Love All Consuming

Story Info
Their parting was agony, their reunion was ecstasy.
4k words
4.46
14k
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It felt like dieing. His heart had been torn into a thousand different pieces, and he'd fallen dead on the ground not even bothering to try picking them up. He just lay there staring at them, numb and unable to move. The fall wasn't a long one; David only stood five feet six inches tall, but it felt as if he'd just jumped from the top of a New York Skyscraper. The impact had been shattering to say the least.

For a brief moment in life David had found what everyone looks for, but few ever find. David had found his soul mate, the one person in the world capable of making him feel truly complete, and then he had lost her. He was only 16 at the time. Lizzy had been a year younger. She was the new girl in school. An army brat; she was very shy. She'd never been anywhere long enough to have many lasting friendships and generally avoided people. She stood 5'1" tall at the time with short dark black hair, beautiful hazel eyes and pale white skin, which contrasted wonderfully with the color of her rich pink lips. She wore an expression of aloofness on her face, and generally didn't like to be bothered. On the rare occasion that her stare and body language weren't enough to scare people off she knew exactly what to say and do to get rid of them. Being the daughter of a career Military Man, she knew well how to take care of herself.

David was a far from average kid living a pretty average life for the first time in a long time. He'd gone to a private school for most of his life where he'd had about two good friends. He'd never been popular, and never really had the desire to be. David liked who he was and wasn't about to change for anyone. He'd been picked on because of this, but he knew how to stand up for himself. Eventually he'd learned how to stop being so hot headed and let things go a bit more. Rather than viewing derisive comments with anger, he'd learned to see them as stupid and laugh at them. When he finally went back to public high school, for the first time in his life he'd found himself able to fit in with an entire group of friends. They weren't popular either, but they weren't unpopular. They shared his interests, and he generally enjoyed their company. For the first time in a long time he'd felt really at ease with his life. That is, until he met her.

Now everyone noticed Lizzy, it was impossible not to. She was just too beautiful, but what David found gripping about her wasn't just her beauty. When David looked at her he saw the sadness in her eyes. The sadness she was trying so hard to hide behind that stare. He'd worn that same stare himself for much of his life, especially his childhood. It was the stare of someone for whom human contact only ever led to misery. He now knew that this wasn't always the case. He felt for her. He smiled deeply when he saw her twist the arm of some jock who'd been bothering her until the poor fool fell to his knees begging her to let go. Again what he noticed was the look in her eyes, the menacing look that said stay away if you know what's good for you. It brought back images of his childhood fighting days.

Now David had never been particularly brave around women before, and though this one above all others should have had him running for the hills, he found himself much more comfortable with the idea of talking to her than to anyone else he had ever met.

Now David wasn't anywhere near the most handsome guy in school, but he was still a pretty good looking young man. Women tended to call him cute rather than hot. He had short dark brown hair, deep dark brown eyes, and pale white skin. He wasn't overly muscular, but he was certainly physically fit. He was slim, but quick and flexible, and he had a smooth gentle face.

The first things Lizzy noticed about him were his eyes and his smile. His eyes seemed to hold such a vast amount of knowledge and empathy in them. They were so deep she felt she could very easily get lost in them. His smile was just so genuine, so caring and happy that she couldn't help but be cheered by it. She had to work very hard not to let it show.

He first approached her in Science class. She was a year ahead in that, and had her sites set on eventually becoming a doctor.

"That was pretty nice" he said referring to the incident with the boy who'd tried to harass her just before class. They had been told to pick lab partners, and while she scared most people away, he'd gone straight to her.

"That was a warning."

"And a good one." He said smiling. "I'm impressed."

"But not particularly bright, are you?"

"Are you kidding I'm the brightest person in the room because unlike the others I chose you for a lab partner and you're the smartest person here. Don't even bother denying it. You're in an honors science class a grade above you." He said smiling even more brightly.

"You think you're pretty clever, don't you?"

"Smarter than some I guess, not as smart as others."

"Alright smart guy, just grab a beaker and get to work." She said and almost smiled before she caught herself.

Success, he'd never been so elated in all his life. She wasn't pretending to hate him anymore. It was a relatively small victory, but he'd take it.

For her part, Lizzy was a little annoyed with herself. She was beginning to like this kid and that was never a good thing for her. Something in his eyes told her that he could see right through her and that really scared her. Whatever it took she could not afford to let him see how she was feeling. She'd almost smiled at him for Pete's sake. What was wrong with her? After that she didn't talk through the entire lab except to give directions.

For his part David just obeyed, occasionally commenting on the experiment, offering up different suggestions on what to do, and commending her on the precision with which she did things.

Lizzy thought he was smart and sweet, but she tried to convince herself that it was all an act.

Over the next couple of months David continued to partner with her in lab, and slowly he started getting her to open up more and more. It turned out that they had a lot in common. They had similar taste in music and movies, similar philosophies about life and political ideologies. When he finally asked her out she didn't even have to think about it.

Of course they wound up falling head over heals in love with one another. She loved his complete and unabashed openness and acceptance of everything. He had a good heart and he was exceptionally sweet.

For his part, he loved her for her never ending lust for life. She was so easily able to appreciate the little things in life. She loved going on adventures as much as she did just going to the movies or eating pizza. What's more she had a very good heart. Underneath her façade she was really very kind and compassionate. She was a wonderful person and he adored her.

The time came when they confessed everything to one another. After that they couldn't bare to be apart. The taste of her lips drove David crazy, and the comfort of his arms made Lizzy feel safe. Then one day it all ended. Lizzy's father had been reassigned again and she was forced to move with him. She wept for an entire night. David just felt shattered. He promised he'd see her again though. He vowed he'd find her some day, and that he would never forget her as long as he lived. Then he said goodbye with the sweetest and saddest of kisses he'd ever had the pleasure to be a part of, and watched her drive away feeling, as was said before, like he had just died a thousand deaths, his heart shattered into a million pieces.

Time went by and neither was ever the same. Lizzy never let anyone in again. This blow had destroyed her. She'd had other relationships and been with men, but none had ever been allowed to touch her heart the way David had.

David tried to let others in eventually, but he felt like there was a great big hole inside him that no one else could ever fill no matter how hard they tried. He became a Property Manager for several buildings in New York City. He had a reputation for making big ideas become practical realities. He was really on his way up.

Having gone to and graduated from college at an early age, Lizzy was able to graduate from Medical School at the age 25 and become a doctor like she'd always wanted. When they met again 10 years had passed since their parting.

David had a very gifted cousin who attended Columbia University on a scholarship. He was studying to become a doctor like his parents before him, and had landed an internship at the hospital. Though they were about 5 years apart in age, David had always seen his cousin as the little brother he never had, and now that he was old enough to go out drinking with David, David frequently invited his cousin out. One night he went to the hospital late to meet his cousin for drinks after work, and while he was waiting for his cousin to finish getting changed, who should walk into the room, but Lizzy. David's heart practically stopped beating. He was speechless.

Lizzy noticed him out the corner of her eye, and immediately felt faint. Breaking the kind of news she was about to break was difficult enough, but this was too much. She felt like she'd just seen a ghost. All the joy of their time together and the immense pain of their parting just came rushing back to her.

She broke the bad news to the patient's family as best she could. He was alive, but the outlook wasn't good. Then she left the room she had taken them to, to face her past head on.

She got up the courage to walk up to him, but once she was there she wasn't sure she had the courage to actually speak. When she did, all she could say was "Hi".

"Hi" he replied feeling like his heart might beat out of his chest and his lungs might collapse all at the same time. "You look amazing. I can't believe you're here. I must be dreaming."

His words touched her, but she had been so hurt the last time. How could she go through this again? Still what she found herself saying was, "You look pretty good yourself. I missed you."

