Love Comes Second Ch. 01

Story Info
A prince and a princess meet.
3.8k words
4.11
43k
28

Part 1 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/01/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***This chapter has no sexual content, only background and build up. My next chapter will contain sex, and it will contain some kinks and reluctance. That is why I've put it in the "NonConsent/Reluctance" section.***

I am sorry in advance for any historically incorrect things in this story. Also, there are a few factually incorrect things in this story that I know of, but for the purpose of the plot I found them necessary (such as when the female characters cannot become impregnated if they are not "bleeding", aka on their period).

*****

Chapter I

Jade

There's just one day until I meet my future husband. Rumors are that he's a handsome man, in both spirit and body. My hope is not high, but not many princes have a face so highly talked of.

The day goes as the last week has. I wake to my friend and servant, Mary, laying next to me. She helps me dress in my fine clothes. Afterward, we walk out into the crisp air. I keep expecting it to snow, but not a single snowflake has fallen during our journey.

My father talks about my duty to our kingdom - how this union of hearts will form a much-needed alliance. I have heard this before, he has been seeking a prince worthy of such a "gem" as I since my 14th winter. That has taken a while, given I'm just past my 18th.

Since Mary has not yet learned to ride, she climbs behind me on my horse. We stay in the middle of our party as we ride towards castle Lunarsoun.

As the sun falls beyond the horizon, the soldiers escorting my family and I set up our makeshift rooms. Mary and I lay under our blankets together, keeping each other warm against the cold night outside. I have trouble falling asleep with all of the fear coming to life in my stomach and mind. I close my eyes and fall into a dream of meeting a homely, small man.

Upon my wake, I hear everyone packing up our belongings. Mary and I step out into the cold air and we look around. Beside our tent is a small bowl of food for Mary and me, everything else is all packed.

"Why did no one wake me?" I ask, confused.

"We thought that you should have some more sleep so you look well rested," my mother explains.

I don't object, the extra sleep was appreciated. After we eat, we climb onto my horse, Dream - a beautiful mare colored dappled grey - and make our way toward the castle again.

It's mid-noon when we see the castle, my future prison, of the throne Lunarsoun. My father and mother look at me in unison with true smiles of pride and anticipation, while my brother looks at me with sorrow and loss. I think of how my other siblings will react when they arrive in a few days, missing them already.

---~~~---

Douglas

My door is opened by my servant, Luke, just as the sun rises.

"My lord, it is time for you to get up and bathe. The queen has sent me to tell you Princess Jade and her family will be arriving soon," he says humbly.

I look to my side and see the woman from the stables, asleep and snoring loudly, is still next to me. She should've already left, she cannot be seen leaving my chambers, especially today.

Luke sees my annoyance and pulls the girl out of the bed, still unclothed. She wakes and groans in disappointment then looks around, seeming confused by her surroundings. As she sweeps the room with her eyes, they finally land on my own. In a helpless fluster she throws on her rags.

"I-I-I'm sorry my lord, I should not have been here," she stammers, afraid of how I may react.

"Luke, please make sure my sheets are washed. I will take a bath once I have woken fully," I say, not looking at the servant girl again.

He nods his understanding and shoos the girl away before returning to gather my sheets. He runs out to throw the silks and other bedding into the large basket in a room across the long hall.

Once he is back he hands me my robe and I shuffle to my bathing room.

After I am clothed I'm brought to the gate to welcome my future wife. The gates open and a woman in a red dress and a black coat rides in on her grey horse. Her father dismounts and comes to her side to help her do the same.

I was told she is 18 winters. I have just turned 19, making me not much older than she. I expected a woman without decent looks, if any at all. I could not be more wrong.

Her being radiates a beauty that almost buckles my knees. Her hair is the most intricate combination of brown, red, and blonde. It falls in loose curly waves that stop at the bottom of her ribs. Her skin is a soft white, with just a little tan. As she dismounts, her coat catches, causing it to rip away. With her back to us I can see her bottom accentuated, and it's so tantalizingly perfect. She turns to face us and her father removes his coat to wrap around her. Her breasts are the best size - about a handful. From her breasts, her waist slowly flares out to show dainty hips. She's blushing softly and looks me in the eyes. I see them widen and the deep blue stuns me for a moment. My eyes drift down to her cute nose and full, pink lips. I'm completely entranced.

