Love Me Tender - Please Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Simultaneous groans of deep satisfaction came from their throats as they relished their coupling. They paused for a moment before Ray moved his hands from her hips and let her slide herself up and down his body made slippery by their combined perspiration.

Kari was nearing orgasm long before Ray was stimulated enough to cum. She buried her face in his chest and sucked on his nipple as she covered and uncovered his cock with her pussy.

"I ... I'm cumming," she whimpered in a little voice. "Oh, God, I'm cumming again!"

Ray helped her by raising his hips and pressing down on her lower back to embed himself as deep into her as he could get. Kari's muscles contracted around him and Ray could feel her body quivering with the explosive release of her nerve endings. Her trembling continued until she finally collapsed onto him with a long shudder.

She remained on top of him as they lay silently together. Every few seconds she would move a little and contract her vaginal muscles to prolong the pleasure. After a few minutes, she raised her head and looked into his face.

"I love you," she said again. "I still love you. I have always loved you and only you."

Ray pulled her up so that he could kiss her on her lips.

"I think I know that," he said. "I'm beginning to understand."

Kari felt a thrill go through her as she counted up each little centimeter of his coming back into her life.

Turning his head, Ray looked at the bedside clock and said, "I've got to get back to my room. I left Brian asleep."

"He's a big boy," she admonished him gently. "He can take care of himself."

"I know, but I don't want him to wake up and see me gone. I'll see you in the morning."

Rolling Kari off of his chest, he sat on the edge of he bed for a moment before standing up and gathering his clothes. Kari watched as his still-hard erection bobbed out from his groin.

"You didn't cum that time, did you?" she gasped. "Oh, Ray! Why didn't you tell me? Come here and let me take care of you."

"No, I'm OK. Honest. I'll see you tomorrow. Do you want me to call you in the morning?"

Kari was out of bed and holding him in her arms. Kissing him on the lips, she hugged him as if she did not want to let him go.

"You're not wearing shoes on a hotel room rug. That's a change," he laughed.

"You make me crazy, do you know that," she replied and tiptoed the few steps back to the bed.

"You'll have to sterilize your feet," he joked. "Boiling water should do it. See you tomorrow. Good night."

Kari lay on the bed and watched him go out the door with his shirt still unbuttoned. For a moment she felt like she had just had a one-night stand with a stranger she had picked up in a bar somewhere.

"He's not a stranger. He was my husband and he's going to be my husband again," she promised.

Pulling the rumpled bedclothes up over herself, she quickly fell asleep while looking out of the window at the night sky.

Ray was not so lucky. When he returned to his room, he found that Brian had barely moved and he was sure he was not aware that his father had disappeared for a few hours. Lying in bed with the lights out, Ray's mind was in turmoil over what had happened. He tried to sort out how he felt and his fear of being hurt again.

He knew he loved Kari. He had accepted that fact when they stood looking out the window. The vision of her standing in front of the mirror with Montrell had violated his senses until her expression of love wiped it out. When the image vanished, he realized that his fight with the past was mostly over and that he could move on into the future.

The children played into his thoughts and he knew that they would be happy if he and Kari got back together.

"Children!" he said aloud and sat upright in bed. "He had not used protection with Kari. He hoped that she was on the pill. He did not want an unplanned pregnancy to make the issue any foggier.

Another thought crossed his mind.

"Why would she be on the pill unless she's been with other men?"

His anger rose for a moment and he sat in the darkness. He felt his face flush until he reminded himself that he had been active with a few women. Since they were no longer married, she had every right to her own pleasure. He tried to reconcile that fact but his jealously boiled up. It took a few minutes for him to come to terms with her presumed lifestyle.

Lying back down, he smiled at his own uncertainty. He realized that if he were capable of being jealous of her boyfriends than he was in fact emotionally tied to her whether or not he wanted to admit it.

"Was it just sex?" he mulled over the thought. "No, it was more than that and I'm willing to pursue it."

Turning over, he finally fell asleep looking at the same night sky as Kari.

