Love & Disrespect: Early Release

Story Info
Wife and SIL try to put controlling husband in his place.
10.6k words
4.45
183.3k
272

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 11/03/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DFWBeast
DFWBeast
2,008 Followers

Author's Note: Another story in the Love & Disrespect series, a set of short stories focusing on varying types of disrespect in marriages and the resulting fallout. Levels of infidelity without actual intercourse and other forms of betrayal will be explored. These stories will appear in various categories (primarily Loving Wives and Non-Erotic) depending on the story's sexual focus and if the story revolves around cheating or not.

Warning: Most of these are flash stories so they won't end all neat and tidy. This one is a little different, since it's more developed than most will be. It still doesn't have a definitive ending, but it should be pretty easy to figure out. Also, there is no graphic sex in this story.

My thanks to blackrandl1958 for her editing. Also need to thank outofshadows and Mostera1 for making this a better read. Any errors you find are mine... you know why.

*****

They say opposites attract, and I guess there's something to that. Shelly and I certainly are polar opposites in most areas, but I thought we were in complete agreement in the most important ones. That's probably where I went wrong... I thought.

I sat in my in-laws' living room, staring silently at the four of them. My mother and father-in-law, Peggy and Brian Johnson, quietly studied me. My wife's older sister, Maggie, sat and glared, while my wife of three years sat silently pleading with me with her deep green eyes. Even filled with tears, they always seemed to sparkle as if she had a secret that was begging to be told.

The reason we had gathered was simple, I'd had my wife served with divorce papers two days ago. That tends to get most people's attention. So, why was her sister there? Well, mainly because she was a main player in the demise of my marriage. I was hoping we could lay all our cards on the table and avoid the endless he said/she said crap most divorces tend to go through. That was my intent; however, I knew the four other individuals sitting across from me had their own agendas.

"Thank you for meeting with me," I started.

"This is quite a surprise for all of us," Brian said. "Shelly has told us what happened, and I can tell you we're both very disappointed in both our daughters. What they did was stupid and childish, but to divorce her because of it seems extreme."

"I understand how you might feel that way, so that's why I'm here tonight. I wanted to get everything in the open so there weren't any misunderstandings. Shelly and I have only been married a few years and we rent, so there shouldn't be much to divide, other than our small bank account. A simple even split should take care of it."

"Don't you feel like you're rushing a bit, son?" Brian said calmly. "What they did was bad, but a divorce?"

"Yes it was bad," I sighed, "but I doubt they told you everything. I'm also sure Shelly isn't seeing everything that's happened, as well. Mr. Johnson, what were you told about that night?"

"Well," he said gathering himself. "We've all known you and Shelly have been fighting these past several months about her relationship with her sister. Shelly said you'd been telling her she spent too much time with Maggie and needed to cut back. You noticed, like we all have, Maggie is still very hurt and angry after her divorce. However, you felt it was affecting Shelly and that's the reason behind your actions. I know you felt that way, since you've talked to Peggy and me about it several times.

"However, a month ago, you started telling Shelly she had to totally stop seeing or talking to Maggie. You demanded she break off all contact with her sister. Since they're so close, it upset both of them very badly. Shelly refused and continued talking to and going out with Maggie."

I nodded. So far, it was accurate. Over a month ago, I'd hired someone to follow Shelly and Maggie for a night. The resulting report wasn't as bad as I'd feared, but it wasn't good either. It'd been obvious that things needed to change before they ended up going too far.

"Then, last Saturday night," he continued, "you and Shelly got into a fight while she was out with Maggie. Some harsh things were said in anger and then my two daughters acted like children and tried to prove their point.

"Shelly said they'd been drinking and came up with the idea to make you realize Shelly was still very attractive to other men. Then, Shelly would tell you that she still chose you, but she'd make her own decisions. It was an incredibly juvenile idea!"

"I certainly won't disagree, but you don't have the entire picture. May I?"

Both parents nodded.

"First, I hope everyone knows how much I love Shelly?"

This time Shelly joined her parents as they nodded. Maggie, however, rolled her eyes and snorted.

It wasn't unexpected. It'd been a rough couple years for my sister-in-law. Her husband of four years, Derrick, had walked out on her and their two-year-old daughter, Jamie, for some little eighteen-year-old from his office. Shelly and I had only been married a year when that happened. Maggie took it hard and her opinion of men now, was they were all bastards and were only out for sex.