"There's so much I want to say to you, so much I've wanted to say for so long. In spite of all my promises, I never really thought I'd see you again. We have to catch up!" he said beginning to smile, "I want to know everything. God you're a doctor now. That's fantastic! You really made it happen. I'm so proud. When do you get off work? I'm going to a bar around here with my cousin. You must join me."

It was his smile that lightened her anxiety. His joy was overwhelming, and she started to get swept up in it herself. For the first time it occurred to her that she'd really found him and that maybe everything would finally be alright.

"I'd like that." She replied. "I get off work in an hour. What bar are you going to?"

"Ah, I see you two have met." Interrupted a voice that was familiar to both of them.

"Oh, Ben" she said startled slightly out of her reverie, "This is an old friend of mine David, and... Wait, you two know each other."

"Ben is my cousin, Lizzy. He's the one I just told you I was going to that bar with."

"Oh, you've got to be kidding. I mean he's talked about you quite a bit in the past, but he never mentioned your last name. I can't believe this. All this time..."

"Ahhmmm," Ben coughed noting that although he was being talked to, nobody was really looking at him. "I see you really know each other. I've never heard anyone call you Lizzy before Dr. Hunter, at least not without receiving a smack in the head in return."

"You'd better can it, or you're gonna receive one of those smacks yourself buddy. Look David, I really should get back to work, but give me the name of the bar and I promise to meet you in there in an hour. Oh and let me give you my cell phone and pager number just in case anything comes up."

"Good idea, I'll give you mine too."

They exchanged information and Lizzy left, giving David a surprising hug and kiss on the cheek before she went. She barely glanced at Ben as she passed him. All of the sudden, for the first time in years she felt alive again.

David and Ben exchanged looks as she left.

"You know you're going to have to explain this to me right?" Ben said.

"Yeah, I know. Come let's grab some drinks and I'll tell you all about it."

They went to the bar and sat down. Ben was taller than David, and very handsome. He was much more of a player than David ever was. He had light brown hair, stood about 6'1", had a slim fit body, brown eyes and a young face. Add to that the fact that he was always exceptionally gifted and bright, and one could see why he was so desired by women. However, though Ben was a nice guy, he tended to be more than a little childish when it came to women. As far as he was concerned they were put on earth for the sole purpose of making him happy. Sure he wanted to find love, but until he did he was going to have as much fun as was humanly possible. David tried to tell him that unless he started treating women better he probably would never find anything close to love, but the boy was too content with his lust for the moment to hear it. David figured eventually he'd grow out of it and become more serious, but until then there was nothing David could do about it.

David ordered their drinks, and Ben sat patiently waiting for an explanation.

"So," he said, "Let's hear it, what's between you and the good doctor. Don't try to tell me it's nothing either. You're not just old friends. David, she's the ice queen. I've only known her a couple of months, but I've never seen her act that warmly towards anyone. I know something's going on."

"Yes, you do. You know part of this story if you care to remember it. You remember when we were on that family cruise a couple of years ago and you asked me if I'd ever been in love before?"

"This is her? The one who broke your heart?"

"Yes."

"Wow!... That's right; she used to beat you up when you did something stupid right. Oh my God, it makes perfect sense."

"I never said she beat me up. She hit me; a punch on the arm or a wrap on the head, but nothing overly malicious. It hurt, but not too bad. She was so unbelievably cute when she was angry with me. She'd get all sullen and pouty. And when she was happy, well, she doesn't smile often, but she did for me, and when she did I swear it was like watching the sun come up at dawn. I really loved her. I never thought I'd see her again. You have to tell me about her, what's she like now? How well do you know her?"

"She started her Residency around the same time I started my Internship here, and from what I've seen she's brilliant. I enjoy talking to her because she's very professional and she really knows her stuff. The only time I ever really see her get animated is when she's talking about work. Other than that she's nice, but she tends to keep people at a distance, and if you really annoy her she will give you a wrap on the back of the head. She's a no nonsense type of a person, and there's really no room for mistakes with her, at least in terms of work. Other than that, she's certainly as beautiful as you described her to be."

