if she was dancing with other men.

However later into the night, my blissful attitude was shaken a little by something I noticed. Sarah had returned from the dance floor a few minutes earlier. She was sweating a little and was sipping her wine as we both sat silently watching the dancers on the floor. It was during that silent interlude that I felt a presence emerge from the crowded floor, and advance directly to our table.

Over the loud music a tall, rather large black man walked up to us and flashed me an insolent smirk. Then he smiled at my wife and silently held out his hand as if expecting her to immediately respond to his wordless offer. I was caught a little off guard by his arrogant, annoying gesture. As I turned to my wife to ask who was this creep was, I found her gazing up at him with a weird smirk on her face.

Immediately my bull shit antennae went up. I hadn't seen that look in quite a while, but I was very familiar with it.

That "look" is supposed to be reserved for her husband, alone. I had seen it directed at me when we were first married. But early in our marriage I had noticed that "look of lust", on Sarah's face at one of the after work parties we attended. It was directed at some young guy she knew, who I later found out she was having an inappropriate relationship with.

A few weeks after that party when I caught her flashing the look of lust, I was very suspicious. That night we were at a bar and met up with her friends, and that same guy was there too. That night I noticed her drinking more than normal. When he asked her to dance, she again flashed that damn "look of lust" as he accompanied him to the floor. I watched her closely and found her dancing way too intimately with him. I pretended to drink too much and acted like I was nearly passing out as they flirted together. Later when she thought I was too drunk to notice, she snuck off with him using a back entrance. I found her in the guy's car making out with him, letting him feel up her tits. I didn't know how far they had gone, or how far she intended to go. Probably all the way I suppose. I let her continue her indecent activities and simply confronted her when she got home. I made it clear that I intended to divorce her if she didn't dump that asshole.

She shocked that I knew what she had done. She was also very apologetic and promised never to do that again. She said she loved me and that this guy was just a fun distraction, someone she knew from her past. She claimed he was just a guy she flirted with and got caught up in it, and let it go too far. She said they never had sex, that she had already dumped him and it would never happen again.

I guess I believed her. But had a difficult time forgiving her. Also the trust I had in her was definitely damaged. Our marriage was Sarah's second marriage as her short first marriage ended in divorce. This was my first time tying the knot, and I was flabbergasted she could disregard our marriage vows and behave this way. We did go to counseling, but it still took several months of therapy to get our marriage back on track.

Now that "look of lust", was back on her face, and it wasn't meant for me.

I watched helplessly as Sarah reached out her hand with that same yearning, lust filled look on her face. It wasn't exactly a smile. Her face was beaming though and her thin lips were twisted in a subtle half smile. As she gazed at him her blue eyes were twinkling. She eagerly accepted his request as she took his hand, rose from her seat, and without once looking at me left the table with him.

As I sat there feeling quite left out, the big man covetously held her hand, and with a triumphant look, escorted my star struck wife out onto the dance floor. I pulled my eyes away from them long enough to glance around the table and found the other couples just as interested as I was in what happened.

It was a very awkward moment. I glanced around for some explanation from my table mates and found that none of them wanted to make eye contact with me. The couple next to me immediately got up and went to the bar. The woman next to me suddenly pulled her husband to his feet and led him out on the dance floor. I shot a few of them questioning glances to some who were still seated, and realized very quickly that no one was going to clear up my confusion.

I felt a pang of jealousy rise up inside me, but forced it down. I tried to rationalize my feelings, telling myself that my suspicions were absurd. Sarah loved me and I loved her. She had danced with other guys all night. Other than that one mistake years ago, she had been a good, faithful wife and partner. I was positive she wouldn't do anything to jeopardize our marriage again. Surely after all these years she had learned that I would never accept any foolishness.

For a moment my jealousy subsided. I took solace in the fact that we had built a solid, loving marriage over the years. But as I watched my slender, middle aged wife dancing a fast song with her tall partner, I couldn't help noticing her adoring glances up at his dark face. Sarah is a good dancer and her slim body moving sensuously around the tall man had drawn many people's attention.

When the song ended I breathed a sigh of relief. I expected her to thank the man for the dance, as she had done all night, and return to my side and the privacy of our table. Instead as the next song came on, the man pulled my smiling wife into a close embrace for the next song was a slow, romantic one. It was obvious that neither of them had any intention of ending their dance.

