Lord Oakes' Daughter Ch. 01

Story Info
Cast out publicly whipped sold into servitude and ravished.
8.8k words
4.42
95k
32
0

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/11/2022
Created 02/05/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She appeared to me as if an angel at Mr Marchington's ball at the great hall at Thrimby, I was at once bewitched and dangled helpless in her thrall, as I beheld an angel with ringletted golden hair, with eyes of blue and a merry laugh that lightened even my poor dour soul.

And I was not alone, everyone else that claimed to be male and of the red blood lusted after this angel, the very epitome of beauty and grace, as she glided swiftly across the dance-floor in as swish of flouncing lace, as if held aloft by suspension from the clouds not mere mortal legs, while I possessed of two left feet, metaphorically you understand not physically, thus felt compelled to remain upon the side lines.

"Who is the angel!" I asked Barrington a new friend I had but recently made after our move from Berkshire to our new home at Gatesby Hall at Hibblethwaite near Gatesby.

"Why the honourable Camilla Oakes," quoth he, "Fresh from mourning her poor Mama."

"Fresh?" I asked.

"Oh yes enforcedly so," said he, "Her father has married a widow, precipitately I fear, Mrs Parsonage, though a less Christian soul it is had to envision."

"This Oakes, he was widowed?" I asked.

"Indeed nine months since at the outside," he informed me, "Precipitately do you see?"

I allow I am no great charmer where wenches are concerned, always the compliment falls flat or is misconstrued, and dances had become a purgatory, although when I look in the mirror I see I have but one mouth, a single nose and two each of ears and eyes, and not a hint of horns or forked tail.

She evaded me, this Camilla did, easily, for suitors queued to dance with her to the dismay of those with her I must admit, the dark haired sisters Lilla and Catherine Parsonage with whom I dared to speak briefly, and sadly I asked about Camilla, which enraged the pair immensely.

It remained with me that image of Camilla, and it was entirely ridiculous, she was beautiful, charming, chaste, healthy everything one could wish for in a wife, I believe she was in the top ten of my fathers shortlist of suitable brides for me and yet I could not bring myself to speak to her.

"How went the wenching?" my father asked as I returned that very evening.

"Pleasant enough, Father," I suggested.

"Did ye sample the goods John?" he asked, "Chaste kiss perchance?"

"I spoke to Miss Lilla Parsonage." I explained.

"Talking won't get an heir my boy," he offered, "You have had twenty three summers already, all the good ones will be gone before you et round to bedding them!"

"Yes Father," I agreed.

"Then do something about it my boy!" he insisted.

Now my father unlike myself was regarded as being in the first rank among exponents of wenching, I knew that half the maids and more on our old estate had he sampled, and as a consequence mother now resided with aunt Matilda in Brighton so that she should be spared the humiliation of my father's dalliances, and the pain he inflicted with his constant demands even though I was their own surviving child he never restricted his demands that she should bear "A Spare," or second son, something of which she seemed incapable neither son nor daughter being conceived.

Miss Camilla I rapidly discovered had the eye of Gerald Handley, the protege of our prime minister no less, and thus, for practical purposes she became out of bounds, not through rank but because he was beautiful with beautiful manners and a command of English second to none whereas I it is well said that pedantry is my forte, the law, figures, balance sheets and facts not flowered prose and elegant lies.

It was not to be, a romance between Camilla Oakes and I, and that was an end to it.

The season dragged on, this ball and that until I own I should rather have a tooth pulled than attend another, "Mr Hunstanton," Camilla addressed me on one occasion, "My dear sister Lilla has no partner shall I ask her for you?" she said crushing my spirit like a grape under a cows hoof.

Poor mean dark haired Lilla, all latin promise, dark hair and a faint tan to the skin always, pretty enough but not a candle to Camilla's sun.

"I have an ankle sprain," I lied and thereafter limped.

"Mr Hunstanton," Camilla said again in passing later, "I would ask only that you remember which ankle is sprained that you may limp with the same leg always," and my deception was shown in a trice, though I rejoiced that she had at least noticed me.

I had a fort-night training with the Militia which thankfully meant I missed the next ball. My father had sought the rank of Major for me but I sneaked away and bought a Lieutenancy instead, that way I had but ten to twenty lads to control and could know them as men not numbers and I enjoyed every second with Sergeant Riketts and Corporal Munn who ran my platoon.