I couldn't really blame her for feeling like that, since there are a lot of guys who fit that description. The problem was her hurt and anger had started affecting my wife and our marriage! Maggie and Shelly weren't just sisters, they were best friends. Maggie was a couple years older than Shelly; and my wife idolized her. The past year and a half since her divorce, Shelly had spent more and more time consoling Maggie. It wasn't an issue at first, but several months ago, they started going out every weekend for a Girl's Night Out. Things were okay at first, but then things became strained between Shelly and me.

This last month had been absolutely hell. Shelly and I had been arguing constantly. Then, things exploded last Saturday, after Shelly and Maggie tried to put me in my place. That led to me filing for divorce on Monday and having her served, Thursday afternoon. That, in turn, led to this meeting at my in-laws' house.

My in-laws are pretty decent, but they're as dysfunctional as any other family. Brian is the head of the house, but has a real weak spot when it comes to his daughters. Peggy is usually quiet, but she is the disciplinarian in the family. Fortunately, or unfortunately, they tend to stay out of their daughters' marital problems. While that may be a good thing most times, it didn't help Maggie's marriage, or ours.

"Regardless of whether you believe me or not, I really do love Shelly. When I first met her it was like my world exploded. I'd never met someone so beautiful and full of life."

I turned and stared at my wife. I wasn't exaggerating when I say Shelly really rocked my world. She's a pretty, petite brunette, much like her sister and mother. Not raving beauties, but certainly good looking enough to get the attention of most males in any room they entered.

Shelly was that attractive, popular girl in high school and college who knew everyone and was a friend to most. She might not have been the prom queen or hottest girl in school, but was always in the Top 10. She was usually the life of the party and the de-facto hostess at every event, as well. Interestingly, she's a younger clone of her sister before Maggie's divorce.

Me, I'm cute and even good looking, according to most of my past girlfriends. I'm also more than a little pragmatic. Some would call it being very mature for my age, others would call it anal-retentive. A few of my ex-girlfriends have used the term, asshole. Whatever the label, my life before Shelly was stable and ordered and well... dull.

I'd met Shelly while she was still in college and I'd recently graduated. We waited until she graduated, as well, before we got married.

"I know," I continued, "I said when you married me that you brought color into my life. Of course, I was trying to be romantic, but it was also the truth. You really were my world."

"Todd, don't say it that way! We've got issues, but we can work through this, honey," my wife pleaded. "I'm so sorry I did that to you, but we can get through this. I still love you."

"To be honest, Shelly, I'm not so sure. For a marriage to work, both parties have to want to stay in it. I'm not sure that's the case anymore."

"It is! I promise you it still is."

"Oh please," Maggie groaned, "why don't you jerk her around a little more?"

"Maggie, please!" Peggy said.

"Come on mother," Maggie snorted. "We all know he's always telling her what to do. God, she's more like a servant than a wife!"

"Is that how you still feel, Shelly?" I asked calmly.

Shelly looked like a deer caught in the headlights. This had been a major concern for us before we got married. We'd talked about it back then and had even discussed it many times since. I thought we completed each other. Her strengths offset my shortcomings and my strengths matched well with her weaknesses. She told me she believed that, as well. Apparently, something had changed.

"Umm, sometimes," my wife said weakly as she brushed away a tear.

"I know we've talked about it before, many times," I said gently, "at least back when we were still talking and not yelling at each other."

"Well it looks like you didn't listen, did you?" Maggie sneered.

"Maggie, I know everyone has been trying to give you time to recover since your divorce, but will you shut the hell up!"

My sister-in-law leaned back like she'd been slapped. Just as she was getting ready to lay into me, her father spoke.

"Maggie please," he said calmly, "let's not let this get into a yelling match. No one wins, that way."

"Daddy, I'm not going to let this bastard tell me to ..."

"Maggie, shut up!" Peggy barked.

The immediate silence was unnerving. Maggie sat back and the tears began to flow. I wondered how long it had been since her parents had spoken to her like that. In my opinion it had been way too long.

"Maggie," I said calmly trying to defuse the situation, "I'm sorry you fell in love and married that piece of shit excuse for a man. What he did was wrong, absolutely inexcusable, but not all men are like that.