I smile wide and bow deeply letting out an internal sigh of relief.

---~~~---

Jade

We come to a stop in front of the king, queen, and prince.

My father comes to my side to grab my hand and help me off my horse. My stupid coat catches on the saddle and rips from my shoulders, leaving me shivering in the cold air. I feel something soft wrap around me and look up to my father placing his large coat over my small frame.

I turn to step forward then look up to see the man I'm to share my life with.

He's staring at me with an expression of shock and attraction. I look him up and down and widen my eyes at his incredible stature. His hair is brown and blonde. His eyes are green and gold, making me gasp inwardly at their beauty. He has a small, neatly trimmed beard that's slightly red and a smile to make any woman swoon. His shoulders are proud and masculine, his body following suit. He stands almost a head taller than me and he has a dominant aura to him.

I smile wide and curtsy as he bows.

A man dressed in subtle clothes comes forward to announce our names.

"May I present, King Theodore, Queen Laura, Prince Braeden, and Princess Jade of throne Solace," he pauses for a few seconds for us all to bow and curtsy before continuing.

"King Jeffery, Queen Anne, and Prince Douglas of throne Lunarsoun," we all bow and curtsy again before stepping forward. Our parents speak to each other while I pretend to listen, sneaking glances at Prince Douglas.

---~~~---

Douglas

After all the niceties are exchanged, talk of the ceremony begins. My father escorts the Solace's to our social hall while the kings and queens discuss the details of the upcoming wedding.

Once everyone is seated, my father tells his servant to get some wine. He comes back in with a bottle and seven glasses. He pours six of them for the kings, queens, Braeden and me, then leaves the last one for Jade. Jade looks at her father as if asking permission. He pours her a glass and she sips it.

After some time, I ask Jade and Braeden if they'd wish to have a small tour. Jade nods enthusiastically and her brother follows, Mary following not too far behind.

I open the door to our expansive library and hear the princess gasp. She looks at me, her face lit up, and asks permission to explore freely. I laugh softly and nod. She curtsies then I watch her walk so quickly she's almost running to the nearest shelf to inspect the books. Her brother walks calmly to her and they start speaking in whispers.

We finish the tour off in the guest wing, where they will be staying the next four nights. We hear voices down the hall and I realize it must be time for everyone to retire.

"It looks like you have the same thought as I, son. We all need our rest," my father says, escorting the king and queen to the hall. We say our goodnights and leave it to the servants to escort the family to their separate rooms.

I reach my chambers and disrobe before climbing into my bed, tired from the day's events. Luke comes in the room to place firewood in the hearth.

"She's very beautiful, my lord," he states.

"That she is Luke. Though, she seems too naive and young to understand what marriage entails. I don't believe she knows what's to happen on our wedding night," I replied sleepily. He only nods in reply and exits the room, allowing me to sleep.

---~~~---

Jade

We enter the library and I feel my heart burst with joy. Oh, how I love books. I ask prince Douglas if I can explore and he agrees. I feel like running but restrain myself. My brother comes to my side and whispers softly.

"I don't like the way he looks at you, Jade. He seems to be eating you with his eyes."

"Braeden, that's ridiculous. He's just looking in admiration, I'm sure," I reply.

"Lust and admiration are two different things, my sister. I fear his lust will get the better of him when it's time to consummate, he may not then have a gentle bone in his body," he looks me in the eyes, worried.

"I'm sure he'll be understanding, I'm not yet bleeding so there won't be use in consummating the marriage right away."

"With a woman as beautiful as you, he won't just require you for heirs. I can promise you that," my eyes widen at the thought and he touches my back softly. "I'm just trying to prepare you. I'm young, but I know how these things work. I saw it in Sady. After she married, her husband had her for more than to produce heirs. Our sister will tell you when she arrives. Sady does have experience."

The day moves on, and I find myself in a long hallway which is lined with doors and branched with smaller hallways. Prince Douglas is about to say something before we hear other voices. My mother and father walk forward, the king and queen not too far behind. We all say our goodnights. My parents, my brother, and I then are escorted to our own rooms. After I have my bath I lay in the big bed with Mary, giggling about the prince.