Of course that did not suit my father either, "Damned Lieutenenant, taking orders form Batty Boulders and the like, you are a disgrace to my name!" He stormed, though I think he realised that by so doing I learned something from my time, when as Major I should have been in essence messenger boy from Colonel to Captain, and I could always buy a promotion if I so desired..

I came home from our training camp to a terrible situation, there was a court case among the Oakes, Miss Camilla had been found in flagrant undress with a servant, first the servant was to be tried and when afterwards when he insisted it was of Camilla's instigation so Lady Oakes had insisted Camilla be made an example of lest her debauchery corrupt Lady Oakes' own daughters Lilla and Catherine who were of an age with her.

It fell to be heard at the Gatesby assizes, one John Raiment was to be charged with indecency since Camilla was but nineteen years old and not yet of majority, that age of 21 years whereby she may marry without consent.

"The Oakes' girl's a flighty one John," my father told me at breakfast, "Been caught in flagrante with a servant, he shall be up before old Wobbly Wibblethwaite's bench this forenoon shall you come and see the shenanigans?"

"Ah no" I demurred, "But did you say Catherine?" I asked, "Or Lilla?"

"Camilla," he said, I think I jumped, certainly my china tea leapt from my tea-cup and deposited itself upon my shirt and breeches.

"Camilla!" I gasped, "The angel Camilla!" I could not believe it, "No surely not," I spluttered, "What purpose would she have with servants with Mr Gerald Handley on his knees at her beck and call?"

"Ah but it's too dammed late John," my father admitted, "This will ruin her, old Oakes will disinherit her if 'tis true." and he peered at my with a sort of amused smirk as if he was already plotting something.

"Then we must go," I insisted, "And offer what assistance we may."

We took carriage to Gatesby, to the Court house there, It was as father said, the trial started at ten, we were late as always with father, it was ten minutes past the tenth hour when we sneaked in and as we had no seat reserved so we were compelled to sit in the third rank which displeased my father slightly as by this Lords and common fellows had the appearance of precedence.

The Oakes' servant John Raiment was sworn in and ready to answer as we sat.

"Oh the charge of Indecency how do you plead," the court clerk, Adams, a mean fellow of threadbare appearance, threadbare grey coat and hair to match, or so I thought asked him.

There was a pause and then came an astonished gasp as he said "Guilty."

"Oh," Judge Wibblethwaite exclaimed as he woke from an apparent slumber, "Not, Not Guilty, but Guilty?"

"Indeed sir." Raiment averred.

"And have you any mitigation." the Judge asked.

"Merely that I had no choice sir, Miss Camilla is in essence my mistress sir, when she asked that I, ah, pleasure her sir , and thus had I had no option sir." he said but awkwardly as if reading from a Shakespeare play.

"Really, am I expected to believe that?" the Judge asked.

"Ask her yourself," Raiment suggested, and that is what the Judge did.

"Stand down Raiment, call Miss Camilla Oakes." he instructed.

She came down from an ante room like an angel, so gloriously enchanting that no man might resist her and she stood all golden ringlets and red gown as swore on the bible that she would be truthful.

"Tell the court what happened between you and Raiment." the Judge asked.

"Yes my Lord!" she said, "He was in my room when I returned from my walk, and he tried to kiss me, then Step Mama came and she believed I had seduced him."

"Tried to kiss?" the Judge asked, "I have it in writing you were undone, bare indeed and that your pleasured moans attracted the attention of Lady Oaks, do you deny it?"

"Indeed, that was not what transpired at all," Camilla insisted.

"But Lady Oaks, Mr Raiment and your sisters all say by word and in writing that you seduced him." the Judge insisted. It all seemed most irregular but Wibblethwaite had conducted affairs thus for twenty and more years.

"Then they are not truthful." she insisted.

The Judge sighed, "But I say again we have here sworn testimony from Lady Oakes and her daughters and from Raiment both spoken and in writing that that is what occurred."

"Then they lie!" she insisted.

"And your Physician," the Judge enquired, "Why does he aver that you are no longer chaste?"

A gasp hissed around the courtroom.

"No!" she wailed.

"Cannot be disputed," the Judge insisted, "No it is clear you are a wanton strumpet and unfit for decent society, but that aside perjury you have committed even after your lover hath confessed, this may not be left unpunished," he announced with considerable seriousness, "Have you anything to say in your defence?"

"It is lies all lies!" Camilla exclaimed.

"Father," I whispered, "This is most irregular, tis Raiment on Trial not Camilla, and Mr Haynes treatise upon English Law says." I explained.

"Shut up!" Father hissed, "Just listen you fool."