"I know you think I'm manipulative, but if I was as controlling as you paint me, then why would I have encouraged Shelly to spend so much time with you at the beginning? Why would I stay silently in the background, knowing you were justifiably having a hard time trusting and being around men? If you need confirmation, then ask your sister.

"Whether you believe it or not, I cared about you, and not only because you were my sister-in-law. It pisses me off to see anyone taken advantage of as you were, but after a while, things needed to change because my wife was starting to carry your anger, as well.

"So what was my reward for trying to be a stand-up guy? I got shit on by those I love and those I'm trying to help!

"Brian, I doubt that you have a clear picture of what actually happened that night. So that everyone can see what we're actually dealing with, I think we need to talk about it."

I looked over at Shelly.

"Would you like to tell everyone what really happened?"

"No, not really, but I will."

"Shelly," I said softly, "please be thorough and don't leave anything out."

She sighed and nodded.

"All right, Todd," she said sheepishly. "Too start off with, Dad's right; we were mad at you for trying to break Maggie and me up. I mean, sometimes, Todd, you can be so damn controlling!

"And those girl's nights out? I know it started out with me trying to get my sister out more, but I needed them, too! I needed the time to laugh and cut loose with other women, and Maggie is my best friend!

"So, when you demanded I cut all communication with her, it infuriated me. I felt like you were treating me like a child. I told you I wanted, no, needed, to spend time with her, but you decided I needed to stop seeing her all together!"

"Shelly," I said calmly, "When I tried to tell you it was hurting our marriage, what did you say?"

"I told you she was family and that I couldn't abandon my sister!" Shelly replied.

"And I told you," I said coldly, "that I was your husband."

"Dammit, Todd, it's that uncompromising tone that set me off. What we did wasn't right, it was mean and hurtful. I'm so sorry I went through with it."

"And what, exactly, did you do?"

"I made it appear like I'd been with someone else."

"And how did you do that?"

Shelly looked over at her parents and then Maggie. It was obvious she didn't want to continue.

"I don't think we need to go into details," she softly.

"Well, I think we do," I replied coldly.

"Great, Todd," Maggie said jumping to her little sister's defense, "keep manipulating her like you always do. Maybe you can make her dance like a puppet after you're done."

"Well, Maggie," I seethed, my sarcasm evident, "I wouldn't talk about manipulating her if I were you. I thought you loved your sister."

"I do!" she responded aghast.

"Then whose idea was it to shit all over her marriage?"

Maggie turned away.

"I thought as much," I continued. "So, Maggie, would you like to explain to everyone in detail what my planned punishment entailed? "

"And if I don't?"

"Then I'll tell everyone what I believe happened.

"You're just trying to control this meeting," she snapped.

"True, but this is my meeting isn't it? Now do you want me to describe what I saw?

"No!" Shelly interjected. "What you saw wasn't what really happened."

"So tell us what actually happened."

Shelly continued uncomfortably.

"Maggie and I were out dancing that night and I'd turned off my cell after Todd and I got into it."

"All of it Shelly," I growled, "Don't sugar coat any of it."

I watched her sigh deeply before starting again.

"Maggie and I were at the Blue Moon Club that night dancing. We weren't drunk, but we'd drunk enough not to drive so we stayed at the club longer than normal to sober up a little. It was later than usual, so Todd called to check up on me.

"Since I knew he didn't want me out with Maggie, I felt like he was harassing me. I told him he wasn't my mother and didn't need to keep checking up on me. Then, I hung up on him.

"When he called right back I exploded. I told him he didn't own me and if he kept calling I'd prove it to him and I hung up on him again. When he called an hour later, I turned off my phone. I'm sorry to say that's when we thought of a way to make him to back off.

"I so ashamed we came up with the idea that I'd come home looking like I'd been with another man. After I allowed Todd to think I might've cheated, I'd tell him I hadn't but he'd better cool it with all the demands. I was going reaffirm to him that I was my own woman."

Shelly began crying again.

"It was a stupid, stupid plan and I'm so very sorry."

"So who was it that suggested this plan?" I said coldly.

"We... we both came up with it," my wife stuttered before looking over at her sister. Maggie looked away.

