Love: At What Cost

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They went to their rooms and changed. Michelle kept the conversation light as they ate. Thoughts and visions penetrated Linda's brain that never would've crossed her mind at home. For some reason, she felt like she was a different person. More accepting and open minded than the stuffy woman who listed houses for the elite of the small city of Lexington, Kentucky.

Once her eyes were opened, she didn't know if she could close them again, or even if she wanted to. She saw the look of pure envy from some of the women and men who would've loved to get closer to her new friend. She also didn't feel any pressure from the tall, sexy, confident, escort next to her.

Michelle could see the shorter woman's mind tumble with her thoughts. She hated to violate the little cocoon of innocence Linda had around her. Michelle used her talent of figuring people out on Linda for the first time. She loved what she saw, even if she hated doing it.

If she didn't miss her guess, Linda had one maybe two lovers in her life. The most important being her husband. She was a happy wife who doted on her family. She loved once, long and strong. Linda lived the word commitment. She's a woman that Michelle could love forever, if only she returned the feeling.

It was getting late, and Linda kept her water topped off. She wanted her head clear for the conversation she wanted to have with the tall brunette who had befriended her.

"Can we go out on the deck? It's too noisy in here tonight." Linda asked simply and followed Michelle out to the intimate deck setting. Finding a secluded spot...steeling her courage, she had to know.

"So, are you Bi-Sexual and where do you fit in this group?" She asked boldly.

"Sugar, you sure you want to know?" She continued at Linda's nod. "It's a pretty night.... No honey, I'm not bi. There has been only one man I've loved in my life... and that's my father. I'm a girl's girl. I'm kind of middle of the road. Not femme, but not a butch either. I'm me, and happy to be."

"Wow! Um, then why haven't you..?"

"Hit on you?" Michele finished for Linda. "That's easy.... I knew you're clueless. I'm more mature than that... And, like you... I'm not looking for some cheap quickie sex either. I work too hard with my shop. I don't have time for games. So, I come on one of these cruises whenever I can get away, and dream of finding a forever lover."

"Wow," Linda tried to process the information. "Um, yeah..."

"Don't worry Sweetheart; I won't make a move on you. I like you too much to mess up what could be a great friendship over sex. Not that I'm not tempted."

"It must have killed you the other morning!" Linda flashed to her little nude show.

"Don't even go there Sugar. Please!" Michelle smiled. "Well, I need to turn in. It's our first stop tomorrow and I need my beauty sleep. If you want to knock around the shops on shore, look me up." She said; knowing Linda would have to make up her mind if she wanted to be seen with her again. She knew some people couldn't take the fact... Anyway, it had to be Linda's decision and she would honor it.

Linda pulled her knees under her as she watched the tall woman sway away from her. When she was out of sight, she looked up to the stars and let her mind wander. She stared at the stars until she was interrupted by the white haired woman who sat at the Captain's table with her and Michelle.

"It is a beautiful night." She said in her crushed velvet voice. "But I don't know if I'd be out here with her waiting for me in the room."

"What...? No, it's not like that... We're just friends." Linda tried to explain.

"Sweetie, don't try and fool this old girl. I might need tri-focal glasses, but I can still see. She's got it bad and I don't blame her." She added with a wink. "Now... go make her one happy woman, you won't regret it." She said as she tottered off.

"Yeah, I'll just go...." Linda said confused. She walked to her room in a fog. She had never thought... But who said it had to go there. She liked being around the tall woman. No reason to get all.... She slipped into her room, and for the first night in years, she had erotic dreams.

***

It was early and Michelle wanted to sleep in. She had tried to relieve the tension being with Linda built up, but couldn't quite make it there. She wanted the sexy woman two doors down, not the fantasy. Then there was incessant knocking. She couldn't ignore it anymore.

"What? I'm sleeping." She complained as she tried to cover head with a pillow.

"Coffee... I come bearing coffee." Linda said in a sing-song voice. "Time to get up, breakfast then beaches and fun all day."

"Ugg, No one should be that chipper in the morning." Michelle complained as she opened her door, still in her silk nighty, to the smell of the hot Mocha in Linda's hand. "Oh, chocolate, you should have said so... I love chocolate. Give." She grabbed for the steaming mug, and then stumbled back to her bed, taking a sip.

"MMMmmmm, Better..." She took a drink from the covered mug, "wake me next week." Michelle slumped back into her bed.

Linda, acting like a kid, for the first time in over a decade; jumped on Michelle's bed, bouncing the thinner woman off the mattress. "Come on, there are beaches, shops and fun to be had. I'll even wear that string thing you made me buy... It's time to go explore."

"Really...?" Michelle asked, opening one eye, not believing her.

Linda smiled as she untied her top and flashed the stripped cup that barely held her large breast in place as her nipple poked out at Michelle.

"I'm up.... I'm up.... You tease. I'll get you for that...." She said as she pulled herself out of bed and headed into the bathroom. "You better be careful Sugar. Not all of us girly-girls can restrain ourselves from temptation."

"Oh, but you promised... So, I know I'm safe with you." Linda laughed at Michelle's look. Lounging on the bed, Linda looked at the bar menu and asked. "So why do all these drinks have a sexual connotation?"

"What?" Michelle asked over the shower.

"You know... a fuzzy navel, sex on the beach, a slow soft screw... I mean even the wine. Look at Liebfraumilsch. It means a young or lovely woman's milk. Depending on how you translate it."

"Are you purposely teasing me Sugar?" Michelle asked, cutting her shower down to the bare necessities.

"No," Linda laughed again. "I was just wondering."

Michelle thought two could play that game. As she walked out nude in front of Linda. "Probably that's what they have in mind when they're giving you the drink." She said as she walked over to her wardrobe.

"Damn, it's not fair. Not a wrinkle or a stretch mark." Linda said breathless. "You must drive the guys and the girls' nuts."

"Hummm..., I take it you plan on being open with me about my sexuality?" Michelle asked with an arched eyebrow, as she picked up her swimsuit.

"Yeah... why shouldn't I? I mean... I like you, and you are who you are. So, if you're okay with it; who am I to judge. I mean you've been great to me and I haven't had a friend in so long...."

"Sugar, don't sell yourself so short. You are temptation personified. We're going to knock them all dead." She pulled on a long one piece suit that left nothing to the imagination. Linda could see the stiff little buds of her nipples and the outline of the cleft between her long legs. Her stomach clenched in response.

"For all the material in that thing, it sure doesn't cover much." Linda breathed.

"Yeah that's the point. I can wear this and watch them all drool over us but won't dare come over to get a closer look. Everyone is going to think we're together. Well, there might be some boys. But they scare away easily enough." Michelle adjusted the suite over her hips and made sure her cheeks were in place.

"This could be fun." Linda giggled.

"Oh, it's going to be.... Frustrating for me maybe, but fun all the same."

"Don't let me get in the way of...."

"I already told you... No one could hold my interest like you... Believe me, not too many women could be as accepting as you are."

"Oh, I didn't know...."

"Let's go..." Michelle said as she wrapped a light shirt over her top, pulled up her shorts up and slid into her open toed sandals. "Don't forget the sun screen. I'd hate to see those mountains of creamy flesh burned." She ogled Linda's cleavage that showed through the thin top.

They laughed, giggled and teased everyone equally. Only the observant bartender knew the girls' game. She had been doing this long enough to know what was happening. Although, she also, looked and drooled right along with everyone else. Both women looked very eatable. She recognized the signs of the budding love affair and wished she could be part of it, even as a third wheel. It had been awhile since her last lesbian orgy.

"Would you like some Sex on the Beach?" She asked the shorter, fuller one with a big smile, trying to set a teasing tone.

"What...? Oh, no, it's a bit open for that..." Michelle burst out laughing as Linda caught the drift.

"No Sugar, do you want one... the drink...!" She giggled as everything from Linda's cleavage up turned red.

"Oh, sorry, no I'd rather some Liebfraumilsch." She smiled at her quip, sticking her tongue out at her friend.

"Coming right up, and you Ma'am?" The cute bartender didn't miss a beat or the banter.

"Me I want the Sex on the Beach.... With her would be nice." Michelle pointed out a busty blond.

"No way, she's not your type." Linda exclaimed, looking at the woman who bounced around unnecessarily.

"Why the hell not...? She's full figured, curvy, but not fat." She looked back at her friend and wished.

"Yeah, if you're into Memorex... You'd have to keep a can of compressed air handy if you wanted to have a conversation longer than the weather or how big her boobs are." Linda told her straight faced.

"What for...?" Michelle asked looking at Linda's ample chest as her mouth watered.