"I am scared about our wedding night, my loyal friend. Do you think... it... will hurt?," I ask.

"I would not know, my lady. For your sake, I hope not," she says, petting my cheek softly. This, for some reason, changes my view of the prince. I no longer yearn for his closeness.

We drift off to sleep not long after that, holding each other close for warmth.

---~~~---

Douglas

The next few days are chaotic. Guests are arriving and escorted to their rooms. They complain about this or complain about that. I decide I can't handle one more distant relative complaining about the softness of their sheets, so I ask Jade if she'd like to ride with me around the outside of the castle. She agrees reluctantly and we set off on our horses.

Thunder, my black steed, has not been ridden in quite some time. He's eager to get out of the gates and run like we normally do. Jade's horse, Dream, seems to have the same idea, so I ask if she'd like to allow them to get some energy out before we continue our ride. She nods and we set off, Thunder easily passing Dream.

We end up at a small waterfall not too far from the castle. I help her off her horse and tie them closer to the water so they can drink. I come back to guide her to a rock by the edge of the small lake.

She's dressed in green, her black coat sewn back to its former state so she can wear it. Her hair is pulled back into a loose French plait that lays on her back.

"You look very beautiful today, princess," I say, looking into her eyes when she turns her head. She smiles weakly as I wonder what may be wrong. "Is something the matter?"

She pulls her hood over her head, blocking the cold wind coming from behind us. "No, my prince. I'm just tired, the bed is not what I'm used to, though it is lovely," I nod again, not sure what to say.

We get back to the castle so we can meet with our seamstresses for our final alterations on our wed clothing.

---~~~---

Jade

My siblings arrive two days later, each with their gifts for my upcoming wedding. We talk and laugh for hours that day in my room.

I pull Sady aside, "What should I expect as far as... consummating.. Goes?" I ask awkwardly.

"I wish not to scare you, but to warn you. Men do not seek women for love, not at first. They seek sex. If you're ready, if you're not ready... they don't care. They will have sex with you no matter your preferences. My advice is to be quiet, it'll be over soon enough. Don't fight, it will hurt worse. You will not love him, not until he starts wanting your pleasure. But that won't be until you've pleasured him enough times for him to care about you. Sex first, in their minds. Love comes second."

My eyes tear up as I nod in response, scared through and through. Sady holds my face in her hands and kisses my forehead. "It'll be alright, baby sister, it'll be alright," she whispers.

In the middle of the day before our wedding, the prince finds me and asks if I'd like to ride with him. I want to stay away from him, my brother's and my sister's words ringing in my ears. But I can't decline, it would only anger him and my parents.

Once we are mounted, he suggests we allow our horses to get rid some energy by running them. I nod and we set off, him going faster. I debate on turning around and leaving but think it better to try and win his heart before our wedding night. Maybe then he'll be softer.

He leads me to a thickly wooded area and my heart beats harder and faster. I continue following him and the trees stop to reveal a clearing which contains a small waterfall and a beautiful small lake. We stop and he helps me off my horse, then ties both horses to a nearby branch next to the water so they can drink and rest.

He comes back to take my hand and lead me to a rock on the edge of the water. He smells amazing and looks it too. His hair is getting a bit curly from being wet from the snow. His attire is grey and well fit, showing his body more defined than his clothes yesterday.

"You look very beautiful today, princess," he says, starting conversation. He looks into my eyes when I turn my head to look at him. I try to force a smile out to thank him for the compliment. "Is something the matter?" he asks, seeing the falseness of my smile.

I feel a wind from behind me that sends an unnoticeable shiver down my spine. I pull my hood over my head to block the cold wind coming from behind us. "No, my prince. I'm just tired, the bed is not what I'm used to, though it is lovely," I lie, hoping he'll leave it at that.

Once we return to the castle I go to my room where my seamstress meets me for the last time. I put on the white gown, intricate flowers of lavender and red embroidered on the dress, accentuating my figure in the most flattering and classy way. My siblings and parents come to see me before retiring for the night. When they open the door they gasp at the dress and my radiant beauty as I wear it.

