Looking After Pop

Story Info
Sarah falls in love with her grandfather.
15.3k words
4.58
130.5k
158
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My Dad called me out of the blue, so I immediately knew something was wrong.

"It's your Nanna. She's fine now, but she had a fall and broke her hip, so she's going to be in hospital for ages, by the sound of it, and... God, I hate to ask this, but, your grandfather needs someone to look after him while she's here."

"So, you want me to take care of Pop?"

"If that's okay, Sarah, sweetie? Look, I hate asking, but I thought I'd ask you first, since their house is close to the vet, and-"

"And because I'm single. I know." I should have at least attempted to hide the frustration in my voice, but Christ, I was sick of my parents subtly hinting at me that it's a national tragedy that I'm single. But fuck, I'm only 27 for crying out loud. Just because my older sister got married when she was 24, they think I'm a decrepit old spinster.

"That isn't what I was going to-" He paused and sighed. "He just needs someone to cook his meals, really. You don't need to dress him or anything like that."

"Look, it's fine. I'll do it. Like you said, I could probably walk to work from there, plus it's been forever since I've seen him properly."

"Oh, thank you so much, honey. That's a big help. Hey, I have to go now - the doctor wants to talk to us - but you really are doing a massive favour for the whole family, especially your Pop."

"It's okay. Just say hello and send my love to Nanna. Good luck, Dad."

He thanked me again and hung up. I had another appointment starting soon, so I didn't have time to call my grandfather to confirm all the details right away. I made a note to remind myself to walk over at lunch.

I quickly ate my sandwich and walked to my grandparents' house. Pop answered the door and I gave him a big hug. He hugged me back, invited me in, and we sat in the hard couches with floral upholstery they haven't made since the 80s. Pop thanked me for coming.

"Don't worry about it, Pop. I'm just glad Nanna is going to be okay. So, I don't know if Dad has told you yet, but I'll be taking care of things around the house for you while Nanna's in the hospital. I just haven't quite worked out all the finer details, like if I'll stay here or come and visit for a while after work and then head home. What would you prefer?"

"Well, I don't want to be a bother..." he trailed off, looking for permission to continue.

"You aren't. Honestly, Pop, what would you like me to do?"

"I think it'd be nice to have some company staying with me, if that's alright. That's also an awful lot of running around if you go home each night. Perhaps it would be better for both of us if you stayed. Your grandmother always keeps the spare bed made, so that's not a trouble."

That was a relief. As much as I like my own place, travelling to their house, cooking dinner for Pop and then going home did sound like way too much trouble. "Okay, it's a deal then, Pop. I should get back to work now, but I'll come by around 6 tonight after grabbing some clothes and stuff." I stood, kissed him on the cheek and said a quick "I love you," then walked back to work.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful; I did a couple of quick surgeries and did a few checkups on some other animals - the usual day for a vet. I drove home, gathered up about a week's work of casual house clothes, toiletries, and out of habit, I also packed my little purple bullet vibrator. Even though the guest bedroom was right next to the master bedroom in my grandparents' house, my reasoning was that Pop was old and wouldn't have been able to hear its soft buzzing if the mood did happen to strike while I was there. Anyway, I was soon packed and ready to move in with my grandfather for who knew how long.

As I closed the door to my townhouse, I cursed myself for briefly wondering how much money I'd be wasting on rent while I was staying with Pop. 'Shut the fuck up, Sarah,' I thought. 'It's good karma. He's a kind, sweet old man and just think of how much he and Nanna spoiled you and Jenna rotten when you were kids. Not to mention his fucking wife's in hospital and he can't even cook for himself. You're doing the right thing, so stop being so shitty and selfish.' Good point, Sarah.

So, it turns out that Wednesday is Nanna's grocery day, and of course with her fall, she didn't get out to do any shopping. As such, the fridge was bereft of any real cooking ingredients.

"I'm so sorry, Sarah. I should have remembered when you were here this afternoon. But with everything that's happened..."

"Don't worry," I reassured him. "How about this instead - Chinese takeaway? My treat." I knew that, no matter what else was happening in life, my grandfather would never turn down Chinese food.

His eyes lit up for the first time that day. "Chinese food with my beautiful granddaughter? How could a man refuse?" He grinned.