"A refill of course... I wonder if you blow it in her ear, if there would be any resistance." Linda cocked her head in bafflement.

The bartender laughed at Linda's comment as she set down the drink in front of them. "She's got that one pegged. She's more DC than AC anyway. Listen to your girlfriend. I'd be a better bet than her." She winked at Michelle, letting her know she was both teasing and interested.

"I'll keep that in mind, but I don't think my friend is willing to share." She winked back and put a twenty in the tip jar.

As they walked away, Linda was flabbergasted. "Did what I think happen, just happen?" Linda kept looking over her shoulder, watching the bar lady.

"Depends... If you think bar girl just said she'd be interested in one, if not both of us, single or as a pair. Then yeah Sweetie, it happened."

"How could a young sexy thing like that be interested in me? I'm a middle aged housewife." Linda shook her head in confusion.

"I didn't know you married a house." Michelle teased. "I keep telling you, you're temptation personified. You will find with women... we're not as picky about the age thing. We know a good thing when we see it. And you're a knockout."

"Um, I'm hungry... What do you want to eat?" Linda asked blushing.

"Besides you" Michelle said in a sotto voice. "How about surf and turf... We can split it." She brightened.

Michelle tried to behave, but no one, not even her last lover, had been as open about her preferences as Linda. She didn't have to hide anything, other than her obvious attraction to the busty woman. 'God, if she only swung my way!' She thought more than once during the evening.

She watched Linda drink the wine, and hoped she didn't get sloshed like the first night. She didn't know if she'd have the will power. Linda held her hand on the trip back to the ship and asked as they boarded the ship.

"Do you mind, I'd like to go dancing tonight."

"Okay Sweetie, I'll be your second. Let's change into something..."

"Sure... see you in fifteen then?" Linda said as she rushed into her room.

"You glutton for punishment... Fool, she's going to break your heart if you let her. Chump, sap, stooge...!" Michelle bitched at herself has she got dressed in a nice outfit, leaving off the uncomfortable bra. "I must've gotten more sun than I thought." She said to the mirror as she checked her make-up.

Linda looked stunning in her new summer dress. Michelle had to do a double take when Linda passed in front of a lighted room. She wondered if she realized she forgot her panties... there was no hiding the brown tuft of hair, or what it pointed to through the thin material.

Michelle made sure Linda didn't drink too much as they danced to the fast songs. Linda was feeling warmer and warmer. She wanted... She didn't know what she wanted, but she didn't want the night to end.

The band announced that they were going to slow things down a bit. Michelle, willing to lead Linda off the dance floor, started toward a free table. Linda took two steps, and then stopped in the middle of the dance floor. The soft slow music started and she pulled on Michelle's hand.

Michelle looked back confused. "Let's dance." Linda said pulling on the hand in hers.

"Are you sure?" Michelle asked as her heart hammered in her chest.

"Yes, it's only a dance. I won't step on your toes... I promise." Linda smiled up at the taller woman, oozing emotion.

"I'm going to regret this, but if you want to." Michelle pulled the shorter woman into her arms as they meshed together and swayed to the music, ignoring the looks and gasps around her. One song led to two. Halfway through the second, Linda rested her head on Michelle's breasts. She heard the heart beat beneath her ear and her head spun.

By the third song, the rest of the dancers, realizing something special was going on, let them have the middle of the floor uncontested. Most watched as the two women cuddled and swayed, oblivious to the world around them. Linda didn't even realize when she lifted her head and reached for Michelle's lips.

Michelle was lost to those eyes and leaned in. The kiss was soft at first, hesitant. Then Linda deepened it. Michelle didn't have a choice. For the rest of the song, they stood there lost in that first kiss. Neither one was aware of what was happening around them.

At the end of the song, they were jarred to awareness by the applause. They thought at first, it was for the band. As they pulled apart, they realized it was for them. For the first time in longer than she cared to remember, Michelle blushed.

"Let's go." She hissed to her stunned companion. Applause followed them as they left the ballroom.

Linda had to almost run to keep up with the long legged Michelle. They entered her room, knowing Michelle used the key she gave her. She snapped to attention when the tall woman tried to release her hand.

"Don't... Don't let go..." Linda said holding tight to her hand.

"I can't... I... want...." Michelle stuttered as Linda pulled the tall woman back into an embrace.