"Go on, Shelly, tell them how you planned to make me think you'd been with someone else," I said, trying to hold back the anger.

"We stayed at the club for another hour or so and right before it closed we went into the ladies room to prepare the evidence for Todd to discover. I removed my panties from under my skirt and put them in my purse. Then Maggie pinched my breasts and butt several times to leave what would look like bite marks."

"Oh my god, Maggie," Peggy cried out, "I can't believe you'd suggest that to your sister after what Derrick did to you and Jamie!"

Maggie looked down silently and began to cry. Brian and Peggy appeared stunned as they stared at their daughters. Shelly pressed on.

"When I got home I wasn't sure if I could go through with it. Do you remember the first thing you said to me that night?"

I nodded. My response hadn't been the cool calm one I'd wanted. I'd hoped I'd be logical and in control, what I ended up being was hurt and seething.

"I asked you where the hell you'd been," I said coldly, "and with whom? I was madder than I think I've ever been at you. You'd come home hours later than we'd agreed on with your clothes and hair all messed up. You'd stopped answering my calls and left me with the threat you were going to show me I didn't own you!"

"I'm sorry, you surprised me," Shelly said softly. "I'd never seen you that way. However, instead of stopping it right there, my anger exploded again. I felt like I was being interrogated, and it pushed me over the edge."

Shelly looked back at her parents but had trouble looking them in their eyes.

"I told my husband it was none of his damn business who I'd been with, but if he wanted to know what had happened, to follow me upstairs. I went into our bathroom and started the shower. When I stripped I could tell Todd saw all the small bruises on my breasts and butt. I could see he also noticed I wasn't wearing any underwear."

"When I asked you where they were," I interjected, "you told me Fred had them."

"Actually, what I said," she said, stifling a sob, "was that Ted had them."

"Sorry," I sneered, "but I was having a hard time breathing and hearing with my heart in my throat and the blood ringing in my ears."

"Oh my god, Shelly," Peggy gasped. "Why?"

"Because I was being a spoiled vindictive bitch!" Shelly bawled. "I should've stopped it right there but I didn't. I had my panties in my purse but I didn't tell Todd.

"When I looked into his eyes I knew I'd gone too far. I could see his immense pain and I panicked. I retreated to the shower to clear my head and figure out what to do next. I let the water wash over me as I began crying. I decided I needed to tell Todd the truth immediately, and I got out of the shower. I was going to show him the evidence was really in my purse and this had just been a cruel charade.

"I put on my robe and went to confess to my husband, but he was already gone. He'd left his wedding ring on the kitchen table and had disappeared."

"You know the rest of the story. I tried to contact him, but he wouldn't return any of my calls. I even tried to stalk him at work, but they said he'd taken a leave of absence for a family emergency. I knew I was that family emergency.

"Then, two days ago, I was served these divorce papers. Now I'm here begging my husband to forgive me and give us another chance. I know I screwed up, but I didn't cheat on him."

"If you say so," I mumbled.

"I didn't have sex with anyone!" my wife sobbed.

"Maybe," I said calmly, "maybe not. However, you wanted me to think you did. Congratulations, you succeeded. Now I'm not sure if you did or didn't.

"I will say it would be a perfect way to cover if you had cheated. Cheat on me and then claim it was only an act. You could even show me the 'evidence' afterwards and even get your sister to back up your story!"

Shelly stared at me in horror.

"But honey, I'd never ..."

"Brian," I interrupted, "Don't you and Peggy always enjoying telling about the elaborate shenanigans Maggie and Shelly used to come up with?"

"But, Todd, those were when they were little," Brian explained.

"Really, are you telling me they didn't pull those kinds of things in high school and college?"

My father-in-law fell silent.

"No," Peggy interjected, "We all know they were notorious for those kinds of things in high school and college."

"Todd," Shelly said her voice breaking, "I swear to God I didn't cheat on you. It was only an act to get you to see you were pushing too hard."

I knew she hadn't cheated on me, at least not on those nights they went out. After getting the first report there was no way in hell I wasn't going to have them watched on the their future nights out. I was fortunate that Shelly and Maggie only went out once a week, since I couldn't afford having her watched every day. This way, I knew where she'd be and when.

DFWBeast
DFWBeast
2,008 Followers