I laughed and blushed. "Okay then. Beef and black bean for you?" He nodded. Old people love that dish for some reason. Don't ask me why - it's so bitter and unappetising to me. "And probably some sort of vego dish for me." A vegetarian vet; shocking, right? I called the restaurant from the tattered menu my grandparents had stuck to the fridge for about 15 years now.

Dinner was delicious, and thankfully there was enough left over for Pop to reheat for lunch the next day. Thank Christ that Dad had at least taught him how to use the microwave. We mostly chatted about my work, and I tried my best to keep him from thinking about Nanna in the hospital. The few times she was mentioned, I reassured him that Dad was no doubt keeping her company.

"Yes, we got lucky with your father," Pop said. "All our other kids moved across the country, but he stayed. And I know he and your mother are very happy you've come back here after you got your degree."

I gathered up our plates and rinsed them in the sink. No dishwasher here. "Even if they don't show it," I sighed.

Pop put the kettle on. I'm so glad he knows how to make himself tea, because I've never made a cup in my life. "They are proud of you, Sarah. Me and your grandmother, too. You've done so well. But it's hard for parents to explain that sort of thing to their children. You'll understand someday when you have kids of your own."

I know he meant well, but that comment was so old-fashioned and sexist: "When" I have kids, not "If". But I bit my tongue. I reminded myself he's a product of his time - he doesn't even know how to cook for himself, for Christ's sake, so it's probably not worth explaining that I might not even want to have children. Instead, I settled for a polite "Thanks, Pop" and let it drop. He made his tea and I washed the dishes while he wiped.

We went to the lounge room after that and watched whatever he wanted to watch on TV while I filled in time on my phone, half-watching the repeats of 80s and 90s shows that I forgot even existed. He went to bed around 9:30 and after I gave him a quick "goodnight" peck on the cheek, he thanked me for about the thousandth time.

"It's seriously fine, Pop. I've missed you, and I feel bad I haven't seen you in ages before today. Anyway, try to sleep well. I'll see you in the morning? I have to be to work at about 8:30."

"Right, good, I'll see you in the morning then. Goodnight, Sarah."

"Night, Pop." He smiled back at me and slowly made his way to his room, alone for the first time in what must have been decades.

I spent the next hour or two trying to think of a shopping list and just generally doing boring stuff before heading to bed. After everything that had happened that day, I was having a pretty difficult time falling asleep. As I lay in bed, I kept thinking about my poor Pop and my poor Nanna, and how hard it must be for them to be separated like this. I mean, sure, Pop would be going to see Nanna at hospital every day, but I'd imagine the nighttimes would be torture. That's when you'd feel the most lonely, especially when you'd literally spent decades going to bed together. Speaking of going to bed together, I wished I was back at my house, where I could masturbate myself to sleep. My hand drifted down to my satin pyjama pants, and I kind of started rubbing myself over the top of my pants. I mean, it wouldn't be the end of the world if I did make myself cum, right? Pop was right next door, but he'd been in bed for maybe two hours, and I could be quiet. Plus, I did bring my little friend for just such an occasion.

'Fuck it,' I thought. I climbed out of bed and rummaged through my bag in the dark until I found my small bullet. I climbed back under the covers, slid my pants and underwear down to my knees, and turned it on its slowest (quietest) setting, slowly running it up and down my slit, letting my mind wander to various hookups I'd had over the years, feeling the warmth between my legs grow. Once I was sufficiently wet, I moved the vibrator up to my clit, and held it there, letting the soft buzzing do the work my fingers would normally do. I started grinding my hips, and increased the vibrator's intensity. The fact my grandfather was next door started off as a turnoff, but before long, I stopped caring. I just focused on the buzzing between my legs, and thinking dirty thoughts, getting closer and closer to orgasm. I started rubbing the vibrator back and forth across my clit, and in less than a minute, my body was tensing up, ready for release. I bit my lip as the orgasm exploded out from my pussy, making me arch my back and causing my whole body to shudder. I switched the vibrator off while I caught my breath, then used my fingers to give myself another orgasm or two before the sleepiness finally set in. As I drifted off to sleep, I heard Pop stirring in his bedroom, then shuffling as he made his way to the bathroom, no doubt to pee for the first of five times that night.