Chapter 66

The sound of Brian taking a shower woke Ray up the next morning. He sat on the edge of the bed and once again he turned the last evening's events over in his mind. He wondered how Kari would feel this morning and he wondered where they would go from here.

"I've got to figure out a way to ask her about birth control," he muttered to himself while tuning in the news on the television.

"It's all yours," Brian said as he came out of the bathroom. "Sleep well? I sure did. I don't remember anything."

"Yep, except for your snoring," Ray, joked. "I'll be ready in a few minutes."

Brian was on the house phone when Ray came out of the bathroom.

"See you in a few minutes, OK? Bye. That was mom. We're meeting for breakfast. Is that OK with you?"

"Yes, it's fine. I'll be ready in a minute."

Kari was sitting in one of the lobby chairs reading a newspaper when Ray and Brian stepped off of the elevator. Ray studied her as they walked towards her chair. She was wearing a square-necked summer dress that showed a hint of her breasts. As she swung her crossed leg, a flat sandal dangled from her toes and he wanted to kneel down and kiss her feet again.

"God, you're a pervert," he said to himself before moving to greet her. "Good morning. You look very nice this morning."

"So do you. I like that shirt. Did Melody pick it out?" she said as she arose from her seat.

"No, I buy my own clothes. I'm not completely helpless, you know."

Kari took a step forward and kissed him on the lips.

"I found that out last night," she whispered.

Ray felt himself start to blush and was about to hug her when Brian's voice broke through their little private conversation.

"Hey, how about me? I'm here too, mom."

"Good morning sweetheart," she laughed and hugged him. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes, but I'm beginning to wonder if I slept through something last night. You two seem awfully friendly this morning."

"It's all in your mind," Ray told him. "Let's eat!"

Brian was anxious to get to the college and he left most of his breakfast on his plate. When they walked up to the sports center on the campus, there were dozens of proud parents and hopeful students milling around the sports training building. Ray was impressed with the facility and he and Brian inspected all of the equipment and looked at the trophies and photos lining the walls and displayed in glass cases.

The players had been given name badges at the reception desk and one of the coaches approached them and stuck out his hand in greeting.

"Good morning, Brian. I'm Coach Griffon, nice to meet you. Are these your parents?"

"Yes, sir," Brian replied.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Royals. Your son has a lot of potential. We've been watching him."

Brian opened his mouth to tell the coach that his mother and father were no longer Mr. and Mrs. when Ray spoke up.

"Thanks, coach. We're very proud of him and thank you for your confidence in his talents."

Kari looked up at Ray and slipping her arm through his, she gave it a squeeze and smiled while Brian stood looking at them.

"Brian, why don't you come with me and we'll go over some details. OK? We'll all meet a little later in the training room. It'll be announced when it's time. See you folks later. Come on Brian."

"Thank you," Kari said to Ray.

"For what?"

"You know, for what? For allowing me to be introduced as your wife."

"It was easier to do that than to try and explain," Ray replied but she could see that he had a little smile on his face. "Don't you agree?"

"Yes, but thank you anyway," she hugged his arm tighter to her body. "Let's take a walk outside. I'm sure they'll let us know when it's time to go to the meeting."

They strolled over to a stone bench and sat down. She kept her arm looped through his and stared off into the distance for a few moments before turning to look at him.

"Ray, thank you for last night. I haven't been this happy in a long time. I don't want to spoil any of what we've regained but I have to know how you feel about us. Where are we going? Do you know or are you feeling the same hesitation as me?"

Turning towards her, he took her hands in his.

"Last night, I came to a realization that I still have strong feelings for you. I tried to deny them for so long that they surprised me when they popped up in my face. I admit that I have a lot of issues about us and what happened, but I'm willing to try and take things slowly.

I enjoy being with you as long as I don't start letting myself think about what happened. That's what I call it. I don't know how to put a name on it so I just call it 'what happened'. That's how I've learned to cope with it. If I keep it in its own little box, there are no details that I have to fight against."

Kari smiled and said, "I understand and accept that but my hesitation is different than yours. I know that I will always be faithful to you. I also know that I don't want to hurt you in any way. If my being close to you, like we were last night, causes you the pain of remembering what happened, then I can understand if you want to back away from me."

