Lost Empire Ch. 40

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I just kept my mind busy with everything I was doing. You might think about what you will have to do when you and your ship are reunited." Greeson replied.

"I'm sure that the ship's A.I. would've allowed you to wake me." Mara said.

Holographic Shelby appeared shaking her head no. "I am afraid that Warrant officer Greeson is correct. Your health comes before social visits. I will allow though, for you to be awoken later. That is if you discontinue your struggle against the bio-bed. I can make allowances in that case."

Leaning down Greeson lightly kissed Mara, sending a shock through her system. "I'll see you tomorrow."

"You remember our promise I've done my part, now it's your turn." Mara reminded him.

"I remember, I'll do my damnedest to come back after all this." Greeson told her, and then walked out.

Walking in the training area Dempsy was waiting. Looking up at Greeson's approach he nodded at the look of determination on the young man's face. Finally! Perhaps now they could get in a few good days. Again Dempsy hoped it was enough to keep the boy alive long enough for him to get there and finish her off.

As soon as they started Dempsy could see that Greeson was more serious than he'd been to date, good! Perhaps there was hope for him after all. Dempsy was nodding when Greeson got through his defenses for the very first time striking Dempsy's arm. Finally Dempsy thought, as he increased his speed.

For the next several hours both men went at each other fighting almost to a standstill. Suddenly stopping Dempsy held up a hand. "You are finally fast enough, now I can start to teach you the techniques I have been wanting to. Remember do not be deceived by her attempts to gain mercy. She has no such word in her vocabulary."

For the next few hours Dempsy started to teach the first of several techniques that would save his life if worse came to worse. The whole time he had Greeson doing nothing but the technique getting faster and faster 'til Greeson was almost a blur. "Good now continue 'til I return." Dempsy told the man.

Walking out Dempsy made his way back to the med bay. "May I be permitted to speak to Captain Callie?" Dempsy asked Holographic Shelby. Who only nodded yes.

Mara looked over to see Dempsy at the door. My god she thought as she saw the silver oak leaves on his collars. He really was a colonel!

Greeson saw her staring and grimaced. "Yeah, he tricked me again gave me these earlier today. I hate being an officer have always been a follower. Might be what my master meant when he said I was ready. Though 'til this is over, I don't feel that comfortable yet." Here Dempsy bowed to her. "I am here to thank you. Your presence and actions seemed to have inspired Greeson to a higher level. One I was hoping he reach sooner."

"Me?" Mara replied shocked.

Nodding Dempsy continued. "You seem to bring out the best in him. I am grateful." Bowing again Dempsy left a completely bewildered Mara.

The next day over Earl Tauntoff's planet ten ships parked in orbit. Derrick could only shake his head at the report that he'd received about two ships that had battled near the moon. The fact that no one could detect them let him know that it had to be the sect and Trianas. Great he thought as if one wasn't bad enough now they both were here.

Dempsy appeared a moment later. "Yes sire you called for me?"

"I've received a report about a ship battle near the moon of this planet. Anything look familiar," Derrick asked.

Dempsy was nodding then his eyes narrowed. "So they both are here. Perhaps it is finally time to put my past shame behind me." Bowing low Dempsy said, "I thank you sir, it ends soon one way or another, it ends soon."

"Before you go," Derrick said as he handed Dempsy two silver bars with three lines on them."Please give these to Greeson. I think Chief warrant officer 3 is more befitting."

Dempsy smiled as he said thank you as he headed back to the training room.

12