The next morning, Pop was already in the kitchen, making himself some tea. He made me a cup, either out of habit or out of politeness. I felt so awkward having to explain that I don't like tea or coffee, but I think he was fine with it. I made him some toast with jam, then had some for myself. It was the usual morning conversation - How did you sleep? Fine, thanks, how about you? - and after breakfast, he let me have the first shower, after warning me that the door doesn't lock. I made it a quick shower, since I was running late, and gave Pop a quick goodbye kiss, letting him know I'd be back for lunch. On my way to work, I called Dad, and asked him how Nanna was.

"She's stable, but she's pretty out of it because of all the pain meds. How was Dad?"

"I think Pop was good, all things considered. We had Chinese for dinner because I didn't realise Nanna was meant to do the groceries yesterday, so I think that's something I'll have to do after work. Hey, when do you think Pop should come visit Nanna?"

"I guess your mother or I could pick him up sometime today. But I don't know how much point there'd be, since she's mostly spending the time asleep."

"Yeah, but it'd be good for Pop to see her, at least. I can tell he misses her. Anyway, I'm almost at work now, so I'll say goodbye. When she's awake, tell Nanna I say hello."

"Will do. Have a good day. Love you, Sarah."

"Love you too, Dad."

The rest of that day was pretty much like the day before, except I did the shopping and cooked some spaghetti bolognese for Pop on Thursday night, while I made a vegetarian curry for myself. He made it pretty clear he wasn't a fan of the smell, but changed his tune when I offered him a forkful of it - he had to concede that it was pretty delicious. We chatted about his visit to see Nanna in the hospital, and apparently Dad volunteered to take him again on the Friday. I said I'd take him to see her on Saturday, since I hadn't been yet. Apart from that, honestly, it was pretty boring and I'd just be repeating myself. Rather than masturbate, I was able to get to sleep fairly easily Thursday night, thinking about my Pop and his love for my Nanna, and how I hoped I could be so lucky to find a guy like Pop myself one day.

Friday passed in much the same way that Thursday did, except that Pop remembered to not make me a cup of tea. When I got home that day, I realised I really was starting to enjoy spending time with Pop, keeping each other company and chatting. It was nice getting to come home to someone and debrief about my day.

I'll be honest - Saturday morning was difficult. Seeing Nanna in hospital like that was something I thought I was prepared for, even after Dad warned me the other day, but I was wrong. She was in good spirits, sure, but the whole thing was pretty confronting. I tried to hold it together and not show how upset I felt. One good thing about the visit, though, was watching both of them, and how happy they were to see each other. They kissed each other, and held hands the entire time. My grandparents are such an adorable couple. On the drive back that afternoon, I told Pop as much.

"It was so sweet seeing you both so affectionate towards each other, so happy to see one another."

"Well, she is my wife, Sarah." I couldn't tell if he was being modest or if he was frustrated by my pointing out the affection.

"I know, Pop. But I mean, you see so many older couples get so jaded or indifferent after so long together, bickering all the time. I dunno, I just think you guys are adorable. And I liked seeing you both together. Sorry if I annoyed you."

"Alright, well, thank you. That's sweet of you to say. Thank you for taking me to see her, Sarah. I know she liked seeing you too."

"I just feel bad I didn't get a chance to before today. But with work, the visiting hours don't really suit my schedule."

"I know, but you made the effort today, and we spent most of the day there, when you could've been doing other fun things instead. That's what matters, dear." He put his hand on my leg - just above the knee - and patted gently.

I pulled into the driveway and put my hand over his. "Thanks, Pop." I kissed his cheek, then turned the car off and hopped out. I helped him out of the car and he opened the house, holding the door open for me. Such a gentleman.

I never thought I'd ever say this, especially after all the times I got so bored when we visited when I was little, but when we got inside, all I really felt like doing was staying in and chatting with Pop. He was never in the Army or anything like that, but he did have some funny, interesting stories about "the good old days" that I'd never heard before. Stuff about his childhood and when he was a young man. I guess talking to old people is a skill you really only develop well after your teens.

When he eventually turned the conversation to my love life, I was perhaps a little too candid. I guess that was a sign I was getting close to him and letting my walls down a bit.

"No, no boyfriend. But I guess you could say I'm not a stranger to the occasional random hookup."

He looked visibly confused. "Hookup?"

"Y'know, like, a one night stand sort of thing?"