"Yes, she is. She's grown a bit, and matured some. I think she's even more beautiful than she was before, if that's possible. But come, we've talked about her enough for a little while I think. I'm being rude. How are things going with you?"

They talked for a little over a half hour before she finally arrived, at which point Ben politely excused himself to the two of them and went to flirt with the Blonde at the end of the bar who had been staring at him since he got in.

"Hi." She said nervously. He answered back the same way, and the next thing she knew she was kissing him. She didn't know what had happened, but then he was kissing her back, and it got very passionate, until they were finally broken out of their reverie by the sound of people hooting and whistling all around them. They both blushed and sat at the bar.

No sooner had they sat down, than gazing into each other's eyes they were at it again. "You wanna get out of here?" he said breathlessly, his hand on the back of her head with their foreheads pressed together.

"Good idea. My place. Come." She said taking his hand and dragging him out of the bar after her.

They fell into the cab together and she managed to take her lips away from his just long enough to give the cab driver her address. After that they were all over each other; touching fondling, kissing and caressing with reckless abandon.

He started with one hand on the back of her head and the other feeling her wonderfully soft ass through her skirt. That wasn't enough for long. Soon his soft strong lips and delicate tongue started caressing her neck, her cheeks and her ears, drawing subtle sighs from her as his hand went under her skirt and started caressing her soft hot womanhood through her smooth silk panties.

She gave a start at that. She knew they shouldn't be doing this hear, but a part of her just didn't care. It felt so good and she'd waited so long. Screw it she thought and threw herself into their passion with renewed force; one hand reaching down the back of his pants feeling the soft, firm skin of his wonderful round behind, the other reaching under the back of his shirt caressing his back all the way up to his neck, pulling him closer as she devoured with her soft, silky wet lips every part of him they could reach from his neck to his ears, to his cheeks, to his chin and back to his lips. All the while she grew hotter and hotter down there, pushing back against his warm strong hand savoring her mounting desire, as she devoured his lips, her tongue tasting of his.

He pushed her head up against the back seat, removed his hand from the back of it as the other continued to caress her womanhood, now sliding underneath her panties, and placed slid his hand up her shirt, unhooking her bra and cupping her soft, silky, delicate breasts. They were the perfect size, not too big and not too small. They felt like heaven to touch and he felt he had to kiss her, to give her pleasure in return for the pleasure just being able to feel those soft, round, delicate and sensitive orbs gave him. His head not being near her lips, he decided to kiss the thing that was giving his hand so much pleasure. He started by kissing the side of her breast, sucking it in with his soft wet lips and slightly caressing it with his tongue. He worked his way to the top of the breast and all the way around it, doing the same thing, making her nipples grow harder and harder in anticipation of what was to come. When he finally did devour her nipple with his soft moist lips and his rough wet tongue, simultaneously toying with her other nipple in one hand and rhythmically caressing her soft, hot, wet pussy with the other, the pleasure was just too great to contain.

"Ohhh My God! Ohhhh, Ohhhh, Ohhhh, OOOOHHHHHH! SHEEE! HOOO, HOOO, HOOO, EIIIIII, OHHHHHH, OHHHHHH, OHHHHH!"

Her breath had come out in short labored gasps, the euphoria she felt just kept building, it was unparalleled. He just kept bringing her higher and higher, until finally it burst forth from her like an explosion. She had never cum that hard in her entire life, and they hadn't even had sex yet. She pulled him to her and kissed him fervently on the lips. When they arrived at their destination, he quickly pulled down her shirt, gave the driver a $20 without looking at the fare (though it couldn't have been nearly that much) and pulled her out of the cab.

They ran up to her apartment; where the real fun began. They began undressing one another the instant the door slammed shut behind them, kissing passionately as they did so as if they couldn't bare not to be connected to each other physically for more than a few seconds. This is how they were meant to be. They were supposed to be together and they just couldn't take being apart any longer than they had to be. Being apart so long had left very deep wounds in each of them, and it was as if they were desperately trying to fill them with each other as quickly as possible.

12