"I appreciate that but I don't want to pull us apart again. My thoughts are jumbled where you are concerned. I don't know who you are anymore. You are not the same Karen I married and you are not the Karen that hurt me. You are someone else now. You are now Kari and I am trying to learn what makes you tick. Every time I try and compare you to Karen, you keep coming up with things that make me feel even closer to you. I like you and, in fact, I think I love you again but I'm afraid to let it happen. I can't keep my head clear and if I allow what you did to surface, it still hurts me like someone is sticking me in the gut with a hot poker."

He paused and thought to himself, "It's now or never."

Continuing, he plunged in, "For instance, last night I realized that we had not used any protection and I wondered if you were on the pill or something. Logically, to me anyway, that means that you have been with other men or you are planning on being with them and you are protecting yourself. I know that it is unreasonable for me to even think that you have been or will continue to be celibate. Even though I know that I have no business even considering it since we are divorced, it still bothers me."

Kari pulled back and studied his distraught face.

Giving a little laugh, she said, "You don't know me as well as you think you do. We have a lot of catching up to fill in the blanks. First thing is that I have not been with any men since 'what happened'. Secondly, I have no desire to be with anyone but you, and thirdly, I'm not on the pill or anything. We don't have to worry about getting me pregnant because I had some female problems and had a partial hysterectomy a year ago. Does that clear things up?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know that. I didn't notice a scar or anything. Does Melody know? She didn't tell me. See! Ever since Brian's graduation, I go crazy thinking about you and what you have been doing since we split. I can't help wondering if I can fit back into your life again and for that matter if you can fit back into mine."

Leaning towards him she kissed him on the cheek.

"Scars? You are behind the times. They don't cut women like they used to, there are other ways and no Melody doesn't know. I'm willing to try and fit if you are."

"We'll just take it slow. Agreed?"

"Only if you come to my room again tonight where you can take me as slowly as you want."

"If I can get away from Brian I will."

Laughing together they stood and, hand in hand, they strolled back into the building to look for their son.

The rest of the morning was filled with briefings and films of past players and championship games. The school's cheerleaders made an appearance that sent the young men into a frenzy. They put on a program to show off their high-kicking style in their short skirts and exposed bellies. Lunch was catered into the facility and the three of them sat outside on the grass while they ate.

"Dad? Mom?" Brian asked. "Is it OK if I spend the night in the dorm tonight? There is a dorm just for athletics and they want us to check it out. OK?"

"Sure," Ray replied. "Are the cheerleaders considered athletes?"

"Dad!" Brian yelped. "What do you think I am?"

"Well, if you're like your father, you're a dirty old, oops I mean, young, man," Kari laughed.

"Mom! Please! Someone might hear you."

"Calm down. We're just jerking you around. Whoops! Speaking of cheerleaders, here comes some now."

They watched in silence as a group of young ladies smiled and waved at them as they swished by in their short skirts and tight tops. Brian pretended not to be affected, but Ray and Kari could see him blush and return their smiles.

"How about if I sleep in the dorm tonight with you?" Ray teased. "I think you are going to need protection from them."

"You wish," Kari pulled on his arm. "There's no way you could even keep up with them for ten minutes. Let's go back inside."

The afternoon consisted of pep talks and bragging about the college's records and the players that had gone on to bigger and better things. There were also talks about money and about how much the college appreciated the parents and alumni helping with travel and lodging costs for the players. They stressed the fact that it gave the players a boost to their ego to see that they were being treated equal to or better than their rivals.

After a quick trip back to the hotel to gather up Brian's toiletries and a change of clothes they drove him back to the campus and told him they would see him for lunch the next day. On the way back to the hotel, they decided to go out to a nice place for dinner and Kari insisted they stop in a shopping mall so she could pick up a few things. She did not want Ray to shop with her so he waited on a bench and watched the girls go by for over an hour before she finally returned.

"A few things," he said when she unloaded her packages on the bench next to him. "It looks like you bought enough for a month."