"Oh for pities sake wench," The Judge snapped, "Lord Oakes, sir are you present, if so please stand."

The Noble Lord rose steadily to stand unsteadily from one of the seats set aside for those of quality, "Sir may I be of assistance?" he asked.

"Yes sir," the Judge continued,"It is my intention to bind over your daughter Camilla in the sum of two hundred pounds that she shall be of good character until her majority."

I saw the Lady Oakes whisper and then the Lord spoke, "I shall do no such thing, she brings my name into disrepute and confers shame on my darling Katerina and her sweet gentle children, no I should rather cast her out in the gutter."

"Father!" Camilla cried.

"Do not speak to me as father!" the Lord Oakes snapped, "My lord will suffice henceforth because you are no daughter of mine."

"Oh can it be that even you have betrayed me now!" Camilla railed.

I stood inadvisedly it must be admitted, "I'll stand surety," I said.

"Sit down you fool," my father hissed, correctly as it turned out as he had a far better appreciation of the ways of women what effect my outburst would have upon Camilla.

"You!" Camilla railed, "I should rather be incarcerated the whole twenty months."

"Don't be too hasty Miss Oakes for that is an alternative expedient," the Judge interjected, "Sit down Mr?"

"Hunstanton sir!" I said quickly.

"Ah yes, Hunstanton, well sir when we have a need of a village idiot, I shall send a communication," he said and the entire court laughed at me, Camilla included, and then I sat down, red faced and angry beyond measure.

"So Miss Oakes," the Judge enquired, "Why should I not have you incarcerated for your lies?"

"They are not lies!" she insisted.

"Come this is not some girlish jape," the Judge reminded her,"This is of the utmost seriousness, I offer you the chance to repent, not to repeat your lies, you are upon oath remember." he repeated. "I speak the truth." she said.

"Then you shall remain in Gatesby Jail until surety is found or perhaps a menial position is secured," he thought a moment, "Indeed if you are dispossessed then a menial position is all you may hope for," he thought, "So, yes, you shall attend the hiring fair, that is the Mop fair and see if you may secure a position, and if so your master or mistress may apply to me for your release.

"Menial position, I am daughter of a Nobleman, never!" Camilla railed her anger lighting her face showing her character, such beauty, such perfection!

"Silence or I shall have you whipped!" the Judge insisted, "Show some respect."

"But I am innocent!" she protested.

"Ten lashes," the Judge declared.

"That is beyond your power," Camilla snapped, "I am a Noblewoman!"

"Twenty lashes, you have been dispossessed do you not understand?" the Judge retorted.

"That is immaterial!" Camilla argued.

"Forty Lashes," he suggested, "Shall you try for the round hundred."

"May Satan have mercy on your soul for you are truly evil!" Camilla replied.

"One Hunded lashes one more out-burst and I shall have you transported to the Antipodes."

"Ohhhhh!" she railed but finally stilled her tongue.

"Take her out master Jailor, have her brought to the market square on the morrow, ten of the clock if please," the Judge instructed, "And learn some manners Miss Oakes."

Camilla stood down, the anger radiating from her made her ever more beauteous in my estimation and thankfully somehow she held her tongue, and allowed herself to be taken away.

"You bloody fool," father said quietly, "You can't buy the wenches' affection," and raising his voice to be heard more generally he said , "And you have a position to maintain, how should such a creature stand as wife, mother to you children, my grandchildren?"

"Wife, oh, no, I," I stuttered, "I meant not to buy her for a wife, just to have my regard for her acknowledged."

"Then Wibblethwaite is right and you are admirably qualified to be village idiot." he insisted, "County idiot in fact," he laughed, and then said more quietly, "For heaven's sake John, with your fortune girls should be chasing you, not rushing for cover at your approach!"

"I know," I agreed, "But well,"

"You're not bad looking John," my father continued, "But I own you are a tedious pedant when it comes to conversation, and why you cannot read Shakespeare instead of Mr Haynes treatise upon English Law is complete mystery to me."

We hushed at the Judges instruction, "All in attendance for the Oakes' trial may step down and quickly so, that I may proceed with Mr Allinson,"

Quickly and our society were two incompatibilities, and ten minutes must have elapsed before all were ejected, my father sought to remove ourselves with promptitude, but the Oakes were before us, not Camilla of course but the Lord and Lady and Lilla and Catherine, all blocked our exit.

"Ah Edward," the Lord Oakes greeted father, where really with father being Earl Norchester it should have been 'Your Grace.' in reality, "And who is the buffoon with you?"