I wanted to go out and interrupt them. But I eventually decided to just let this play out. Her actions proved that she cared little about my opinion. As the man held her against his body I noticed that his hands had drifted close to her buttocks, keeping her hips grinding against his. She didn't object to his embrace or wandering hands at all. On the contrary, she seemed to be enjoying herself very much. It was obvious she only had adoring eyes for her tall dance partner. I was pissed, but knew if she was doing something inappropriate again I would find out soon enough.

As the song continued, Sarah and her partner slowly drifted further into the crowded dance floor. I could no longer see them, but had suspicions that whatever they were doing wasn't something she wanted me to see. When that song ended, another slow song started right away. As I expected Sarah never came back. In fact it was five more songs before the crowded dance floor thinned out, and I saw my flushed, giggling wife, still in a tight embrace, dancing with her friend.

As I waited impatiently for her return, some of the couples at my table returned. They were still glancing sheepishly at me and acted like they were embarrassed about something.

Unable to wait, I turned to the woman next to me and asked, "Who is the tall guy that Sarah is dancing with?"

I knew the woman worked with Sarah. She looked a bit agitated at my question. She cast me what I can only describe as a look of pity, before her expression softened. Then she sighed in resignation and answered my question.

"That's Mr Jackson." The woman told me. "He's the new Assistant Director of Sales that started with the firm a few months ago."

"Jackson huh? Does he have a first name?"

"Trevon. Trevon Jackson." She answered, adding, "Sarah works for him now."

"He's her Boss?" I blurted out with surprise.

I wondered why my wife never told me about this.

"How long has she worked for him?"

"I think its been a few months." The woman said. "Probably since he started working here. He's some ex college athlete, football I think. He was sent from another office and seems to be a favorite of the CEO. Since he's been here he's taken over another department and seems to be on a fast track to upper management."

The woman then said she had to use the ladies room and excused herself. I think she just wanted to get away from me before I questioned her further.

The music was still playing, this time a fast song. When I scanned the dance floor, which had thinned out considerable, I couldn't see Sarah anywhere. Then I glanced around the room and spotted her at a table across from the dance floor, sitting at Mr Jackson's table.

She had left me alone so she could join her black friend. I was pissed. There were several other couples at the table with them. Several black men and three white, giggling females. Sarah was laughing too at some amusing story that Jackson was telling the group.

I made my way over to the table. There were empty shot glasses all around the large table so I knew they were drinking, probably a lot. I could hear my wife saying something and it sounded like she was slurring her words. As I approached them, Sarah saw me coming and her laughing suddenly stopped.

"Hi honey!" She called out as I grew closer. Her flushed face took on a more sober expression as she asked, "Are you having fun Carl? Sorry to leave you alone darling. I'm just having a drink with my friends. Have you met Trevon yet?"

I wasn't sure how to behave. Should I act like a clueless husband and just ignore her dismissive attitude toward me? Or should I make a scene, call her out in front of her so called friends and her arrogant Boss? I decided to take a middle road and acted a bit stiff as I consider her with a passive, curious expression.

"No I haven't."

With a chagrined look, Sarah rose and moved to my side. She introduced me to her friends at the table. They didn't get up and not one of them shook my hand. They all just waved and seemed quite amused by my presence. When she got around to introducing Jackson, the guy just squeezed my hand overly hard and with barely a nod in my direction and went back to ignoring me. The young woman next to him noticed the veiled insult and giggled.

Without reacting to his insult I announced, "Well, its getting late Sarah. I'm tired now and I'm ready to leave."

Sarah was clearly surprised and irritated.

Locking eyes with her I asked, "Are you coming Dear?"

"Now? Already?" She exclaimed sounding a little drunk.

"Yes, its past midnight. I'm leaving right now."

With a frown she said, "I don't want to leave yet Carl. Its still early. Why don't you go back to our table and I'll join you in a few. I want to talk to Trevon for a few minutes about something."

Trevon, I thought suspiciously. Not Mr Jackson. She's sure acting friendly to a guy that she's working for. After ignoring me, dancing with him for the last half hour, and then drinking a shot or two at their table, it didn't seem like a normal business relationship.