"My beautiful child," my father says softly, stepping forward to place his hand on my cheek. "You look like a queen," he smiles wide and kisses my other cheek, still cupping my face. I blush at his compliments and reply with a small thank you.

They soon leave me and not too long after, my seamstress raises from her knees and smiles.

"All done, my lady," she says proudly.

I look down and smile, "It is absolutely beautiful, thank you," I reply. She helps me out of the dress and leaves so I can rest. I fall asleep quickly with Mary by my side.

"My princess, it is time to wake up," Mary says, shaking me awake softly.

"Just five more minutes?" I ask groggily, turning over so my back is toward the sun that's shining through the window.

Mary laughs softly. "I'm sorry Princess Jade, but you must. You have much to do before your wedding. I have already drawn your bath. I'm here to help you in any way you wish. It is your day to shine in front of two kingdoms. Now, get up!" she giggles and pulls my bedding away from my body. I squeak as the cold air hits my warm skin. Scowling, I get up and walk with her to the bathing room.

About three hours later I'm seated on a velvet stool, Mary behind me as she twists and braids and pulls my hair into some elaborate piece of art. She really has a talent for this kind of thing. My mother weaves red and lavender flowers into my hair as a servant girl I saw in the stables puts on my new, white shoes.

Once everyone has stopped poking and prodding me, I turn towards the door where my father is standing. He walks to me and presents a silver necklace that looks as if it was made for me. He walks behind me to put it on and I smile down at the pendant. It's an elephant, like the ones from paintings some of our guests used to bring us as a gift for a new baby or for our hospitality. He knew I fell in love with them from the first time I saw a painting. The elephant's trunk is up with a red ruby at the end. It is so detailed and absolutely perfect, I start to tear up. I stand suddenly and turn to jump into my father's arms. "Thank you, father. I will cherish this for my life," I tell him.

We all walk out of my room and towards where the ceremony is to take place.

---~~~---

Douglas

My wed attire is more close fitting than I'm used to. The jacket is red with silver buttons. My pants are white as the clouds and my black boots are insanely uncomfortable.

"You look like you're not enjoying yourself," Luke teases, coming into my room unannounced.

"I'd like you to try these clothes on, and then see if you'd tease," I counter, smiling.

"Are you almost through?" he asks the seamstress politely.

"Yes, my lord," she replies. She helps me undress and gathers it all to place on the seat by the hearth. I nod, excusing her as well as thanking her for her service.

"I am so tired Luke. Please, help me to bed so I can try to look presentable tomorrow," I say, almost begging. He does as I ask then leaves my room. I drift off into a peaceful sleep, knowing I will be wed the next night...

I wake up before anyone comes to fetch me, the sun just barely peeking over the horizon. I try to lay back down and fall back to sleep, but I soon give up. I wrap a robe around me and walk to Luke's room. I tap on the door and then enter, seeing him laying with a woman in the dull light.

"Luke, I need your assistance," I say, as nicely as possible.

He wakes up and looks at the woman, who's laying on his chest and snoring loudly. I look where his eyes are and laugh when I see it's the same woman from my bed not too long ago. He pulls away and shoves his legs into his pants and pulls on a shirt quicker than I've seen anyone dress before.

"My lord, I'm so sorry," he apologizes.

"For what?" I laugh, "You were only enjoying yourself. Besides, after today I will be a married man," I say. He visibly calms down as the girl wakes to see me in the doorway. Once again she scurries for her clothes and runs away silently.

Luke draws my bath then leaves and I relax, having a bit of time before I must get out. I start to plan what I am going to do to Jade tonight...

I am startled when Luke opens the door and I quickly draw up my knees enough to hide my obvious erection. Maybe now wasn't the best time to fantasize.

"Prince Douglas, it is time to dry and dress for the ceremony," he says, pretending to not have seen my arousal.

"Yes, thank you. I will meet you in my room in a few minutes," I reply. He takes his leave and I get out of the tub, drying myself quickly. I put on a robe and walk to my room to dress in my formal, and uncomfortable, clothes.

Luke fixes my hair and straightens my jacket. "You look quite handsome, my lord," he states.

"Thank you. I do hope my bride will think the same," I reply. My father walks in and see that I'm dressed.

"The princess is almost ready, son. We must leave now," my father says. I nod and stand to join him.

12