"Stop complaining. We're not married anymore remember," she laughed. "I'm still single and supporting myself so I can buy whatever I want. Anyway, they're for you."

"What do you mean for me? What did you get me?"

"A shirt and a sport jacket. I still remember what size you wear and I figured you had some decent pants and shoes to go with them. The rest of the stuff is so I don't embarrass you. I want to look good next to you."

"That could never be a problem even if you were dressed in rags."

"Flattery will get you whatever you want. Now let's go. I've got a lot of primping and painting to do before you take me out tonight."

"Where am I taking you?"

"It's a surprise but it's very expensive so be sure and bring your credit card."

Ray helped her carry her purchases up to her room but she would not let him inside. She made him stand at the door while she selected a bag from the items she bought and handed it to him.

Kissing him on the cheek, she told him, "Don't open this until you are ready to come and pick me up. OK? Promise?"

"I promise. What time?"

"Seven o'clock, now go," and she pushed him out into the hall.

Ray spent the rest of the afternoon on the phone with his office. There was a message from Melody but when he tried to return her call she was not answering her cell phone or the home phone so he left messages at both places.

After taking a nap, he showered and shaved and dressed in his new clothes. Checking himself in the mirror, he had to admit that she had good taste and he looked good. Thankful that the hot weather made ties unnecessary and unwelcome he was about to go up to Kari's room when he remembered the package.

Opening the bag, he was puzzled to find a shoebox. Inside was a pair of black, high-heeled, patent leather shoes with an ankle strap decorated with glittering rhinestones. The heels also had a fine line of rhinestones swirling around the heel. Holding them up he chuckled to himself at her humor. Shoes had become a new tradition that they could share.

"It's time to start some new traditions," he said as he walked out the door swinging the shoes by the straps.

He and the shoes got a few sidelong stares from the other passengers in the elevator as they chugged up from floor to floor. At one point he smiled to himself at the thought that he could tease the two older ladies standing opposite of him. He was going to tell them that the shoes were too tight and he was going to take them back but he chickened out. They were whispering to themselves as soon as he stepped through the open door onto Kari's floor.

Her door was propped open with the night latch mechanism stuck between the door and the frame.

"Please come in," she called when he gently knocked.

Opening the door he was greeted by the sight of Kari sitting on the bed with her legs crossed at the knees. She was wearing a black dress with rhinestones decorating the thin straps going over her shoulders. The full skirt was spread out on each side of her. A diamond necklace encircled her neck and was matched by her dangling earrings.

Her hair was teased up higher than it had been earlier that day and her makeup highlighted her face perfectly. In short, she was stunning.

"Come in," she repeated as he stood looking at her. "Close the door please."

Closing the door he walked over to where she was sitting and stood admiring her.

"You are beautiful," he gushed. "I'll have to fight the men off tonight."

"No you won't because I don't have any intention of even acknowledging any of them. As you can see, I'm stuck here. I don't have any shoes and I don't walk barefoot on hotel carpets."

"I have just the thing to help you. I found these and thought that you might need them. May I put them on for you?"

"Please do, my gallant knight. You have saved me. Thank you."

Ray knelt and held her offered foot with his hand behind her ankle. Raising her leg higher, he kissed her arch and the pad of her foot before lowering it and slipping on her shoe. Repeating the process with her other foot he scooted closer and resting her foot on his lap he began to fiddle with the strap and buckle.

He could feel himself hardening as he smoothed his hands up and down her nylon-covered leg before threading the strap through the buckle to fasten it. By the time he moved to fasten the strap on her other foot his erection was pushing down his leg and was becoming uncomfortable.

"Wait a minute," she said with a giggle. "Let me check something."

Taking the shoe off, she found his erection through the leg of his trousers with her toes. Running her foot over it a few times, she then squeezed it by curling her toes down towards the sole of her foot. Ray groaned with the eroticism of the sensation as she teased him and slid his hands up the outside of her legs and under her skirt.

"Uh, uh," she said and pushed his hands back down. "It's too early for that and I'm hungry."

"I can't go out like this," he said and indicated the state of his cock. "You're not helping me. I won't be able to get into a restaurant."