I was getting more upset. But instead of venting my frustration I just shrugged and shot her a dismissive look.

"Do what you want Sarah. But I'm leaving."

As I spun around and walked away, I could hear snickering behind me. Somebody said laughing, "Just let him go Sarah. I'll give you a ride home."

I had my keys in my hand as I made my way rapidly toward the exit. Sarah's purse was still at our table. I knew she had to retrieve it before she left, so I was nearly to the parking lot when I heard my wife's high heels behind me clattering on the pavement.

"Damn it Carl! Wait!" She cried angrily.

She finally caught up, grabbed my arm and tried to pull me around. I nearly yanked her arm off as I pulled away from her grasp. I walked so fast to our car that she had a hard time keeping up in her high heels.

"Just get in." I told her gruffly as I opened my door.

I unlocked her door after sliding behind the wheel. Usually I'd open her door first as a gentleman should. But tonight I was too upset and just waited until she trotted around the car, opened her own door and slid into her seat.

"That was so rude!" She cried in a shrill tone. "What the hell's the matter with you Carl. Everybody was laughing at how you behaved. I have to work with those people you know. Its not even that late yet and the band is still playing! What's wrong anyway?"

I didn't want to tell her that my suspicions were tripped when I noticed her look of lust for her asshole Boss. I just mumbled something that I was tired and I wasn't having a very good time watching her dancing with other guys.

She complained about my impolite behavior for a while. But when she saw that I wasn't going to discuss the matter with her, she dropped it and we spent the rest of the ride home in tense silence.

That night was the beginning of our problems. For the rest of the weekend Sarah acted upset with me. We didn't speak very much. I did ask her why she never told me she now worked for an obnoxious, young black guy. She frowned and her bitter response proved she didn't appreciate me demeaning her new Boss. I guess she held the shit head in much higher regard than I did.

During the next week, things improved a little. Sarah was still not going to admit that she had a crush on her Boss. But I knew from that look that she did. She said she'd been moved into his Department to work as his assistant, and didn't mention him because she didn't think I was interested in something so trivial. She was probably right about that. But that was before I saw her look of lust and the way the two were "dirty dancing" that night at the Hotel.

Things settled down over the next couple weeks. We had sex once or twice, but there was no real emotion in it. It was hardly making love. I hoped Sarah would realize how much I cared for her, and would respect my feelings about cheating. When we did broach the subject of her inappropriate behavior that night, and she grew irritated and defensive.

"You're just being childish Carl." She accused me. "I have always danced with other men at parties and you never minded before."

"You're Boss is different." I replied. "You two weren't dancing like friends that night. His hands were wandering a little too much, and you didn't seem to mind one bit."

"Oh you poor man." She laughed. "Maybe I did let him touch my ass. But so what. It meant nothing. Just a bit of fun you know. You sound so damn insecure. Are you going to be jealous every time I dance with some guy now?"

"No. Just him. I don't like the way he acts around you."

"You mean because he's an attractive younger man that notices I'm not so old, or so bad looking?" She snapped back at me. "Or is it some racial thing you don't like him because he's black?"

Her insolent smirk was hard to take. She knew very well that I was no racist. I just hated to see her acting like a love struck teenager around some arrogant prick that seemed to be interested in getting into her panties.

"That has nothing to do with it." I said, barely keeping control.

"Well whatever has you all charged up you better get over it. I've been working for Trevon for over two months now and he's been a great Boss. He's made it very clear that he appreciates my work. He gave me a bonus last month and has even put me up for a raise."

That was news.

Before I could react to that, she added quickly, "Oh, and by the way Carl, I'm scheduled to go on a customer visit with Trevon and two other sales reps the week after next."

"Really?" I snorted. "Less than two weeks from now. That's pretty short notice don't you think? When did old Trevon plan that trip my Dear? The other night when you were dancing with him?"

"Its been in the works for a while." She admitted, "I was going to tell you after the party, but you were moping around like a jerk so I didn't. I've been waiting until you got over your little snit to let you know."

"So you and Trevon are off together huh? That's convenient." I shot back. "I guess you two will have lots of time to drink and dance while you're away from your boring old husband. How long will this trip last anyway?"

Cinical
Cinical
662 Followers