"Oh, right, yes. I see." He fell silent.

I suddenly remembered I was talking to my 82 year old grandfather. "Oh jeez, you're judging me, aren't you? You're so grossed out."

"What? No, no. Not at all, darling." He paused, blushed a little, then decided to continue. "This will sound bad, but I was just wishing it could've been like that back in my day. Before I met your grandmother, at least."

"Oh, I'll bet!" I laughed. "Hookups are easy-"

"Especially for someone as beautiful as you, I'd imagine," Pop interrupted.

Now it was my turn to blush. "No, but they're easy. What you and Nanna have? That's hard. You guys are so lucky."

"Thank you, sweetheart." Then Pop said more than either of us thought he would. "I do miss the physical side of it, though."

I didn't quite know how to respond, so I tried as tactfully as possible. "You guys don't...? They've got pills for that now, Pop." In hindsight, I could've been a lot more tactful.

He chuckled briefly. "I know they do, but that's not the issue. Emily, she..." he sighed. "She's lost interest lately, that's all. She says it's not me, but..." God, he looked so sad and broken, like so many elderly dogs I've treated over the years.

I knew I was in way over my head, but I'm nothing if not determined. "I'm sure she still loves you, and maybe it's just a phase, like what happens to everyone. I bet after her recovery, she'll realise what she's missing and be more into sex again."

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder, you think?" He considered this for a minute. "Maybe you're right. Thanks for listening, Sarah. But I don't think this is an appropriate conversation to have with my granddaughter, so maybe we should move onto something else?"

"Oh, yeah, whatever you want, Pop. I mean, it doesn't worry me, but yeah, let's move on."

He asked about Jenna and her family next, and we carried on talking as normal, but in my mind, I was running through all the things I could've told him about his sex life with Nanna, about how he still is quite handsome and ways he could help get her in the mood. Don't ask me why, okay? I've asked myself that enough, and the best explanation I can think of is that I'm a problem solver by nature, and I saw my grandparents' waning sex life as a problem that could be solved.

That problem must have still been on my mind when I went to bed that night, because I couldn't stop thinking about my poor Pop and how he hadn't had sex in so long. It must've been hard for him, loving Nanna so much, and wanting to keep having sex with her, but her not being into it at all. I lay there, wishing I could do something to help him out. You know, apart from the obvious. That's incest, for fuck's sake, Sarah.

But hey, shouldn't I at least consider it? I mean, I'm pretty liberal, and it would be my choice. Entirely my idea. I mean, sure, incest is "wrong," but they used to say that about interracial couples, and gay people, and women wearing pants. Plus, you've got shows like Game of Thrones making incest more mainstream, and on the rare occasions when I look at porn, isn't hard to see that there's a lot of incest-themed porn out there these days. And I know that inbreeding can cause all sorts of genetic issues, but I never said anything about having babies with him.

But, Pop is married. To your grandmother. And you do love Nanna with all your heart. You don't want to be the other woman - you've never wanted to do that. Not to mention that Pop is pretty conservative, so there's no way he'd be up for what you're suggesting.

Yes, those are definitely valid points. But I don't want to have an affair with him; this isn't about me, not really. It'd be more like, I dunno, a surrogate? Yeah, I'd be doing them both a service. I'd be helping Pop with his sexual frustration, and in a way, I'd be helping Nanna improve their relationship by taking the pressure off her having sex if she doesn't want it ever again. Pop would have an outlet for his sexual frustrations, and Nanna wouldn't have to deal with Pop's resentment/sadness anymore. And she's going to be out of action for quite some time with her broken hip, so even if she wanted to, she won't be able to for months and months. And if Pop has even a halfway decent dick, it's not like it'd be a chore for me to fuck it.

Okay, so suppose you do plan on doing this. Suppose you really want to seduce your fucking grandfather, you fucking weirdo. How do you think you'll get him to override 80-plus years of social conditioning and get him to see you as the solution to his sexual woes?

I'd have to get him to see me as a sexually active woman, not his little granddaughter who used to believe in fairies. I don't want to be a conniving bitch. I'd have to show him that I love him, and that I'm not just after his dick. Admittedly, this was going to take some work, but by the time I fell asleep, I'd formed my plan. But if I wanted it to go smoothly, I was going to have to be smart about it. Rushing would only fuck everything up.