"Don't go.... Please don't leave me...." She begged, not knowing what she was begging for. Her mind was on fire and all she knew was that she needed the tall woman in front of her.

"Are you sure Sugar? Once you cross this bridge you can't uncross it." Michelle was afraid of the no, but terrified of the yes.

Without releasing her, Linda took the step and closed her door. Feeling a power she didn't know where it came from, she became the aggressor just long enough to pull the taller Michelle into another deep kiss. Michelle groaned and stopped resisting.

By the time they made it to the bed, Michelle's top was off and Linda's dress lay in tatters on the floor. They fell into the bed and consumed each other with kisses. Michelle fought to release Linda's full ripe breasts so she could feast.

Linda's inexperience showed, but she compensated with a passion, that now loose, could not be contained. Her mind and body burned at Michelle's touch. Her mouth looked to suckle the pert high nipples of her new lover. She gasped out when she was penetrated by her lover's hand. She flung back as her first orgasm seized her body.

Michelle took this opportunity to taste the dripping cleft that had teased her mind since she first saw it. No one could ever confuse the sounds coming out of the suite. It was unmistakable passionate lovemaking at its purest. Michelle taught and Linda learned.

Linda, not being able to take anymore, forced the tall woman over as she gave her sensitive sex the rest it needed, as she fed on the long woman in front of her. She never hesitated as she came lip to lip with Michelle's sex. She drank like her life depended on the juices her lover fed her.

By the time they collapsed, they lost count of the times they crested the mountain and fell over into bliss. Michelle had never been so well loved in her life. All she could do was hold on and hope she survived the fall.

Linda envisioned her husband smiling down on her as she cuddled the warm soft body next to her. She had no reservations left. She accepted the love given and received. She never dreamed her life would take this turn, but was too content to worry about it.

Michelle woke up first. She wasn't used to having someone in bed with her. As soon as her eyes opened, she dreaded Linda's response to what happened the night before. She hated the thought of the rejection of an unwanted drunken interlude. She wished she had more will power. She stiffened when she felt Linda start to move.

Linda didn't want to wake up, but she had to pee. She stretched and felt Michelle's body and smiled. It wasn't a dream. She had made love to the tall sexy woman and enjoyed every second of it. She pulled the warmth closer to her and opened her eyes. She saw the clouds in Michelle's. She didn't hesitate as she leaned up and kissed her and watched as shock overcame doubt.

"HHHmmmmm, no regrets then Sugar?" Michelle asked the sexy woman who held her gaze. "I... you were drunk and I couldn't... I was afraid...."

"Why should I regret one of the best experiences I've ever had? I was tipsy, not drunk. I knew what I was doing when I ripped off your shirt." Linda said looking at the mess they made. "I wonder if I can fix that dress, I really like it."

"Oh God Sugar...! I'll make you ten just like it." Michelle said as she pounced on the woman in front of her.

"Mmmm, you feel good, but I have to pee." Linda said prosaically. She got up, unashamed in her nakedness in front of her new lover. "So what do you want to do today Babe?" She asked, as her water hit the bowl.

Michelle's heart thudded at the endearment. Never such sweet words had she heard. "Stay in bed, order room service, and make love to you all day." Michelle answered truthfully.

"Hum, that sounds nice, but I think we'll need clean sheets before long." Linda said as she swapped places with her tall lover. "I never thought... Where do we go from here? I never thought I could love again..."

"Sugar, take your time. I know this is new to you, but make sure this is what you want. They say these cruises can be potent, but there is a real world waiting when we get home."

"I don't even want to think about that yet. I just want you..." Linda said as she came up and kissed Michelle with less heat, but more emotion than the night before.

Hours later, Linda pulled Michelle into the shower. They were getting overly ripe. She took her time getting to know her lovers body. She had learned new and exciting ways to please Michelle. She wondered if it was too soon to tell her that she was in love with her. Just like with Tim, once that barrier was breached, there was no turning back. She knew it would all work out. It had to. There was no putting the genie back in the bottle now.

Michelle reveled in the simple open way Linda made love to her. There was no holding back. It was all or nothing and she was close to drowning in the all. Her head was telling her that she needed distance, before she completely lost herself. But her heart said it was already too late. This innocent homemaker, she'd never met before this trip, had already penetrated all her defenses. She worried that when they got home, in the light of the real world, if this illusion would shatter like a sugar snowflake hitting the ground.

123456...8