All Comments on 'Love & Disrespect: Bridal Advice'

by DFWBeast

Sort by:
  • 133 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good on Terry!! Betty deserves all she is getting

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not so much of a story, but a tale of life, that many can see themselves as the main characters. 5 Stars. Could have been longer but I liked it as it is.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Their marriage was one sided to the extreme. The idea of a wife shutting the husband off from sex permanently and husband accepting it is an absurdity. Not to mention her narcissistic need for control. She was at least a borderline psychopath, probably a full blown psychopath no normal person could tolerate for long.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

not sure why he didn't divorce since as he said the split would be even.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Even if he spends the remainder of his years alone at least divorcing the cow would allow him to be happier and less stressed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I liked it, and thought it was a good read. A little short, but still okay. It felt like a lot of other marriages I've been around, but most of the arguing started around 14 to 16 years into them. Stay married for 30 to 40 years, and you see a lot of changes in a marriage. Add in things like menopause, and it can really have a major effect on a marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

No idea why not divorce. Odd.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story but, like others have said, why not divorce. 4/5

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyalmost 2 years ago

Why not divorce the other comments say? Because he still gets to live in a nice house instead of a shitty apartment with the added bonus of pissing off his wife whom he owes a ton of payback to. It's not the moral or ethical thing to do, but it's probably fun 😊

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

There is an answer called the "big D". But then we would not have an interesting story.

kirei8kirei8almost 2 years ago

I think you wimped out on an ending!

nixroxnixroxalmost 2 years ago

5 stars - Why bother with the expense of a divorce, if you never intend to get married again? About the only necessary paperwork is a legal separation, just in case you win the lottery. Those forms are available on the internet and need to be filed with the court, along with changes in tax documents. Then you can co-habit with someone else, or do anything you choose to do, without fear of reprisal from a vindictive former spouse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The idea that it took him hearing his pig of a wife explain what a cunt she is without having already figured it out in twenty years of being married to the bitch is quite a reach. She deserved being kicked to the curb immediately without any fanfare.

NoSauce4uNoSauce4uover 1 year ago

Quite the toxic wife

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think he over reacted to his wifes drinking bravo. He should of manned uP!

Wavedave45Wavedave45over 1 year ago

At the point where she won't make out like a bandit after divorce. Post wall. The worst possible thing is his indifference and withholding his money. Find someone else? Fine with him. But she won't. It's pretty brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just divorce her. Someone who refuses sex for 2 years to her husband because of power dynamics while she uses a dildo and bot because of a valid medical reason or trauma, is no longer a wife to stay married to. Just split the finances and move on. He already split them. So why stay married in a loveless marriage? It isn't just about the lack of sex, it is her idea of their marriage as a competition. I would wager she is a shrew in other matters outside the bedroom. Move on.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

Typical DFW soft landing after a reasonable start. Maybe even worse than a soft landing, a complete wimp landing. Every single mc this writer produces is a wimp. Why not leave, why let the other bitches off the hook by not presenting what he knows?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One fatal flaw. He clearly not just felt, but knew, that the marriage was finished. Divorcing was Meer paperwork. In real life he would have left.

It started well but your foundation structure collapsed.

StubbyoneStubbyoneabout 1 year ago

OMG, get an editor, or learn to spell. This story has no redeeming value. A whole neighborhood of low lifes. A generous 2, because I reay did dislike it !!😡

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

For those who don't think this is common in a marriage, you are wrong. People stay together all the time for the kids, to share the bills, because it is more comfortable than the alternative. It is sad, yes. But it is also much more common than one would think. This is the reason why men become alcoholics, drug abusers, and abusive.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Betty has really fucked up,and now that Terry knows begins to retaliate.first order of business.Give your son the 411.second order is pay your wife back for such cold an crewel disrespect as he's already doing.Put Betty through the ringer,when you daughter and niece see this woman going into fear an panic,her outburst that she can't control her hus-I mean the dog she's been abusing/training is a lesson they need to learn.hubby/dog has turned an bit the bitch.the sis-inlaw also better learn from this too.these women get to from Betty the consequences,retributions an all out fear.For Terry I say this(To hell with that slut,the finance changed no more gift no pool for that matter.Taking back your power start now.)to the writer I wish you wrote the aftermath of Betty's newly altered marriage in the house? And the other 3women.It's good but the ending affect isn't felt sorry.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Should have used the bitch and her sister to fertilize the roses!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Sad and depressing, and all too familiar. Your writing talent emphasized that.

Keep writing--just maybe a little more upbeat next time?

MLJ

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamer10 months ago

GOOD STORY! I CALL IT A 5, AND AM WAITING FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER. CD

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Can't understand why he stayed with her or allowed her to stay. He came to his senses but only part way. Enjoy all your stories but this one is a little less satisfying in the outcome.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I don’t understand a lot of authors seeming compulsion to have the husband end up with the 2nd or 3rd best option instead of the premium. It’s weird.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19697 months ago

you made that wife very unlikeable. husband was a little too devoted though, should have sought counselling or a divorce.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

And men who talk about the 'little woman' are just like Betty.

Thanks Beast!

RePhilRePhil7 months ago

The depth of characters in this little tail is exceptional. Truly a master class in emotional expression through text. You have such a talent for bringing out both the Ying and Yang of your characters. Sometimes I would think you must have lived the experience. However, with as many diverse stories written, you would have to be 100 years old !! Hahaha

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

"Terry, I'm sorry I said those things."

I noticed the author did not have " the "bitch-of-the year" express any sorrow or regret for the ridicule and humiliation she attempted to use while drowning her husband in a tsunami of crap.

The line the author had the husband use when commenting on the "B-O-T-Y" threat to go out and find herself a lover should be required reading for all potential husbands and wives. It might save a marriage or two. It might also prevent a few.

Ever notice how men and women handle emotional issues with a wife's infidelity differently"? Men generally, seek to separate themselves while they assess the situation and their options. Women scream the men are "pouting", Women on the other hand, not receiving the "oh, we can get through this", scream, run to the bedroom, slam the door closed, run to the bed, fall upon it and cry for hours, all the while blaming hubby for not understanding and not being supportive.

One of the first acts this hubby should have taken, if her pone was paid by him, should have would be to cancel her phone, limiting the number of female support vultures available to her.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

By not kicking Betty out of the marital bedroom, he still showed himself weak and submissive. Never, never, never surrender the marital bedroom to a scheming, manipulative, conniving witch! As for him “stepping out,” the old adage, if you’re not doing the homework, your spouse will find it somewhere else (paraphrased) comes to mind. Frankly, it was commendable he was as patient as he was. When he discovered she was using sex as a weapon to control and manipulate him, his only recourse was to either take what was his, which with today’s fucked up laws would’ve put him in jail for rape, or find it elsewhere.

As for the ending, it was weak, to say the least. Why continue living in a loveless, sexless marriage? Dump the skank and move on.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 2 months ago

I just don't understand why he doesn't divorce her and take the money from the house? Get his own place. Spend his money on the things he likes?

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDFWBeast@DFWBeast
Most of my stories fit in the "Loving Wives" category. Primarily they're "cheating wives/ revenge/ possible reconciliation" type stories. You'll rarely find stupid, clueless wives or weak, whipped husband's in my stories. What you'll find is flawed wives...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES