Love in the Time of Curiosity Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'How'd you like this alternative?'

I smiled and softly kissed Amanda. 'Much better.'

From there on out me and Amanda were a couple, we weren't open about our relationship but we didn't hide it either, if anyone wanted to confirm the rumours going around uni we would tell them straight. I'll admit it could've been under better circumstances and I'd much rather Amanda had fell in love with me like I'd done with her instead of finding me for safety but I wasn't about to ruin this, I'd waited months for Amanda to feel the way I do and there was nothing that was going to ruin that.

DECEMBER

As winter arrived the cold air brought news both good and bad; firstly Craig Allen was found guilty of attempted rape and sentenced to jail.

But as the song goes, one step forward, two steps back; about two weeks before Christmas there was an incident at Billie's house, serial stalker and all round creep Vincent Moreno had been killed in an accident as a result of a fight between him and Caleb, thankfully no charges were pressed against them as the death was ruled an accident but they were both left shaken, when we got the chance Amanda and I went round to Billie's to talk to her. She was alone when we arrived, still shaken about Vincent's death.

'Hey, B, how you doing?'

'Hezz, Mands, come in.'

Billie's red, puffy eyes told us she'd been crying a lot.

'Where's Caleb?'

'Helping an old friend pack away, they're moving house.'

Amanda put her arm around Billie's shoulder.

'How you holding up?'

'Not good, I can't stop seeing his face, Vincent's dead, bloodied face in the snow.'

'You'll get over it.'

'But when Hezz, when will I stop having these fucking nightmares, I only feel safe with my brother and I can't depend on him forever. I killed that bastard and now he won't leave me alone.'

That confused both of us, I spoke up for us. 'Uh, B, I thought the death was an accident.'

'It wasn't, I killed him, I threw the mirror in his face, I left him there to slip about, I let him slip and fall, it's my fault he's dead and I don't care.'

Me and Amanda stayed with Billie for an hour or two longer before we left, it was obvious she was overcome with guilt and no amount of our comforting could help. Billie spent her Christmas holidays with Caleb, I on the other hand spent it with Amanda and my family. I took the courage to tell them that Amanda and I were an item; my parents were at first shocked but the more they thought about it the more they realised they didn't care, just as long as I was happy. My little brother jokingly told my dad he (my dad) owed him (my brother) a fiver for a bet they made about me and Mands. At least I hope they were joking.

By the time Christmas passed Mands and I were one of the hot gossip talks, an open lesbian couple in university seemed almost scandalous but we didn't mind the odd wolf-whistle or catty remark, just as long as we were hearing them together. To try and show face in lieu of our unconventional relationship we had invited a few people in our flat and some more from the Uni to come up for a New Year's party, I was pouring a drink when Natalie Adams found me.

'Hezz, great party.'

'Thanks Nats, glad you could make it.'

'Mum and dad are at friend's house so I thought 'why not'. Hey have you got any...'

Natalie stopped talking, she had just caught the eye of Daniel, he ex-boyfriend. Saying nothing she turned and walked away, Daniel ran after her, both of them left the party.

'Hey everyone, they're counting down.'

Everyone huddled around the TV as the ball began to drop.

10 seconds to midnight.

The phone rang.

9 seconds to midnight.

Amanda answered it.

8 seconds to midnight.

'Hello.'

7 seconds.

'Yes this is her.'

6 seconds.

'Oh my god.'

5 seconds.

Amanda drops the phone and backs away crying.

4 seconds.

'Mands' what's wrong?'

3.

'That was the hospital.'

2.

'Someone found my mum lying in the snow.'

1.

'My mum's dead.'

Happy New Year.

Ch. 3 might take a while since I'll be focussing on a standalone story for the upcoming Summer Lovin contest.

As ever feedback, questions and comments are welcomed and appreciated.

12