Lost and Found Ch. 04

Story Info
The resolution of the story.
1.4k words
4.51
13.1k
6
0

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 08/02/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Copyright 2009 by madengineer3

This story is pure fiction. Any similarities in names and places are purely coincidental. The story starts in the late 1950s. All participants are over eighteen and willing.

I want to thank MiliktheRed for his excellent editing.

*

Two years had past since Sue had accepted Charlie Crocker's offer of a job. As it turned out, Sue was a natural salesperson. Sue had been taking night school courses toward her GED (General Equivalent Diploma).

Charlie's second in command in the store was his son, Jason. Jason was about Sue's age, but had a college degree in business administration. Both Charlie and Jason had found Sue to be reliable, cheerful, hard working, and as honest as any person they had ever met. A surprise celebration was being planned by my wife Yvonne, Charlie and Jason Crocker and myself, Jeff. Since I am the physics professor at the local college I had some inside contacts with the local "education establishment". I had found out that Sue had aced her GED exams and was being given her diploma. Sue did not yet know that she had passed everything.

I had gone to the chancellor of our school and asked for a large favor. I asked that the school offer a full scholarship to Sue. The course I wanted to get her enrolled in was accounting and business management. Sue had shown a real aptitude for business. The chancellor, who was an old friend, arranged the scholarship.

My wife and I had arranged to get Sue's GED diploma, the scholarship offer, and assorted edible goodies together and bring them to Crocker's store after closing time Friday night. Charlie and Jason had arranged for the entire staff to stay around for a "business meeting".

We arrived at Charlie's store at about seven in the evening. The store had officially closed at six. Charlie had his workers had brought out folding tables and chairs. Charlie had Jason make a full pot of coffee. When we arrived, we had several boxes with us. Charlie and Jason had all of his workers, including Sue, open the boxes and place the food on the tables. It was then time for me to speak.

"I suppose that most of you are wondering what this meeting is about. Well, it is a celebration. I have two wonderful pieces of news that we all need to share in. I've known most of you for several years now. What some of you may not know is that Sue has been working, on her own time, to continue her education. Through no fault of her own, her education had been put on hold due to bad decisions by her parents. Tonight, I have two things to present to Sue. Would you come up here Sue?"

Sue, looking flustered, came up to where I was standing. I smiled at her and handed her a large manila envelope.

"Please open it Sue."

Sue opened it. As she read it, tears appeared in her eyes.

"For the rest of you, Sue just received her high school diploma. Let's congratulate her." Everyone came up and hugged Sue and told her how proud they were of what she had accomplished. After a couple of minutes I asked everyone, but Sue, to sit down. When it was quiet again I continued: "Sue, I've been talking with some people you don't know, as well as Charlie and Jason. You don't know it yet, but you are going to have to switch to working at the store on a part time basis."

"Why, Mr. Mohr? I like working here. These are my friends."

"We know that, Sue. This envelope will explain it all to you, when you read it later. I'll give you, and our friends, the simple version now. The college has awarded you a full scholarship to enter into the accounting and business management degree program. It's On an accelerated schedule. That will give you a bachelor's degree in three years."

That was as far as I got before Sue hugged me and kissed me. She almost knocked me off my feet.

*********************

That party happened four years ago. Sue finished her degree, graduating with honors (cum laude). She went back to work at Crocker's store. Two months earlier, the elderly woman who had been doing the books for Charlie Crocker had retired. For those intervening months Jason and Charlie had been doing the books with Sue's help, on a part time basis.

After the graduation, Charlie and Jason had decided to incorporate the store. It had been doing very well, but had been running as a liability limited partnership. With the incorporation completed, Sue was given the position as the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) of Crocker Holdings, Inc.

As time went on, we saw Sue, at church, on a regular basis; but we didn't see her every day. After graduation she had rented an apartment that was located over the original Crocker store. She threw herself into her work.

It was the middle of November when we received the invitation. Charlie Crocker invited us to join his family for Thanksgiving dinner. We agreed, with the condition that we could bring the pies for dessert. When the day arrived, we drove over to Charlie's house and were happy to see that Sue was there also. Jason was busy helping his father and mother setting the table.

As we sat down, we joined hands and bowed our heads while Charlie offered the blessing on the meal.

"Dear Heavenly Father, we thank you that we can be surrounded by family and friends on this special day. We thank you for all the blessings You have given us. We thank you for those we recognize as blessings and for those that we don't recognize as well. We ask that You would be our unseen guest and bless this food. We ask that You would bless those who prepared it and those who will partake of it, in Jesus name. Amen." Charlie then said, "I have a couple of announcements to make. First of all, I'm reaching the age where I would be just as happy to not have to worry about all the details of our business anymore. As of tomorrow Jason is taking over as the CEO/COO (Chief Executive Officer/Chief Operating Officer) of the firm. I offer a toast to his continued success."

We all toasted Jason with our glasses of fresh squeezed apple cider. Then Charlie continued.

"The second announcement that needs to be made will be made by Jason." Jason stood and smiled at everyone. "I need to preface my comments with a question." Jason turned to Sue. "Sue, will you marry me?"

To say that Sue was surprised would be an understatement. She finally found her voice. "Are you sure you want to marry me Jason? There are still people in town who remember my social standing before I moved in with Jeff and Yvonne."

"Yes, I want to marry you. Are you willing to marry me?"

Sue didn't stop saying yes as she hugged and repeatedly kissed Jason. Jason then took a beautiful diamond solitaire ring from his pocket and placed it on Sue's ring finger. Then Jason stood and continued speaking. "Dad and mom already knew what I had planned on asking Sue. With the assumption that she would say yes I have gotten our lawyer to draw up a new will for me. The day we are married she will be my beneficiary. As a wedding present I am giving her half of my stock in Crocker Holdings, Inc. She will be holding 25% ownership. I have also asked the pastor to hold open the Saturday after next for a wedding. Is that too soon, Sue?"

"No, I'm just startled that you asked me to marry you. We haven't even been dating."

"No, we haven't. But I have watched you work and have seen you living up to your values. I have learned to love you very much over the last five or so years."

"Charlie, I also have fallen in love with you, but hadn't thought that there would ever be any chance of this happening. Thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me."

****************

The marriage was small, and informal. Instead of a honeymoon they decided to simply start out their married life in the apartment over the store. To say that they had a healthy sex life would be an understatement. Jason had a lot to learn, in that line, and Sue was an excellent teacher. Within the first five years they had three children.

****************

That all happened about twenty years ago. Jeff and Yvonne passed away, and the house was left to Sue. Sue and Jason moved into Jeff and Yvonne's house. They followed on in Jeff's footsteps and dedicated their lives to helping other people that society had decided weren't worth anything. In this work they gained much joy.