Love Is a Drug Ch. 01 Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Sorry, but the truth hurts right?" Andy still had fire burning in his eyes, and an obvious hard on; he looked like a horny devil.

"Yeah, now he hates me." Theo turned and ran his fingers through his ruffled curls that bounced back over his forehead.

"If he loves you then he will be back. He will, just give him a little time."

Grabbing the bottle he poured out a glass of wine, downing it in one go, and then resting on both hands he lowered his head. 'Would he have done what I thought if I didn't stop him?' asking himself, seeing him sitting and rubbing his face with his hands, knocking off his specks.

Andy had dozed off on the sofa and Theo sat with almost a whole bottle of wine in his system, light headed and red eyed from where he had spent the last hour regretting and fretting his actions. He looked out of the window to the rows of buildings on their side street, the darkness only just starting to fall in the summer evening, seeing the black clouds gather. Putting down his glass lightly, he sneaked over to the coat stand plucking his leather jacket from it and quietly slipping out the door, looking back at the sleeping man and grabbing some things before he shut it carefully behind him. He ran out of the block, pulling on the jacket and set to searching for Calv so he could explain.

The faint buzz woke him from his light sleep, and he opened his eyes to work out what the noise was until he suddenly became fully aware. It was his mobile phone vibrating in his pocket. Looking around he saw the finished meal untouched on the dining table, an empty glass of wine and the bottle on the coffee table in front of him, the person who had been drinking it nowhere to be seen. Pulling out his mobile from his trouser pockets he scrolled down to read the message, eyes widening as the code was plain to see.

'The eagle has landed.'

"Shit!" He cursed, now realizing that Theo had snuck out whilst he was sleeping. He pushed himself up and dashed out the door.

He ran to the only place he thought Calv could be, opening the door forcefully. The landlord looked up and smiled brightly at him whilst pulling a pint for a customer.

"Hey Theo, nice to see you. To what do I owe this pleasure?" He asked, placing the full glass of Stella on the bar and collecting the money, putting it in the till on autopilot.

"Stu have you seen Calvin?" He asked urgently without giving a thought on the older man's friendly welcome.

"Err-no, he's usually with you isn't he?" He grinned, knowing they were practically joined at the hip.

"Well no, he kinda walked out on me." He rubbed his nape in embarrassment.

"Oh, a row eh?"

"Yeah something like that."

"No, sorry, he's not been here, but I will tell him you were looking for him if he does."

"Thanks." He went to turn away but Stu stopped him.

"You want a drink? I mean he might come in yet, could always wait for him."

"No, it's ok; I'll have a look round then head home." He sighed, knowing that Stu would be bending his ear trying to figure out why they have had an argument. He really didn't want to air his dirty laundry in public, or even to be in anyone's company right now. He felt too ashamed.

Defeated he moved away from the pub and walked onwards, not really knowing where he could be in this big city, feeling like a lost child.

Andy hurried along the street, for the second time pushing redial to get hold of Theo, but it just kept just ringing. Finally he spoke after getting his voice mail.

"Theodore, please answer, it's urgent! You have to get back home now!"

He pushed 'end' and then stalked onwards; finding the Swan Inn and pushing open the door.

"Ah Andy, looking for Calvin?" The landlord beamed, they knew him well and he liked a little gossip to sink his teeth into.

"Theo actually, has he been here?"

"Just missed him by about ten minutes or so, something wrong?" He stopped polishing the glass with the tea towel and searched the red-head's face. Something in his eyes told him something was not good.

"No it's nothing mate." He turned and walked away, leaving Stewart a little perplexed, and perhaps a little concerned about what was going on between the three of them.

He was becoming weary now, fearing that Calvin had got on a train and left him for good. Resting against the wall wiping his face, tilting his head up to see the clouds form a dark shade of grey and a few drops cold on his face. A storm was coming. He could smell the rain in the air.

He sighed and let a tear roll down his cheek, saying to himself he was sorry and praying for his lover to come back, some people looking at him strangely as they passed. Bouncing forward as he pushed his foot away from the wall and moped along at a slow pace, feeling hopelessly alone and empty without him near. His heart aching, his stomach knotted and tears burned the back of his eyes. He wanted to scream out and just collapse in a heap of emotions right there on the pavement, not caring who would see his anguish.

The red beam targeted just right, just as he was still for a moment as he was looking about, and then was ready.

"THEO?!" The hysterical shriek broke his thoughts, turning quickly to see Andy paltering over to him. Face full of terror as he body turn sharply to his left.

He sucked in a breath hard then sighed, whimpered, cried out as he felt the pain pierce him. Falling back against the brick wall in shock, clasping his chest with his unsteady hand. It all happened so fast but yet slowly seeing Andy's face contort in terror. He looked down with dread as the blood spread, turning his white vest-shirt to a dark crimson tone.

"Fuck, oh fuck!!!" He moaned as Andy stood over him in utter dismay. He slid down the wall, eyes glazed and his breath shallow. "Andy, I'm gonna die," he squealed, still holding his chest over his blood-stained vest.

"Its ok, you're not gonna die, I'll call for help," with a wavering voice, pulling out his mobile with trembling hands and dialling. "Ambulance. My friend he ... he has...been shot. I dunno, a sniper, please hurry! Yes. Chapel Road, by the barbers, please hurry up!" He hung up as the operator told him they were on the way.

He crouched down and cradled his friend in his arms, almost sobbing out loud as the green glassy eyes faded. "Come on Theodore, stay with me. Come on don't sleep, stay with me!" He cried, clutching him tightly. But the eyes flickered and close, blacking out.

"Oh god, I'm sorry," he whispered into the limp body's neck.

12