"My son John Hunstanton," my father explained inadequately.

"Son eh?" he chuckled, "Then you must come to dine, dine I say what say you my dears," and he turned to his wife and her daughters.

"Oh, son, indeed?" the Lady queried, "Indeed dine, yes most certainly dine with us Mr Gerald Handley, is invited already," and it was settled, and my contempt for them redoubled tenfold.

The day passed interminably, and then before dawn I was away to Gatesby Jail, "I have come with surety for Miss Oakes," I said when at length the Jailor was roused and came to the door.

"And who are you?" he asked.

"John Hunstanton!" I said.

"Oh the village idiot," quoth he, my reputation having preceded me, "Be gone fool before I lock thee in additionally." he said and slammed the door.

I waited until a half past nine and then through the Jail yard gate came a cart carrying Camilla still in her gown of the court appearance, crimson with the inevitable white trim, yet caged like a lion in a cage, a cage be it noted deficient in height and by far too low for her to stand erect so she stooped inelegantly. It halted briefly while the driver leapt aboard from leading the team.

"Miss Oakes," I said as I rushed to her.

"Be gone you fool," she quoth, "You have no business here,"

"But they will whip you?" I said.

"Better by far that than to be behoven to you." she said, and with that the carter cracked his whip and the cart sped away at a good lick.

I followed to the market square, the stage for the Gallows was set up but the Gallows themselves were missing, and as I stood impotently so Camilla was removed from the cage and manhandled to the stage where Mister Gibbons the gargantuan weather beaten hangman Wibblethwaite always employed was there, waiting menacingly, his grizzled face and muscled arms near the same tan colour as his leather waistcoat and twice and a half the weight of poor slender Camilla, and there in his huge hand he bore a whip, an evil device neither cat o' nine tails nor horse whip but somewhere between the two made of leather but with a rope wound carved bone handle.

I took up a position at the back of the watching throng, "Bare her back if you please Mr Gibbons," I heard Judge Wibblethwaite order, and as I looked across I saw him there, presiding at the edge of the stage, "Bare her then, man!" he insisted impatiently.

"No!" Camilla cried but Gibbons advanced, "Beg pardon miss," he said quietly and went to undo her hooks and eyes but Camilla hit him with her hands, I say hands because I saw her hands were tied together at the wrists with a rope before her.

"Aw," Gibbons wailed and recoiled in shock.

"Cut it man, use your dagger!" the Judge insisted and thereupon Gibbons drew his dagger and inserted the pointed end against the collar of poor Camilla's collar gown, sharp edge outermost I prayed, and then with a rending tearing sound he drew it down and jabbed and hacked at the material and her gown and under things just parted in twain revealing the genteel pink softness of her her bared shoulders, and then the spine of her backbone was revealed for the amusement and gaze of the throng and then as her gown was brutally hacked away her corsets were revealed all black and whale boned and laced in tapes of reddish hue, and there he paused in certainly.

"Cut man, bare her, we have not all day," the Judge shouted to spur him on.

So Gibbins took the dagger again and he cut and hacked through the tapess until they fell away one by one in a fluttering cascade of red fragments and then finally and unnecessarily he ripped the whale boned carcase of the thing from her revealing all her sweet unsullied pink softness of form and yet even without the restraint of corsetry her girth expanded no more than an inch, so perfect was her form so girlish yet womanly, the very epitome of an angel, more beautiful by half than the angels in Mr Samprini's depictions or Mr Da Vinci's I own. I wanted so much to rise up and spirit her away from this crudity yet I could no more do so than fly to sit upon the moon.

But Gibbons was but started upon his crude humilliation of the angel, after throwing aside her corset he set about her things with renewed vigour, robe and under-things were together cut separating and all the time widening the expanse of her which appeared freshly naked for all to gaze upon, and he cut away that which covered her loins and buttocks, yes, indeed, leaving her very buttocks naked and pink and quivering as she shook now with fear and trepidation in utter humilliation.

Even her most privateness must have been available to the gaze of the nearest as Gibbons admired his work having left her bared but for the mass of bunched gown around her arms and so after setting his dagger in his waist band once again he took up his whip swung it back and with a mighty forehand over the arm motion so he struck her.

For me, I own time near stood still as I tracked the wicked leathered straps of the whip from backswing to the impactation of harsh brown leather on soft pink flesh and I swear I saw her flesh yield instantly to leave an arrow straight groove which swiftly regained its former shape but with the faintest blued tinge of bruising.#